Clutrch Failure BEFORE mine?

Posted by: oface

Clutrch Failure BEFORE mine? - 04/02/03 12:26 PM

Bought it brand new, added supercharger pulley, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, 3" exhaust. Clutch is now being replaced at 17,600 miles. I put the stock pulley back on but, they say still it's not covered under warranty confused
Posted by: Strom

Re: Clutrch Failure BEFORE mine? - 04/02/03 12:51 PM

Why was it replaced? Did it actually wear out? If the replacement is due to wear, then it won't be replaced under warranty.

Do you do a lot of off-roading? I have heard of a lot of people smoking clutches that way.
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: Clutrch Failure BEFORE mine? - 04/02/03 01:58 PM

Clutches are a wear item, and not covered. If it actually broke, it would be replaced, but simply worn out early is not something they can typically quantify well enough to cover.

Brent
Posted by: GrnXnham

Re: Clutrch Failure BEFORE mine? - 04/02/03 06:53 PM

Man, if you are going through clutches that fast, you might want to check out Calmini's heavy duty clutches.

http://www.purenissan.com/wd22_clucth.htm
Posted by: BuckeyeX

Re: Clutrch Failure BEFORE mine? - 14/02/03 12:48 PM

I've gotten over 55K mostly hard street miles out of mine and it's still going strong. The clutch is a definate weak point though, most heavy offroading I've done on trails found in my Wrangler years has smoked it. Now I don't even try to run those trails, that whole "know when to say when" dealio.

But dead at 17K, that's terrible. As for the dealer you're SOL.
Posted by: oface

Re: Clutrch Failure BEFORE mine? - 17/02/03 12:34 PM

$13,580 was the price for that clutch at the dealer. And it WAS wear, you could smell it about a mile away.

And if you think that your Supercharged Xterra might be having it's clutch replced soon, I would order the parts NOW. The Pressure Plate is not the same as the S/C Frontier or the N/A Xtrerra. There where only 11 in country and I had to go through customer care to have them expidite it some 5 days later.

Nissan has some serious parts issues, that they claim have to do with the shipping stike that occured last October. Gehy
Posted by: stereophile

Re: Clutrch Failure BEFORE mine? - 07/03/03 11:07 PM

im seriously hoping that the 13,000 dollar clutch was a typo... because, i shit a brick when i read that...

1300?? (even thats alot)...