this prolly will bring in more people

Posted by: Anonymous

this prolly will bring in more people - 04/05/05 01:56 AM

whats up mods, admin, and whoever else! i am new to this site, but not new to the automotive forums scene. i suggest adding a newbies section. kind of a meet and greet type thing, flame proof, ya know? just a thought! i know i didnt know quite where to start when i came here for the first time. [Wave] [Wave] [Wave]
Posted by: Lincoln

Re: this prolly will bring in more people - 04/05/05 03:30 AM

I think it is a good idea, I have one on MXO and called it "Newbie Zoo".
Posted by: GrayHam

Re: this prolly will bring in more people - 04/05/05 07:14 AM

I'd suggest the name Purgatory.

Re: this prolly will bring in more people - 04/05/05 07:52 AM

or "Xterra for Dummies"
Posted by: superjens

Re: this prolly will bring in more people - 04/05/05 08:08 AM

It wouldn't matter if there was a section for newbies, they'd all skip right over it and start asking tire questions in the drivetrain section, post pictures in Club House (with broken links of course), and then top it off by asking where the headlight fuse is in at least 4 other sections.

Re: this prolly will bring in more people - 04/05/05 08:24 AM

And for examples of what not to do, search for this:

kmoving

[LOL]
Posted by: Lincoln

Re: this prolly will bring in more people - 05/05/05 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by superjens:
It wouldn't matter if there was a section for newbies, they'd all skip right over it and start asking tire questions in the drivetrain section, post pictures in Club House (with broken links of course), and then top it off by asking where the headlight fuse is in at least 4 other sections.
Not if you didn't let them post in other areas until their post count had reached a certain amount. I am not sure if this software can do that or not though.

Re: this prolly will bring in more people - 05/05/05 06:36 AM

So make this new forum and allow Brent to only post there to answer all their questions
Posted by: Carlton McMillan

Re: this prolly will bring in more people - 05/05/05 08:05 AM

Whats the point of having a newbies only section when they do not use the section that are here now correctly?

That is what mods are for.

:-)

Re: this prolly will bring in more people - 05/05/05 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric P.:
So make this new forum and allow Brent to only post there to answer all their questions
[Freak] We would never get any new members then, they would run away! [Laughing]
Posted by: jerseydevi1

Re: this prolly will bring in more people - 05/05/05 09:32 AM

WTF is prolly?
Posted by: Tonka Ross

Re: this prolly will bring in more people - 05/05/05 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevi1:
WTF is prolly?

Re: this prolly will bring in more people - 05/05/05 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevi1:
WTF is prolly?
Prolly =probably.

Well, if we were to just intoduce a new section the newbies would not post there anyway. Carlton is right - they can't use current ones right and with addition of one new one there will be one more wrong section to post in. I do agree on the idea of allowing newbies to post in only certain forums until their post count goes up. However there may be a side-effect to that, like newbies giving newbies bad advice and god knows what since not a lot of "old farts" would hang out there I think. Maybe only Brent if her were here....