Dyno tests

Posted by: Anonymous

Dyno tests - 21/07/03 11:22 AM

I want to do some performance mods to my X, but I'm not willing to spend any money for a different sound with no real HP gains. Does anyone know if any of the aftermarket bolt ons (intake, exhaust, etc.) actually have any dyno tests to back up the claims? Can anyone point me in the direction of any of these?

Thanks!
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: Dyno tests - 21/07/03 12:54 PM

Hi, and welcome. I got 24 hits just now when I searched for "dyno" in this section, I have a feeling some will be useful.

Brent
Posted by: EMT_Diver

Re: Dyno tests - 21/07/03 01:25 PM

take a look at one of the sponsors of this site ....

www.reaganperformance.com

they have a few real world dyno #'s on mods they have done.

hope this helps....
Posted by: Ag Bullet

Re: Dyno tests - 22/07/03 05:31 AM

First of all I know my results are not the most accurate in the world so take them for what they are worth. I never did a baseline run with my truck but did a pull with intake (JWT popcharger and some homemade parts and a Gibson cat-back). I put down 164 to the wheels and produced 232 ft/lbs of torque.

Based on the numbers I have seen on stock SC trucks (K&N's testing of the FIPK II) it looks like I gained about 12-14 horsepower. I can;t recall the torque gain off the top of my head...

Now I know that there are so many variables that could affect the numbers: temp, altitude, etc... So I consider mine a general idea of the gains.