sa folks: den 9/18

Posted by: shiner

sa folks: den 9/18 - 14/09/04 08:03 PM

99% sure can make it in the afternoon (after 1pm). anybody else can make it? austin folks invited.
Posted by: Rickster43

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 14/09/04 11:07 PM

Count me in Clint...I'll call Patrick, to see if he can make it...also, Timmah, if he's available...I know there's a guy from SA named Weasel on XOC...hopefully he will read this topic...

Rick
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 15/09/04 12:23 AM

Sorry, no can do. Heading down to the coast to do some fishing that day. Got a bay charter scheduled.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 15/09/04 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Timmah:
Sorry, no can do. Heading down to the coast to do some fishing that day. Got a bay charter scheduled.
That sounds alot better..Hey, Clint, let's tag along with Timmah...
Posted by: Trihead

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 15/09/04 06:07 AM

Let me know if Ivan is kicking up any decent surf!

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 15/09/04 09:04 PM

if i didn't have to work...or have a wife... that does sound better. pat posted on the tnt site (www.texasnissantrucks.com) that he may be able to make it. i'll give both of you a call saturday morning.

if like fishing, my dad has a stock tank on his farm that has perch, bass, and catfish. mostly fish for fun. rarely keep. his tank boat only holds three (and two ice chests of beer). also, private property, so no permit needed.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 15/09/04 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shiner:
if i didn't have to work...or have a wife... that does sound better. pat posted on the tnt site (www.texasnissantrucks.com) that he may be able to make it. i'll give both of you a call saturday morning.

if like fishing, my dad has a stock tank on his farm that has perch, bass, and catfish. mostly fish for fun. rarely keep. his tank boat only holds three (and two ice chests of beer). also, private property, so no permit needed.
Yeah, I am still going Saturday...Hey Clint, I might take you up on going to your Dad's Place for some Fishing and Fun!!!...Just let me know when you want to go out there...

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 16/09/04 09:02 AM

Awwwww crap! I thought you were going on Sunday. I'll have to see what's going on on Saturday and get back to ya. shocked

I'd planned on working my sliders over. Gotta clean them, then paint them.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 16/09/04 06:37 PM

where you fishing at timmaH?

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 16/09/04 06:56 PM

Heading out of Rockport.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 16/09/04 08:53 PM

pat, if can't make no prob. we'll wheel sometime. with work seems sat afternoons will be best for me. sundays may vary. with the recent rain, just want to get dirty.

sa/austin folks. if want to hang out, saturday the den, sunday fish at my dad's, drink beer and bs, let's plan something for october/november. can arrange room or tenting. any sunday is good for me, so just post or email.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 17/09/04 05:56 AM

Clint...I guess we can meet at Whataburger, at whatever time is convienent for you Saturday...let me know..

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 17/09/04 03:24 PM

between 2-3pm good for you?

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 17/09/04 03:52 PM

Yeah...I'll meet out there at 2:30...I'll call you on your cell, before I'll go...

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 17/09/04 06:22 PM

So who all is going?

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 17/09/04 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cuong Nguyen:
So who all is going?
Cuong...so far it's only me and Shiner...everybody else has other plans..maybe, Dirtguy...but there is alot of other people who go out there besides XOC maniacs...you are cordialy invited...but where in the hell is Seadrift, Texas?

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 17/09/04 10:07 PM

Seadrift is like a good 2 hours or so away heading towards victoria and a lil farther south:) What's your number? I'll give you a call if I go.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 18/09/04 08:11 PM

Had a great time over at the Den with Shiner & Cuong....nice time guys...Pics later on...

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 20/09/04 07:21 AM

common, i know there weren't that money pictures but....

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 20/09/04 09:54 AM

hey guys, did yall notice that I bent up my step rail on the passenger side trying to go up that rock ledge that Stormy likes to play on? I noticed it when I was pumping gas on the way home :rolleyes: I managed to straightened it now the best I could, but it's still angled up [Uh Oh !]

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 20/09/04 06:37 PM

had a blast guys. post some pics rick (what few there are...). didn't notice the damage cuong, but the amount of air your front end got....wish i owned a video camera.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 20/09/04 09:18 PM

Here's Shiner on a Dirt hill
Den Pic1

Here's Timmah on one of the Trails
Pic2

Cuong doing some Rock Climbling
Pic3

Rickster going downhill
Pic4

Shiner going up
Pic5

Group Shot
Pic7

Another Group shot
Pic8

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 20/09/04 09:37 PM

rick, nice picks, will be getting off thursday between 5-6. wanna go to the den? let me know asap so i don't show up with the wife's honda civic..... [Freak] [Crybaby] surprised pat hasn't posted yet.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 20/09/04 09:43 PM

Quote:
rick, nice picks, will be getting off thursday between 5-6. wanna go to the den? let me know asap so i don't show up with the wife's honda civic..... [Freak] [Crybaby] surprised pat hasn't posted yet.
Yeah that sounds good...I get off at 5 from work, I guess we can meet at Whataburger at 5:30 or so, but I'll call you on your cell on wednesday just to verify...

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 20/09/04 09:46 PM

let's go.

edit: den in dark with only headlights. you're the trailboss(your new name [Finger] ) just don't lose me this time.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 20/09/04 10:41 PM

I only saw two from that day rick. Don't hold out now [Smoking]

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 21/09/04 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cuong Nguyen:
I only saw two from that day rick. Don't hold out now [Smoking]
That's all I took...I was too busy being a trail-boss....I think Clint took a whole lot of Pics...

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 21/09/04 07:00 AM

I know we took a lot wink

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 22/09/04 02:35 PM

Sorry haven't posted in a while guys. Things here have been buuuuusy. School that is. Didn't get home from an open house last night until almost 9!

Wished I coulda made it.

Sliders still aren't done. Maybe this week or weekend. I gotta go wheeling soon.

Anyone going to the rally this Saturday in Austin? We're planning on it. Then maybe wheeling on Sunday.

I wish I could see the pix but the're blocked here at school. mad

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 23/09/04 07:52 AM

Hey guys, are ya'll fishermen? Try looking at Alamo Area Anglers message board. I got my x last week. Traded in the car for a 4x4 so I could go to the coast to REALLY have some fun. Was there last week and the debris from the storm was rough. Read current posts about the surf and " The coast is a mess".
Gotta go, going to Calaveras today!

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 23/09/04 09:07 AM

Welcome to the group!

Guess we need to get you out to the Den and get some mud on your vehicle.

One word of caution - if you have step rails, remove them before offroading! You'll bend the crap out of them.

What year and color is the X?

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 23/09/04 09:15 AM

Thanks for the welcome. I like the idea of some mud, but not sure I want to remove the rails for rocks. They just look so cool and are helpful getting in the back, ( 4 year old boy ). I was starting to wonder what the "Den" was. Please explain. Here's a shot on our first day, me and my X.

[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4d737b3127cceb6e9ca63c1510000002610[/img]
Posted by: Trihead

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 23/09/04 09:50 AM

You're a ghost!

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 23/09/04 11:00 AM

that was just sad.........funny none the less.......hey is anyone going to the den this weekend?

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 23/09/04 12:20 PM

Welcome to the club Fishermom...yes, I love to Fish...can't wait to hit Big Shell @ Mustang Island...Yes, we all got to get together for a trip to The Den....check the Pics out on the Den on this Forum...count me in for The Den this weekend...Oh, BTW, Fishermom...great color...

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 23/09/04 01:01 PM

Fishermom, your not removing the steps for rocks. Your removing them so some of the bumps, humps, and ridges we frequently go over won't bend the rails. They're made of thin AL and won't tolerate much more than a slight bump. They're also very easy to remove.

As for going this weekend, the Repeal SB 155 rally is in Austin on Saturday so we were going to do that then maybe the Den on Sunday.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 23/09/04 01:25 PM

word........if anyone else is going to sb155.....I'd be willing to show up with you.....maybe meet up some where and head over.....I'm new to this board but have been posting on TNT and the other SWXC board so....anyway I'm in austin and it would be cool to go to a couple of things this weekend.....if ya know what I mean

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 23/09/04 02:41 PM

Cruzin', ya got a PM about Saturday.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 23/09/04 06:26 PM

replied.......so how about this den on sunday?.....anyone game?

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 23/09/04 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cruzinfrontier:
replied.......so how about this den on sunday?.....anyone game?
I am..I am..

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 23/09/04 08:03 PM

sweetness....anyone else?......I posted this on TNT.....I'll hit up the other SWXC as well

rickster you have a PM as well

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 24/09/04 03:39 AM

I work this Sunday. frown I guess the good news it's my last Sunday for 3 months not including overtime.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 24/09/04 10:39 AM

I posted on TNT.

Sunday is questionable. Ivan is s'posed to be dumping lots of rain in our area then. The Den is a flood plain!

Let's play it by ear.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 24/09/04 06:52 PM

Sooooo, where is the DEN? Sometimes you just got to get a little dirty. I'd like to start enjoying the x for more than a little commute to work. Where ia a easy place on the NE side of SA to go and get mud?

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 24/09/04 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishermom:
Sooooo, where is the DEN? Sometimes you just got to get a little dirty. I'd like to start enjoying the x for more than a little commute to work. Where ia a easy place on the NE side of SA to go and get mud?
The Den is a Large Flood Plain Area located Northwest of SA, right next to Ingram Park Mall...It has a little bit of eveything, from beginner's to advanced trails...we might head out there Sunday...it depends on the weather...if it rains, we won't go...once it rains The Den floods pretty damn quick...my e-mail addresse is in my profile...e-mail me, so I could give you a # so I can keep you posted...
Rick

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 25/09/04 12:05 AM

I've actually never been to the den....just found out where it was tonight....hopefully we can wheel it this weekend, and I can meet some new people eek smile

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 25/09/04 05:48 AM

Keep fingers crossed!

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 25/09/04 06:55 AM

I have to work this Sunday but maybe next Sunday I could join ya'll at the den. Rick, I sent you an email for directions. Sounds like we have a new idea of what a "Sunday Drive" should be.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 25/09/04 08:32 AM

do you guys wanna make plans just in case we are good to go?

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 25/09/04 09:07 AM

What about Sunday October 3rd, after 1pm? or when ever you can get there.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 25/09/04 11:26 AM

I may be able to make that one.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 25/09/04 01:38 PM

so do we just wanna wait until next weekend to do this?....I would be willing to do both probably

say....I wonder how long a frontier will have a 5 truck rating in and Xterra site [Laughing]

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 25/09/04 08:24 PM

I dunno, I gave you a 5 anyway

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 25/09/04 09:29 PM

ok lets just put this off and go next weekend when we can have lots of people going instead of two or three..... :rolleyes:

oh thanks for the rating timmah [ThumbsUp]

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 26/09/04 07:57 PM

won't be able to make the 10/3 since wife and i are leaving wednesday for big bend and coming back that sunday. keep me posted on another weekend in the future.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 27/09/04 06:57 AM

Yep, just noticed on the TX4WD site that there is indeed a big run planned on the 3rd. Cookout at Wicked as well.

I'd like to see lots of Nissan's there. Danged Jeep Exclusive club can kiss my hiney!

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 27/09/04 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dirt Guy:
Yep, just noticed on the TX4WD site that there is indeed a big run planned on the 3rd. Cookout at Wicked as well.

I'd like to see lots of Nissan's there. Danged Jeep Exclusive club can kiss my hiney!
I'm in like Flint...

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 27/09/04 10:40 AM

um..ok, the more the better...now we just need to show them that nissans are kick ass off road [ThumbsUp] laugh

by the way, what is goofiefoot doing that weekend?....I have been told over on TNT that I should meet him.....no good reason why but just told that I should
Posted by: xterraintx

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 27/09/04 01:21 PM

So when is everybody going??? I need a weekend in SA and have never been to the "Den"

I am up for us getting a good group together wherever everybody decides!!!!

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 27/09/04 01:27 PM

I think meet around 10 or 11 at the Whataburger at Ingram Mall. We'll head over to Wicked after that and then dump into the Den.

Oooooorrrrr, we could drop in off of Ingram and go all the way through the Den and pop out at Wicked.

Keep an eye on the weather. We'll still go if it's lightly raining but if it looks like it's gonna flood we'll rethink it. Den is on a floodplain. But if it's lightly raining it's a blast.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 27/09/04 01:55 PM

haha....yeah katemcy is fun when its lightly raining too...but when its pooring, a river develops out of no where eek .....weirdest thing I have ever seen in my life

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 30/09/04 08:56 PM

Hey guys, are we still on for Sunday at the DEN? Just wondering. I wasn't planning on coming over there til about 1pm. I read that ya'll were going to try heading out earlier than that. I'd like a chance to learn just what my x can do. smile

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 30/09/04 09:11 PM

it be nice for you to hang around...I'm sure you could ride with one of us.....btw some of us will have CB's some will have FRS and some will have both....just watch roger's X he'll show you what it can do....just don't watch it too closely or else you'll end up spending lots of $$$

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 30/09/04 09:52 PM

Quote:
Hey guys, are we still on for Sunday at the DEN? Just wondering. I wasn't planning on coming over there til about 1pm. I read that ya'll were going to try heading out earlier than that. I'd like a chance to learn just what my x can do. smile
As far as I know, we are still going out there, I don't really know the exact time we are meeting, I hope not too early myself...I think 12 noon will be a good time for me...I'll keep you posted...

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 30/09/04 10:26 PM

I think we were planning more like 10 or 11.....but I'm not the head of the pack here so don't take my word for it [Uh Oh !]

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 01/10/04 04:14 AM

Well, for all to have a good time, maybe some could get an earlier start and head back for lunch. ORRRrrrr...Maybe everyong but the late arrivals start early and a couple of us meet at WBGR @1. I just don't know exactly where the den is, I just a have an idea.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 01/10/04 05:58 AM

Quote:
Well, for all to have a good time, maybe some could get an earlier start and head back for lunch. ORRRrrrr...Maybe everyong but the late arrivals start early and a couple of us meet at WBGR @1. I just don't know exactly where the den is, I just a have an idea.
If you want fishermom...you got my cell#..when you are heading to Whataburger, just give me a call and I will meet you there and you can follow me to The Den...

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 01/10/04 06:29 AM

the San Antonio Chapter of TX4WD is meeting at 10. 'S kinda fun to follow and watch them do Tim's Rock, The Waterfall, and the Rock Garden.

Y'all want to meet then and any one coming late can just give us a shout on the mobile?

Also it's VERY helpful to have either an FRS or a CB. Prevents lost kiddo's!

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 01/10/04 06:29 AM

Don't know if Handbrake will be with me but I'll be there. She may be heading straight to Wicked.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 01/10/04 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dirt Guy:
..the San Antonio Chapter of TX4WD is meeting at 10...
Hey, Patrick...so are you guys meeting at Whataburger at 10?....I probably won't make it untill 12 noon...

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 01/10/04 09:54 AM

well....I'll plan on 10....I'll give ya'll a shout tonight [ThumbsUp]

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 01/10/04 10:31 AM

Yeah, Whataburger at 10. Then we'll probably head through the Den then eventually onto Wicked. Rick, just give us a shout on the mobile when ya get there.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 01/10/04 10:58 AM

does anyone have directions to the whataburger?

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 01/10/04 04:35 PM

You'll go down 35 till you hit Loop 410. Go west allllll the way around till you see Ingram Road. Exit and proceed to the light. Turn right and go about one block and it'll be on the right hand side. You'll see it when you're driving down the feeder. Ingram Mall is right there and it has a huuuuge parking lot.

Just look for the roof. 'F ya get lost, give a ring.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 01/10/04 04:45 PM

cool [ThumbsUp] thanks

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 01/10/04 08:46 PM

sorry I didn't call tonight pat(dirt guy).....I don't think its a big deal....I'll just meet you at the whatabuger around 10.....I'll have my cb, cell and FRS.

EDIT:what channel cb are we gonna be on? 5 or 35?

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 02/10/04 06:47 AM

Hey guys, its raining, bring on the MUD!

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 02/10/04 07:14 AM

Quote:
Hey guys, its raining, bring on the MUD!
Yeah...it's raining pretty good over here near where I'm at...The Kelly USA vicinity...I am pretty sure The Den is Pretty flooded right now...

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 02/10/04 08:08 AM

At what point is there "too much mud"? I know that sounds crazy but the den is a flood plain. Will someone post up if its just too much in the morning?

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 02/10/04 08:24 AM

Quote:
At what point is there "too much mud"? I know that sounds crazy but the den is a flood plain. Will someone post up if its just too much in the morning?
I went out there one time with Dirtguy and Shiner and it was pretty cloudy, and then it rained on us, it wasn't a hard rain, but a constant rainfall, and I was amazed how fast it got muddy...that being said...I could imagine how it is out there right now with the rain we are getting at this time....fishermom, I sent you an email, saying we could play it by ear...while, it's nice and muddy out there, in the same time it could be very dangerous...if you still have the crappy stock tires on your X...I wouldn't go out there when it's been raining like this...just my 2 cents...

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 02/10/04 09:04 AM

well from what I'm told....if its raining you better get out fast....or not go in, and you better have some MT's if you gonna be in there when its raining....that's just what I'm told :rolleyes:

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 02/10/04 10:34 AM

Okay y'all. Don't panic. Yeah, we received quite a bit of rain but I think things'll be okay. Fishermom, we'll take ya in but we may have to let you ride with someone that has aftermarket tires. We'll see.

Rick, I remember you sliding around alot! :p But then again, I've been there before.

I'm going. Just one major hangup.

Somebody knifed one of my tires last night. Therefore I'm running a 31" Thornbird up front. No biggy. Replacement 33 BFG will be in Wednesday. Thus no crazy stuff for me tomorrow.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 03/10/04 06:14 PM

well I didn't want to start a new thread but maybe someone will want to see pics

PICS!!!

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 03/10/04 09:11 PM

Nice Pics, Cruzin...next time we go out, hopefully it will be a little in the drier side...I think you can do alot more...and so more people can show up also...Hey fishermom, hopefully next weekend would be good weather to go out there...I didn't want you to damage your new X out there...

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 03/10/04 09:24 PM

yeah it was probably better that you didn't come out with a stock X......it was rather iffy in some spots even with beefy(er) tires.....but you could have rode with one of us just to know what it was like off the sand [LOL]

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 04/10/04 08:39 PM

got back from big bend yesterday, post if anything goes on this weekend.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 05/10/04 05:58 AM

Quote:
got back from big bend yesterday, post if anything goes on this weekend.
hey Clint, Welcome back....Yeah, let's get together this weekend...hopefully, it will be some good sunny weather, for some fun in the sun...I'll see if Patrick, fishermom and the other crazy X maniacs want to go...

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 05/10/04 01:01 PM

'Sposed to get rain almost all this week but weekend looks sunny. Don't know if the playground, rockgarden, and tim's rock would be good but the rock upstream from Wicked ought to be okay. I'll see what Handbrake has planned.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 05/10/04 07:46 PM

guys, sat or sun so i can make arrangements. sat afternoon guaranteed, but if sun may be able to make it.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 05/10/04 07:51 PM

Quote:
guys, sat or sun so i can make arrangements. sat afternoon guaranteed, but if sun may be able to make it.
Hey Clint...I could make it Saturday if you want...I know it's pretty hard to meet up on a Saturday for some...But I am open for either Saturday or Sunday...

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 05/10/04 07:54 PM

Hey guys. We were looking forward to the day in the dirt but knew it just wasn't the smart choice with all the bad weather. With work and family fishing plans, I probably can't make it out til maybe the 31st. I'll keep reading to see what ya'll are up to.
Nice shots from Big Bend. Glad you had a nice trip.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 05/10/04 08:06 PM

you guys are lucky you have some place close to you....I know I wont make this weekend....but have fun out there anyway [ThumbsUp]

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 05/10/04 08:46 PM

rick, if on sat, will be off between 3-4 pm almost like last time. if earlier, will give a call. if sun, need time to meet to let becky know. pat, we need to wheel again.

Re: sa folks: den 9/18 - 05/10/04 09:37 PM

Quote:
rick, if on sat, will be off between 3-4 pm almost like last time. if earlier, will give a call. if sun, need time to meet to let becky know. pat, we need to wheel again.
That sounds good Clint...let me know, alright..