"Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?"

Posted by: Claus

"Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 09:33 AM

I thought I heard it all then I fall over the article below. How fucking low can you go?. forcing a public place kill a tradition just because it does not fit your taste, or belief?. whats next the Santa clause parades in the US being nixed as people wants Kwanza included?. gimme a fucking break, Man I am really starting to hate this time of year

The Hats says take it down
Posted by: Kaiser

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 09:38 AM

"There is a concern here that the Jewish community will be portrayed as the Grinch."

Not the whole Jewish community... just that one asshole Rabbi and his scruple-free lawyer.
Posted by: Big Daddy Chia

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 09:43 AM

Is this now a valid reason to dislike Jewish people. Or maybe justin Russian Orthodox Jews. Here is thier website http://www.chabadofseattle.org/templates/articlecco.html?AID=265470
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 09:44 AM

It is insulting though that they'd rather take down the trees than put up a menorah. It's not the rabbi that made them do that. They could have had both, but they decided to take the trees down. I don't think there's anything wrong with what the rabbi requested. Now...threatening to sue is another story. I don't agree with that, but a huge public airport shouldn't "support" only one religion. They could decorate with a holiday theme without just being oriented towards christmas. Just my 2 cents. (no jewish penny pinching pun intended)

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 09:47 AM

Its simply PC BS.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! [Smoking]

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 09:49 AM

Oh yeah christmas trees have nothign to do with religion.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Chia:
christmas trees
They are called CHRISTMAS TREES! Nothing to do with religion?

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
Its simply PC BS.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! [Smoking]
Exactly!
Posted by: NY Madman

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 10:03 AM

It's all part of the "War against Christmas". This shit happens every year in various forms all over the country.

The airport in Seattle made this decision in order to avoid a lawsuit...

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/breaking_news/16213881.htm

It's a shame.

Happy Kwanzaa Claus.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PANissanX:
It is insulting though that they'd rather take down the trees than put up a menorah. It's not the rabbi that made them do that. They could have had both, but they decided to take the trees down. I don't think there's anything wrong with what the rabbi requested. Now...threatening to sue is another story. I don't agree with that, but a huge public airport shouldn't "support" only one religion. They could decorate with a holiday theme without just being oriented towards christmas. Just my 2 cents. (no jewish penny pinching pun intended)
If you read the article, the decision was made to prevent a dozen other religions from coming after them and making them have something from each one. I can't blame them for just saying "screw it".

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 10:27 AM

My wife is Jewish, I spent the day yesterday downloading Christmas music and the evening singing half of them. She's not stupid enough to complain about others celebrating in their religion. In fact Jewish people as a whole, from the temple we go to embrace other peoples religion. The Rabbi knows damn well that I have no intention to convert to Judaism, but I took the classes with my wife when she converted and have met with him many times. Nice guy - Interesting religion, but it's not for me. I think it's a very small group of Hardcore Concervative Jews that are the problem. Not ALL jews.

This is just like calling all Islamic folks terrorists, when we know that really only about 99% of them are laugh

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 10:33 AM

"The Night before Kwanzaa"

Twas the night before Kwanzaa
And all through the 'hood,
Maulana Karenga was up to no good.

He'd tortured a woman and spent time in jail.
He needed a new scam that just wouldn't fail.
("So what if I stuck some chick's toe in a vice?
Nobody said revolution was nice!")

The Sixties were over. Now what would he do?
Why, he went back to school -- so that's "Dr." to you!"
He once ordered shootouts at UCLA
Now he teaches Black Studies just miles away.

Then to top it all off, the good Doctor's new plan
Was to get rid of Christmas and piss off "The Man".

Karenga invented a fake holiday.
He called the thing Kwanza. "Hey, what's that you say?"

"You don't get what's 'black' about Maoist baloney?
You say that my festival's totally phony?"

"Who cares if corn isn't an African crop?
Who cares if our harvest's a month or two off?
Who cares if Swahili's not our mother tongue?
A lie for The Cause never hurt anyone!"

"Umoja! Ujima! Kujichagulia, too!
Collectivist crap never sounded so cool!
Those guilty white liberals -- easy to fool.
Your kids will now celebrate Kwanzaa in school!"

And we heard him exclaim as he drove out of sight:
"Happy Kwanzaa to all, except if you're white!"

By Kathy Shaidle
Published 12/16/2003

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Chia:
Is this now a valid reason to dislike Jewish people. Or maybe justin Russian Orthodox Jews. Here is thier website http://www.chabadofseattle.org/templates/articlecco.html?AID=265470
I'm Russian but I'm Christian. I was born Christian and all my predecessors were Christian as well.

Where I live I often times see Russian Jews act just like that in everyday living. Those are the same people that came here as "refugees" and are not willing to learn the language, not willing to support America and are not even willing to work at times. A lot of them sit on Welfare (older folks, but come on! 45-50 is not that old and you can still work, otherwise why are you here??) That's where my tax dollars go, and yous too...

Seeing shit like this seriously makes me ashamed of even having the word Russian associated with people like that. I don't hate them and I don't have anything against then. I just don't have anything to do with them eather. Period.

Fuckin' shame. :rolleyes:

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 10:58 AM

FUCK X-mas, Fuck Kwanza, Fuck Hannukah...there is only one festive season:

Frank Costanza: Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reached for the last one they had, but so did another man. As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way.

Cosmo Kramer: What happened to the doll?

Frank Costanza: It was destroyed. But out of that a new holiday was born … a Festivus for the rest of us!

Cosmo Kramer: That must've been some kind of doll.

Frank Costanza: She was.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 11:04 AM

Agreed, radicals...no matter what religion ruin things for everyone.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 11:07 AM

Sorry to interrupt the Jew bashing, but I really don't see the Rabbi as the bad guy here. He didn't declare war on Christmas, he just wanted to be included. The Port (or whatever) is acting childish.

My workplace however did declare war on Christmas. In past years, we had a huge 12' tree with 'presents' as well as a table with a menorah, dreidels & geld. The receptionist would come in the day after Thanksgiving (on her own time) & set everything up. She even bought a lot of the decorations herself.

This year, HR told her she could not decorate at all. Instead, they (had someone) put a large lighted wreath on the wall behind the receptionit's desk that covers the company logo.

In addition, they circulated a memo that limited us to generic decorations only & nothing that plugs in.

Of course I'm sitting here right now with battery-powered lights taped all around my monitor. laugh

My way of saying Merry Xmas, dammit! [Finger]

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Claus Von Christensen:
FUCK X-mas, Fuck Kwanza, Fuck Hannukah...there is only one festive season:

[b]Frank Costanza: Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reached for the last one they had, but so did another man. As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way.

Cosmo Kramer: What happened to the doll?

Frank Costanza: It was destroyed. But out of that a new holiday was born … a Festivus for the rest of us!

Cosmo Kramer: That must've been some kind of doll.

Frank Costanza: She was.
[/b]
The best part of Festivus is the "airing of grievances" and the "Feats of strength".

FESTIVUS FOR THE REST OF US!!!!

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by pluvo:
Sorry to interrupt the Jew bashing, but I really don't see the Rabbi as the bad guy here. He didn't declare war on Christmas, he just wanted to be included.
Yes yes... and he expressed his wish to be included in the traditional Jewish way - by threatening a lawsuit :rolleyes:

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 11:19 AM

Quote:
Rabbi Elazar Bogomilsky, who made his request weeks ago, said he was appalled by the decision. He had hired a lawyer and threatened to sue if the Port of Seattle didn't add the menorah next to the trees, which had been festooned with red ribbons and bows.
Yes he did threaten. Not really the spirit of the Holidays kind of fellow.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 11:32 AM

Oh here is a link to the Rabbi as well.

http://www.chabad.org/centers/default.asp?AID=118399

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 11:37 AM

Quote:
Oh here is a link to the Rabbi as well.

http://www.chabad.org/centers/default.asp?AID=118399
All I see on his website are links to Hanuka stuff, he needs to put up some christmas links or we should hit him with a lawsuit

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 11:40 AM

It is his church, there is a link to send him an email as well (right below the pic of the house).

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 11:58 AM

Quote:
It is his church, there is a link to send him an email as well (right below the pic of the house).
It seems this guy is the Executive Director of the "Friendship Circle" Department. [Freak]

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 12:27 PM

sent him a Jib jab Santa fart....

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 03:12 PM

Quote:
sent him one said i was gonna sue him for not having links to Christmas stuff.
Posted by: Rockaholic

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 05:48 PM

So people are upset that the Rabbi doesn't have links to Christmas stuff...on his Jewish organization's website.

Are you equally upset that your local church doesn't have Channuka decorations up?

Let's keep in mind that airports have been hotspots for religous people to spread the word of their religion(think of the scene in the movie Airplane! where Ted Striker runs past various religous people peddling their religion, and even punches one of them out).

It's not like the Rabbi asked for a Menorah to be placed on another religous site.
The Rabbi asked for a menorah to be placed in a public area of an airport where one religious holiday symbol existed. He wasn't targeting a religous organization, it is an airport.
I don't ever remember flying into the Sacred Heart of Christ International Airport.

shame on the airport for failing to take into account other religous beliefs before setting up their display.
In the spirit of fairness, you shouldn't ignore other religious beliefs just because they don't happen to be your own.

How would you like it if your town hall put up a large menorah and not a Christmas tree? How would you like it if everyone wished everyone else Happy Channuka?

I have no problem with someone wishing me a Merry Christmas, but I have often wondered why people who may nor know me at all would just assume I share the same religous belief that they have.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rockaholic:
So people are upset that the Rabbi doesn't have links to Christmas stuff...on his Jewish organization's website.

Are you upset that your local church doesn't have Channuka decorations up?

It's not like he asked for a Menorah to be placed in another religous site.

The Rabbi asked for a menorah to be placed in a public area or an airport where one religious holiday symbol existed. He wasn't targeting a religous organization, it is an airport.

shame on the airport for failing to take into account other religous beliefs before setting up their display.
In the spirit of fairness, you shouldn't ignore other religious beliefs just because they don't happen to be your own.

How would you like it if your town hall put up a large menorah and not a Christmas tree?

I have no problem with someone wishing me a Merry Christmas, but I have often wondered why people who may nor know me at all would just assume I share the same religous belief that they have.
It was a fucking Christmas tree..Not a nativity scene, been there for 10 years. It is a sign of the season not a religious momentum...atleast not for me and I bet 90% here...

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 06:05 PM

How many non-christians do you know that put up Christmas Trees??? (interfaith families with one of those faiths being Christian excluded)
Posted by: NismoXse02

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 06:05 PM

The Rabbi can go fuck himself. So can all of you who want the vast majority to bend over backwards for the vast minority. If he wants to put up a menorah in an airport, he can go start his own airport. That's how you achieve things in this country. Until then, if he's truly offended... don't use that fucking airport! And shame on the airport for caving in. They would win the legal battle hands down, especially if they called it what everyone else is calling it with the damn PC crap we have to deal with now... it's a "holiday tree". I know what I said isn’t very Christmas-y, but I’m sick of this shit happening every year.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 06:11 PM

Nismo, you're taking it to another extreme.

The Rabbi didn't ask/threaten/demand the Christmas trees be taken down or called something else, he asked for inclusion, the addition of his religious symbol to the ones already there.

Are you saying that other religions shouldn't be expressed in public like Christianity because they have less followers?

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 06:11 PM

Sorry but if anyone I knew family, freind even aquaintance said they were going to sue a person or entity because they dont have thier religious symbol up I would smack them up sid the back of thier head hard as hell and say "What the fuck is wrong with you!!!"

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 06:20 PM

Quote:
The Rabbi didn't ask/threaten/demand the Christmas trees be taken down or called something else, he asked for inclusion, the addition of his religious symbol to the ones already there.
...and threaten to sue if he didn't get his way. You seem to leave that part out.
Quote:
Are you saying that other religions shouldn't be expressed in public like Christianity because they have less followers?
No, I'm saying they can express their religion in a public places if that public place wishes it express it.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 06:36 PM

Quote:
How many non-christians do you know that put up Christmas Trees??? (interfaith families with one of those faiths being Christian excluded)
Several....including myself

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
The Rabbi can go fuck himself. So can all of you who want the vast majority to bend over backwards for the vast minority. If he wants to put up a menorah in an airport, he can go start his own airport. That's how you achieve things in this country. Until then, if he's truly offended... don't use that fucking airport! And shame on the airport for caving in. They would win the legal battle hands down, especially if they called it what everyone else is calling it with the damn PC crap we have to deal with now... it's a "holiday tree". I know what I said isn’t very Christmas-y, but I’m sick of this shit happening every year.
Bravoo ! [ThumbsUp]

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 06:59 PM

Rockaholic: To me, it's ALLLL about the threat of a lawsuit.

The way things *ought* to work - is the Rabbi asks nicely - and the airport realizes that they should have included all major local religions - so they put up something for everyone in a little holiday display area... Barring that, they refuse to make a change and the Rabbi makes a stink about it to the community and media and pressure from those groups makes the airport either put up the other symbols or scrap the whole thing.

... but no... Ye Olde Lawsuit (or threat thereof) comes out - which loses the Rabbi ANY respect that I might have had for him and his cause.

The airport, seeing trouble coming, did the right thing - just bail out before it gets ugly (and now look.. even by bailing out they STILL have people bitch-bitch-bitching away).

Personally, my libertarian view is: is the airport a government facility?

If so - there shouldn't really be any religious things in it at all. If not, then the owners of the airport should be able to put up whatever the hell they want (or not) and everybody's opinion be damned.
Posted by: BigE515

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 07:04 PM

Christmas is about religion? Ohhhhh, I thought it was about Santa, Rudolph, Frosty, carols, the smile on a child's face on christmas morning, being broke all month, eating too much, drinking too much and being with friends and family but its about religion?? Hmmmm, so lets see its been commercialized, now the religion freaks are trying to ruin it...all thats left is for politics to join in and really fuck up Christmas. :p

Merry Xmas! [Wave]

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
all thats left is for politics to join in and really fuck up Christmas. :p

Merry Xmas! [Wave]
Too late, the politicians have already been doing that.

Merry X-Mas back, you Light loving, video making fiend laugh

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 07:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]How many non-christians do you know that put up Christmas Trees??? (interfaith families with one of those faiths being Christian excluded)
Several....including myself[/b]
Well, then I guess I stand corrected.

Merry Christmas to you.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser:
[b]Rockaholic: To me, it's ALLLL about the threat of a lawsuit.

The way things *ought* to work - is the Rabbi asks nicely - and the airport realizes that they should have included all major local religions - so they put up something for everyone in a little holiday display area... Barring that, they refuse to make a change and the Rabbi makes a stink about it to the community and media and pressure from those groups makes the airport either put up the other symbols or scrap the whole thing.[/b]
Well, in a way that's what Happened - at leat the way I read the article. The threat of a lawsuit (the article never said one was filed) was the way the Rabbi made a stink about the airports refusal of his inital request to add a menorah to the display.

You can argue that the lawsuit wasn't the way to go with making a stink, but that's the way it plays out to me.

As for the ownership of an airport - they are all regulated by the FAA, some are privately owned, some are Government owned. I couldn't tell you which this particular airport is.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 07:22 PM

The guy was just shown on World News Tonight.

Said now he was receiving hate mail and threats. Seemed like his stated "intentions" were a bit different now that he realized his ass might be on the line.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 08:53 PM

As I see it, the Airport Authority did it right this year to try to avoid a big stink.(though it still happened)They did state they will re-evaluate after the first of the year. True it sucks and is PC but I guess that's the world today.
Next scenerio for you: The Airport Authority re-evaluates and decides to incorporate all major religons into various displays throughout the airport. Now what's to stop the Jehovah Witness's or other religon from claiming discrimination because they don't celebrate Christmas?

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 10:03 PM

all you jew bashers who base your opinions off one person are just as much of assholes as he is. ill have you know, that people with no serious religious affiliation are now the largest group in the country now. it is just the fuckfaces who are so hardcore that think that everyone must conform to what they think is right. You guys are doing it too. your christian websites don't put up links to jewish places or holidays. Just because you are the majority, does no mean you are the most important. assholes. i understand why you are upset, but you have to realize that the demographics in this country are always changing, and there will always be contraversy. oh and the russian guy who was jew bashing...the jews that i know are some of the hardest working poeple that i know by far. "living off welfare at 45" haha, that is just absolutely rediculous to say a culture as a whole is doing that.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by eli:
all you jew bashers who base your opinions off one person are just as much of assholes as he is. ill have you know, that people with no serious religious affiliation are now the largest group in the country now. it is just the fuckfaces who are so hardcore that think that everyone must conform to what they think is right. You guys are doing it too. your christian websites don't put up links to jewish places or holidays. Just because you are the majority, does no mean you are the most important. assholes. i understand why you are upset, but you have to realize that the demographics in this country are always changing, and there will always be contraversy. oh and the russian guy who was jew bashing...the jews that i know are some of the hardest working poeple that i know by far. "living off welfare at 45" haha, that is just absolutely rediculous to say a culture as a whole is doing that.
Whoa there Eli, no one here was "Jew bashing" the fact the guy happens to be a a man of the cloth, has absofuckinglutly nothing to do with the facts of this matter. It has to do with common sense and the need to bring politics into a season many consider the highlight of the year. ripping down X-mas trees due to the threat of being sued is the real issue here. Pissing on Santa and the elves is the issue here....lighten the fuck up and mellow out for the season is the issue here

No one is slamming the guy for being a Jew, they are slamming him for being an Idiot...correct me if I am wrong the two should not have anything to do with other ?

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 10:22 PM

Quote:
ill have you know, that people with no serious religious affiliation are now the largest group in the country now.
Link please. I guess you left that pretty vague, you can spin it a couple ways but I'd still like to see your source.

Claus, don't worry about eli. He's just pissed because he's only a T-Shirt UT fan and only wishes he could get a degree from there. laugh

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 11/12/06 10:34 PM

haha, actually i graduated from Tulane , which is a much better school than UT, especially in my two majors, so no i do not wish i was going there.

and about the number of agnostics in the country, "the greatest increase in absolute as well as in percentage terms has been among those adults who do not subscribe to any religious identification; their number has more than doubled from 14.3 million in 1990 to 29.4 million in 2001; their proportion has grown from just 8% of the total in 1990 to over 14% in 2001;" so it is not the largest, but it is become the largest single denomination very quickly. (catholic is the largest with 24%, and baptist is about the same size as agnostic with 17%, but both are also declining slowly)

source:http://www.gc.cuny.edu/faculty/research_briefs/aris/key_findings.htm

I also saw an estimate somewhere (which i will have to find) that i believe said agnostics are close to 30% now (2007)

and not everybody was jew bashing, i was reffering to a select few who made some really asshole comments. Examples:

Big daddy chia: “Is this now a valid reason to dislike Jewish people.”

AHTOXA: “Where I live I often times see Russian Jews act just like that in everyday living. Those are the same people that came here as "refugees" and are not willing to learn the language, not willing to support America and are not even willing to work at times. A lot of them sit on Welfare (older folks, but come on! 45-50 is not that old and you can still work, otherwise why are you here??) That's where my tax dollars go, and yous too...

Seeing shit like this seriously makes me ashamed of even having the word Russian associated with people like that.”

Kaiser: “Yes yes... and he expressed his wish to be included in the traditional Jewish way - by threatening a lawsuit”

I grew up in a two-religion household, with christmas and channukah growing up (but i didnt get twice the presents, don't worry), my father being jewish and mother irish catholic. learning about my family history and everything that they went through (i.e. having your entire family slaughtered), some things just rub me the wrong way. sorry i freaked out.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 03:04 AM

Airport workers get around Christmas tree tiff

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 04:34 AM

The "Winter Holiday Trees" are going back up!!

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 05:09 AM

Seems kind of ludicrous that Christians would celebrate their savior by killing trees...
Posted by: TJ

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 06:05 AM

Why kill trees to celebrate the birth of the savior?

Look, its simple.

How else do you get wood to make a cross?

Ever think of that?

laugh

Or maybe...

It all started back when the rabbits started laying eggs...Jesus really liked eggs, and they loved him so much, they made it happen.

Then, Jesus's cholesterol got out of control from too many eggs, and the bunnies felt bad...so they started hiding them, but, being very observant, Jesus was able to find them...so they started painting the eggs different colors to hide them better...and hiding them in trees.

Jesus went around cutting down the trees looking for his eggs....

So the rabbits went around decorating the trees to make it harder to see the eggs, and hung egg shaped balls all over the place to confuse Jesus...

It just got out of hand after that...

So - Now, we celebrate his first time being born with trees hung with things to confuse Jesus, and the second time by hiding eggs.

Hope that helped to clarify things.

laugh

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
Why kill trees to celebrate the birth of the savior?

Look, its simple.

How else do you get wood to make a cross?

Ever think of that?

laugh

Or maybe...

It all started back when the rabbits started laying eggs...Jesus really liked eggs, and they loved him so much, they made it happen.

Then, Jesus's cholesterol got out of control from too many eggs, and the bunnies felt bad...so they started hiding them, but, being very observant, Jesus was able to find them...so they started painting the eggs different colors to hide them better...and hiding them in trees.

Jesus went around cutting down the trees looking for his eggs....

So the rabbits went around decorating the trees to make it harder to see the eggs, and hung egg shaped balls all over the place to confuse Jesus...

It just got out of hand after that...

So - Now, we celebrate his first time being born with tree hung with things to confuse Jesus, and the second time by hiding eggs.

Hope that helped to clarify things.

laugh
rofl

It's a good thing they are all chocolate eggs nowadays!

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 07:22 AM

They come in chocolate now? How would the little fluffy yellow baby chickens hatch from a CHOCOLATE rabbit egg?

What, are you stupid?

You can't trust those goddamn bunnies....I can't believe you fell for that "Its chocolate, yeah, that's the ticket..." crap.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
They come in chocolate now? How would the little fluffy yellow baby chickens hatch from a CHOCOLATE rabbit egg?

What, are you stupid?
Hey, it happens!

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 07:38 AM

:rolleyes:

Didn't you learn anything in school?

If the boy bunny porks the girl chicken, the CHICKEN will lay the eggs with bunnies in them....so there will be no bunny eggs with chicks in them...what, they didn't teach you this stuff in Sunday School?

(I think this is a rooster here though?...so the pic is more illustrative of homosexual beastiality...or, perhaps, the rooster is getting it from a she bunny with a strap on?)

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
:rolleyes:

Didn't you learn anything in school?

If the boy bunny porks the girl chicken, the CHICKEN will lay the eggs with bunnies in them....so there will be no bunny eggs with chicks in them...what, they didn't teach you this stuff in Sunday School?

(I think this is a rooster here though?...so the pic is more illustrative of homosexual beastiality...or, perhaps, the rooster is getting it from a she bunny with a strap on?)
Then that rooster is in for one hell of a ride!

"they keep goin and goin and goin..."

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 07:48 AM

They do?

Does it hurt?

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 07:48 AM

eli - you need to calm the fuck down.

All of your "jew bashing" examples were tongue-in-cheek - or in the case of the Russian thing it was just what the guy had observed. The only truly virulent statements I've seen in this thread have come from you.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 07:54 AM

Man oh man....this thread turned HILARIOUS!!! [LOL]

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 08:03 AM

Yes, but eli went to Tulane and had two majors, so he's much smarter than you. How dare you question his intellectual superiority. Did you hear him? TULANE! Holy shit. wow.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 08:08 AM

A 'holiday' tree is a tradition that dates to before Christianity.

From the web (debate as you see fit) - perhaps the FOURLANE graduate has insight here since he thinks we're all about of anti-semitic Jew haters.

I don't hate Jews. I just hate stupid people who think they need to sue everyone because their pussies hurt.

Quote:
CHRISTMAS TREE TRADITION HAS ANCIENT ORIGINS
King Tut never saw a Christmas tree, but he would have understood the tradition which traces back long before the first Christmas, says David Robson, Extension Educator, Horticulture with the Springfield Extension Center.

The Egyptians were part of a long line of cultures that treasured and worshipped evergreens. When the winter solstice arrive, they brought green date palm leaves into their homes to symbolize life's triumph over death.

The Romans celebrated the winter solstice with a fest called Saturnalia in honor of Saturnus, the god of agriculture. They decorated their houses with greens and lights and exchanged gifts. They gave coins for prosperity, pastries for happiness, and lamps to light one's journey through life.

Centuries ago in Great Britain, woods priests called Druids used evergreens during mysterious winter solstice rituals. The Druids used holly and mistletoe as symbols of eternal life, and place evergreen branches over doors to keep away evil spirits.

Late in the Middle Ages, Germans and Scandinavians placed evergreen trees inside their homes or just outside their doors to show their hope in the forthcoming spring. Our modern Christmas tree evolved from these early traditions.

Legend has it that Martin Luther began the tradition of decorating trees to celebrate Christmas. One crisp Christmas Eve, about the year 1500, he was walking through snow-covered woods and was struck by the beauty of a group of small evergreens. Their branches, dusted with snow, shimmered in the moonlight. When he got home, he set up a little fir tree indoors so he could share this story with his children. He decorated it with candles, which he lighted in honor of Christ's birth.

The Christmas tree tradition most likely came to the United States with Hessian troops during the American Revolution, or with German immigrants to Pennsylvania and Ohio, adds Robson.

But the custom spread slowly. The Puritans banned Christmas in New England. Even as late as 1851, a Cleveland minister nearly lost his job because he allowed a tree in his church. Schools in Boston stayed open on Christmas Day through 1870, and sometimes expelled students who stayed home.

The Christmas tree market was born in 1851 when Catskill farmer Mark Carr hauled two ox sleds of evergreens into New York City and sold them all. By 1900, one in five American families had a Christmas tree, and 20 years later, the custom was nearly universal.

Christmas tree farms sprang up during the depression. Nurserymen couldn't sell their evergreens for landscaping, so they cut them for Christmas trees. Cultivated trees were preferred because they have a more symmetrical shape then wild ones.

Six species account for about 90 percent of the nation's Christmas tree trade. Scotch pine ranks first, comprising about 40 percent of the market, followed by Douglas fir which accounts for about 35 percent. The other big sellers are noble fir, white pine, balsam fir and white spruce.

Premission was granted for Internet use by --- Written by: David Robson, Extension Educator, Horticulture; Springfield Extension Center

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHRISTMAS TREE HISTORY
Did a celebration around a Christmas tree on a bitter cold Christmas Eve at Trenton, New Jersey, turn the tide for Colonial forces in 1776? According to legend, Hessian mercenaries were so reminded of home by a candlelit evergreen tree that they abandoned their guardposts to eat, drink and be merry. Washington attached that night and defeated them.

The Christmas tree has gone through a long process of development rich in many legends, says David Robson, Extension Educator, Horticulture, with the Springfield Extension Center.

Some historians trace the lighted Christmas tree to Martin Luther. He attached lighted candles to a small evergreen tree, trying to simulate the reflections of the starlit heaven -- the heaven that looked down over Bethlehem on the first Christmas Eve.

Until about 1700, the use of Christmas trees appears to have been confined to the Rhine River District. From 1700 on, when lights were accepted as part of the decorations, the Christmas tree was well on its way to becoming a tradition in Germany. Then the tradition crossed the Atlantic with the Hessian soldiers.

Some people trace the origin of the Christmas tree to an earlier period. Even before the Christian era, trees and boughs were used for ceremonials. Egyptians, in celebrating the winter solstice -- the shortest day of the year -- brought green date palms into their homes as a symbol of "life triumphant over death". When the Romans observed the feast of saturn, part of the ceremony was the raising of an evergreen bough. The early Scandinavians were said to have paid homage to the fir tree.

To the Druids, sprigs of evergreen holly in the house meant eternal life; while to the Norsemen, they symbolized the revival of the sun god Balder. To those inclined toward superstition, branches of evergreens placed over the door kept out witches, ghosts, evil spirits and the like.

This use does not mean that our Christmas tree custom evolved solely from paganism, any more than did some of the present-day use of sighed in various religious rituals.

Trees and branches can be made purposeful as well as symbolic. The Christmas tree is a symbol of a living Christmas spirit and brings into our lives a pleasant aroma of the forest. The fact that balsam fir twigs, more than any other evergreen twigs, resemble crosses may have had much to do with the early popularity of balsam fir used as Christmas trees.

Written by: David Robson Extension Educator, Horticulture Springfield Extension Center

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 08:13 AM

Quote:
haha, actually i graduated from Tulane , which is a much better school than UT, especially in my two majors, so no i do not wish i was going there.
Last I checked, Tulane has a team... why not cheer for them? You should never put your T-shirt school over your alma mater. That's why ND instantly became #2 for me. [Smoking]
Quote:
and about the number of agnostics in the country, "the greatest increase in absolute as well as in percentage terms has been among those adults who do not subscribe to any religious identification; their number has more than doubled from 14.3 million in 1990 to 29.4 million in 2001; their proportion has grown from just 8% of the total in 1990 to over 14% in 2001;" so it is not the largest, but it is become the largest single denomination very quickly. (catholic is the largest with 24%, and baptist is about the same size as agnostic with 17%, but both are also declining slowly)

source:http://www.gc.cuny.edu/faculty/research_briefs/aris/key_findings.htm
That's kind of a weak site, I always question .edu links. When in doubt, wikipedia comes in handy for things like that. It has a great break down: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_United_States#Religious_affiliation
Nobody's arguing what's increasing or what's declining, but I think you'll find that agnostics and athiests are in the vast minority on this country with whatever site you use. They already got their way with government buildings, but it's absurd for any public place to feel threatened with their choice. It's their decision.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 08:25 AM

Knock it off you "Jew Bashers".

Eli is here to straighten you out with false information and politically correct emotions.

You white people aren't allowed to question the actions of any Jewish person. Especially if those actions are against any perceived symbol related to the evil Christians.

The only ones allowed to "Jew bash" are Muslims and dammit .... Eli will defend their right to hate Jews and even kill them.

Haven't you people learned the rules of political correctness yet? One of it's enforcers, Eli, is now here to set all of you straight.

[Freak]

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 08:26 AM

I'm a dyslexic agnostic...is there a Dog?

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 08:33 AM

Quote:
I'm a dyslexic agnostic...is there a Dog?
The joke goes:

"Have you heard the one about the dyslexic agnostic insomniac?"
"He stays up all night wondering if there's a dog"
-Naked Lunch

Other funny ones:
"I swear to god i'm athiest!"
"Atheism is a non-profit organization"
[LOL]

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Knock it off you "Jew Bashers".

Eli is here to straighten you out with false information and politically correct emotions.

You white people aren't allowed to question the actions of any Jewish person. Especially if those actions are against any perceived symbol related to the evil Christians.

The only ones allowed to "Jew bash" are Muslims and dammit .... Eli will defend their right to hate Jews and even kill them.

Haven't you people learned the rules of political correctness yet? One of it's enforcers, Eli, is now here to set all of you straight.

[Freak]
jew's aren't white?, what race are they?
Posted by: RReuscher

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 09:08 AM

If I remember right, isn't Hanukkah a minor Jewish holiday? Hasn't the importance of this holiday grown in the last few years mostly because of the time of the year it occurs, and has been used as a political big stick?
Posted by: babyX

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 09:09 AM

Quote:
(this isn't directed at you, Rockaholic, but your commented provides a jumping-off point. When I say "you", I don't mean you, personally)

It's not about assuming you share the same belief system, it's about sharing their own with you. If that person is concentrated on Christmas as their celebration, it seems only natural to me to wish others a merry Christmas. It's also a fairly innocuous method of sharing that belief. People tend to bristle when Christians proclaim their belief in Christ, whether they knock on the door or stand on street corners preaching: "Oh geez, another Bible-thumper telling me I'm going to hell." I'm not a Bible-thumper, nor am I a door-knocker, but I will do what I can to represent my faith. And if that means wishing folks a merry Christmas instead of happy holidays, then that's what I'll do. If I offend someone or they reply with greetings representing another faith, then that opens up an opportunity for me to talk to them about it and for us to share our perspectives peacefully. It's not about shoving it down your throat, it's about sharing what we know to be true.

Edited to add: That being said, I understand that there are extremists out there, as there are in every religion, wanting to shove Christ down your throats. I don't condone said behaviour, nor am I trying to endorse or excuse it.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 09:18 AM

Quote:

jew's aren't white?, what race are they?
Sure they are white. You are missing the entire facetious point. [Freak]

You are supposed to find racism everywhere. If you are someone like Eli, you accuse people of racism and bigotry everywhere... even in the "Tailgate Forum" when discussing quarterbacks.

Only white people are racist and bigots. At least according to the rules you only accuse white people of being racists and bigots. Don't you know anything about political correctness and advancing the tyranny of the minority?

[Freak]

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RReuscher:
If I remember right, isn't Hanukkah a minor Jewish holiday? Hasn't the importance of this holiday grown in the last few years mostly because of the time of the year it occurs, and has been used as a political big stick?
That is probably true.

Let's also not discount the popularity of "Hanukkah Harry".

[LOL]

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 09:40 AM

Had to do it..... [LOL] Thanks Adam Sandler!!!

Okay...
This is a song that uhh..
Theres a lot of christmas songs out there and uhh..
Not too many chanukah songs.
So uhh..
I wrote a song for all those nice little jewish kids who dont get to hear any chanukah songs.
Here we go...

Put on your yarmulke
Here comes chanukah
So much funukah
To celebrate chanukah
Chanukah is the festival of lights
Instead of one day of presents, we have eight crazy nights

When you feel like the only kid in town without a christmas tree
Heres a list of people who are jewish just like you and me
David lee roth lights the menorah
So do james caan, kirk douglas, and the late dinah shore-ah

Guess who eats together at the carnegie deli
Bowser from sha na na and arthur fonzerelli
Paul newmans half jewish, goldie hawns half too
Put them together, what a fine lookin jew

You dont need deck the halls or jingle bell rock
cause you can spin a dreidel with captain kirk and mr. spock- both jewish

Put on your yarmulke
Its time for chanukah
The owner of the seattle supersonicahs
Celebrates chanukah

O.j. simpson, not a jew
But guess who is? hall of famer rod carew- he converted
We got ann landers and her sister dear abby
Harrison fords a quarter jewish- not too shabby

Some people think that ebenezer scrooge is
Well hes not, but guess who is
All three stooges
So many jews are in showbiz
Tom cruise isnt, but I heard his agent is

Tell your friend veronica
Its time to celebrate chanukah
I hope I get a harmonicah
Oh this lovely, lovely chanukah
So drink your gin and tonicah
And smoke your marijuanikah
If you really, really wannakah
Have a happy, happy, happy, happy chanukah
Happy chanukah

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by babyX:
Quote:
[b]I have no problem with someone wishing me a Merry Christmas, but I have often wondered why people who may nor know me at all would just assume I share the same religous belief that they have.
(this isn't directed at you, Rockaholic, but your commented provides a jumping-off point. When I say "you", I don't mean you, personally)

It's not about assuming you share the same belief system, it's about sharing their own with you. If that person is concentrated on Christmas as their celebration, it seems only natural to me to wish others a merry Christmas. It's also a fairly innocuous method of sharing that belief. People tend to bristle when Christians proclaim their belief in Christ, whether they knock on the door or stand on street corners preaching: "Oh geez, another Bible-thumper telling me I'm going to hell." I'm not a Bible-thumper, nor am I a door-knocker, but I will do what I can to represent my faith. And if that means wishing folks a merry Christmas instead of happy holidays, then that's what I'll do. If I offend someone or they reply with greetings representing another faith, then that opens up an opportunity for me to talk to them about it and for us to share our perspectives peacefully. It's not about shoving it down your throat, it's about sharing what we know to be true.

Edited to add: That being said, I understand that there are extremists out there, as there are in every religion, wanting to shove Christ down your throats. I don't condone said behaviour, nor am I trying to endorse or excuse it.[/b]
The PC people are taking this way too far. Saying Merry Christmas to someone should not be taken as offensive.

But, since it's being thrust upon us, I will take the bait. Instead of wishing anyone a 'merry christmas' or 'happy holidays', I'll just say: 'Fuck you. Have a nice day."

But then the people who don't believe in 'nice' days because their religion prevents them in partaking in or condoning anything nice will be on my ass telling me I've offended them. And then the Antiniceism religious zealots will threaten to sue me.

At that point, I'll just be forced to shorten my greeting to 'Fuck you.' People in EVERY religion fuck, so this should be fully acceptable and not found offensive by anyone.

So....

Fuck you. laugh

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 12:22 PM

You know how there's an unspoken rule that all the adults pretend there's a Santa Claus and an Easter Bunny to kids, and no one lets the cat out of the bag out of respect for the beliefs of the kids, and the magic it has for them?

If you do not believe in Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny, or that Jesus was the Son of God, etc...or in the Miracle of Lights that Hannukah celebrates, or that eating a cheese burger is morally wrong, etc...

Would it kill you to just play along like you do for the kids?

laugh

Its a basic courtesy, don't rain on their parade...its their parade.

laugh

If someone tells me to have a nice Shabey Yaldah (sic), even though I'm not Iranaian, I don't feel a need to tell them that I have somehow rejected their greeting, I CAN have a nice Shabey Yaldah, even if I have no idea what it means...a day's a day, call it what you will.

If I say have a merry X-mas...even if you are Muslim, it should be the same...we call the day X-mas...have a merry one...if you have a problem being merry, that's a separate issue, perhaps more serious.

laugh

Muslims greet me with Salaam Alekiem (sic), I might reply with Alekiem Salaam...its just being polite.

If I later find that Salaam Alekeim means "I have the bombs", and Alekeim Salaam means "And I the fuses...", so be it....

...I don't have to have the fuses, and the Muslims don't have to believe that Jesus was more than a prophet...its just a salutation, and a wish for a nice day.

laugh

S0 just agree to have a happy hannukah, a merry x-mas, a roudy ramadon, a not so shabby yaldah, or whatever....and do not be an asshat and rain on the parades.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 01:52 PM

How could this dumbass Rabbi not know his outlandish request would result in what it has? Shame on him not to recognize what a religious symbol is (not a fucking x-mas tree)! I'm Catholic and I don't expect the rest of the world to recognize my Christmas beliefs. Nor would I go to a public place and request they put up a nativity scene. I think the airport handled the situation perfectly as much of a shame it was.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 01:55 PM

How many of you get hammered on Cinco De Mayo? (mexican independence day - are you from Mexico?)

How about going to Mardi Gras and enjoying Fat Tuesday (a very christian tradition)?

Arbor day? (are you a tree hugger?)

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
How many of you get hammered on Cinco De Mayo? (mexican independence day - are you from Mexico?)
I've never celebrated that day. I don't think too many people do that are north of the border states. Is it a big thing down there?

I will however be getting hammered when the United States gains it's independence from Mexico.... if that ever happens.

By the way.... is a soldering iron a valid symbol of Kwanzaa?

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 02:36 PM

As you can imagine, Cinco de Mayo is HUGE in Arizona. It's a good day to get cheap Coronas and Margaritas.....

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:

If I later find that Salaam Alekeim means "I have the bombs", and Alekeim Salaam means "And I the fuses...", so be it....
That...was....AWESOME [Spit] [Spit] [LOL]

- on a serious note....
when I was in the Cub Scouts way back when, they taught us to be 'reverent' of other people's religions. Our scout master said he was with some muslims or one of those groups that does a lot of kneeling and bowing and when it was time to pray he joined them and kneeled and bowed right along with them - not because he believed in their God or religious practices - but to show respect for their beliefs/practices... maybe to try to understand them a bit better... or maybe just so he didn't look like a tool as the one guy in the mosque sitting indian-style picking his nose.

These little gestures cost you nothing and can create a great deal of goodwill between different groups.
Posted by: p.i.n.o.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 03:01 PM

Cinco de mayo is not Mexican Indepence day (which is actually September 16) but the commemoration of the Battle of Puebla where Mexican forces defeated the occupying French forces on May 5, 1862. Although defeating the French really isn't something to brag about. laugh

Anyways, the only reason I get hammered on cinco de mayo is because it's my birthday.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 03:02 PM

Cinco de Mayo, 2000 is the day I bought my Xterra laugh
Posted by: socalpunx

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 03:11 PM

Quote:
[b]"The Night before Kwanzaa"

[/b]
Dude, you don't even know how bad "Karenga" is. Ron Everett, the woman torturing sadist, was on presidents boards and a professor at CSULB heading the ethnic studies department. There is no more racist fraud in this entire country. shocked

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 04:43 PM

Believe it or not, Christmas is a fairly unimportant christian holiday. Just as unimportant as Chaunnukah. The most (or at least "more") important holidays in the respective religions are Easter and Passover. Of course, nobody but the most observant of the religious treat them as such. I know I don't. Besides, if it really was a celebration of the birth of Christ if would be in July. Which is fine by me, I could stand to get presents in the summer and party like it's Saturnalia in the winter.

BabyX- I got no problem with christians. I have a problem with prosteletyzing. I even have a problem with this rabbi giving a shit what the goyim do incorrectly in the name of their religion. But enough is enough already.

It's like an annoying commercial.

Christ-on! Apply directly to the forehead!

I'm thinking of a number between 480 and 850.... its 666 and you're going to burn!

So easy, even a sinner could do it.

I lost 180 pounds by eating three six-inch Jesuses a day.

j-j-j- Jesus!

It's more than a man can bear.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MattyX:
Believe it or not, Christmas is a fairly unimportant christian holiday.
I'm Christian and would agree with that. Christmas is a more of a commercial holiday. Just compare the attendance to the mall compared to church. I've never seen a lineup in front of church for people to get in, but this time year, there's a lineup in front of Walmart every morning.

Apparently we are suppose to celebrate the birth of Jesus on December 25th. Most houses I know (including mine) only have gifts under the tree, no nativity scene. There's actually nothing in my house representing religion, but it sure looks like christmas.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by babyX:
this isn't directed at you, Rockaholic, but your commented provides a jumping-off point. When I say "you", I don't mean you, personally)

It's not about assuming you share the same belief system, it's about sharing their own with you...It's not about shoving it down your throat, it's about sharing what we know to be true.

Edited to add: That being said, I understand that there are extremists out there, as there are in every religion, wanting to shove Christ down your throats. I don't condone said behaviour, nor am I trying to endorse or excuse it.
Good points.

Personally, I think part of this discussion has been because of the "war on Christmas" being shoved down our throats.
Kind of like when those Jehovah witnesses knock on my door and keep trying to sell me their religion, when all I want to do is enjoy the football game on TV. I can accept that is selfish of me, but I try to be nice when I slam the dorr shut in their face. wink

Some people take their religion and personal beliefs seriously, I can respect that. Some people (like my mother) take Christamas way too seriously. I just don't think taking your religion seriously excuses bashing someone else for their beliefs.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 06:24 PM

My niece was playing with the figures from the nativity set on the kitchen table...and a toy Pillsbury Dough Boy.

We overhear this:

"Wake up Baby Jesus, Santa Claus is here!"

That niece has a kid in middle school now a days, and I still smile when I remember that line.

laugh

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 07:04 PM

And - I don't think its so much a war on Christmas, as a rebellion against exclusion.

I don't think the pagans (non-christians?) feel its fair that its expected that they observe christian customs...and not expected for christians to give THEIR customs equal weight.

We are typically against a religion based government, like a middle eastern govenment based upon Islam, because we think THEY should have a secular government based upon modern laws, not on Islamic Laws.

THEY say, No, we are pretty much all Muslims, and our religeon is so important to us, that we MUST base our government on Islamic principles.

Meanwhile - WE start acting as if OUR government should be Christian, as most of us are Christian, and the rest of them should STFU and assimilate.

I think we're all the same...we ALL (Statistically...) feel that OUR religeon is reasonable, and that its reasonable for others to just accept it.

The problems seem to stem from conflicting views as to WHAT religeon is the one EVERYONE has to follow to avoid trouble...no one is ever willing to submit.....because THEIR view is the reasonable one....and the OTHER guys views are alien and scary.

laugh

So - we have a public place with saxonic coniferous confluence conflicted with radical rabinical requests for rapport raised in reaction to repeated rebuffs.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 12/12/06 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunx:

Quote:
[b][b]"The Night before Kwanzaa"

[/b]
Dude, you don't even know how bad "Karenga" is. Ron Everett, the woman torturing sadist, was on presidents boards and a professor at CSULB heading the ethnic studies department. There is no more racist fraud in this entire country. shocked [/b]
Believe me... I am well aware of Ron Karenga, his history, and the complete fraud that is "Kwanzaa".

The sad reality is that this fraud is being advanced by a corrupt media and a corrupt education establishment in this country.

Every kid in America is being taught about Kwanzaa. They are taught everything but the truth.

It's nice to know that you know. There is yet still some hope for California. [ThumbsUp]
Posted by: Paul H

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 13/12/06 03:36 AM

Fuckin religion

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 13/12/06 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul H:
Fuckin religion
Sounds good, where's the church?

laugh
Posted by: Mobycat

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 13/12/06 06:04 AM

Quote:
Besides, if it really was a celebration of the birth of Christ if would be in July.
I was always under the impression it was sometime in March.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 13/12/06 06:10 AM

They don't even know what year, let alone what month or day. 12/25 was picked to coincide with prior pagan celebration dates, so as to diffuse/replace the pagan practice.

Hell, there's pretty much no record of Jesus's childhood...he's born with fan fare and wise men with gifts and stars shining brightly yadda yadda yadda, and then - apparently the next morning, the gifts are gone, the wise man are gone, and no one pays any mind to the lad, until he becomes an adult...when, BAM, he is The Saviour, yadda yadda yadda....

So don't worry about his birthday, if any one would understand you missing it, you'd think it would be Jesus for Christs Sake.

laugh

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 13/12/06 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
[b]Besides, if it really was a celebration of the birth of Christ if would be in July.
I was always under the impression it was sometime in March.[/b]
"Heeeey Peter, I can see your House from here"
Posted by: Mobycat

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 13/12/06 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
apparently the next morning, the gifts are gone, the wise man are gone, and no one pays any mind to the lad,
See what happens when you have a cash bar?
Posted by: BigE515

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 13/12/06 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul H:
[b]Fuckin religion
Sounds good, where's the church?

laugh [/b]
What are you a Priest Pee-Pee Toucher too?!? I thought I saw you on the news! :p

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 16/12/06 01:56 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TJ:
he's born with fan fare and wise men with gifts and stars shining brightly yadda yadda yadda

I thought the wise men didn't find him until he was a young boy? Then again... what do we have to go off? A passed down story to someone else to write, and who knows how many translations later....

About the unimportant holidy bit... I'd like to meet 1 girl that doesn't feel that way. I swear every girl I mention I don't celebrate holidays too, either freaks out and yells at me *sigh*, or proceeds to tell me she could never raise her children without Christmas in their life. :| Dear lord woman, I just bought you a drink, and wanted to get you in bed... not give you kids!

Commercialized holidays shall rule the world, and Hallmark will reap the rewards! laugh

I love the origin of the tree bit, never fails to make me laugh. Some dude was looking to make a buck and look what he started.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 17/12/06 10:15 PM

Ironically: Chanukah is a holiday that not only celebrates a oil-lasting-8-days miracle... but also celebrates religious freedom won in a guerilla war.

The issue in Seattle airport: The supreme court ruled Christmas trees and menorahs are secular items. They are not religious in and of themselves. However, the good rebbe wanted to hold a religious ceremony to light the menorah.
That would then make the menorah into a religious symbol. So then the big mess would ensue.

Re: "Mommy, why are they killing X-mas?" - 17/12/06 10:30 PM

From the days when I went to CSULB (Go Beach!) to now as I still enjoy living in Long Beach, I can honestly say that I don't know anyone who doesn't think that the "king of Kwanza" is anything but a complete and utter 'tard.

Outside of those in his department, students who needed grades and letters of recommendation and/or those who are incapable of voicing opinions without fear of someone accusing them of not being PC, that is.