Front LSD from Calmini

Posted by: The X Factor

Front LSD from Calmini - 31/03/02 08:47 PM

Is it worth it? I know it would be better than nothing, but from the experience I have with the stock rear LSD I dont much no if a front one would be worth it. What are your thoughts ? The price is $449.95 and is made by the same company as the rear LSD.
Posted by: XOC

Re: Front LSD from Calmini - 31/03/02 09:01 PM

Check the videos from goneMOAB, the front LSD worked like a spool.
Amazing.
Posted by: ned946

Re: Front LSD from Calmini - 31/03/02 10:30 PM

What was being used in the rear end Ian? Would the rear need a locker for the front LSD to make a difference?

Re: Front LSD from Calmini - 01/04/02 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ned946:
What was being used in the rear end Ian?
An LSD that worked correctly.
Posted by: wqbang

Re: Front LSD from Calmini - 01/04/02 07:56 AM

Which rigs were running the LSD's? Did they have the stock LSD in the rear and the Fugi up front? Or did they have front and rear Fugi? Was the rig also equiped with crawler gears? That would make a difference in a rigs capability compared to stock. Can you help us out and give some more quantitative information?

I am assuming that these LSD's are a variant of ones available for the 300ZX R200 rear diff.

Re: Front LSD from Calmini - 02/04/02 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wqbang:
Which rigs were running the LSD's? Did they have the stock LSD in the rear and the Fugi up front? Or did they have front and rear Fugi? Was the rig also equiped with crawler gears? That would make a difference in a rigs capability compared to stock. Can you help us out and give some more quantitative information?
The CALMINI Frontier was the only truck running the LSD up front, the rear was a stock unit.

The Frontier was running the 3.6:1 transfer case, but that wouldn't make any difference in the way the diffs worked, but it sure did crawl nicely.