Den Pics-9-18-05

Posted by: Rickster43

Den Pics-9-18-05 - 18/09/05 12:10 PM

Shiner, Brant214, and I, beginning our little excursion...

Brant, doing a little Rock Crawling..

Little Group Shot...

Shiner, having fun...
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 18/09/05 01:20 PM

Nice. I'm assuming that you are running a 3" SL and 32" BFG's and that yours is the one in the front in the first pic?

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 18/09/05 01:29 PM

will be posting some of my pics here in a bit...

mike

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 18/09/05 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by skaggs396:
Nice. I'm assuming that you are running a 3" SL and 32" BFG's and that yours is the one in the front in the first pic?
Nope, just a "Poor man's Lift"...it did give me quite a Lift, and I am running 32" BFG's...

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 18/09/05 09:21 PM

More Pics..

Shiner...

Brant214

And me...

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 27/09/05 06:42 AM

Good pix Rick. Just curious though, why are you on your X and not a good looking woman?!?

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 27/09/05 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dirt Guy:
Good pix Rick. Just curious though, why are you on your X and not a good looking woman?!?
I couldn't find one around...so I decided to do it myself for some Kicks and Giggles..

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 01/10/05 08:50 AM

Just FYI I'm probably hitting the Den in the morning. Need to stretch the 4x legs for a lil bit. Proly leave there by noon or one in case anyone's interested.

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 01/10/05 11:58 PM

Quote:
Just FYI I'm probably hitting the Den in the morning. Need to stretch the 4x legs for a lil bit. Proly leave there by noon or one in case anyone's interested.
Probably won't make it out there this time around Patrick, but if I decide to go, I'll call you...

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 02/10/05 06:42 PM

Dunno. Have a night run to Cibilo coming up sometime soon. Don't wanna burn up all my "Go do Daddy thing" cards quite yet.

Didn't miss much today. Got some good poser pix but that's about all. Nothing too hard. BTW, stay away from the Rock Garden until further notice. Heard about some 5oh's giving tickets down close to the new hike and bike trails.

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 03/10/05 06:06 AM

The Po-Po. You know, the fuzz, the brass, men in blue, pigs, coppers...the police...SAPD.

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 05/10/05 10:41 AM

How about having a Good Group of Xterra's and Frontiers go out there either Sunday (10-9-05)or Sunday (10-16-05)...anybody game?

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 07/10/05 06:44 AM

Not sure about this weekend, although weather-wise it'd be great.

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 07/10/05 11:28 AM

Quote:
Not sure about this weekend, although weather-wise it'd be great.
Yeah...it should be Nice Weather for Wheeling this Weekend...But I have not heard from no one yet...
Posted by: shiner

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 07/10/05 02:58 PM

can't make this weekend, maybe next. will keep you posted.

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 07/10/05 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shiner:
can't make this weekend, maybe next. will keep you posted.
Yeah...The Weekend of Sunday (10-16-05), Sounds good with me...anybody else?

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 08/10/05 02:14 PM

Actually we might want to reconsider this. Heard some news last night at the meeting that there are bike cops patrolling now and there have been several citations given out. mad

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 08/10/05 03:18 PM

Quote:
Actually we might want to reconsider this. Heard some news last night at the meeting that there are bike cops patrolling now and there have been several citations given out. mad
Bummer...Hello Cibolo !!!

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 09/10/05 10:34 PM

Quote:
depends on where they are patrolling. if only around rock garden, no problem. we rarely go out that direction. unfortunately, becky and i can't make sunday 10/16. probably gonna be perfect weather, but got some family obligations. if we plan something in november, would like to play in the rocks around wicked or goto cibolo.

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 10/10/05 08:03 AM

Actually these were given in various locations in the Den - not just around the Garden.

As for Wicked, well um, they moved to San Pedro and Basse. There is another place up close to Blossum Athletic Center - Outback. Heard they're facility kicks major ass.

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 10/10/05 09:01 AM

Quote:
..As for Wicked, well um, they moved to San Pedro and Basse....
Wow...that's close to where I work at...Cool

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 10/10/05 09:16 PM

so no more den? or den at your own risk? this sucks a$$. not sure of the name, but i take the honda civic to advance asian auto across the street from blossom (damn good warranty...18 month/18000 mile...i think). there is an offroad shop next door to it.

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 10/10/05 10:28 PM

Quote:
...so no more den? or den at your own risk? this sucks a$$...
Ahhh...Hell with that...I'm still going to The Den...I'll just tell the Coppers that I'm testing out the X on some rough Terrain...

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 13/10/05 12:09 PM

Are these other places that you guys are talking about in and around SA? How do they compare the The Den?

Mike

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 13/10/05 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Brant214:
Are these other places that you guys are talking about in and around SA? How do they compare the The Den?

Mike
I think they are talking about Offroad Stores...

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 13/10/05 01:44 PM

Gotcha.

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 13/10/05 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rickster43:
Quote:
[b]...so no more den? or den at your own risk? this sucks a$$...
Ahhh...Hell with that...I'm still going to The Den...I'll just tell the Coppers that I'm testing out the X on some rough Terrain...[/b]
just don't tell them that you're looking for your lost puppy. to many people use that line around children.... [Huh?] [Freak]

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 13/10/05 10:25 PM

Hey, any of you San Antonionians seen that Black "Monster 4x4 Xterra" that's for sale on a Car Sales Lot (it's on top of a Ramp) close to Brook Hollow and 281...if you are going South on 281, it is on the Right side of 281 Access Road right past Brook Hollow...man it is a Kick ass X...it seems to be a 2000 or 2001 Xterra...Sweeet!!!!

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 14/10/05 06:09 PM

how much are they asking for it?

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 14/10/05 10:16 PM

Quote:
how much are they asking for it?
Don't know...it didn't have a price sticker on it...and nobody was around to ask...

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 16/10/05 07:03 AM

That's Kevin's old rig!!

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 16/10/05 09:34 AM

Quote:
That's Kevin's old rig!!
never seen it around, did he ever go to The Den with it...Nice X..

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 16/10/05 08:10 PM

Went several times but didn't do too much.

Just found out today... frown Cibilo is closed. Went out this morning but found a barrier installed. Soooo, no Den no Cibilo. We're screwed.

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 16/10/05 09:51 PM

mad [Crybaby]

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 16/10/05 10:03 PM

Quote:
Went several times but didn't do too much.

Just found out today... frown Cibilo is closed. Went out this morning but found a barrier installed. Soooo, no Den no Cibilo. We're screwed.
Is there any other entrances for Cibolo?...I still think the Den is OK to go to...Hey how about a "after work Run", between 5:30-7:00, one of these days...

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 17/10/05 06:00 AM

Nope. Only two entrances and both were barricaded. As for the Den, well it's gonna be a hit and miss thing. Fella told me yesterday that not only is SAPD patrolling on bicycles in areas but also using ATVs. mad

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 17/10/05 06:40 AM

Quote:
Nope. Only two entrances and both were barricaded. As for the Den, well it's gonna be a hit and miss thing. Fella told me yesterday that not only is SAPD patrolling on bicycles in areas but also using ATVs. mad
That really blows the big one...Why all the Security and Patrolling all of sudden?

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 19/10/05 07:50 AM

People have been complaining about the paintballers, loud motorcycles/ATV's/trucks. Plus they've added the hike/bike trails by the Garden.

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 19/10/05 07:13 PM

Quote:
...Plus they've added the hike/bike trails by the Garden...
I'm actually Looking foward to The Hike and Bike Trails out there...since I like going Mountain Biking...should be pretty cool!!!...maybe if we Wheel away from The Garden, I think we will be OK...Hey, how about Bedrocks over at Blanco & 1604...I heard about that place awhile back, is this place open for Wheeling ?
Posted by: The X Factor

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 20/10/05 02:25 AM

Former Owner,
Eww, the rims, why ? Once you go black you arent supposed to go back! Looks as if someone did, Bah. Now someone please go buy it and blow it up....mmmm k? I hate seeing it, regret getting rid of it. Being stuck in a pinto kinda sucks! Patrick it's time to trade in the frontier.

~Kevin

P.S. What kinda shape was it in ? Its a 2001, 4x4, SE if anyone is interested I could list the mods. Anyway by now im sure it has about 75k+ on it, I traded it in with around 48k. Shouldnt be selling for anymore than about $10,500, seeing that three and a half years ago in mint condition Ingram sold it for $16,500.

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 20/10/05 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The X Factor:
Former Owner,
Eww, the rims, why ? Once you go black you arent supposed to go back! Looks as if someone did, Bah. Now someone please go buy it and blow it up....mmmm k? I hate seeing it, regret getting rid of it. Being stuck in a pinto kinda sucks! Patrick it's time to trade in the frontier.

~Kevin

P.S. What kinda shape was it in ?...
It Looks in pretty good damn shape, Kevin...you should go check it out...281 South @ Brookhollow Right Access Rd.

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 20/10/05 06:16 AM

Kevin where the hell have you been? Are you back in SA? How's the Z?

Naw, I love my Fronty! Especially now since this one is 4wd!

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 20/10/05 06:38 AM

Hey, how about Bedrocks over at Blanco & 1604...I heard about that place awhile back, is this place open for Wheeling ?

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 20/10/05 12:32 PM

Rickster,
I would love to check it out and I should be able to on sunday. Going to the Tech UT game saturday and will have a short break in the SA with the fam on sunday.

Patrick,
I still stuck up here in Lubbock, and looking forward to graduation in may. I cant wait to get back to SA and start a new life. Im currently very bored and ready for a big change!
Yeah im also still driving the Z and I would have to say that its been nothing more than a mistake. From day 1 the rear end has always been an issue, the inside is falling apart, and the paint is simply horrible and the seat well, the supports in it arent made for people my size. Im on the 6th set of seat supports [Freak] . Im ready to get out of it and move on to something new.

Who knows maybe I can trade the Z in for the X, and then some. Lockers, SAS, 37's ah the thoughts!

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 20/10/05 02:55 PM

let me know if you guys get the chance to check out Bedrocks. I'm ready to do some wheeling, haven't been since the last Den trip.

Any of you guys planning to make the Mexico trip? I know we talked about it at the Den, but I don't remember who was thinking about going.

later,

Mike

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 20/10/05 08:58 PM

Quote:
let me know if you guys get the chance to check out Bedrocks. I'm ready to do some wheeling, haven't been since the last Den trip.

Any of you guys planning to make the Mexico trip? I know we talked about it at the Den, but I don't remember who was thinking about going.

later,

Mike
I really don't know anything about Bedrocks, Mike...I don't even know if it's open for Wheeling...I heard about it a couple of years ago...Patrick would know more about it...nahh, no Mexico Trip for me...Gotta save $$$

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 20/10/05 10:04 PM

Bedrocks is fun, not safe at all period for stock, 3" lifts and 32's with IFS will have a hard time running the first little run. If you plan to truely wheel in there and explore all that is available I would say that sliders are a requiremnet or youll drive out with serious rocker panel damage. Just ask Scott, he nearly flipped his X here, and left his front grillgaurd there as a gift to the bedrocks for tearing it from his old X. Altho on the opposite side of the massive damn after a rain you can have an incredible time mudding back here. It's not IFS friendly like the den. If you want some fun hill climbs hit the powerline trails (pat knows where they are). Cibilo is all around fun for anyone involved and has miles of trails running along it.

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 21/10/05 06:51 AM

Haven't been to Bedrock in a looooong time! I would prefer to kinda stay away from the Stone Oak area - don't want to run into students. As for Cibilo, well it's closed until further notice. Private property owners got Schertz to install a barricade. [ThumbsDown]

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 21/10/05 07:00 AM

Quote:
...If you want some fun hill climbs hit the powerline trails (pat knows where they are)....
Yeah...How about the powerline trails?

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 21/10/05 01:23 PM

when I used to have my jeep I would wheel around the Lake travis area (southwest of austin) at some cool places...difficult and hard trails. I think most of them have been developed over, but I'll try to figure that out and let you guys know.

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 21/10/05 01:32 PM

yeah, I know 'bout where they are. Haven't been out there since that one time. That part of SA has exploded in housing so I don't know what the condition of the area is. Hmmmm, road trip.

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 21/10/05 06:45 PM

Quote:
how much are the fines or are they giving out first time warnings?

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 22/10/05 10:28 AM

Probably starting at 250$ per violation. After that I was told that they might make you park your vehicle, call a tow truck and have it removed. If a tow can't get in, they might opt to leave it or airlift your rig out. Cost of that? Well let's just say it'd be in the thousands of dollars plus the fine.
Posted by: koalakilla

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 22/10/05 12:10 PM

lol at airlifting it out. I think most trucker services have (or at least know of) a truck to use for hardcore stuck rigs. They are usually reall sweet but they charge hundreds to get you out.

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 23/10/05 11:04 AM

So...Where to Now ?...I have "The Offroading Itch"...Big time!!!

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 23/10/05 12:24 PM

Quote:
So...Where to Now ?...I have "The Offroading Itch"...Big time!!!
Same here...I'm going to try to make the Mexico trip in December, but I don't want to wait that long! I put some calls in to some guys I know in and around Austin to see if they know anywhere to go. No response yet.

Later,

Mike

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 23/10/05 01:04 PM

Just came back from a Den Run...there were alot of Trucks out there, no sign of problems, cops or any nonsence of sort...Had some fun...Till next time...

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 24/10/05 06:01 AM

Considering that the Den made the news last night, it might just take me a little time to let things cool off (in my opinionated idealogy). I do know of a place on private property MAYBE out in Medina. Some hardcore boulder crawling. Non-lifted vehicles would definitely suffer some serious body damage or breakages.

I'll keep looking though.

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 24/10/05 06:28 AM

Quote:
[QB]...Considering that the Den made the news last night.../QB]
what kind of news did the Den make ?

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 25/10/05 06:32 AM

Some kids stole three vans from Du-More construction, went for joyrides, took 'em into the Den there by Three Fingers, trashed 'em and then burned them. Some dude found them Saturday morning and called the cops. One of them was still running too.

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 25/10/05 08:07 AM

Quote:
Some kids stole three vans from Du-More construction, went for joyrides, took 'em into the Den there by Three Fingers, trashed 'em and then burned them. Some dude found them Saturday morning and called the cops. One of them was still running too.
That's Fucked man...see, shit like that ruins it for everybody else...the thing is there will probably more security there at night but not in the day time...I went around 1 pm or so, and there were alot of people wheeling, did not see any security or cops patrolling the area...

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 25/10/05 12:30 PM

Well there is always Barnwell Mountain in Gilmer. Also my old X is going for a retarded amount, $15,900 which in my opinion is pure stupidity on the dealers part. Got a dent in the hood, rear right quarter panel, broken back right light, fiberglass fenders are in good shape but the pain on them is needing major work from chips, and the calmini rear bumper looks as if it was never attended to. Oh and the front right tire was flat, as it sat up on the ramp which I found funny.
Posted by: xterraintx

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 25/10/05 12:38 PM

Kevin, you have missed out on another good place and closer to SA. It's Katemcy a little further west than the Slabs.

If you ever get the chance you should come out there and ride shotgun... I know you'd like thta place smile

Oh yea, glad to see you are still lurking around. Hard to believe you graduate in May... way to go!

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 25/10/05 11:42 PM

Man im ready to get out of here, Lubbock is the armpit of america! More so than getting out of Lubbock im looking forward to being back in a truck soon, and releaving myself of the mod bug I have had since dumping the X.

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 26/10/05 05:59 AM

So are you going to pickup a similar year X that you had or get a brand spanking new one? Y'oughta get one of the old ones and do an SAS on it.

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 26/10/05 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by xterraintx:
...you have missed out on another good place and closer to SA. It's Katemcy a little further west than the Slabs....

Yeah...we need to do a run up to Katemcy, Boys...one of these Weekends on a Sunday....

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 26/10/05 09:50 AM

I'm in. I still haven't been there. Clint told me how badass it is, and I've seen pics. [ThumbsUp] Can we camp there or close by overnight?

Later,

Mike

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 26/10/05 11:15 AM

Patrick,
I was thinking more of a brand new titan on some 37's

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 26/10/05 11:17 AM

Whichever one is on 281 keeps having lifted Titans.

Katemcy is closed as is Tree's and Cline Ranches until the first of the year - hunting season.

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 26/10/05 11:46 AM

Is a trip to Barnwell out of the question?

Later,

Mike

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 26/10/05 11:52 AM

Quote:
Is a trip to Barnwell out of the question?

Later,

Mike
Little too far for me...

Going back to the Titans Topic...I keep on seeing a Black Lifted 4x4 Titan on San Pedro...it's a pretty kick ass Titan...

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 27/10/05 02:30 AM

Patrick,
Both my father and I have looked at almost every Titan on the lot at that dealership off of 281. My father doesnt like dealing with them and has stated that he would rather him and myself do the work on the truck not only so its done right, but more so that he and I could save some money and bond doing it. The lift they put on those trucks is the 6" CST on the 4x's and the 8" CST on the 2x's, and IMO its a horrible kit. Also the majority of the truck's they do ARE 2wd =(

Anywho my plans are a Black (I have a thing for black, so yes it will be debaged and black'd out like the X was) LE 4x4 Crewcab with all the goodies(DVD, TV, NAV etc..) 6" pro comp with coilovers, ranchhand front and rear cut and raised (rhinolined), 3" body, custom sliderz and 37's on 20-22" black wheels. Would be more for show, pulling the boat/jetski and commutes to work. Could even be used to tow your rigs to the trail, save ya gas money =) and enjoy the ride. However, my plans are to buy a 00 frontier or X when I myself can afford it and create an all out romper, but currently im tryin to find a job and figure out where i want to go in my life. That is my most important priority.

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 27/10/05 05:49 AM

Quote:
...but currently im tryin to find a job and figure out where i want to go in my life. That is my most important priority...
I should hope so, before buying ALL your Toys on your wish list...

Re: Den Pics-9-18-05 - 28/10/05 03:18 PM

Kev sounds like you have lots of plans. So getcher ass outta school and get to making bucks so you can get into debt like everyone else! laugh