installation help

Posted by: ClaptoVaughn

installation help - 11/09/03 04:51 PM

i ordered the calmini 3" lift, as well as bilstein shocks today. i should have them in by next week.
i have a few tools, but i have absolutely no experience installing suspension.
if anyone in the los angeles county area has experience installing lifts and can offer some assistance, it would be great.
i will pull my weight, buy the beer, breakfast/lunch/dinner, and drive to your location. i just want to make sure someone with experience is there to give a helping hand if needed.
thank you.
Posted by: krisjon

Re: installation help - 11/09/03 11:05 PM

Your best bet is talking to Axle (Allen). He lives at Ft. Irwin near Barstow, but has always offered help with stuff like this to club members. Not only does he have all the tools, but he's done the Calmini lift on his own truck (and maybe a few others). Since you haven't been out with the club yet and gotten to know him, it might be a little awkward, but it's worth a shot asking. He's really good people. I'm sure he'll chime in and talk to you about it.

Hey Axle, where are ya?
Posted by: BooBear

Re: installation help - 12/09/03 03:51 AM

Hey I will make sure he gets the message. I am sure he wouldn't mind doing it but not sure when he can. Schedule is real weird right now. Don't know day to day whats going on.

RENEE

Re: installation help - 12/09/03 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BooBear9496:
Hey I will make sure he gets the message. I am sure he wouldn't mind doing it but not sure when he can. Schedule is real weird right now. Don't know day to day whats going on.

RENEE
Thanks Renee. After I posted this, I saw that Allen and Clapto were already having conversation about it on the SCCX board. That was fast!
Posted by: ClaptoVaughn

Re: installation help - 12/09/03 12:47 PM

thanks guys!
so Allen = Axle?
i'm considering that option now, barstow's a bit of a drive but i've never minded driving. coming back home with that lift installed will dry my tears when i look at my gas bill smile .
unfortunately, for some reason i can't reply on the sccx board from my computer at work. i'll try shooting him an email or reply when i get home.

Re: installation help - 12/09/03 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ClaptoVaughn:
thanks guys!
so Allen = Axle?
Yep. And his wife is Renee (BooBear). Good luck getting the lift installed. Allen's your guy.
Posted by: Axle

Re: installation help - 13/09/03 12:05 AM

Hey thanks for the referal. I've already responded to an email so we should be good to go now.

Axle