Vote for new Texas license plate design

Posted by: Walt

Vote for new Texas license plate design - 04/02/08 04:49 PM

TxDOT has 5 designs (4 of them new) being proposed for the next license plate. They are taking an 'e-poll' for one week to help choose the new design. Make your vote count! (limit 2 per household) cool

TxDOT Web Page for vote
Posted by: shiner

Re: Vote for new Texas license plate design - 07/02/08 11:28 AM

voted for lone star texas. thanks for the link.
Posted by: Big Daddy Chia

Re: Vote for new Texas license plate design - 07/02/08 01:22 PM

Thats what I voted for also.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Vote for new Texas license plate design - 07/02/08 02:07 PM

Kinda thought they all sucked balls, but went ahead and voted for the "traditional" - lesser of all evils. laugh

Re: Vote for new Texas license plate design - 07/02/08 04:54 PM

I went with the Lonestar. natural wasn't too bad. Why can't the states ever make cool LPs?

The way technology is, they should just have a bar code for the highway patrol/cameras to just scan when they want to give you a ticket for no reason.
Posted by: BlueSky

Re: Vote for new Texas license plate design - 07/02/08 06:11 PM

Barcodes? We don't need no stinkin' barcodes.

Link

The agency where I work has a couple of these systems now. Wish I could find a pic of a cruiser equipped with this thing. It has cameras all over it. It scans plates forward, sideways (you can drive along a row of parked cars for example) and even traveling the opposite direction. It runs every plate and if it's expired or the vehicle (or tag for that matter) is reported stolen, the officer gets an alert.

Cue up the red light camera whiners...they'll have a field day with this too I'm sure.

Re: Vote for new Texas license plate design - 08/02/08 01:21 PM

I was being sarcastic about the barcodes since all of the states have been going crazy setting up cameras and stuff to "catch people breaking the law." [Laughing]

But thanks for the update on all of the shit they are actually going through nowadays.
Posted by: Rickster43

Re: Vote for new Texas license plate design - 10/02/08 04:37 PM

Went with the Natural State...I thought it Looked Kinda Cool !!!
Posted by: Walt

Re: Vote for new Texas license plate design - 13/02/08 04:36 PM

For the record, 'Lone Star Texas' won with over 450k votes..... now we'll see what they actually go with!

WS

Re: Vote for new Texas license plate design - 15/02/08 01:16 AM

some pretty good looking plates, can't wait to get my hands on one.