improving my ride as well as mpg...I hope

Posted by: Anonymous

improving my ride as well as mpg...I hope - 26/02/07 07:59 PM

I just bought a used 2000 xe 4cyclinder. I've had it for about a month or so. I found out so far that the gas mileage could use a little improvement. Maybe a lot . My boyfriend wants to change the stock filter to K&N. But from reading the thread, I would prefer one that can be cleaned with just air. Plus I live in san diego beach area, so there is a lot of dirt particles in the air. I"m switching the oil to all synthetic. What type of oil should I use? It does get pretty warm around here most of the year. The shifting seems a little rough too. What would you guys suggest? Anything else I should do? There is a little over 115K on it so far.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: improving my ride as well as mpg...I hope - 27/02/07 09:08 AM

AMSoil is a good synthetic to use. I use it in my 01'. To say that I've noticed a substantial difference would be a stretch. But I like to think that it's working.

The K&N intake system and filtration system works pretty well. I've been using it on my rig for the last year and a half. I've not noticed a significant increase in mpg. There are other filters out there that prevent more junk from getting into your engine. If you look and search through the forum you'll find the info you're looking for. These guys have discussed a number of times already.

my 2 cents for the day.