Anyone Ever used Royal Purple Synthetic Oil

Posted by: Big Daddy Chia

Anyone Ever used Royal Purple Synthetic Oil - 11/04/02 04:05 PM

I switched to it on advice from my mechanic and damn I tell you it has made a noticable inprovement. I am getting better in town gas mileage gone from 13 to about 15.5 miles a gallon. Next up is to change my transmission and diff fluids to it also.
Posted by: SCoach

Re: Anyone Ever used Royal Purple Synthetic Oil - 11/04/02 04:29 PM

With each change, you will reduce friction and see slightly better mileage and slightly cooler running temperatures. I've heard of tranny temperature drops of over 30F.

Note that your results are typical in the change to synthetics in general, not just Royal Purple. A change to Amsoil, Redline, or even Mobil 1 would likely have produced similar results...

Congratulations on discovering Synthetics..

-P
Posted by: XOC

Re: Anyone Ever used Royal Purple Synthetic Oil - 11/04/02 05:15 PM

I switched to synthetics and noticed... nothing.

I use Mobil1 everywhere except the transmission, since it will damage it. I use Royal Purple in the there.
Posted by: NthLJ

Re: Anyone Ever used Royal Purple Synthetic Oil - 11/04/02 05:20 PM

I hear synthetics help the Xterra jump higher as well :p

Charlie
Posted by: SCoach

Re: Anyone Ever used Royal Purple Synthetic Oil - 11/04/02 05:26 PM

Ian,

That's interesting.. In each vehicle I've run synth in, I've noticed significant improvement. Many of the Unimog guys I am in contact with measure those improvements (they have tranny temp gauges) and they report excellent results.

Maybe your truck is "special" smile

-P
Posted by: XOC

Re: Anyone Ever used Royal Purple Synthetic Oil - 11/04/02 05:42 PM

It's just nothing I can feel.

My mileage ranges from 9 to 22MPG depending on what I'm doing.
Posted by: RedX/RedRX-7

Re: Anyone Ever used Royal Purple Synthetic Oil - 24/04/02 03:27 PM

I run Royal Purple in my 2000 SE's motor and auto tranny. It has made a very nice improvement in my acceleration and smooth idle.