How to double your mileage

Posted by: BigE515

How to double your mileage - 05/06/07 06:41 PM

LINK

[Uh Oh !]
Posted by: Kaiser

Re: How to double your mileage - 05/06/07 06:46 PM

I started drinking a little bit of acetone every morning with my breakfast and it doubled my penis size.... HONEST!!!! [Uh Oh !]

Re: How to double your mileage - 05/06/07 07:11 PM

So you're up to an inch then? :p
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: How to double your mileage - 05/06/07 07:32 PM

i wonder if people actually believe this or if someone's gona try it here. who's gona be the first?

Re: How to double your mileage - 05/06/07 07:36 PM

Shhhh, I want to see what the Acetone does.

Re: How to double your mileage - 05/06/07 08:07 PM

Didn't they try this on Mythbusters?
Posted by: GrnXnham

Re: How to double your mileage - 05/06/07 09:25 PM

Yep, it was on Mythbusters.

It did nothing for mileage.
Posted by: XPLORx4

Re: How to double your mileage - 05/06/07 09:25 PM

Guys, don't bother trying w/ Acetone. Over the course of about 6 months, I tried various amounts of the stuff in 2 different cars, and I didn't notice any statistically significant trend toward better mileage.

On the other hand, I found that Acetone makes a great incendiary weed remover, and doesn't leave any black burn marks on the driveway. [Smoking]
Posted by: Samueul

Re: How to double your mileage - 06/06/07 05:46 AM

Acetone will over time destroy seals and gaskets in your car. I'd never run that shit in a vehicle long term, no matter the gas mileage benefit.

As stated before, it doesn't do a damn thing anyway.

Re: How to double your mileage - 06/06/07 08:05 AM

Hmph. OK, I actually just watched the video on the link. [LOL] Totally misleading! Did you notice that he reached for the DIESEL fuel nozzle (green)? What kind of car did that guy drive? Everything mentioned in the video BEFORE talking about acetone is true.

Hey guys! I doubled my gas mileage by keeping my tires aired up from 20psi to 32psi, taking off my bull bar winch, roof rack, sliders, seats, and spare tire! I also took out the home gym I had been carrying around for the last 4 months. Wow! What a difference!

Then, I removed the doors and hood, cut off the rear clip and roof, and now I can run the quarter mile in 14.3! [Laughing]

Re: How to double your mileage - 06/06/07 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XPLORx4:
Hmph. OK, I actually just watched the video on the link. [LOL] Totally misleading! Did you notice that he reached for the DIESEL fuel nozzle (green)? What kind of car did that guy drive?
Umm... It was a BP. ALL their nozzles are green...

Re: How to double your mileage - 06/06/07 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XPLORx4:
Hmph. OK, I actually just watched the video on the link. [LOL] Totally misleading! Did you notice that he reached for the DIESEL fuel nozzle (green)? What kind of car did that guy drive? Everything mentioned in the video BEFORE talking about acetone is true.

Hey guys! I [b]doubled
my gas mileage by keeping my tires aired up from 20psi to 32psi, taking off my bull bar winch, roof rack, sliders, seats, and spare tire! I also took out the home gym I had been carrying around for the last 4 months. Wow! What a difference!

Then, I removed the doors and hood, cut off the rear clip and roof, and now I can run the quarter mile in 14.3! [Laughing] [/b]
And you now get 18 MPG, right? laugh

Re: How to double your mileage - 06/06/07 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
And you now get 18 MPG, right? laugh
Haha. LOL. Yeah. [Too much XOC]

porsche- green pumps. BP. Got it. I was thrown off by the big "Mobil" sign at the start of the video.

Looks like he's driving an Acura TL. His original MPG of 17 is abyssmal. That car was severely out of tune!