And black people wonder why people look down upon them

Posted by: Big Daddy Chia

And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 02:11 PM

So I know Juneteenth isnt a celebration in every state but they celebrate it in Texas every year. Well yesterday during the celebration a minor accident happened and a little girl was accidently hit by a car. Ill let you read the story. And for a little insight, the neighborhood this happened is predominetly black, and this is a black celebration

Quote:
A group of men fatally beat a passenger in a car that police said accidentally struck a child outside an East Austin apartment complex, police said today.

As many as 3,000 people were in the area following a Juneteenth celebration at the time, officials said. Austin police Cmdr. Harold Piatt estimated that dozens were in the parking lot of the Booker T. Washington apartment complex at the time and that preliminary information shows no witnesses apparently tried to prevent or stop the attack.

"At this point, we aren't aware that any person did anything to stop the assault or prevent the injuries," he said.

Piatt said investigators are still trying to question people who might have seen the attack.

Police said officers responded to a "person down" call at 9:30 p.m. and that when they arrived, they found David Rivas Morales, 40, with trauma to his body. He was taken to Brackenridge Hospital and pronounced dead.

Investigators said the assault apparently occurred after the driver of the car struck a child in a parking lot at 900 Thompson St. The child, a 3-year-old boy, was treated for injuries that were not life-threatening.

Witnesses told investigators that a group of men assaulted Morales when he stepped out of the car to try to stop the crowd from assaulting the driver, who had gotten out of the car. Piatt said it was unclear if the driver was aware he'd struck the child.

The driver, whose name has not been released, was able to leave the area in the car. Police later found him and the car.

"This is an anomaly for Austin, Piatt said. "When you have someone just beaten to death in a parking lot."

Morales' sister, Margaret Morales, who lives in an apartment complex where the incident happened, said her brother was riding home with a man she knew only as "Victor" from a painting job. She said a child came to her door shortly after the incident and told her what happened.

Morales said that when she showed up at the scene, she found her brother bleeding from the head.

"He was a loving, caring man," Margaret Morales said as she fought back tears while standing on her porch. "I don't know why anyone would want to do this; I can't imagine him gone out of our lives forever."

Anyone with information is asked to call CrimeStoppers at 477-3588.

"We know we had a number of folks who saw something," Piatt said. "Hopefully there are some good Samaritans who are as upset about we are about what happened."

Posted by: Anonymous

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 02:15 PM

And this is an indictment of an entire race of people in what way?

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 02:27 PM

C'mon, buddy. You can do it. Break it down for us.
Posted by: TJ

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 02:44 PM

Maybe its really the hispanic's fault...I mean, he probably started to beat these innocent bystanders' fists and feet with his face and body, luckily, none of them seemed to have been hurt during his brutal assault...I mean, its got to hurt like hell if someone attackes you, and beats your boots with his kidneys.

Naturally, no one saw any of the BYSTANDERS doing any beating, as they were obviously the innocent victims of his raging kidneys, etc.

This explains the lack of witnesses, the authorities, being racists, asked the wrong questions, having made racist assumptions about the affair.

As this happens in every neighborhood, everywhere in the world, every day...I'm surprised the media even reported it, after all, its obviously a universal component of the races involved.

laugh
Posted by: KJ_dragon

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 02:54 PM

Reminds me of this...
Posted by: NY Madman

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:
And this is an indictment of an entire race of people in what way?
Quote:
C'mon, buddy. You can do it. Break it down for us.
Yeah, that's it .... You tell him. I can see now why Shahram means "The King's Obedient Subject".

While you are at it, also throw in something to remind everyone that Muslims have nothing to do with terrorism.

In the meantime, we'll read up on other 'Juneteenth' beatings in another city...

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 03:09 PM

I'm listening to our local talk radio the other day and a black guy calls in about a an officer involved shooting of a black man and pretty much said if justice isnt served they wiil riot.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 03:14 PM

By the way, my name doesn't mean "The King's Obedient Servant", snuffy. But whatever, you scholar, you.

I just want to hear why this incident is an indictment of an entire race of people. I want to hear Big Daddy Chia say "Black people as a race deserve to be looked down upon because of this incident." It's what was intended in the title. Don't beat around the bush. Don't try to relate it to something with which you think you can get these nincompoops to rally behind you. Just say "All black people deserve to be lumped together with violent assholes like these."

It's simple. Just let Big Daddy Chia defend himself, and you can go back to jacking off to dead Iraqi pictures.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 03:29 PM

Why would I need to defend my self. IN my business I meet very few educated black people. Very few. Most of them are ignorant, dumb asses who think they deserve something in life because there relatives were slaves at one point in time. SOme times I'd rather have the mexicans here. At least they get off their asses and work instead of collecting welfare checks. They at least wnat a chance at a better life. Most black people dont care and would rathe pop out babies by 10 different daddies so they keep gettin that check.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 03:33 PM

And your experience with black people is indicative of the entire race in what way?

Do you see where you're going with this?
Posted by: Samueul

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Chia:
Why would I need to defend my self. IN my business I meet very few educated black people. Very few. Most of them are ignorant, dumb asses who think they deserve something in life because there relatives were slaves at one point in time. SOme times I'd rather have the mexicans here. At least they get off their asses and work instead of collecting welfare checks. They at least wnat a chance at a better life. Most black people dont care and would rathe pop out babies by 10 different daddies so they keep gettin that check.
I know it's easy to fall into the belief of that stereotype, especially if you work in a field were you are exposed to it daily, but being married into a black family, I can tell you that out of all my in-laws, a good many people mind you, I only have 4 that fit your bill and one of the four is white.

No offense either Chia, but you just described a good portion of the people in West Virginia that I have been exposed to, and they weren't dark skinned.

What doesn't help the "black" population in this country is things like the L.A. riots, New Orleans, Juneteenth etc....

I think there is still a lot of fear in this country derived from race. Some in the black community battle that ingrown fear by thumbing their noses at the system, some cower, and some rise above it. Some are just assholes, skin color not withstanding.

I was driving my father in law to the store (he's old school black) and I ran a stop sign and got pulled over. You would have thought I murdered someone, the way Jerry was acting when that cop rolled up to my door. I told the officer I didn't see the sign and he let me go with a warning. Jerry couldn't believe it. He really was afraid. A 62 year old man, afraid! I don't walk in his shoes, so I don't know, but that fear was real man. I felt pretty bad for him. Things like that just cement the belief that white people are treated better than blacks in this country. According to him, he's never gotten let off with a warning. I always get let off with a warning. Do I feel bad about being white? Hell no, but there is definitely some major cultural shit attributing to the way some ethnic groups act, and once again, some are just plain assholes.

I guess it depends where you are etc.
Posted by: GrnXnham

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 03:50 PM

This incident doesn't have anything to do with race.

It's just a mob mentality. Most people tend to be very protective of small children, so when people in this mob saw someone injuring a small child, violence erupted. When a child is injured, emotions get out of control and all reasoning goes out the window, regardless of your race.

And usually when a mob starts to get violent, there are very few people brave enough to try to put a stop to it for fear of getting hurt themselves.
Posted by: Auditor_Kevin

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 04:42 PM

We've had this happen with much greater frequency here in Chicago. Someone accidentally hits a pedestrian in a horrible neighborhood and they're pulled from their car and either beaten to death or close to it. And of course there are never any witnesses.

This is becoming a real issue in black neighborhoods across the country. To sit there and play the "I don't see no race" card is just plain dumb. There's a common theme here - and it's that they're usually black mobs.

The "leaders" of the black community need to step up and address this. That is, of course, if they aren't too busy with radio DJs that nobody listened to anyway.

If any of these victims aren't black, what are the odds of the attackers getting tried under hate crime laws?

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 05:27 PM

Yeah, if only we could go back to the good old days when white people could form mobs and tar, feather, hang or burn blacks....I mean, a mob of angry white people, outraged that a darkie would consider buying in their neighborhood, or looking at their womenfolk...

Mobs of white people, killing black people, as god intended.

laugh
Posted by: Kaiser

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 05:35 PM

Look, while an incident like this does not give you an excuse to make blanket statements about all blacks, it would be foolish to ignore the fact that this was done by low class black people because of a fear of being labeled as a racist.

My experience has shown me that while not all blacks are robbers and not all middle easterners are suicide bombers, I'm much more likely to be robbed or bombed by someone "of color"... and I refuse to apologize for having noticed the trend and for being a bit more wary of them because of it.

If I meet a black person in a business or social situation, I'll give them the same respect and benefit-of-the-doubt that I give to everyone else... but if I see a group of 'em wearing basketball jerseys I'm walking to the other side of the damn street.
Posted by: BurgPath

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GrnXnham:
This incident doesn't have anything to do with race.

It's just a mob mentality.
BS
Race and lack of education.

Whens the last time this happened in a white neighborhood? Oh yeah, maybe its because we could never have a WHITE holiday/celebration.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgPath:
Whens the last time this happened in a white neighborhood? Oh yeah, maybe its because we could never have a WHITE holiday/celebration.
What the fuck are you talking about?

I don't remember Bing Crosby dreamin' about no Black Christmas!

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 06:20 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by GrnXnham:
[b]This incident doesn't have anything to do with race.

It's just a mob mentality.
BS
Race and lack of education.

Whens the last time this happened in a white neighborhood? Oh yeah, maybe its because we could never have a WHITE holiday/celebration.[/b]
Ever heard of an angry riot/mob in Chinatown?

Me neither.
[Finger]
Posted by: NismoXse02

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 06:34 PM

I'm glad this made the news. Let's see how Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson handle this. :rolleyes:

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 06:39 PM

The Boxer Rebellion was pretty violent.

The French Revolution was also pretty much a violent mob affair, etc...

Its human nature to feel repressed anger that builds, and then explodes, when under duress.

If a group is feeling like no one in power cares about them, then they have resentment...and look to get even and or revolt, etc.

Now, obviously, no one would say that only white people in France, or the Chinese in China, or the Americans in America (Boston Tea parties, etc...mobs revolting...) are representing THEIR RACE..they're representing their outrage.

The Japanese bitched about the damn Chinese rioting, the French Monarchy bitched about the damn peasants, the British (And the Mets...) bitched about the damn yankees, etc...

And, as no race is composed of cookie cutter clones, they all have individuals, of various objectives and morals.

American Indians were raised to consider horse stealing as a normal opportunistic chore...we viewed it as a hanging offense.

The boys in the hood consider dope in the same light, etc...

People without money include idiots who just can't cope with the world, and the unlucky...and the opportunistic.

Survival is a strong instinct...people are really good at finding ways to survive.

If there's a riot, well, get a tv...etc.

Its what happened in every country throughout history...you take their shit when you can...during the French revolution, shops were looted, things were vandalized, etc...same thing.

So - the obvious point is that some people will take advantage of your inattention to their own advantage...and others won't.

Obviously, during a mass protest...there's a mass protest...the masses are busy protesting...the REST of the locals, the opportunists, are taking advantage of the distractions.

So far, black chinamen from French Ku Klux Klan sects are obviously the one's to watch out for.

laugh

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 06:51 PM

If you send out signals to folks that you don't belong, they'll make sure you don't. I think it's in peoples' nature to destroy others, especially if you don't fit in. But I also think that some folks are more prone to violence than others.

Persecute me all you want, but answer this: How many races are still living in the jungles and pounding drums? I can think of one. How many races still believe that it's cool to eat your neighbors in triumph believing that you'll gain their strength? One comes to mind. How many races live in a modern, civilized society but believe that sacrificing chickens will place a religious curse on their opponents? Hmmmm. How many races believe that it's OK to sacifice your life, and take out as many others as possible, in the name of your supposed god and that you'll have a host of virgins waiting for you in the afterlife? Are you kidding me?

I believe that it's encoded within the DNA of some races to act first (e.g., emotion, fight or flight, etc.), and to think later (e.g., intelligence, rational thought, etc.), or to not think at all (e.g., it's god's will, it's what the holy book dictates, etc.).

As with anything, there are exceptions and some individuals are destined to rise above others, regardless of what color they wear on the surface of their skin. Some individuals are also destined to live life scraping by, intentional or not. Regardless of what an individual may believe, we all have ten fingers, ten toes, and we ALL bleed red.

Who knows, maybe this is a result of hundreds of years racial persecution. Maybe it's also a result of tens of thousands of years of evolution, survival of the fittest, etc. I do know that I don't have the answer. I'm just trying to get through life unscathed.

- Race withheld.
Posted by: Weasel

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 07:06 PM

Before the rest of the Klan shows up here is a better explanation of how most people feel.

Black people vs nigga@

"Everytime black people wanna have a good time ignant ass nigga@ show up and fuck everything up."
Posted by: GrayHam

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 07:10 PM

cool

Where's mah fuckin' popcorn?

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 07:16 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Whens the last time this happened in a white neighborhood? Oh yeah, maybe its because we could never have a WHITE holiday/celebration.

I don't remember Bing Crosby dreamin' about no Black Christmas![/b]
Are you really that much of a fucking moron?!
Posted by: RedX

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
I'm glad this made the news. Let's see how Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson handle this. :rolleyes:
They won't. wink

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Weasel:
Before the rest of the Klan shows up here is a better explanation of how most people feel.

Black people vs nigga@

"Everytime black people wanna have a good time ignant ass nigga@ show up and fuck everything up."
Not heard that bit before. I like it.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Weasel:

Black people vs nigga@

Favorite bit from Chris Rock. And its really sad and true. Most of the black people I associate with are well educated or have some real good common snese. Hell at my job in the 8 years I have worked here only one black man could cut it for longer then 6 months. And he was a retired colonel from the Army.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GrayHam:
cool

Where's mah fuckin' popcorn?
No way man. Y'all needs some of dese:

I don't believe it's a race thing entirely. It's a social thing. Minorities are raised by other minorities with preconceived social mores that get passed down.

Take a black kid as a baby and take him out of the environment with all its racial history, social preconceived notions, and away from rap music, and you have someone no different than anyone else. Same goes for middle easterners, asians, and white people.

Still, most riots in this country are started by blacks. It's not because they're black, per se. It's because they've been socially conditioned to react a certain way. In this case, it's a destructive way, and unless there are more role models with the same shade of skin (sad but true), this will continue generation after generation.

Blacks raised by niggas turn into niggas.
Whites raised by rednecks turn into rednecks
Middle Easterners brainwashed by other radical muslims turn into radical muslims.

See the pattern?

You can't condemn a whole race of people for the actions of a few. Hell, my boss is a black guy, and he's one of the more intelligent people I know. He's ex Navy and a stand up decent guy. You wouldn't find someone like him acting in this way.
Posted by: XOC

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RedX:
Quote:
[b]I'm glad this made the news. Let's see how Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson handle this. :rolleyes:
They won't. wink [/b]
Just like they won't retract all the bad things they said about the Duke players that were found innocent of raping that girl.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnC:
If you send out signals to folks that you don't belong, they'll make sure you don't. I think it's in peoples' nature to destroy others, especially if you don't fit in. But I also think that some folks are more prone to violence than others.

Persecute me all you want, but answer this: How many races are still living in the jungles and pounding drums? I can think of one. How many races still believe that it's cool to eat your neighbors in triumph believing that you'll gain their strength? One comes to mind. How many races live in a modern, civilized society but believe that sacrificing chickens will place a religious curse on their opponents? Hmmmm. How many races believe that it's OK to sacifice your life, and take out as many others as possible, in the name of your supposed god and that you'll have a host of virgins waiting for you in the afterlife? Are you kidding me?

I believe that it's encoded within the DNA of some races to act first (e.g., emotion, fight or flight, etc.), and to think later (e.g., intelligence, rational thought, etc.), or to not think at all (e.g., it's god's will, it's what the holy book dictates, etc.).

As with anything, there are exceptions and some individuals are destined to rise above others, regardless of what color they wear on the surface of their skin. Some individuals are also destined to live life scraping by, intentional or not. Regardless of what an individual may believe, we all have ten fingers, ten toes, and we ALL bleed red.

Who knows, maybe this is a result of hundreds of years racial persecution. Maybe it's also a result of tens of thousands of years of evolution, survival of the fittest, etc. I do know that I don't have the answer. I'm just trying to get through life unscathed.

- Race withheld.
In the words of Bob Dylan... Is there a hole for me to get sick in?
Posted by: Mobycat

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 09:14 PM

Quote:
[QB]How many races still believe that it's cool to eat your neighbors in triumph believing that you'll gain their strength? One comes to mind.
Uh...which one comes to mind?

Quote:
How many races live in a modern, civilized society but believe that sacrificing chickens will place a religious curse on their opponents? Hmmmm.
Wait...so that's based on race, not religion?

Quote:
How many races believe that it's OK to sacifice your life, and take out as many others as possible, in the name of your supposed god and that you'll have a host of virgins waiting for you in the afterlife? Are you kidding me?
That's race? hmm...could have sworn it was based on religion (or the bastardization of religion, as it were)

Quote:
[Huh?] Good God...

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
[QB]How many races still believe that it's cool to eat your neighbors in triumph believing that you'll gain their strength? One comes to mind.
Uh...which one comes to mind?

I ate my neighbor, it made my breath stronger.

Quote:
How many races live in a modern, civilized society but believe that sacrificing chickens will place a religious curse on their opponents? Hmmmm.
Wait...so that's based on race, not religion?

Well, I've seen an awful lot of caucasians do weird rituals that they think help their favorite team win baseball or games...not sure if a chicken is the important part...its the belief that a ritual might grant you luck I think...

A saw a white guy "knock on Wood" for example...

Quote:
How many races believe that it's OK to sacifice your life, and take out as many others as possible, in the name of your supposed god and that you'll have a host of virgins waiting for you in the afterlife? Are you kidding me?
That's race? hmm...could have sworn it was based on religion (or the bastardization of religion, as it were)

Well, all religeons for the most part, but each has a different version of the rewards....I mean, virgins are popular in that part of the world....I think because of all the sand, ouch.

Quote:
[Huh?] Good God...
I think that's ALL races...not just the Cranky Old White Republicans from the Bible Belt you seem to be referring to.

laugh

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 20/06/07 11:38 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Whens the last time this happened in a white neighborhood? Oh yeah, maybe its because we could never have a WHITE holiday/celebration.

Are you really that much of a fucking moron?![/b]
I thought it was clever. Get it? White Christmas? YOu said there were no white celebr....you know what? Nevermind. I'll spoon feed it to ya next time, Corky.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 21/06/07 03:12 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:

Are you really that much of a fucking moron?![/b]
I thought it was clever. Get it? White Christmas? YOu said there were no white celebr....you know what? Nevermind. I'll spoon feed it to ya next time, Corky.
You'd think with your history on here you'd understand that sarcasum is often lost on a message board. Next time include a smiley or something to show that your not actually that stupid but simply making a toungue in cheek comment.

So in that light, 'ha ha, funny'. smile [Spit]
Posted by: BlueSky

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 21/06/07 03:53 AM

Desert Rat's comments are among the few reasonable ones in this thread. To break any social cycle - poverty, ignorance, fanatic suicide bombers, whatever - the only way to do that is to remove children from the environment where they become in effect brainwashed into thinking that course in life is natural. If you're raised chanting "Death to America! Death to Israel! My destiny is death for the benefit of Allah!", then that's your baseline, your definition of "normal".

That occurs in every nationality and race. Ever see these KKK types who have their kids dressed up in the robes and pointy hats? How is that different from the black child who is raised with a victim mentality and convinced that whites are responsible for his lot in life? Both are extremes and both define the kind of life the child will live.

How you get kids out of that environment is beyond me. The only hope is that when they grow up and start reasoning for themselves they realize what a dead-end way of thinking it is.

Blaming a whole race of people for the acts of a few makes as little sense as honoring a whole race for the achievements of a few.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 21/06/07 05:22 AM

Quote:
I rarely put my .02 in on these subjects, I just sit back and enjoy the pointless threads, and notice which people I would not care for in real life... laugh

Can we turn this around.... Can a black guy drive through my neighborhood and and hit a white boy? And what if A mob of white people beat a black man to death? Those 2 "racists against white people" would form a million man march to burn and riot and mob and rape that community for justice...to be honest, a MAJORITY of the "African American" race bring this upon themselves with these kinds of acts. Why do people argue this? Like when white people are associated with being dumb white crackers, who like there huntin or what not... We laugh it off... It's becoming a one sided deal that being white causes you to be hated by the black race. And racism is a 2 sided debate when it comes to inner city black people...Cause it's ok to hate white people :rolleyes: Sorry, just my opinion

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 21/06/07 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MemorEsto:
...to be honest, a MAJORITY of the "African American" race bring this upon themselves with these kinds of acts. Why do people argue this?
According to Census Bureau figures , in 2006 there were 299,398,484 people in the U.S., of which about 38 million are black. So you're saying that over 19 million black people ("a MAJORITY") "bring this upon themselves with these kinds of acts"?

"People argue this" because it's a position you can't possibly support with facts.

With that said, I agree for the most part with your assessment of what would happen if the situation were reversed.

(edited to add Census Bureau link)

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 21/06/07 06:02 AM

Well this was on MSN.com this morning. So it has now made the national news. Wonder if this is gonna end up on Boortz or Rush this week
Posted by: Origami Gangsta

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 21/06/07 06:07 AM

Whether it's the majority or not, is irrelevant. The problem is, the perception is that it is the majority of blacks who bring upon themselves.

Blacks (especially "black leaders") should know by now that perception is everything in this country. Kobe Bryant allegedly rapes a white woman (yeah, I called bullshit on that one from the getgo), everybody's ready to throw him out with the bathwater. He's found innocent, drops 82 points in the bucket, and he's the greatest player in the game again. All about perception.

Until blacks get the idea that things should focus on the positive role models that come from that community, and not the next Yung Joc to come out saying, "Nigga dis, nigga dat", or "Bitch betta b ready.", the perception will always be unruly, animalistic, thug.

Now, about that whole Asians are good at math thing.. laugh
Posted by: xterra3202

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 21/06/07 06:19 AM

I wanted to stay out of this one but ill jump in.

Regardless of your skin color every ethnic background has people that are of a lower social and economic class. Last time I visisted family I would classify many of them as "white trash." Not rednecks but bonna fide trash that should be removed from society because they bring the rest of us down.

People like GEN. Colin Powell, Frederick Douglass, George Washington Carver, and the list goes on simply shows that one can change their future if they have the drive and desire to do so...that is why this country is so great.

These days it is not a single race or ethnic issue it is a whole nation issue. My wifes family are exceptionally hard working and live in a nice area of Mexico City...they earned it.
However, many young people now just want a hand out or the easy way. They do not know respect, or work ethic and that is parents fault. Parents are scared to discipline kids now because some loud mouth will report them to CPS. Give me a fucking break. My dogs are more well behaved than many kids I see running around stores now...ive said that to parents while in these stores as well...kinda pisses them off too!!!!

Someone mentiond the whole religon thing. Well here is a bomb for you. Granted now a days the Islamic faith gets the bad press but that is a small percentage of the over 1.3 billion muslims in the world. Arab culture is so radically different from ours but time will bring a change.

Back to my point from above. If my history lessons arent too fuzzy then the Catholic Church is the root cause for some of the greatest events of human suffering ever. 1st, 2nd, 3rd crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, witch trials all over Europe and America, and lets not forget that the Catholic Church appeased a guy named Adolf Hitler in his efforts to exterminate Europes Jews, Homsexuals, Gypsys, mentally ill persons, and people born with disfigurements. In fact when the crusades happened the Europeans were still drilling holes in peoples heads to "release the evil spirits" while Arab doctors were performing life saving surgeries....many Europeans retained the services of Arab doctors during the crusades.

You see the moral and ethical decay of this country is the reason events like that happen. There is no one specific cause for this but a large part is to blame on the liberal ideology of a free open more socialist society where one can do "as they feel." Do you think all those people wanted to build that damn pyramid in the buring hot sun????? This country tries too hard to make an excedingly small minority politically viable while expensing the vast majority. Everyone here has the same rights so why cave in so much????

If you all are so appaled at this event and others like it then get off your ass and vote for change.

[END RANT]

Tim

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 21/06/07 06:34 AM

Origami Gangsta, you make a valid point, which brings us again to what makes "news". Had the people who beat the man to death instead been understanding and helpful, we wouldn't be having this discussion because that's not news.

Many people don't take the time to look past the superficial crap we're fed every day from various sources. That was my point in citing the census figures - it's clearly ridiculous to claim the majority of black people act this way, but that perception has been created in some people by what we see, read, and hear.

I live near Atlanta, where blacks and whites play 52 Pickup with a whole deck of race cards every day. An example: the police chief in Atlanta is black. There's a case going on where Atlanta narcotics officers lied to get a warrant and then broke down the door of a 92-year-old black woman's home. She had nothing to do with drug dealing and no idea what was going on. While they were tearing the burglar bars off her front door she retrieved a rusty old pistol she had and fired one shot. The cops killed her with a hail of return fire.

As they should be, the officers involved have been charged with various crimes. But...if the police chief was white I have no doubt that Jackson, Sharpton, et. al. would be on the steps of City Hall screaming for his head. Instead he gets a pass. For those "leaders" to be taken seriously by people of all races, they have to be fair - they have to call out blacks as well as whites (or any other race) when someone is incompetent, demonstrates bad judgement, or makes critical mistakes. That's not racism, it's reality.

Let your perceptions be formed by reality.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 21/06/07 06:40 AM

Young black men need to take a page from the Will Smith rags to riches with out cussing and using nigga dis nigga dat in every song. Now I know he has cussed in some movies but the majority of the stuff he does is minus cussing and all that.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 21/06/07 07:07 AM

Have any of you turned on BET or MTV lately?

The black popular culture GLORIFIES this type of behavior. They basically believe that "it's kool in 'da hood to be dumb as a rock, and yous niggas aint cool unless yous gots a heater and sling dope and smack bitches!"

Pimps, hoes, guns, violence, and drugs is all black children grow up hearing, so what do you think they'll turn out to be like? Black people bring this on themselves. I live in a predominantly white town. However, The majority of black people that live here are doing nothing to benefit this community. I am willing to bet that 9 out of 10 black people here don't work, collect welfare, and are criminals. I'm not going to lie they piss me off a lot. Black people aren't the ones who piss me off though. It's the niggers that ruin it for the whole race. The same way fanatically muslim terrorist ruin it for the whole Arab race.

There are some black people out there who are educated and act like human beings, but they are hidden in the shadow that is created by the "gangsta" culture that is enveloping the rest of the black race. As long as the niggers are still out there living like packs of dogs, and not human beings, there will always be this prejudice. They DO in fact bring this on themselves.

And Memoresto is right, why is it ok for black people to hate white people and be very expressive of that, but yet one white person yells nigger and he is very much prosecuted??

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 21/06/07 07:30 AM

Quote:
Young black men need to take a page from the Will Smith rags to riches with out cussing and using nigga dis nigga dat in every song. Now I know he has cussed in some movies but the majority of the stuff he does is minus cussing and all that.
As I understand it, the real rags to riches story was Uncle Phil's. Will just got ride on his coat tail after he got in one little fight and his mom got scared.
Posted by: Mosi

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 21/06/07 07:44 AM

What I can't stand is when people think I'm a racist because I don't want to hang out with a person who is non-white. It's simple really, I surround myself with intelligent people and not assholes... one of my best friends in high school was black, I had a black room mate who was a cop, I have black friends now, along with Mexican, Asian, Middle Eastern, etc..

If you are an asshole, I'm not going to hang out with you. In my town, that means that there are more white assholes than any other color. Do I get labeled for not hanging out with them? No. As soon as I make a non-racisct comment about someone who isn't white, then people automatically think I'm racist. Whatever. I am sick of it.

We need to focus on ridding the country of assholes. If those assholes happen to be black, white, green, purple, or whatever, then so be it.
Posted by: koalakilla

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 21/06/07 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by B.:
Quote:
[b]Young black men need to take a page from the Will Smith rags to riches with out cussing and using nigga dis nigga dat in every song. Now I know he has cussed in some movies but the majority of the stuff he does is minus cussing and all that.
As I understand it, the real rags to riches story was Uncle Phil's. Will just got ride on his coat tail after he got in one little fight and his mom got scared.[/b]
LOL, that was good. "West Philadelphia born and raised on the playground is where i spent most of my days."

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 21/06/07 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by xterra3202:
You see the moral and ethical decay of this country is the reason events like that happen. There is no one specific cause for this but a large part is to blame on the liberal ideology of a free open more socialist society where one can do "as they feel." Do you think all those people wanted to build that damn pyramid in the buring hot sun????? This country tries too hard to make an excedingly small minority politically viable while expensing the vast majority. Everyone here has the same rights so why cave in so much????
Exactly, which is why I brought up Sharpton and Jackson. Their basis of reasoning is so out dated and doesn't relate to this century. All it does is continue to degrade themselves and bring out bad opinions like what Chia has said. I've said it all along... we will always have racism as long as we are forced to treat people unequally. That includes affirmative action, BET, and all the other special treatments.
Posted by: Samueul

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 21/06/07 08:24 AM

All I know is, if I meet you face to face, I don't even see your skin color. If after a meet you and I decide you're an ass, then you're an ass. It's that simple.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 21/06/07 09:55 AM

www.soulplane.com
Posted by: Claus

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 21/06/07 11:12 AM

[img]http://getclippings.com/image.php?id=363075[/img]
Posted by: Auditor_Kevin

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 21/06/07 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Claus:
[img]http://getclippings.com/image.php?id=363075[/img]
That getclippings.com website is pretty cool. Thanks for the heads up. Already threw a couple funny ones at friends.

If you have a few seconds, check out the others people are throwing out there by taking the web address (the one quoted for example: http://getclippings.com/image.php?id=363075) and just change the last number. Go down or up from that 363075 using only odd numbers.

Interesting stuff.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 21/06/07 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Origami Gangsta:
W

Now, about that whole Asians are good at math thing.. laugh
They don't call us the "Model Minority" for nothin!

Except for that nutjob at Virgina Tech. [Crybaby]

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 21/06/07 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by koalakilla:
Quote:
Originally posted by B.:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Young black men need to take a page from the Will Smith rags to riches with out cussing and using nigga dis nigga dat in every song. Now I know he has cussed in some movies but the majority of the stuff he does is minus cussing and all that.
As I understand it, the real rags to riches story was Uncle Phil's. Will just got ride on his coat tail after he got in one little fight and his mom got scared.[/b]
LOL, that was good. "West Philadelphia born and raised on the playground is where i spent most of my days."[/b]
"when a couple of guys, they were up to no good - started makin trouble in my neighborhood...."

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 21/06/07 01:37 PM

Quote:
You see the moral and ethical decay of this country is the reason events like that happen. There is no one specific cause for this but a large part is to blame on the liberal ideology of a free open more socialist society where one can do "as they feel."
A free, open society is hardly contingent upon socialism. Socialism has a meaning, and that meaning has nothing to do with a free, open society. People "doing as they feel" isn't a bad thing, unless it violates the civil rights of others.

Can you, in good conscience, blame the moral and ethical decay of our society on personal liberty? Do you truly believe that incidents of mob violence would be prevented if our government severely limited personal liberty? Which parts of our free, open society would we need to restrict in order to maintain civility? Freedom of movement, right to assembly, right to bear arms?

More importantly, would certain sectors of our society be best suited by these restrictions?
Posted by: Pikachu

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 21/06/07 01:52 PM

re: More importantly, would certain sectors of our society be best suited by these restrictions?

HELL YES .. ALL Urban/Suburban/Metropolitan areas.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 21/06/07 02:46 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]You see the moral and ethical decay of this country is the reason events like that happen. There is no one specific cause for this but a large part is to blame on the liberal ideology of a free open more socialist society where one can do "as they feel."
A free, open society is hardly contingent upon socialism. Socialism has a meaning, and that meaning has nothing to do with a free, open society. People "doing as they feel" isn't a bad thing, unless it violates the civil rights of others.

Can you, in good conscience, blame the moral and ethical decay of our society on personal liberty? Do you truly believe that incidents of mob violence would be prevented if our government severely limited personal liberty? Which parts of our free, open society would we need to restrict in order to maintain civility? Freedom of movement, right to assembly, right to bear arms?

More importantly, would certain sectors of our society be best suited by these restrictions?[/b]
I wouldn't blame it on personal liberty. I'd blame it on the erosion of established moral and ethical standards which are constantly under attack by leftists whose sole purpose is to undermine the Christian establishment this country was founded on.

Don't take this the wrong way. I am not 100% against this idea, however, they're attacking the wrong things by going after the whole idea. Those Christian fundamentals were not bad things - they taught right and wrong, how you should treat your fellow man, and compassion towards others. But instead of hanging onto those values, and focusing on the religious fanatacism aspect of it, they've instead attacked the entire institution in the interest of creating anarchy. The result is a generation with a distorted sense of right and wrong and the establishment that remains that can still promote morality and being a decent person has been attacked and eroded beyond credibility to this group of people. Their role models are replaced with anarchists, gangsta rappers, and the distorted reality of television and celebrity.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 21/06/07 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:

Except for that nutjob at Virgina Tech. [Crybaby]
How would it look if someone said, "and Koreans wonder why we look down upon them."

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 22/06/07 05:59 AM

Because the majority of Koreans are not nut jobs.

However, I very confidently say that the majority of black people DO act in a manner that indicts themselves. Therefore it is an accurate statement to say black people are "blah blah blah."

And to black people out there, I'm sorry, but I think you look, sound, and act retarded, so you can stop with the gangsta shit. A mutant fish-frog would look less retarded than your wannabe-thug ass, and your 100x too big clothes, and your bling that's as big as my Xterra. You look ridiculous. Ok I'm done ranting.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 22/06/07 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GingerKidzFTW:

However, I very confidently say that the majority of black people DO act in a manner that indicts themselves. Therefore it is an accurate statement to say black people are "blah blah blah."

And to black people out there, I'm sorry, but I think you look, sound, and act retarded, so you can stop with the gangsta shit. A mutant fish-frog would look less retarded than your wannabe-thug ass, and your 100x too big clothes, and your bling that's as big as my Xterra. You look ridiculous. Ok I'm done ranting.
Unreal. It blows my mind that people still have this mindset. eek
Posted by: NuDan

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 22/06/07 07:17 AM

Obviously not a lot of "Caucasianly Impared" people here to defend themselves. Shame.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 22/06/07 07:36 AM

Humans tend to generalize.

We do.

So it leads to us looking at what we see, and assuming that what we can't see extends beyond that.

Most of the time, we're right...so we survive, its fine...

Like the fish here can be caught with earth worms...so we try the worms for OTHER fish.

Sometimes, its wrong...like it worked in the lake, but not in the ocean...

Same with race judgements.

I have freinds who are cops for example...they start out as reasonably open minded about race, the black people they were in contact with made no special impression.

....then, they are thrust into an urban jungle environment, all the black people they are dealing with are trying to kill, rob others, they dress and talk differently, have no regard for others' lives or property...and would kill him if they thought they'd get away with it.

After a few years of THAT, they do NOT see Black people the same...NOW, Blacks are dehumanized scum, animals...the enemy.

They can't tell the good ones from the bad ones...like the soldiers in 'NAM
- they want to just kill them all, and let God sort it out....

So - if the blacks you see are like that...that's who blacks are generailzed to be like...that's a very natural generalization.

But, it can be adjusted to realize that all humans in those conditions are like that...and the blacks do the same thing..."white people hate us"...because the white people THEY know, DO.

laugh

So - If you fish in the ocean, and I fish in lakes...we each have our own ideas as to what fish are like...

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 22/06/07 07:40 AM

Quote:
Because the majority of Koreans are not nut jobs.

eek Damn, tell us what you really think. [Freak]

I just thought of something as to why people's perception is so warped. If only a small percentage of Muslims make up the "radical" terrorists, it sure would be nice to see the vast majority stand up and call them out as being wrong. Instead, it's nothing but silence. Same thing on this issue. Blacks who make it big like athletes, rappers, politicians, etc. do nothing to condone their actions. Actually, they make it worse. Poplular black athletes do idiotic things (i.e. T.O., Pacman, Moss, Bonds, A.I., majority of NBA players-although they're trying to clean up their image, The Cincinati Bengals, and many more). I've already used the Sharpton and Jackson example for politicians. Rappers... well, I don't have to explain anything there. They pretty much speak for themselves. Whoever brought up the Will Smith example... that's a good one. Unfortunately, he's in the minority along with T-Mac, Garnett, Griffey, Tiger, Colin Powell, etc. How can anyone call the "thugs" out? confused

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 22/06/07 08:02 AM

I have nothing against people who are Muslim, because I understand that the MAJORITY OF MUSLIMS ARE GOOD, PEACEFUL PEOPLE. A small number of extremist are the problem group in that bunch.

That’s completely different than the Black race topic though. There a few psycho extremist Muslims that ruin it for a very large group of tolerant, peaceful group of normal people that practice Islam. But, as far as I’ve observed, there are far more “thugs” than there are upstanding, community benefiting black citizens in this country. The “gangster culture” is the majority, so yeah generalization is definitely apparent.

I know enough good natured black people to know that they’re not all bad. But that is a select few. Sad truth is up until a couple years ago I didn’t have this opinion because I wasn’t exposed to too many black people. Then I went to college and witnessed first hand “thug” behavior. Since then more and more black people have been moving into my hometown. Drug trafficking and violent crime is at an all time high. What am I supposed to think? I don’t think it’s a coincidence.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 22/06/07 08:16 AM

Quote:
[qb]How can anyone call the "thugs" out? confused
You saw what happened when Bill Cosby spoke some truth or Morgan Freeman said we should do away with Black History Month.

Tracy Jordan, the Black Crusaders are coming for you.
Posted by: jorge

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 22/06/07 08:16 AM

Quote:
But, as far as I’ve observed, there are far more “thugs” than there are upstanding, community benefiting black citizens in this country.
Altoona, PA's is 97% white, 1.38% black. Something tells me you are making a generalization.

I live in a primarily black neighborhood, 61.78% Black. And hell, if they were all thugs, believe me, I wouldn't be there.

I have wonderful neighbors, thoughful, considerate people, who happen to be black.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 22/06/07 08:28 AM

And seriously, it is a different fish scenario.
We're as TJ was saying "Cognitive Misers"

Cognitive Miser:
A mental characteristic in which the least amount of attention and mental effort needed to process information is used. This concept assumes that humans are limited in their capacity to process information and, therefore, make use of automatic processes (mental shortcuts, formally referred to as cognitive heuristics) that simplify complex problems. In other words, all other things being equal, we are motivated to use relatively effortless and simple mental shortcuts that provide rapid but often inaccurate solutions rather than effortful and complex mental processing that provides delayed but often more accurate solutions.

(look at that- all that college money was worth something)

------------------------------------------------
I'm from Louisiana. It's not worth talking about what I viewed and as a result how I viewed black people there.

When I moved to Phoenix, it was total night and day difference- almost a culture shock in some areas. Sadly enough I was astonished at the differences in education levels, societal actions, and over all effort to be respected of the black people here. Sure as in every race there are the lower ends of the pole here, but again, sadly, none of my friends that I had in Louisiana were surpirsed at the actions portrayed on their television screens during the Katrina coverage.

Different kinds of fish- well said.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 22/06/07 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
Quote:
[b]But, as far as I’ve observed, there are far more “thugs” than there are upstanding, community benefiting black citizens in this country.
Altoona, PA's is 97% white, 1.38% black.[/b]
And growing quickly along with the rate of crime and unemployment. :rolleyes: And I have spent the past couple years in a couple very diverse places outside of Altoona, PA as well.

Isn't there anyone else who wants to chime that may have similar opinions? Remember, it's not only okay for blake people to talk bad about white people, it's ok for white people to talk about race too.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 22/06/07 10:05 AM

Prison Polulation in 1997
White - 3,429,000
Black - 2,149,900
Other - 113,600 http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/glance/tables/cpracetab.htm

Number of Caucasian as reported by the Census in 1997 living in the US - 190.5 million

Number of Blacks as reported by the Census in 1997 living in the US - 34.2 million

This means that Blacks are more violent and or unlawful per capita than other race. Take the feelings out of the arguement and the facts show what is going on.

That said, saying that all blacks are likely to do things that are considered "bad" is wrong. It is true to say that it is more likely that a black person will do something unlawful over any other race here in the United States.

Nothing racist about facts.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 22/06/07 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XOC:
It is true to say that it is more likely that a black person will do something unlawful over any other race here in the United States.

Nothing racist about facts.
But, it's not politically correct . :rolleyes: That's probably a whole separate issue, but just another item that would help decrease racism if it went away.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 22/06/07 10:58 AM

Interpretation of the facts is different from straight facts.

Saying there are more of one group than another group, proportionally in a population (Jail for example), is not racist at all.

Assuming WHY there are more of one group than another is an interpretation of those facts.

IE:

People with black hair are therefore (Based upon the black/hispanic #'s alone...) more likely to be in Jail than blondes, proportionally to the population of the USA...

OK - Proportionally, more black haired people are in jail than blondes...the black haired population is therefore over represented in the prison population.

So that proves people with black hair are genetically more prone to crime than blondes?

eek

For example, it would be more relevent if the statistics were for a particular demographic area, say one neighborhood.

More along the lines of, for a particular neighborhood, does the proportion of races match that of those jailed from that neighborhood?

Can we correct for the extensively documented bias of the justice system, which assumes the black man is guilty on a higher percentage than a white man?...thus leading to higher conviction rates of those arrested, etc...? (Pretend YOU are in the jury...and you already admittted you believe blacks are genetically prone to crime...)

Otherwise, one could use the same statistical analysis in the above posts to arrive at a number of questionable conclusions.

(Made up but vaguely reasonable numbers for an example...)

Number of people who ate caviar in the USA: 3 million

Number of People in USA who drank Pepsi: 100 million

Number of Pepsi Drinkers Jailed in USA: 5 million

Number of Caviar Eaters Jailed in USA: 4

Obviously, people who eat caviar are less likely to go to jail.

And - you think about that...and say, You know, that's true...not many caviar eaters in jail.

Is the important thing that they ate caviar?

Is the important thing that they had caviar because they could afford it, or a good lawyer?

laugh

Do we say, hmmm, OBVIOUSLY, Pepsi drinkers are more likely to be criminals than caviar eaters?

If we run acros a Pepsi Drinker, as he falls into the higher criminality group...should we assume he is a criminal?

If we run into a guy with black hair, as he falls into the higher criminality group...should we assume he is a criminal?

I think we do...if the black haired fish we are used to drink Pepsi.

[drink]

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 22/06/07 12:02 PM

Fuckin' Pepsi drinkers. Hang all them bastards.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 22/06/07 01:28 PM

Here's a better analogy to the interpretation of the statistics:

If the premise is that if there are proportionally more blacks in prison than in the country's population, therefore blacks are more criminal by nature,...

...look at a parallel population...

The military.

Look at what percentage in the military are black vs white...blacks are also over represented in the armed forces.

Does that mean that blacks are also genetically more patriotic than whites?

Braver than whites?

laugh

The statistics don't lie...but they don't always tell the truth either.

There's Liars, DAMNED LIARS, and statisticians.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 22/06/07 01:49 PM

I bet if you redraw those comparisons in relation to the poverty line, it all comes up about the same.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 22/06/07 02:03 PM

Quote:

This means that Blacks are more violent and or unlawful per capita than other race. Take the feelings out of the arguement and the facts show what is going on.
You're being far too simplistic. There are lots of factors here besides race that you're simply ignoring - income, family situation, etc. I frankly find it pretty shocking when people pull these kind of stats and conclude that one race or another is more prone to violence, lawbreaking, etc.

That's just ignorance, plain and simple. No offense intended.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 22/06/07 02:04 PM

can't we all just get along!!!! smile
Posted by: NY Madman

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 22/06/07 02:08 PM

I think some are trying too hard to explain away the prison statistics. The statistics are what they are.

The notion that more blacks are in jail because of a racist or unequal justice system is also bullshit. The majority of blacks in prison come from urban areas where more likely than not, they were sent to jail by a jury consisting primarily of minorities.

New York City holds the highest population of black people than any other city in the world. Most juries in NYC are made up of blacks and minorities. They consistently send black criminal defendants to jail.

Regarding statements made about Muslims, I hope that most of them are not hard core Islamic radicals. The figures regarding the attitudes of Muslims are however very alarming.

The Pew Center recently did a study about American Muslims and many of the findings are disturbing. 25% of all American Muslims under the age of 30 think suicide bombings are justifiable. 13% of all American Muslims of all ages think suicide bombings are justifiable to avenge Islam.

29% of all American Muslims have a favorable opinion of Al Qeada. Only 40% of American Muslims believe Arabs carried out the 9-11 attacks. The hard core Islamist feelings seem to be worse among native born black American Muslims and converts.

Pew Reasearch Center calls American Muslims "mainstream". Can 25% of all young Muslims believing in suicide bombings as justifiable be mainstream? The study is linked below.....

http://pewresearch.org/assets/pdf/muslim-americans.pdf

Muslim terrorists also don't become terrorists because they grow up in a household of radical Islamists. Yes, something is influencing them, but in many instances here in America it is not their parents or family. None of the recent Fort Dix Islamic terrorist suspects came from families who were very religious or even remotely Islamist.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 22/06/07 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Quote:
[b]
You're being far too simplistic. There are lots of factors here besides race that you're simply ignoring - income, family situation, etc. I frankly find it pretty shocking when people pull these kind of stats and conclude that one race or another is more prone to violence, lawbreaking, etc.

That's just ignorance, plain and simple. No offense intended.[/b]
Care to explain? That is like saying that because Jonny was molested as a child that it is ok that he is a sexual preditor today. Wrong is wrong no matter how you get there.

At what point did we start to excuse or explain away bad behavour to make ourselves feel better?

Are you saying that it is the social enviroment and not personal responsibility that is the cause of the large number of blacks that are in prison?

Is it the negative behavour encouraged by rap music?

For the poor Blacks, is it that they have spent all their lives on welfare and after being taken care of by the governmet and thus entitled to everything they want?

What excuse do you want to use?

At what point do you come to the conclusion that blacks for whatever reason are more prone to deviant behaviour than other races here in the US.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 22/06/07 03:22 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]

That's just ignorance, plain and simple. No offense intended.[/b]
Care to explain? That is like saying that because Jonny was molested as a child that it is ok that he is a sexual preditor today. Wrong is wrong no matter how you get there.

At what point did we start to excuse or explain away bad behavour to make ourselves feel better?

Are you saying that it is the social enviroment and not personal responsibility that is the cause of the large number of blacks that are in prison?

Is it the negative behavour encouraged by rap music?

For the poor Blacks, is it that they have spent all their lives on welfare and after being taken care of by the governmet and thus entitled to everything they want?

What excuse do you want to use?

At what point do you come to the conclusion that blacks for whatever reason are more prone to deviant behaviour than other races here in the US.[/b]
[Freak]

Huh? Go back and look at my post again. I'm not making excuses, saying personal responsibility isn't important, blah, blah, blah. All I'm saying is that you can't simply point to the fact that there are a higher percentage of blacks in prison than whites and conclude that blacks are more prone to criminal activity. That's an asinine attempt at statistical analysis because it assumes that all other involved factors are equal, when they sure as hell aren't.
Posted by: DocNo

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 22/06/07 04:20 PM

Quote:
All I'm saying is that you can't simply point to the fact that there are a higher percentage of blacks in prison than whites and conclude that blacks are more prone to criminal activity. That's an asinine attempt at statistical analysis because it assumes that all other involved factors are equal, when they sure as hell aren't.
I don't think race has anything to do with it beyond the social grouping and "culture" aspects.

A white person beats the crap out of a black person and there are riots.

A black person beats the crap out of another black person and there is silence.

There is something seriously fucked up with that - and it's also the core problem as I see it.

When you see "black leaders" coming out against violence against blacks, no matter the color of the perpetrator, then we might see progress. Until then, it will remain a "black problem".

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 22/06/07 05:31 PM

This thread is showing a microcosm of society as a whole.

We have the normal generalizations, and the normal basis for those generalizations.

The people who live in areas where the blacks were like everyone else, think blacks are like everyone else..

...the people who live where the blacks are dangerous, think blacks are dangerous.

No surprises really...one is dealing with fresh water fish, one is dealing with salt water fish.

Each knows what a damn fish is, and assumes the other side is idiotic.

Once each has formed a world view...it is enforced by each incident that supports the view, and events or incident that do not support the view are considered to be salient examples/exceptions, rather than evidence that the view is incorrect.

That too is normal...we generalize, and assume that rules apply outside of immediate experience...otherwise, we'd walk into each restaurant, and not be sure how to order, etc...we assume its like the other restaurants.

If we walk into a restaurant, and there's no menus, the waiter just stares at you...you'd think, that's weird, NOT that you were wrong all along how restaurants work.

OK - So that's how humans process their world...so far, so good.

Fish...if we assume they're all the same, but they're not...say we are talking to a fellow fisherman, and he swears there's giant fish that eat people, called sharks...LOTS of them.

Now, you KNOW there's no such thing, you have seen every damn fish, and none of them are that big, or could eat someone, not even a big 'ol Muskie.

Now, lets say that a bunch of other people also mention these sharks....

And lets say that the sharks are a touchy subject, because the people who lost kids to them, etc...are really tired of the people like you telling them there are no sharks...

And you find its "politically incorrect" to talk about there being no sharks...people are alwayys pissed at you if you do.

Well, one day, you're in an area that you normally are not in...and you see these giant fish with a large fins, and say, what the hell, there IS such a thing...I saw it...

Well, OK, maybe there are SOME sharks...but, I'm sure all the OTHER fish stories are BS.

laugh

Lets say a (Statistically) that a shark is a black guy who works hard, has a wife and kids, pays his taxes and doesn't cause any trouble.

laugh

You will NEVER give up your world view, any more than you'll think the place without menues is a "normal" restaurant.

So - that's why there's prejudice...because we know what we know, based upon our experiences.

And that's why black people in economically disadvantaged areas are there...they think whites are the enemy...the cops are the enemy, society's the enemy.

How can you grow up thinking working hard and doing your homework will get you anywhere, when the gangs beat you up if you don't join, and the only successful role models are pimps and drug dealers in big cars and gold teeth?

Its like Italians who try to imply they're in the Mafia....especially since Sopranos came out....being a thug "who gets away with it" is a status symbol...they beat the system.

Its human nature...the blacks in the ghettos are just as prejudiced as the whites, for the same reasons...that's what their experiences have taught them.

Those blacks will never change their mind, no more than their white counterparts will.

So - BOTH sides will be right, because of being wrong.

laugh
Posted by: Mosi

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 22/06/07 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
This thread is showing a microcosm of society as a whole.

We have the normal generalizations, and the normal basis for those generalizations.

The people who live in areas where the blacks were like everyone else, think blacks are like everyone else..

...the people who live where the blacks are dangerous, think blacks are dangerous.

No surprises really...one is dealing with fresh water fish, one is dealing with salt water fish.

Each knows what a damn fish is, and assumes the other side is idiotic.

Once each has formed a world view...it is enforced by each incident that supports the view, and events or incident that do not support the view are considered to be salient examples/exceptions, rather than evidence that the view is incorrect.

That too is normal...we generalize, and assume that rules apply outside of immediate experience...otherwise, we'd walk into each restaurant, and not be sure how to order, etc...we assume its like the other restaurants.

If we walk into a restaurant, and there's no menus, the waiter just stares at you...you'd think, that's weird, NOT that you were wrong all along how restaurants work.

OK - So that's how humans process their world...so far, so good.

Fish...if we assume they're all the same, but they're not...say we are talking to a fellow fisherman, and he swears there's giant fish that eat people, called sharks...LOTS of them.

Now, you KNOW there's no such thing, you have seen every damn fish, and none of them are that big, or could eat someone, not even a big 'ol Muskie.

Now, lets say that a bunch of other people also mention these sharks....

And lets say that the sharks are a touchy subject, because the people who lost kids to them, etc...are really tired of the people like you telling them there are no sharks...

And you find its "politically incorrect" to talk about there being no sharks...people are alwayys pissed at you if you do.

Well, one day, you're in an area that you normally are not in...and you see these giant fish with a large fins, and say, what the hell, there IS such a thing...I saw it...

Well, OK, maybe there are SOME sharks...but, I'm sure all the OTHER fish stories are BS.

laugh

Lets say a (Statistically) that a shark is a black guy who works hard, has a wife and kids, pays his taxes and doesn't cause any trouble.

laugh

You will NEVER give up your world view, any more than you'll think the plac witout menues is a "normal" restaurant.

So - that's why there's prejudice...because we know what we know, based upon our experiences.

And that's why black people in economically disadvantaged areas are there...they think whites are the enemy...the cops are the enemy, society's the enemy.

How can you grow up thinking working hard and doing your homework will get you anywhere, when the gangs beat you up if you don't join, and the only successful role models are pimps and drug dealers in big cars and gold teeth?

Its like Italians who try to imply they're in the Mafia....especially since Sopranos came out....being a thug "who gets away with it" is a status symbol...they beat the system.

Its human nature...the blacks in the ghettos are just as prejudiced as the whites, for the same reasons...that's what their experiences have taught them.

Those blacks will never change their mind, nor more than their white counterparts will.

So - BOTH sides will be right, because of being wrong.

laugh
Dude... I totally just read that in my head with Chef's dad narrating that... could be the be the beers talking.

Oh and that will be about uhhhh three fiddy... laugh
Posted by: NuDan

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 22/06/07 07:39 PM

87% of all statistics are made up on the spot...I mean come on, 62% of the people know THAT! [Smoking]

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 25/06/07 08:09 AM

In my opinion, skin color makes zero difference. It's the person that you are that does.

I grew up in a neighborhood that went from being predominantly low-middle class to below the national poverty line in less than seven years. I learned at that point that some families promoted an attitude of anger and hatred, while others felt entitled to everything that the world had to offer, without working for it.

As a white guy, I know that I've sometimes had an easier time of it than someone from my old neighborhood who had black skin, but I also know that it depends more on what you want to do with your life than the people around you. I know this because one of my closest friends (who is black) from that neighborhood went on do well in school, went to a very good school and, last I heard, was doing well for himself.

So, to the people who would apply a blanket statement to a race, I say that you - by yourselves - lessen all of us as you would state that a minority of a race degrades the whole.

As someone posted early, being an asshole doesn't require a certain skin color.

Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them - 25/06/07 11:26 AM

This isn't the first time. Something similar happened in 1991 in NYC . . .

Clicky