transmission cooler

Posted by: jimbo

transmission cooler - 17/10/02 10:32 AM

well guys - I got my transmission cooler installed last weekend. It was very very easy. I installed the 24,000 GVW cooler from B&M.

I didn't like the idea of mounting with the ties through the radiator so I ended up mounting it on the part of the frame that goes directly beneth the radiator. I just drilled through and secured the bottom part of the cooler to it. Then used a supplied bracket to secure the top right part of the cooler to the center radiator support. Took almost no time at all.

It only took about 1/2 a quart of transmission fluid with the new addition. I only lost 1 oz by disconnecting the old cooler lines.
Posted by: Sean

Re: transmission cooler - 17/10/02 10:48 AM

Any Pic's? How much did you pay for it? Any part of the install you would have done differently or improved upon?
Posted by: jimbo

Re: transmission cooler - 17/10/02 11:58 AM

no pics yet.

I think the part was around $50 from Jegs. And it's the stacked plate design - not a tube and fin - and it's very sturdy in quality. I would definitely go B&M again.

nope, I wouldn't change a thing. I routed the hoses next the the passenger side frame - toward the inside. This hose route made for a clean install and it required no cutting of any rubber splash guards or anything