Cigarette Blew IN

Posted by: zurfdude

Cigarette Blew IN - 04/04/02 06:15 PM

I had a cigarette blow in on the passenger side the other day and now there is a small hole in the passenger seat. It isn't really that big or noticable but to me it's an eyesore. Anyone know what I can do about it?
Posted by: oleblue

Re: Cigarette Blew IN - 04/04/02 06:20 PM

Buy seat covers

Re: Cigarette Blew IN - 04/04/02 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oleblue:
Buy seat covers
Do they have seat covers other than the neoprene one's that fit they styling of everything else in the vehicle. (Yes, I do care about looks)
Posted by: oleblue

Re: Cigarette Blew IN - 04/04/02 06:31 PM

I beleive that you can. there is more talk about them (and it's all good) here in this thread
Posted by: Ramness

Re: Cigarette Blew IN - 04/04/02 07:39 PM

every now and then someone who gets leather seats sells the original covers on ebay.
Posted by: DaveDatsun

Re: Cigarette Blew IN - 05/04/02 05:26 AM

Some upolstery shops can 'weave in' a plug taken from the underside of a seat.

dave and xtoy - you're not the first
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: Cigarette Blew IN - 05/04/02 07:49 AM

Now, question is, was it a cig you or a passenger tossed out, or was it from another vehicle?

Brent

Re: Cigarette Blew IN - 05/04/02 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
Now, question is, was it a cig you or a passenger tossed out, or was it from another vehicle?

Brent
Another vehicle, I sorta freaked a bit and slowed down, lost the person that blew it in. I do know it was a white Ford Escape....(j/k) It was an older model Jeep Cherokee but that's all I know about the vehicle.
Posted by: mineralblue

Re: Cigarette Blew IN - 05/04/02 07:01 PM

I have a pair of navy blue front seat covers that I bought at Target made by Sagaz for about 40 bucks (see pics below)... They fit pretty well and I liked the way they looked and felt. They should fit an '02 since they're actually the universal type. I wouldve been perfectly happy with these until I found a great deal on the neoprenes that I could not resist... I havent gotten around to putting these up for sale, but if you're interested in buying them, shoot me an email or private message and make me an offer, they're sitting in my closet perfectly clean and unused at the moment.

NOTE: The color is a little off in the photo due to my crappy web cam... the color is actually darker, more like the second photo, more of a denim navy blue, not as bright as the first photo might indicate.

Seat Cover

Cover Up Close

Headrest cover
Posted by: anderair

Re: Cigarette Blew IN - 23/04/02 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by zurfdude:
I had a cigarette blow in on the passenger side the other day and now there is a small hole in the passenger seat...Anyone know what I can do about it?
Hunt down the cig owner and beat them!

Then give them a bill for your new seat!

My .02
Posted by: lboogie

Re: Cigarette Blew IN - 27/04/02 12:57 PM

I agree. I've been fortunate on two different occasions where a smoker was throwing out the cig out the window. Luckily the used cig did not take a bounce and end up on my X.

I don't care if you smoke but either get an aftermarket ash tray if you don't have one or don't smoke when driving. (For those interested there is an ash tray for the X . Just be courteous to other drivers. I don't throw out my trash on the hwy so don't throw yours!

My dos centavos.
Posted by: CocoX

Re: Cigarette Blew IN - 30/04/02 07:23 AM

Amen to IBOOGIE and his post! wink