Transformers the Movie

Posted by: KJ_dragon

Transformers the Movie - 01/06/06 11:19 AM

Cars that are in the New Transformer movie coming in '07

The Chevrolet Camaro Concept will star in the forthcoming “Transformers” movie, which is due for release on July 4th, 2007 (07-04-07). The film — which was first announced last year — is a collaboration between Paramount, DreamWorks, and Hasbro. Apparently, “Bumblebee” is going to start out as a 1970s Camaro, and then be rebuilt as a 2008/2009 Camaro. Meanwhile, “Starscream” is going to be an F-22 Raptor, and “Optimus Prime” is going to be a fire truck. Judging by the license plate on the new Camaro, tuner Saleen also has involvement with the project. A Saleen Mustang police car will also appear in the film.

Spy pics of the vehicles...

http://www.filmwad.com/transformers-365-p.html

Posted by: Samueul

Re: Transformers the Movie - 01/06/06 12:45 PM

Why must they change the type of vehicle the characters were! frown

BumbleBee was a VW Bug and Prime was a tractor trailor....

Why must these remakes ruin the memories of my childhood.
Posted by: PoorBoy

Re: Transformers the Movie - 01/06/06 03:04 PM

[ThumbsDown] :rolleyes:

Agreed... Awesome cars... but that's not Transformers... [Freak]

Re: Transformers the Movie - 13/06/06 01:03 PM

The movie better look like this...

http://www.boardsmag.com/screeningroom/commercials/2969/
Posted by: mineralblue

Re: Transformers the Movie - 13/06/06 02:01 PM

Ooh.

Michael Bay Talks Transformers Filming
Via: Michael Bay

We finished our first week. One of the best first weeks on a movie I’ve ever experienced. We shot over 250 set ups.

I’m working on the military aspects of the film right now in New Mexico at Hollaman Air Force base and the Army’s White Sands missile base. The military has been stellar with us. This is the largest military cooperation since Pearl Harbor and Black Hawk Down.

Friday we shot two CV-22’s (Ospreys). They fly like aliens dropping out of the sky. We also shot stealth fighters and low attack missile runs (50 feet off the deck) A10 Warthogs. They look so deadly and mean.

We also shot in an army tank grave yard, that has more tanks in it then all of Iraq. The military cast Josh and Tyrese are surrounded with top notch Seal Team members.

I almost dropped from heat stroke on Wednesday in the 118 degree heat. Several crew went down in the heat on these dunes. It is amazing how quickly it can come on - I now see how some of those football players drop dead from heat stroke.

The script reviews – I’ve seen, have been great but - I know they read a 112 page draft that was on record of four months old, but the dates they have given are wrong. We have done so much work since then.

I just hope people don’t spoil it for people hearing everything in the movie before they see the movie - that’s so lame.

I’ve anticipated leaks for months so I keep the only shooting script in my computer. Nobody has it, not even actors get a full script. Steven Spielberg taught me this trick.

I must say I’m very excited about this movie, we have shot some awesome shots!!!

And it’s hard to get me excited.

All the best,

Michael Bay

Re: Transformers the Movie - 13/06/06 02:08 PM

Official Movie Website

http://www.transformersmovie.com/

Countdown to the teaser debut...

Posted by: NismoXse02

Re: Transformers the Movie - 13/06/06 02:25 PM

Sweet! Can't wait.

KJ, why did you post this here? I know Transformers are geeky, but this is a real movie. Don't you want to get exposure in the Clubhouse to see what everyone thinks? confused

Re: Transformers the Movie - 13/06/06 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Sweet! Can't wait.

KJ, why did you post this here? I know Transformers are geeky, but this is a real movie. Don't you want to get exposure in the Clubhouse to see what everyone thinks? confused
I know, right? This is totally Clubhouse material.

Re: Transformers the Movie - 13/06/06 03:17 PM

It was:

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=010017#000000

frown I think KJ's just stealing my thunder. [LOL]
Posted by: Origami Gangsta

Re: Transformers the Movie - 13/06/06 03:25 PM

That's a big fucking Transformer in the poster. laugh

Man, that would be BADASS if Unicron was in it.

Re: Transformers the Movie - 13/06/06 05:52 PM

I debating posting in the clubhouse - but figured this is an example of what the Transformers movie "could be".

Re: Transformers the Movie - 27/06/06 09:48 PM

http://www.filmwad.com/photo.phtml?post_key=365&photo_key=657

Posted by: spalind

Re: Transformers the Movie - 28/06/06 05:32 AM

I can't see(work filters) if any of the links posted show this yet but Autoblog has a pic of Bumblebee partially transformed and lying on a trailer....looks pretty cool to me....can a Voltron or Robotech movie be far behind?!?!
Bumblebee!!

Re: Transformers the Movie - 28/06/06 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
I can't see(work filters) if any of the links posted show this yet but Autoblog has a pic of Bumblebee partially transformed and lying on a trailer....looks pretty cool to me....can a Voltron or Robotech movie be far behind?!?!
Bumblebee!!
Robotech would be kickass! At least the 1st and 3rd installation, leave Southern Cross out, as it sort of sucked imho.
Posted by: 01SalsaXterra

Re: Transformers the Movie - 28/06/06 06:08 AM

Quote:
Robotech would be kickass! At least the 1st and 3rd installation, leave Southern Cross out, as it sort of sucked imho.
That would be awesome. As much as I'd love to see Robotech as a movie, I'd actually prefer to see Macross Plus made into a movie. If you dont know it, Buy or rent it.
I have all of the Robotechs on DVD. Damn was it expensive, but so well worth it.

This transformers movie looks pretty cool, but changing the vehicle types is really going to bother me.
Bumblebee is a 1960's VW bug, I can understand changing it into a 2000's beetle but not a camaro. :rolleyes:

Re: Transformers the Movie - 28/06/06 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 01SalsaXterra:

This transformers movie looks pretty cool, but changing the vehicle types is really going to bother me.
Bumblebee is a 1960's VW bug, I can understand changing it into a 2000's beetle but not a camaro. :rolleyes:
When the Alternators/Binaltech line of hyper-realistic Transformers was being developed, fan favorite Bumblebee was to be recreated as a new Volkswagen Beetle, according to prototype art in "The Transformers Binaltech & TF Collection Complete Guide".

According to Hasbro designer Aaron Archer at "The Official Transformers Collectors Convention" (or OTFCC) '03, Volkswagen had refused to license an Alternator Bumblebee. Volkswagen refused to license the car, however, supposedly due to the warlike nature of the Transformers. [[1]] Since VW was hit hard in 2002 by a lawsuit by holocaust victims for their involvement in WWII (as a German manufacturer), VW is understandably reluctant to have its name tied to anything that could be considered a war machine. Hasbro had agreed to not give Bumblebee a gun, however, the prototype shot given to Volkswagen still had the gun present. Volkswagen were unaware that the picture was a prototype and they rejected the idea

This explains why the Bumblebee Altmode does not exist as a New VW Beetle and instead as other form cars beyond the old VW Beetle model.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bumblebee_transformers#Volkswagen_New_Beetle_model

Re: Transformers the Movie - 28/06/06 08:20 AM

Wow.. I didnt expect that response. eek
That would definitely explain it, Not that I agree with it.
To the people at VW [Finger] It's a Freaking movie being made from a Childrens cartoon!! :rolleyes:

Re: Transformers the Movie - 28/06/06 08:25 AM

Well at least we'll always have what Bumblebee could have been...

New VW Beetle Transformer

Re: Transformers the Movie - 28/06/06 08:51 AM

I found this promo video on youtube... it looks pretty authentic and includes an interview with Spielberg and what appears to be very early crude concept animations for the movie... hopefully they have since refined them to look cooler... (this video was uploaded back in January... notice the use of the 80s Camaro as a CGI model)

However, keep in mind that some of the animations are from other movies (747 Jumbo Jet), or commercials (Beetle and Citroen)... the jumbo jet tranformation is from a Japanese movie called Returner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyfk6Zo7HtM

Posted by: buffalo

Re: Transformers the Movie - 28/06/06 09:57 AM

Can't wait for this movie! The coolest part is that alot of us are in the age group that grew up on this cartoon and now have sons/daughters that we can take to see it. My son will be 7 when this movie comes out about the same age that i got into transformers.

FYI voltron is supposed to be released in its entirety in Sept/Oct of this year on DVD, and the movie that I am really waiting in anticipation for is "GIJOE" the movie, it's supposed to be in the works also, but I think they want to wait and see how the transformers movie does. cool
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Transformers the Movie - 28/06/06 10:14 AM

come on! star scream was an F15! why the hell make him an f22? dont change characters! frown

Re: Transformers the Movie - 28/06/06 11:24 AM

It's all about the marketing, just as it was 20 years ago... I think kids today are more likely to be excited over an F-22 than an F-15...

Hasbro fully intends to exploit the publicity machine and sell toys based on anything placed in the film. Can you imagine the merchandising machine behind this? I mean the cartoon itself was basically a 30 minute long toy commercial... not in a long time has a big budget summer movie been so custom-tailored for the toy industry...
Posted by: XPLORx4

Re: Transformers the Movie - 28/06/06 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
not in a long time has a big budget summer movie been so custom-tailored for the toy industry...
Yeah, this will be a huge merchandising machine. Hasbro is poised to make a killing on the franchise. These toys will be the hot item through the holiday season.

Collectors, this is your chance!

I just wish they'd come out with this again:

Re: Transformers the Movie - 28/06/06 11:47 AM

Anyone watched the latest Robotech incarnation...

Macross Zero. Its a prequel that explores the Earth Civil War - just before the Zentradi Arrive - but after the SDF-1 crashes onto Macross Island. It also explains Protoculture more- and probably has the BEST Veritech vs Veritech battles EVER.

Imagine a Dog fight between a "normal" F14 Tomcat and a veritech - Total mismatch and the F14's don't stand a chance.

Google it... Macross Zero - I highly recommend it.

Re: Transformers the Movie - 28/06/06 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:
Hey Jeff,

You got a copy I can borrow to watch over the weekend? wink

Re: Transformers the Movie - 28/06/06 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XPLORx4:

Jetfire.

Best transformer ever. Basically a repackaged Macross, but still kick ass!

I still have mine, but it's admittedly not in as good shape as the photo above...

Re: Transformers the Movie - 28/06/06 11:58 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Jetfire.

Best transformer ever. and he was Macross!
[/b]
I had one (long ago) that I painted to look just like Roy Fokker's Skull Leader from Robotech. I used paint thinner to remove the red paint from the wings, nose, tail, etc. then repainted it yellow and black in the appropriate locations, and even put a skull/crossbones on the tail.

I also painted the rocket boosters and arm/leg armor grey. It was awesome.

Re: Transformers the Movie - 28/06/06 12:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:
[b]Google it... Macross Zero - I highly recommend it.
Hey Jeff,

You got a copy I can borrow to watch over the weekend? wink [/b]
Jeff? I'm not Jeff... :p

I have all 5 episodes downloaded from napster some years ago. I'll see if I can make a DVD or CD or something. PM me your address and I'll find a way to get it to you.

Re: Transformers the Movie - 28/06/06 12:05 PM

Quote:
My brother was ranting and raving about it. He thought it was awesome. I have to watch it when I get a chance.

Jetfire is the best transformer ever.

Re: Transformers the Movie - 28/06/06 08:43 PM

that You tube thing is somewhat fake. one of the transformers was from a nike commercial and another is from some cg that a random guy did. not the movie.
Posted by: airbutchie

Re: Transformers the Movie - 29/06/06 08:21 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Jetfire.

Best transformer ever. Basically a repackaged Macross, but still kick ass!

I still have mine, but it's admittedly not in as good shape as the photo above...[/b]
Don't make me bust out my collection... Hehehheeeh... From Voltron to Transformers to Macross... I'VE GOT THEM ALL... Hehhehehehe... I'll post pics... They're all sitting in boxes at my old room in my parents house... Hehhehehehe... MB, wait til you see what i've got... Hehhehehehe...

- Air B eek

Re: Transformers the Movie - 29/06/06 08:25 AM

You could make some serious cash on eBay with that AirB... eek

Re: Transformers the Movie - 29/06/06 08:43 AM

My Aunt used to work at the US Embassy in Tokyo and for B-days and Xmas I'd always get all the different toys from Voltron, Robotech and many others never seen in the states well before they became popular here. If I knew then what I know now I would've kept them.

Re: Transformers the Movie - 29/06/06 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Grunzen:
If I knew then what I know now I would've kept them.
Awww man... I hear ya on that... I use to have several OG Star Wars action figures in the late 70's... We're talking Luke & Vader having the built in lightsabers on their arms and vehicles up the ying-yang (Falcon, Sand Speeder, 3-Story "interior" of the Deathstar with manual elevators... Of course we blew the fuck outta them the following 4th of July for shits & giggles... Stupid kids like me didn't appreciate the VALUE of what they would become today... Tisk tisk... But I digress...

- Air B [ThumbsDown]

Re: Transformers the Movie - 29/06/06 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by airbutchie:
Quote:
Originally posted by Grunzen:
[b]If I knew then what I know now I would've kept them.
Awww man... I hear ya on that... I use to have several OG Star Wars action figures in the late 70's... We're talking Luke & Vader having the built in lightsabers on their arms and vehicles up the ying-yang (Falcon, Sand Speeder, 3-Story "interior" of the Deathstar with manual elevators... Of course we blew the fuck outta them the following 4th of July for shits & giggles... Stupid kids like me didn't appreciate the VALUE of what they would become today... Tisk tisk... But I digress...

- Air B [ThumbsDown] [/b]
Man the memories! I remember bugging my parents for an AT-AT. after the excitment wore off I filled the hull with M-80s and watch the thing go down just like in Empire Strikes Back. laugh

Re: Transformers the Movie - 29/06/06 01:50 PM

Optimus Prime! Not from the movie, but if some programmer can do this on his own, I'm excited to see what Spielberg and Bay's boys pull off.

Prime

Re: Transformers the Movie - 29/06/06 02:36 PM

KJ and RocketX stole my thunder. frown

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=010017#000000

Re: Transformers the Movie - 29/06/06 02:51 PM

Quote:
KJ and RocketX stole my thunder. frown

[URL=http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=010017#000000]http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=010017#000000[/UR L]

I knew this avatar would come in handy fast... [LOL]

Re: Transformers the Movie - 29/06/06 03:05 PM

[Spit]

Re: Transformers the Movie - 30/06/06 07:16 AM

Aight... Teaser trailer for the movie is up... Ya must have Adobe's Flash Version 8 to view, FYI... Looked pretty interesting...

TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE

- Air B eek

Re: Transformers the Movie - 30/06/06 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by airbutchie:
Aight... Teaser trailer for the movie is up... Ya must have Adobe's Flash Version 8 to view, FYI... Looked pretty interesting...

[b] TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE

- Air B eek [/b]
uhh... that was lame.

what a disappointment... my only guess is that since they are still doing principal shooting they have hardly done any post-production CGI work on the actual robots... still kind of lame though... I was kinda hoping for a large Autobot spaceship crashing into a prehistoric mountain with dinosaurs walking about... [Geek] not some Mars rover getting jumped...

Re: Transformers the Movie - 30/06/06 08:49 AM

I wonder if that's really the one they were going to release on the 4th. Maybe it's a teaser for the teaser. [Freak]

Re: Transformers the Movie - 30/06/06 09:00 AM

well considering it's only a teaser, perhaps none of what we saw is actually in the movie... just a promo...

Re: Transformers the Movie - 30/06/06 09:42 AM

Re: Transformers the Movie - 30/06/06 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by zuzuman03:
W. T. F.

eek

Re: Transformers the Movie - 24/07/06 02:30 PM

The Comic Con show in San Diego has confirmed that Peter Cullen will be the voice of Optimus Prime once again.

[ThumbsUp]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Cullen

Not only that, but the producer has confirmed that Optimus will remain a semi and that he is not a firetruck as it has been rumored...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUHbb96T3cY
Posted by: p.i.n.o.

Re: Transformers the Movie - 25/07/06 07:44 AM

Alright, the 3rd time is the charm!

If this don't work then I give up!

Re: Transformers the Movie - 25/07/06 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by pino:
More one sheets:

Also, I just read that Dane Cook will have a cameo in the movie.
Red x's Paul!

Re: Transformers the Movie - 25/07/06 10:02 AM

Peter Cullen has an impressive resume.

Optimus Prime and others from the series
Voltron
KARR
Toonami

He should be a pop culture icon!

Re: Transformers the Movie - 25/07/06 11:48 AM

Quote:
More one sheets:

Also, I just read that Dane Cook will have a cameo in the movie.

[edited to add] Hopefully that fixes the red x problem. If not, you can view the posters here .
Oh, the irony:

Re: Transformers the Movie - 25/07/06 12:43 PM

That's pretty cool Nismo... Nice gif... Hehhehehhe..

- Air B [ThumbsUp]

Re: Transformers the Movie - 27/07/06 11:12 AM

I think Dane Cook has a small part in the movie too and he starts filming it next month.

Citroen put out a commerical which is kinda cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izJp036-1JI

Re: Transformers the Movie - 29/07/06 08:27 AM

Quote:
Alright, the 3rd time is the charm!

If this don't work then I give up!
I picked up 2 each of those posters at teh comic con last weekend. laugh [ThumbsUp]

Re: Transformers the Movie - 29/07/06 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by silverkat:
I think Dane Cook has a small part in the movie too and he starts filming it next month.

Citroen put out a commerical which is kinda cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izJp036-1JI
and another: Citroen Skater laugh

Re: Transformers the Movie - 29/07/06 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
and another: Citroen Skater laugh
You mean the one KJ posted on the first page? [Wave]
Posted by: BigE515

Re: Transformers the Movie - 29/07/06 03:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
[b]and another: Citroen Skater laugh
You mean the one KJ posted on the first page? [Wave] [/b]
Got Brent?
[LOL]

Re: Transformers the Movie - 29/07/06 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
Got Brent?
[LOL]
[Spit] Actually, I think Brent might actually kill if he saw something posted 2 different times in the same thread.

Re: Transformers the Movie - 29/07/06 07:00 PM

Lets not talk about him too much, he's been behaving.....lately. Gotta love those days when you come to XOC and every recent post says at the end of it "(OffroadX)" [LOL]

Re: Transformers the Movie - 30/08/06 01:19 AM

wikipedia has updated some of its stuff to reflect the recent announcements about the robot roster in the film...

Autobots

Optimus Prime (Peterbilt semi-truck) - A long-nosed cab fashioned with red/black-flames artwork has been seen on set; discussion with Bay representatives seems to affirm this is indeed Optimus Prime's alternate form. On G4 channel's Attack of the Show, an interview with Lorenzo DiBonaventura confirmed that Optimus was scaled to be 32 feet in robot form, and definitely a semi in auto form, However, Michael Bay has said Optimus is 28 feet tall.[14] Orci described Optimus as a noble king, similar to King Arthur. A photo of what is alleged to be Optimus Prime in his vehicle mode was leaked onto the internet. His alternate form is a dark blue Peterbilt semi truck with red flames painted on the sides. This has also caused some controversy with both fans and critics from Ain't It Cool News and other sites expressing disapproval of the changes to the character's appearance from his Generation 1 incarnation[15]. It should be noted, however, that this color scheme closely matches one of the G2 Optimus Prime toys[16]. Indeed, a source has said Prime in alternate mode is similar to his G2 look but in robot mode is similar to G1. [17]

Bumblebee (Chevrolet Camaro, later reformated as a Saleen-modified 2009 Chevrolet Camaro) - Bumblebee is the underdog character and a scout for the Autobots, as well as the Transformer most connected to humans. He ends up being purchased by Spike Witwicky, who was looking to buy his first car. In addition to the CGI model that is generally assumed to exist[18], Autobot Bumblebee's robot mode has been constructed as a physical prop as well[19]. A leaked picture briefly appeared on the net before being removed at the request of the studio, although mirrors of these image can be readily located. Some controversy has arisen as a result of the decision to change Bumblebee's alternate mode from a compact car to a muscle car. Bumblebee is 17 feet tall according to Bay.

Ironhide (GMC Topkick pickup truck) - Ironhide has apparently replaced the controversial choice of Arcee in the February 2006 draft of the script. He is believed to be a modified GMC Top Kick C4500 4WD Crew Cab. [15] A picture of Ironhide in this alternate form has surfaced on the internet.[16] Ironhide is described as being a classic cowboy type of character who is always the first to rush into battle. The writers also note that he will be portrayed as being one of Optimus' oldest friends. Ironhide will be 26 feet tall.

Jazz (Pontiac Solstice[20]) - His robot form will have the following features: "Grey body. Visor over eyes. Claw[-}like fingers. Design is similar to Optimus Prime and Bumblebee in that it has exposed gears, similar feet. Front end of the car becomes his chest."[17] Kurtzman describes Jazz as a "rock-and-roll" type character who lives by his credo of "If you can’t do something with style, it’s not worth doing at all." He will be 15 feet tall.

Ratchet (Emergency vehicle based on the Humvee design) - An emergency response vehicle, Ratchet was mentioned during pre-production several times by producer Don Murphy. Recent leaked photos of the actual vehicle appear to be an emergency vehicle built from the Humvee. (AM General, who produced the original military Humvees, had many variants; it may be one of those variants or a custom-made truck for the movie). Ratchet's role in the movie is that of Autobot medic, and is 24 feet tall.
[edit]

Decepticons

Megatron (Cybertronian alternate mode confirmed in leaked photos to be an "Alien Jet") - Megatron will be presented personality-wise as an exact opposite to Optimus. An explanation as to why he started the war will also be at hand. He dwarfs the Autobots at 34 feet tall. Images of Megatron's original Cybertronian form were leaked on the 24th August 2006 [18]. It is unknown at this stage whether Megatron will assume an Earth alt-mode in the film. A post on Don Murphy's message board from Hasbro's CEO Brian Goldner suggests he might.
"Megatron is an early style board. Without revealing too much of the story, there is a very important reason for his look to have evolved from pure G1; although the final look is a work-in-progress--ILM has just recently begun all their CGI development. Megatron has a iconic personality, and approach that dates back to G1. Throughout time he has had a very big gun...."[19]

Starscream (F-22 Raptor) - Starscream is described as always looking to best Megatron; Orci and Kurtzman have confirmed that Megatron's traditional disdain for Starscream, and vice-versa, will remain intact.
Barricade (Saleen-modified Ford Mustang Police car) - Barricade is the Decepticon scout/hunter, hiding among the humans disguised as a symbol of authority. He does not appear to be based on any specific Generation 1 character, though there have been several Transformers characters bearing this name in the past.

Bonecrusher (Buffalo) - Bonecrusher's name was confirmed early on when a photo of a military mine-clearing vehicle with the name tampographed onto it was leaked early on. Subservient to Megatron, he is described as being the closest to a Constructicon as they could get in the movie.

Brawl (Tank) Although original reports suggested that this character would be named "Devastator," it was specifically cited that this was an example of a character whose name was not finalised. He is now confirmed to be named "Brawl," a fitting choice, as his triple-barreled turret and what Orci describes as a "pissed off" personality evoke the Combaticon of the same name.

Scorponok (Mechanical Scorpion) - A mechanical scorpion appropriately named Scorponok (first mentioned in an interview with director Michael Bay on Ain’t It Cool News; a newspaper article in the Northwest Florida Daily News confirms a scene between the military and a large mechanical scorpion). Scorponok will be the closest to his Beast Wars incarnation, as well as an example of animal Transformers.

Frenzy (Alt. mode currently unknown; rumored to be a boombox) - Originally scripted to be Soundwave, he was supposed to be a boombox that transformed into a human-sized robot; the character was later renamed and Soundwave was held over until a sequel, where Murphy said "...we can get him right." The character was renamed Frenzy as a homage to the G1 character who was a minion of Soundwave. His role in the film is that of a spy among humans for the Decepticons, using his alternate mode as a disguise.

Blackout (MH-53 Pave Low) - A Special Ops helicopter. Originally to be Soundwave after early CG cinematics were shown at San Diego Comic Con in 2005, but this was changed to become another character after Hasbro allegedly made it known that they wanted Soundwave to have a musical device mode. In early drafts of the script this character was named Grimlock, then according to Murphy was named Vortex (after the helicopter-mode Combaticon)). His name has now been confirmed as Blackout (a name used by a helicopter Decepticon in the recent Transformers: Energon toyline), and he can disable enemies with EMP-like blasts.

Re: Transformers the Movie - 30/08/06 01:26 AM

Re: Transformers the Movie - 30/08/06 02:37 AM

Dude, this is Megatron.

And can't forget the attachments too.

Fuck that "Alien Jet" horseshit. [ThumbsDown]

I might just rent this shit on DVD instead of going to the theater. It's gonna suck. mad

Oh yeah, I forgot to add in that Jazz was a fucking Porsche 911, not some gay ass Solistice. At least make it somewhat realistic and go with a Boxster S or something. Tools. mad

Re: Transformers the Movie - 04/09/06 09:10 AM

Optimus Prime

Re: Transformers the Movie - 06/09/06 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fried Rice Mofo:

Oh yeah, I forgot to add in that Jazz was a fucking Porsche 911, not some gay ass Solistice. At least make it somewhat realistic and go with a Boxster S or something. Tools. mad
It's all about product placement and Hasbro... I figured GM and Ford would probably pay more to put their vehicles in the movie.

Re: Transformers the Movie - 06/09/06 07:40 AM

Megatron was the worst "Transformer". He's like the only one they didn't think through very well when doing the original design, yet he was the leader of the Decepticons. [Freak] I have no problem with them changing Megatron, but I would have considered a tank. I agree that they should keep the others close to being the same if possible.

Re: Transformers the Movie - 06/09/06 11:42 AM

I'll say it again! Bumblebee was a fucking VW Beetle! How much more fucking "underdog" can you get as a car turned hero for fucks sake!

Not gonna go see it at the movies. I'll wait the very short wait for DVD....

Re: Transformers the Movie - 06/09/06 12:19 PM

Quote:
Megatron was the worst "Transformer". He's like the only one they didn't think through very well when doing the original design, yet he was the leader of the Decepticons. [Freak] I have no problem with them changing Megatron, but I would have considered a tank. I agree that they should keep the others close to being the same if possible.
I see where you're coming from with that. The reason he rarely transformed was because he needed someone to carry him around (kinda lame when you think about it). He was much more hardcore (and self-sustaining) when he was turned into Galvatron.

Re: Transformers the Movie - 06/09/06 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
I'll say it again! Bumblebee was a fucking VW Beetle! How much more fucking "underdog" can you get as a car turned hero for fucks sake!

Not gonna go see it at the movies. I'll wait the very short wait for DVD....
Amen! [ThumbsUp]

Re: Transformers the Movie - 06/09/06 12:33 PM

Quote:
I see where you're coming from with that. The reason he rarely transformed was because he needed someone to carry him around (kinda lame when you think about it). He was much more hardcore (and self-sustaining) when he was turned into Galvatron.
Exactly. That and he was completely out of porportion. He was the same size as a semi truck and all the other vehicles. [LOL] In the shows, he'd be a big robot and transform into a gun, but would be smaller and more accurate in size. Easy to do on a cartoon, but you couldn't do that with the toy.

I think I'd put Soundwave next on that list. 1) For the same reasons as Megatron 2) There are no boomboxes anymore.

Re: Transformers the Movie - 06/09/06 12:37 PM

Quote:
I think I'd put Soundwave next on that list. 1) For the same reasons as Megatron 2) There are no boomboxes anymore.
Hmmm, that'll be tough to get past the fans. There was just something fucking cool about Raven turning into a cassette and jumping into Soundwave's tape player for recon. That was the fucking shit.

Re: Transformers the Movie - 06/09/06 01:05 PM

Quote:
Exactly. That and he was completely out of porportion. He was the same size as a semi truck and all the other vehicles. [LOL] In the shows, he'd be a big robot and transform into a gun, but would be smaller and more accurate in size. Easy to do on a cartoon, but you couldn't do that with the toy.

following the movie's "updating pattern", perhaps Soundwave should be an iPod... wink

Quote:
Hmmm, that'll be tough to get past the fans. There was just something fucking cool about Raven turning into a cassette and jumping into Soundwave's tape player for recon. That was the fucking shit.
and Raven could be a MPEG file... laugh

Re: Transformers the Movie - 06/09/06 02:27 PM

Soundwave also had that tiger/cougar/cheetah lookin' thing that came outta his tape recorder... Can't visualize Soundwave as an iPod... How the fuck are is the bird (Raven) and the tiger/cougar/cheetah gonna come out? Just something to think about...

- Air B :rolleyes:

Re: Transformers the Movie - 06/09/06 05:14 PM

Who the freak is Raven?

The bird was Laserbeak.

The jaguar was Ravage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soundwave

The other Decepticon tapes were Ratbat, Rumble, and Frenzy.

Re: Transformers the Movie - 07/09/06 01:57 AM

Shit on me, that's right. Laserbeak. He looked like a robot raven though.

Hey, it's been 20 years, eh?
Posted by: GrayHam

Re: Transformers the Movie - 07/09/06 06:43 AM

Perhaps Laserbeak, Ravage, etc, could be "virtual" Decepticons? Aggressive attack-files, like viruses, only more dangerous.

Soundwave, as an iPod, could upload the virtual-Decepticons as part of an attack . . .

And Bumblebee was a fucking VW Bug. mad
Posted by: 2001frontier

Re: Transformers the Movie - 07/09/06 07:13 AM

They could just be CDs with real sharp edges. That way they could jump out of the CD player, transform for travel, then do a flying transform into CD Chinese Star of Death for an attack!

Re: Transformers the Movie - 07/09/06 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GrayHam:

And Bumblebee was a fucking VW Bug. mad
Again, don't blame the movie, blame VW for being pussies about not wanting to be associated with war-like imagery in light of their WWII history.

Re: Transformers the Movie - 07/12/06 03:26 PM

Re: Transformers the Movie - 07/12/06 05:37 PM

Schweet... Nice find KJ...

- Air B [ThumbsUp]

Re: Transformers the Movie - 07/12/06 07:14 PM

I thought Megatron was going to be a alien spaceship, now it looks like he's a new Mustang Police car, maybe? Cool pics though.

Re: Transformers the Movie - 08/12/06 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
I thought Megatron was going to be a alien spaceship, now it looks like he's a new Mustang Police car, maybe? Cool pics though.
Quote:
Decepticons

Megatron (Cybertronian alternate mode confirmed in leaked photos to be an "Alien Jet") -

Barricade (Saleen-modified Ford Mustang Police car) - Barricade is the Decepticon scout/hunter, hiding among the humans disguised as a symbol of authority. He does not appear to be based on any specific Generation 1 character, though there have been several Transformers characters bearing this name in the past.
Posted by: NuDan

Re: Transformers the Movie - 08/12/06 08:35 AM

Heheh
Can't wait either.

Re: Transformers the Movie - 08/12/06 09:42 AM

Rachet:

Re: Transformers the Movie - 08/12/06 10:30 PM

...robots in disguise!
Posted by: hattrik21

Re: Transformers the Movie - 20/12/06 09:07 AM

Here's the trailer for those interisted.

Clicky

Re: Transformers the Movie - 20/12/06 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by hattrik21:
Here's the trailer for those interisted.

Clicky
Schweet.

Re: Transformers the Movie - 20/12/06 09:39 AM

dude, that looks awesome!

Re: Transformers the Movie - 20/12/06 09:41 AM

Can't freakin' wait! [ThumbsUp]

Re: Transformers the Movie - 20/12/06 04:43 PM

I'm more excited about this than I was before I lost my virginity [LOL]

Re: Transformers the Movie - 20/12/06 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ShoxX:
I'm more excited about this than I was before I lost my virginity [LOL]
Good to hear you're more excited about this than you were yesterday.

Trailer looks good, I must say. A lot of mystery to it.

Re: Transformers the Movie - 20/12/06 10:05 PM

Wow.

7 months though?!?!? frown

Re: Transformers the Movie - 21/12/06 06:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by ShoxX:
[b]I'm more excited about this than I was before I lost my virginity [LOL]
Good to hear you're more excited about this than you were yesterday.

Trailer looks good, I must say. A lot of mystery to it.[/b]
oh I see you spoke to your mom this morning....tell her I said Merry Christmas [LOL]
Posted by: Big Daddy Chia

Re: Transformers the Movie - 24/12/06 08:07 AM

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=115458 More pics of the characters.

Re: Transformers the Movie - 26/12/06 02:15 PM

looks like optimus prime got a HID headlight conversion.

Posted by: PoorBoy

Re: Transformers the Movie - 19/01/07 06:16 PM

Not sure about Wal-Marts in yalls area but mine has the 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime figure on clearance for $25, originally $50-$70. It is pretty awesome. The general detail they put into how it transforms and how it works is pretty impressive. I picked up 2 for the heck of it.

The base talks and has SFX. The matrix is inside his chest and there is a button you can push to light up the matrix. Also pictured there is a new Rodimus figure. I like things that look like the original and was happy with the way they did Rodimus... although he looks more like Hot Rod. Anyway, check out your Wal-Mart and see if they have any, I highly recommend Optimus for the price!