I have GOBO on the brain.

Posted by: mineralblue

I have GOBO on the brain. - 02/01/07 12:22 PM

Does anyone have any experience with a gobo machine?

Click HERE for an example of what a gobo is...

For our wedding, we are interested in getting our hands on a gobo machine, and would be very interested in having a custom gobo design made.
Posted by: Mobycat

Re: I have GOBO on the brain. - 02/01/07 12:35 PM

Custom gobos can be pricey.

For a decent one, expect to pay minimum $100 just for the first cookie (should include the setup fee).

Just be sure you have the right size made for the machine.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: I have GOBO on the brain. - 02/01/07 12:41 PM

I never thought that I would see this topic here. Gobos is what I do. We sell gobos and lights to put them in. What are you trying to do? Where are you located?

PM or e-mail me for more info!

Re: I have GOBO on the brain. - 02/01/07 02:16 PM

WTH is a GOBO? Looks like a glorified BatSignal.

Re: I have GOBO on the brain. - 02/01/07 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XterraAdam:
WTH is a GOBO? Looks like a glorified BatSignal.
In Layman's terms, yes laugh
They rock, the AV company I work for does them all the time for our big shows...corporate logos, interesting designs fun stuff laugh

Re: I have GOBO on the brain. - 02/01/07 03:09 PM

Mineralblue, your PM box is full and I can't message you back. There are company's in Houston that you can rent lights from. I can have the gobos made and sent to you to put in the rental lights.
Posted by: xterrapin

Re: I have GOBO on the brain. - 02/01/07 03:12 PM

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but I've seen this at Ikea for fifty bucks:

They come with interchangeable color AND pattern screens.

Re: I have GOBO on the brain. - 02/01/07 03:13 PM

If you were getting married in Austin, I would loan the light and gobo tray, to you...

the gobos can be cut at several companies, but Rosco has a laser-cutting outlet in Round Rock which makes it super convenient for me to get stuff done on quick turn-around.

remember that distance and placement are key to doing it right... in other words... these babys get RED hot and you don't want anyone touching it... and where you aim it, needs to be within a reasonable distance and perpendicular(mostly) to get the desired result.
Posted by: kirby34

Re: I have GOBO on the brain. - 03/01/07 05:11 AM

Haha. When I read the subject line, I thought you were talking about the Japanese root vegetable (aka burdock).

Sorry, now back to your original programming.
Posted by: mineralblue

Re: I have GOBO on the brain. - 03/01/07 07:34 AM

Cleaned out my PM box...

MXO Chris & wxrman... sent ya both PMs!

Austin's not beyond a Sunday drive for me... we drive to the Austin area every now and then to get bargains at the San Marcos outlets... I would definitely be interested in borrowing the light and tray for our wedding...

Working on a tight budget for our wedding, I appreciate any help or advice from all of you guys!
Posted by: GrayHam

Re: I have GOBO on the brain. - 03/01/07 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
Working on a tight budget for our wedding, I appreciate any help or advice from all of you guys!