Houston Lift Shop

Posted by: Ghugrim

Houston Lift Shop - 13/10/04 08:48 AM

Anyone know a good place to buy / have a lift installed here in the houston area. I know a bit of em back home (Louisiana) but none out here. Thanks Zach
Posted by: Ramstein92

Re: Houston Lift Shop - 13/10/04 09:12 AM

Check out the sponsor page on www.swxc.org

s

Re: Houston Lift Shop - 13/10/04 09:49 AM

I didnt even think of that thanks lol. Whoot and I get discounts it looks like.

Re: Houston Lift Shop - 13/10/04 09:59 AM

Dont look like any of them are local frown
Posted by: Kaiser

Re: Houston Lift Shop - 13/10/04 10:03 AM

If you're patient, maybe you can get the group to do it at the next mod day (most likely in Dallas - so you'd have to drive up).... free of charge (well - bring some beer)... but no warranty on the work - right Scott?

Re: Houston Lift Shop - 13/10/04 10:09 AM

Yeah hell ill bring my keg up for that smile Guess ill just buy a Calmini. Do they give us discounts at Calmini? Or should i try to get the discount though xterraparts etc.

Re: Houston Lift Shop - 13/10/04 10:41 AM

Calmini doesn't do discounts - though there are a few tricks you can play...

1) Talk to Ramstein92

2) I ordered my Calmini bumper from Xterraparts and just had it shipped to them (they are about 5 minutes from my office - Richardson, TX... northern suburb of Dallas). I picked it up from their place and saved the $100+ shipping.

Re: Houston Lift Shop - 13/10/04 12:16 PM

You get a discount from wheelwheelwheelwheelparts in Houston. They also do installs...

s

Re: Houston Lift Shop - 13/10/04 12:55 PM

Cool thanks Ram. He said it would be around $1400.00 out the door with the discount for a Rancho 2 1/2 inch lift. I know not many likes rancho but thats all they have from what he tells me for the xterra that is. And from searching the site it seams not many likes rancho everyone is pro calmini smile

Re: Houston Lift Shop - 13/10/04 01:39 PM

You get a more complete kit from Calmini than you do Rancho, and it is cheaper.

s

Re: Houston Lift Shop - 13/10/04 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramstein92:
You get a more complete kit from Calmini than you do Rancho, and it is cheaper.

s
And 1/2" higher laugh
Posted by: Big Daddy Chia

Re: Houston Lift Shop - 13/10/04 04:08 PM

Buy the calmini kit and take it to The Shop off road in League City.
Posted by: ROKN_X

Re: Houston Lift Shop - 13/10/04 06:23 PM

The only other shop I know of here is Offroad Unlimited on Westheimer between Beltway 8 and SH 6, it's closer to SH 6 than Beltway 8. I've been there and talked to them before and they really seem knowledgeable, more so than 4wheelparts, in my opinion. I know that they can get the CALMINI lift, but it may be cheaper to get it on the WWW and have them install it. Let me know what you decide to do and how it goes!

Re: Houston Lift Shop - 14/10/04 06:34 AM

Thanks for the info. I think im just going to Order a Calmini and maybe wait for a mod day. That or try that Offroad Unlimited place.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Houston Lift Shop - 14/10/04 07:18 PM

I'm sure there is someone down in that area that could help you install it....shouldn't be hard, I did a BL all by myself laugh but I understand wanting someone else to put it on for you