Friday evening 17th (DFW area)

Posted by: Anonymous

Friday evening 17th (DFW area) - 16/10/03 04:49 PM

Gary, Herk and myself will be running around nakid in the denton hills before Gary has to commit his life to Tracy on Saturday.

Actually, we are going to let our kids (the trucks) run around and play in the sand and on some hills. ( we will be fully clothed) Anyone who can come out there please do. As usualy CB 5, FRS 5. my cell is 817 235 9909 I think we are going to head out there around 6pm or so
Posted by: hattrik21

Re: Friday evening 17th (DFW area) - 17/10/03 09:54 AM

I have a softball game that I have to go to so I can't make it. You should have posted this 2 days ago and I wouldn't have commited to it. frown

My truck is still dirty from Barnwell anyway. cool
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Friday evening 17th (DFW area) - 20/10/03 02:35 PM

So Gary and I took our trucks out to the Denton hills area even after a warning from Herk that the cops were around. I lead the way since I knew the area and we decieded to go back to the east side of the area where the little lake is. I ended up taking a weird trail and it lead us in some pretty rough and strange terrain. Then Gary got stuck... frown I pulled him out just fine even though I had no attachment points on the rear of my truck (bumper was off since I was building a new reciever). I got Gary unstuck and we kept going... The trail dumped us WAY WAY WAY out almost in these people's back yard of a new residential area [Huh?] . We turned around and went back for more. I went up a hill I had never been able to get up since I high centered at the top, but my new lift fixed all of those problems. Gary came around and I went up a reasonably steep hill but nothing serious except you have to turn right at the peak or you will run off into a pretty steep ravine. I made it up fine and Gary did until his passenger rear tire let loose in the very fine dirt and his truck slid towards a VERY VERY BAD PLACE. So I just told him to stop, lock the brakes and I would pull him out. This time it was going to require a bit more force from my truck and my attachment point I was using (1/4" plate steel reciever mount, minus reciever) was so sharp it was cutting the strap. Finally I turned around and used the front attachment points I have and yanked him right out. It was frightening in the darkness because if Gary had slid more we would have a nice Frontier on it's side and a pissed off Bride since this was the night before his wedding.