"Velocity Tuner"

Posted by: Anonymous

"Velocity Tuner" - 18/10/05 05:23 AM

Just wondering if anyone has heard or tried something like this. It is the stainless steel wheel shaped like a turbine that installs into your intake pipe. Does it really make a difference in gas mileage?? I would like to improve mine. (Selling on ebay for about $20)
Thanks..

Re: "Velocity Tuner" - 18/10/05 05:44 AM

Waste of money, there probably are hundreds of names for that one item. Wont make any difference in your mileage or hp.

Re: "Velocity Tuner" - 18/10/05 10:13 AM

Personally I would go for a much more proven solution, the trusty throttle body spacer. [Freak]

Re: "Velocity Tuner" - 18/10/05 10:45 AM

does that throttle body spacer actually help at all? seems like such a minor adjustment....1" or 2" movement.... just doesnt seem like it would actually help.
confused

Re: "Velocity Tuner" - 18/10/05 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RobboXedit:
does that throttle body spacer actually help at all? seems like such a minor adjustment....1" or 2" movement.... just doesnt seem like it would actually help.
confused
Nahhh I was just being a good ol' XOC member (ie. smart ass). IMO both products are worthless.

Re: "Velocity Tuner" - 18/10/05 06:32 PM

just get one of these...........
http://www.shoplaser.com/index.html

Re: "Velocity Tuner" - 30/10/05 02:16 PM

hahah wow thats a new one....theysay it can help your performance...right ok.

Re: "Velocity Tuner" - 30/10/05 02:26 PM

no no no, the turbonator is the one you want, pretty much an apple slicer than blocks your incoming air....BUT IT RAISES FUEL ECONOMY BY UP TO 35%..AND YOU CAN INSTALL MORE THAN ONE! :rolleyes:

Re: "Velocity Tuner" - 30/10/05 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mudx4x4:
no no no, the turbonator is the one you want, pretty much an apple slicer than blocks your incoming air....BUT IT RAISES FUEL ECONOMY BY UP TO 35%..AND YOU CAN INSTALL MORE THAN ONE! :rolleyes:
hahah! I love those infomercials late night on TV when they claim to have invented another miracle product that will give you 35% better fuel economy. To anyone that knows at least the basic principles of how an engine works those infomercials are good substiture for Comedy Central.

Re: "Velocity Tuner" - 01/11/05 09:49 PM

just top up your blinker fluid and change your muffler bearings and you'll be all set

Re: "Velocity Tuner" - 29/11/05 06:39 PM

Please enjoy the 170 horsepower, an intake and exhaust might get you up around 180 but that will just about do it. Everything else "is what it is."

Re: "Velocity Tuner" - 10/12/05 10:50 PM

I had one in my 4runner, it did increase my mpg, but nothing to write home about. I will not be buying one for my xterra.

Re: "Velocity Tuner" - 11/12/05 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fire:
I had one in my 4runner
are you serious? you actually paid $ for one of these?