PLUG AND WIRE PICKLE!!!

Posted by: Anonymous

PLUG AND WIRE PICKLE!!! - 08/04/05 08:40 PM

i just bought my first Xterra this past xmas, its used in mint condition with only 84km on it. I need would like to replace my plugs and wires and i would like to know what would be the best choice, I heard NKG were the best choice, Any truth to that??????

- NFLD....Canadas best keep secret!!

Re: PLUG AND WIRE PICKLE!!! - 08/04/05 08:48 PM

I hope my conversion isn't off but 84km is just over 52 miles, right? You really don't have to change plugs and wires till around 60,000 miles or 96,560.64km. But should you decide it is necessary, this post will help you:

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?
Posted by: BurgPath

Re: PLUG AND WIRE PICKLE!!! - 09/04/05 10:50 PM

Uh, link no worky. smile
Posted by: krisjon

Re: PLUG AND WIRE PICKLE!!! - 09/04/05 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xnfld:
i just bought my first Xterra this past xmas, its used in mint condition with only 84km on it. I need would like to replace my plugs and wires and i would like to know what would be the best choice, I heard NKG were the best choice, Any truth to that??????

- NFLD....Canadas best keep secret!!
Don't try to get exotic with the spark plug/wire upgrades. The Nissan ignition system likes Nissan/NGK stuff. While you can run other plugs and wires, these trucks run best/smoothest with pretty much the stock stuff. Don't have a real reason why, but ask any experienced Nissan mechanic and they'll tell you the same thing.

Re: PLUG AND WIRE PICKLE!!! - 10/04/05 08:32 AM

thanks for the info!!! i heard that NKG stuff was the best for them, just wanted to get a second opion!! This sit is awesome!!!!