New Airaid Intake for Xterra's!

Posted by: Sean

New Airaid Intake for Xterra's! - 20/02/02 10:18 AM

I just got off the phone with an technical advisor from Poweraid, and he said next week they start shipping the new Airaid intake for the Xterra. The kit uses the stock factory bottom half of the airbox (along with the intake tubes), but replaces the top half and comes an adaptor/cone air filter. This is a "sealed" unit, so heat soak or water splashing up into the engine compartment should not be a problem. Their list price was $219, but he said dealers like www.truckperformance.com would have them cheaper. laugh
Posted by: XOC

Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's! - 20/02/02 10:37 AM

Cool, I've been waiting for them to get a system done.

Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's! - 20/02/02 12:07 PM

On a side note, I also asked if a Poweraid spacer was in the works, and he said "It was being considered". Another mod I've been "suggesting" to assorted aftermarket part manufacturers (e.g. Flex-Cool) is a clutch to electric fan conversion kit. So far I've heard "positive" reactions from my suggestions. Now if Nissan would only come out with a translucent roof deflector (yes I bitched to them too). wink
Posted by: Chris Mc

Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's! - 20/02/02 02:14 PM

Do you know if its actually a sealed box, or if its just has walls and rubber to seal against your hood. It looks like the other ones thaey make just seal against your hood, which I wouldn't be too comfortable with. I've just about given up on SLR's cold air box. Every time I call them its "it'll be out in a couple weeks". I want a high flow intake, but one that I can mate with a snorkel and still be waterproof.
Posted by: SalsaX

Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's! - 20/02/02 03:56 PM

I've emailed them a couple of times myself. Just been waiting for them to release.

I looked at TruckPerformance.com and found the airaid for the Xterra list. web page

$153.00
However, it shows that it's ships in 24hrs.
How can that be right if airraid hasn't released it yet.

Jim
Posted by: stormy

Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's! - 20/02/02 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Caver-X:
I've just about given up on SLR's cold air box. Every time I call them its "it'll be out in a couple weeks". I want a high flow intake, but one that I can mate with a snorkel and still be waterproof.
I gave up on waiting for it, sold the IV intake, and bought the stillen.

Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's! - 21/02/02 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Caver-X:
Do you know if its actually a sealed box, or if its just has walls and rubber to seal against your hood.
It's a sealed unit. The new top portion (cover, adaptor, cone air filter) snaps on the lower stock portion of the airbox. There is no seal up against the hood.
Posted by: x2see

Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's! - 21/02/02 07:58 PM

I have the Poweraid spacer on my 2000 x

Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's! - 21/02/02 07:59 PM

I have the Poweraid spacer on my 2000 x
Posted by: Ag_xterra

Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's! - 22/02/02 04:25 AM

the spacer you have is for the 3.3L frontier engine part number right? air raid doesnt list a part number specifically for the xterra yet that i know of. what are the benefits of the spacer?

Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's! - 22/02/02 04:27 AM

Increased intake velocity.
Posted by: The X Factor

Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's! - 22/02/02 10:14 AM

Hey Stormy,

How much did it set you back? I have been looking at getting an intake, and would be interested to also know if you have seen any performace gains? Thanks, Kevin
Posted by: p.i.n.o.

Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's! - 23/02/02 08:02 AM

There is a guy on eBay who will occasionally sell that exact same Stillen kit. Going rate was about $189.

Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's! - 23/02/02 08:01 PM

yes the part num is the one for the frontier works great just make shur to reset you ecu
Posted by: JayzX

Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's! - 24/02/02 04:32 AM

Resetting your ECU does not help your ECU adjust quicker to changes. Your ECU is constantly evaluating the condition of the engine sensors and making adjustments. By resetting the ECU you are causing it to go back to factory defaults and relearn EVERYTHING instead of just letting it adjust for the air intake change. You will only get shitty gas mileage and poor power for 30 or 40 miles until the ECU re-learns what's going on in your engine. Leave the ECU alone unless you are changing something inside the ECU.
Posted by: stormy

Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's! - 24/02/02 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The X Factor:
Hey Stormy,

How much did it set you back? I have been looking at getting an intake, and would be interested to also know if you have seen any performace gains? Thanks, Kevin
$218 + shipping
Posted by: PismoTaco

Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's! - 24/02/02 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Increased intake velocity.
XOC-
Tell me how it increases the intake velocity. Also, do you have any dyno results that actually show it works?

I've heard lots of 'I feel faster, therefor I am arguments', but from all the dynos I've seen, they show no improvment whatsoever, in fact, I've seen slight hp losses.
-Chris

Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's! - 24/02/02 11:16 AM

not true about the ecu because I lost gas mileage until I reset it. I wated 3 days before I did it and it made a big diff

Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's! - 24/02/02 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by PismoTaco:
XOC-
Tell me how it increases the intake velocity.
Never mind, I had them confused with a velocity stack. It seems the PowerAid Spacer is nothing more than an expensive Tornado.
Posted by: Chris Mc

Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's! - 07/03/02 10:53 AM

The Airaid intake for the X is NOT a sealed box. I just called them to ask about it. It does mate onto the stock airbox, but it has "air dams" on the rear and side to keep the incoming air cold (not engine heated) and is open in the front. If you are concerned about getting mud/water into the intake, or want to use this with a snorkel, this is not the solution for you.
Posted by: 2001frontier

Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's! - 07/03/02 04:03 PM

Quote:
Never mind, I had them confused with a velocity stack. It seems the PowerAid Spacer is nothing more than an expensive Tornado.[/QB]
My thoughts exactly. Why would you have to wait for an Xterra part number. The two engines are identical. Either way don't waste your money. I have talked to several people who noticed no change whatsoever.
Posted by: PrimeX

Re: New Airaid Intake for Xterra's! - 09/03/02 01:20 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by PismoTaco:
[b]XOC-
Tell me how it increases the intake velocity.
Never mind, I had them confused with a velocity stack. It seems the PowerAid Spacer is nothing more than an expensive Tornado.[/b]
I recently read an article on the Tornado for SUVs...It sure read good, but I take it there are no advantages for installing this on our trucks? confused