Moving to dallas

Posted by: surfingteacher

Moving to dallas - 01/05/03 12:07 PM

haven't posted here in awhile, been real busy, but just wanted to let you guys know, that Kim and I are moving to Dallas for sure in June, probably the first weekend. Not sure exactly where, but we will probably be in the Richardson area. Any events going on around Dallas in June?
Posted by: hattrik21

Re: Moving to dallas - 01/05/03 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by surfingteacher:
haven't posted here in awhile, been real busy, but just wanted to let you guys know, that Kim and I are moving to Dallas for sure in June, probably the first weekend. Not sure exactly where, but we will probably be in the Richardson area. Any events going on around Dallas in June?
We don't have any yet but that could all change by then.
Posted by: xterraintx

Re: Moving to dallas - 02/05/03 06:50 AM

Plant tour is in June... It's a well worth it Xterra experience.
Posted by: rb42

Re: Moving to dallas - 02/05/03 12:52 PM

But not near Dallas, for sure. smile

Welcome to the neighborhood... did you ever find a teaching job up here?

Re: Moving to dallas - 04/05/03 12:57 PM

I signed an open contract with Richardson ISD. Don't know what school I will be at yet, but I definitely have a job smile
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Moving to dallas - 05/05/03 07:34 AM

Congrats, Jason.

I don't know if teaching jobs in the DFW area are like here in Austin, but it's the first time people are having trouble getting hired. Good to hear you found something. Best of luck.

Now that you're a little closer, you gotta come out to Barnwell. We'll make some runs this summer. Talk to you soon.

Re: Moving to dallas - 05/05/03 01:31 PM

Everybody is really worried right now about the funding for education among other things, so yeah, it was kind of hard finding a job. All of Corpus is on a hiring freeze right now (except special ed) and they are hoping enough teachers are going to retire/leave, so they don't have to let people go.

Looking forward to making some runs this summer. Really want to go check out this Barnwell, that I keep hearing about.
Posted by: Walt

Re: Moving to dallas - 06/05/03 12:16 PM

Look forward to seeing you up here...

make sure and send me your new address and phone when you move so I can get the roster updated.

Thanks....