@XOC.com

Posted by: Anonymous

@XOC.com - 19/10/04 09:54 AM

perhaps a forwarding service IE: Xcitan@XOC.com would actually send the email to marineifra@yahoo.com or something like that...so members can just notate another members name and send them an email?
Posted by: XOC

Re: @XOC.com - 19/10/04 10:01 AM

I don't own xoc.com smile

Re: @XOC.com - 19/10/04 10:16 AM

xoc as in xterraownersclub.com
i was too lazy to type it out wink

Re: @XOC.com - 19/10/04 10:45 AM

Oh, ok.
I have thought of bringing back the supporting membership thing, and an email address would be a possible incentive, but with the number of useful, easy email accounts out there (gmail), it's somewhat pointless.

Basing it on a users name would be a cool feature, but the user can change their displayed name at will, so it would have to look up their login name.

If you simply send someone a PM, it will (by default) send them an email as well, which is similar to what you suggested.

Re: @XOC.com - 22/10/04 07:35 AM

yeah, but i want my email address to be Xcitan@XterraOwnersClub.com wink

Re: @XOC.com - 22/10/04 12:52 PM

DBAX@XTERRAOWNERSCLUB.COM

[Smoking] [ThumbsUp]
Posted by: DocNo

Re: @XOC.com - 22/10/04 01:58 PM

Yup, a mail forwarding service would be cool.

I'm sure you could script it so that if someone changes their username it would change their forward email address - we have faith in you smile

Should be easy to set up with Exim or Qmail...

Re: @XOC.com - 22/10/04 02:31 PM

I'll look into it, and more features in the new year.
There's a new Xterra coming out, and it's probably time to roll out a new XOC to go along with it.
Posted by: Xterrian

Re: @XOC.com - 22/10/04 02:39 PM

You could change the name to Original Xterra Owners Club and register OXOC without a problem.
Posted by: Ramness

Re: @XOC.com - 22/10/04 08:50 PM

hehe I allready have a @sxfc.org address easier to type out of course it forwards to my @att.net address which is even shorter