TXXC/SWXC

Posted by: RReuscher

TXXC/SWXC - 23/03/08 07:48 PM

OK,
Since I lost our domain, and we were thinking about anyway, I propose we change our name to TexasXterraClub (TXXC). We'll need to modify the logo, and see what we need to do with the IRS (if we want to go the trouble of changing the legal name). But like everyone has pointed out we haven't had anybody from outside Texas join in a long time.
Posted by: hattrik21

Re: TXXC/SWXC - 24/03/08 05:10 AM

Works for me.
Posted by: Big Daddy Chia

Re: TXXC/SWXC - 24/03/08 06:23 AM

I think we should also go through and clean up the member roster

Re: TXXC/SWXC - 24/03/08 07:37 AM

Just looking at the pages I've changed to make links work, there's lots of stuff that needs to be cleaned up. When we get active again mail maybe we'll get someone who wants to run the webpage again.
Posted by: Walt

Re: TXXC/SWXC - 26/03/08 05:46 PM

Probably looking at some kind of update to the IRS... may just need to file a name change instead of starting all over with a new 501(c) 3 filing and transfer of funds and status between entities.

There has to be a CPA somewhere in the club to tell us, right? confused

However, there is possibly an easy way out. There was a provision to subdivide the club as necessary. You could continue under a subdivision(s) and still operate under the original name and filing. That much I do know.

Either way, it definitely requires approval by the officers and a quorum of members, assuming again that the original by-laws are still in place.

That would mean getting a current roster in order as suggested by Chia and getting the word out by all means available.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: TXXC/SWXC - 26/03/08 10:27 PM

So I've been watching the boards and waiting for the TXXC/SWXC site to start up again and found the membership join page. I don't have a problem paying dues (it's on 15 bucks after all), but is all the info current on that page or should I wait until everything gets updated?

Re: TXXC/SWXC - 26/03/08 11:24 PM

The application and paypal address have been updated and should have the right email addresses now.

I don't think Daniel knows about the new email address, all the old email address seem to have been recreated with @txxc.org when the hosting site changed the name of our site at my request. Passwords are the same as the were with the swxc.org email accounts.