'06 rear dif allen sizes...

Posted by: Anonymous

'06 rear dif allen sizes... - 15/08/06 03:28 PM

I'm up here in NY, going down to Fl. to visit my Xterra (don't ask), need to know the sizes of the rear differential drain/fill plugs.

The fill is larger than the drain, and I should have taken care of this last visit, but didn't mad

Correct size info greatly appreciated, thanks!

Mike M.

Re: '06 rear dif allen sizes... - 03/12/06 09:28 AM

Just did a search for something along these line and noticed this post was unanswered. I changed my oil last night and while I was under there I checked out what sizes the differential oil plugs were. The front differential takes a 10mm allen hex for both drain and fill plugs. The rear differential takes a 14mm hex allen for the fill and a 10mm hex allen for the drain. The transer case has a 10mm allen hex on it for the drain/fill--not sure if the plug I found was for the drain or fill--will look at that one more closely before the job is done.

Hope this helps!

PS The propellar shaft is also quite a bit different than the previous gens--it doesn't look like the other pics posted but that too I will take a close look at later--perhaps even list a pic. I may be looking at the wrong location though. What I found was a plastic piece about 3/4 inch long? Looks like it might pry out with a screw driver but I though I would research this some more before I just started to pry on things...

Re: '06 rear dif allen sizes... - 04/12/06 09:47 PM

Thanks, sorry for the delay [Uh Oh !]