Easiest color to keep clean

Posted by: Mucksavage

Easiest color to keep clean - 07/03/01 08:37 PM

Just wondering what you all think is the easiest color XTerra to keep clean and looking good without washing and waxing every day. Originally, I was going to get a black XTerra and then thought better because I'm a bit of a slacker when it comes to regular washing and waxing.

------------------
Jay
Posted by: Hank

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 07/03/01 10:05 PM

I like my Yellow. Pollen season is in high gear here in Tallahassee and I can't see any on my X

------------------
Hank
2000 Yellow SE 4x4 5 Spd.
"Asian Persuasion"

[This message has been edited by Hank (edited 03-08-2001).]

Posted by: Moreaux76

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 08/03/01 04:50 AM

I hear ya about the pollen! I live in FLA also and my blue X looks like it is tinted yellow due to pollen. Actually, since yellow and blue make green, I should let the pollen accumulate and then I will have a green X!

------------------
2001 XE
V6 Auto
Just Blue
4x2 3-pak
Posted by: YellowXXXterra

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 08/03/01 05:18 AM

Black cars and trucks look the best.......for the first 15 minutes after you wash 'em. My yellow X always looks freshly washed unless it's been playing too hard.

------------------
If there were no tomorrow.......how hard would you play today?
Posted by: ILUVMYX

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 08/03/01 06:03 AM

White and yellow, and silver and gold rush are probably pretty easy too.

------------------
Eric Konarske & Lara, my X
'01 Solar Yellow XE 3 Pk. 4x4
Posted by: Al_in_NY

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 08/03/01 09:18 AM

My previous truck was a black Dakota 4x4, and after that I vowed never to own another black vehicle. It wasn't so much the washing; I learned to use one of those dust brushes to keep it looking good after driving it. I hated the fact that the clear coat scratched white anytime I slightly brushed against the truck. My dogs putting their paws on the door would leave white scratches! Anyhow, I bought a silver Xterra for the number one reason of low exterior maintenance. So far it's been great. I can go a long time after washing and it still looks pretty good. No white clear coat scratches anymore!
Posted by: Todrick

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 08/03/01 09:48 AM

I do regret getting Black for that reason... i imagine Kahki would be the easiest.

------------------
Undisputed Mercedes Killing Champion Of The Board
(Damn Those Trailer Hitches are handy)
Posted by: BoarderPhreak

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 08/03/01 10:58 AM

Metallic colors are generally the best colors where you don't notice dirt right away. Lighter ususally being better.

Solar Yellow is cool, but you do see road grime on it, not so much mud/dirt. Black is the worst, by FAR. You'll see *everything* on it. Of course, when it's clean - it's simply amazing. I almost got one.

------------------
2001 Solar Yellow SE 4x4 V6 5spd
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 08/03/01 01:03 PM

Black isn't that difficult! If you put a little care into, it's easy.
1 wax once a month
2 wash once a week
3 wipe down as needed
For these easy 3 steps, you will be rewarded with the sharpest looking vehicle hands down!

------------------
XROCK
www.hxoc.net
Super Black Xterra-
The peoples Champion
Posted by: rob in Austin

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 08/03/01 03:48 PM

Black is the devil .
I have a black car.
It p*sses me off.
My X is yellow and it stays clean. I'd say khaki, goldrush and silver would also be good colors for cleanliness.

------------------
Posted by: BigTom

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 08/03/01 04:53 PM

I have found that by far, Silver looks the best when clean, and shows little dirt when dirty. I actually went 2 weeks without washing it and even when I did, it didn't really look that dirty.

Silver Ice--oh yes

------------------
BT
Posted by: YellowXXXterra

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 08/03/01 08:01 PM

Had a silver Trans Am back in the day. Gotta keep fresh wax on those metallic colored vehicles. They'll fade like a mother f'er if you don't.

------------------
If there were no tomorrow.......how hard would you play today?
Posted by: MidnightX

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 09/03/01 06:00 AM

Black definitely looks best when it is clean. But even when it is dirty, kinda gives it that rugged look...it actually DOES "look good dirty" in my opinion. But I am so mad because I got it washed yesterday and there is tree sap on my hood and it won't come off. UGH!!!

If you live in Florida, definitely BEWARE of pollen season!!!! Going through it right now.

I have a question..for all you yellow X owners, do you fear that one day you will look back and say,"Why did I buy yellow???" because I wanted a yellow one but I was scared that as time passed I would've regretted it because it is such a bright color! But even now I still like them when I see them on the road! Just curious...

------------------
Signed,
Lizz "I finally got my
WAAG guards!" Farhat
Super Black, XE
License Plate "MIDNT
Posted by: blueghost

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 09/03/01 09:29 AM

I haven't washed the mineral blue very much at all. It hides dirt really well, but I think Khaki would be the easiest.

And I can't believe people say white is easy to keep clean! Pain in the butt!!!

------------------
blueghost
'01 Xterra SE 4x4
Posted by: defibvt

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 09/03/01 09:49 AM

Midnight, you can never look back. Yellow is/was the color for me. Besides, I like that it stands out in a crowd.

------------------
There are only three sports-Mountain climbing, bullfighting, and motor racing-all the others being games. --Ernest "Papa" Hemingway
Posted by: BoarderPhreak

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 09/03/01 09:59 AM

I have no regrets now, nor do I anticipate any - at buying the Solar Yellow! It just screams "unique" and "sport" - and finding it in parking lots is all too easy.

It's currently still ranked the number one color choice as far as Xterras go (according to my poll) by a good margin.

------------------
2001 Solar Yellow SE 4x4 V6 5spd

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 09/03/01 12:55 PM

How can it be "different" AND the most popular purchase?

------------------
XROCK
www.hxoc.net
Super Black Xterra-
The Peoples Champion

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 09/03/01 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XROCK23:
How can it be "different" AND the most popular purchase?

Oh, it's TRUE it's TRUE!

(Sorry, that was just a good point and I had to make a reference to WWF somehow since obviously you are a fan!) :-)

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lizz "I finally got my WAAG guards!" Farhat
Super Black, XE
License Plate "MIDNT"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
***TRUST NO ONE***
Posted by: Todrick

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 09/03/01 02:34 PM

hey couldn't you have found another "angle" to work a wwf referance into, that was rather weak

------------------
Undisputed Mercedes Killing Champion Of The Board
(Damn Those Trailer Hitches are handy)

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 09/03/01 10:11 PM

TODRICK,

I'm sooooo jealous I didn't think of that one! Hehe...

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lizz "I finally got my WAAG guards!" Farhat
Super Black, XE
License Plate "MIDNT"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
***TRUST NO ONE***

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 15/03/01 06:48 PM

don't you mean Angel?? according to Jericho?? i personally like, Mr. Roboto

------------------
Just Blue XE 4x4 3pack w/ many extras
and newly added XOC sticker!!!

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 16/03/01 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
I do regret getting Black for that reason... i imagine Kahki would be the easiest.

My X is black and my last car (a civic) was black as well. I just really dig black rides. Higher maintenance yes but the way I look at it, it's just an incentive to keep you truck clean (prevent rust and other ailments).

------------------
Superblack 01 XE
5 Speed
Posted by: 2kxtra

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 17/03/01 05:30 PM

I'd say either Khaki or Gold Rush would hide dirt best. Silver Ice would be best to hide those wonderful off-road brush scratches.

Myself, I still prefer my Super Black X. I think it's the best looking color, with Alpine Green taking a VERY close second. But yeah, it shows dirt very easily and those scratches take a fair amount of buffing to hide. But she's worth it.

------------------
2000 Black SE 4x4, 5spd
=========================
"not all those who wander are lost"
-J.R.R. Tolkien
Posted by: Fletch

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 18/03/01 08:30 AM

The Trophy Bronze hide the dirt like a champ. It was almost 3 days at GOX before you could really tell that it was dirty. I love this color!

------------------
Fletch
"We Know Who You Are... Bronze"
Posted by: kandacarlson

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 18/03/01 04:31 PM

Super black is the easiest color to keep clean, provided you never take your X outside, and keep it in the garage inside one of those inflatable plastic bubbles (speaking from experience).

Otherwise, I would go for Silver, like my Altima, which doesn't shown the white or the dark dirt very much. Gold rush would be good too, I think.

------------------
2001 SE 4x4 5-speed
Super Black
Posted by: PrimeX

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 18/03/01 06:58 PM

The Silver is definately easy to keep clean...it seems to rain here every other day and everytime I go to wash my X I expext to see some major change in contrast..But every time I do wash, it almost looks the same...and that's precisely why I bought this color, it's very easy to take care of!

------------------
2001 SE Silver Ice with newly installed WAAG! "American beer is alot like making love in a rowboat- it's f**king close to water."
Posted by: stumonky

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 19/03/01 05:54 PM

I contemplated for a long time on a light blue color. When that wasn't available we tried to get a Just Blue one, at the last minute I got a relly good deal on a used 2000 Super Black one with 11K in MINT condition. I honestly never like black and I knew it would be a pain in the ass to keep clean. But since I got it, I really have changed attitudes. Ask anyone, a clean black vehicle will outlook anything. The dark background will shine your reflection clearer than any color. It DOES require ample care and upkeep but the reward of that shine is well worth it. I orginally wanted a yellow when they first came out (My Schwinn Moab is yellow & looks awesome!). Now there are just too many of those damn yellow ones around. I have only saw one other black one and it was an XE so I feel I am the dominant for a little while. Even my Dad is a loyal white color buyer but when I pulled up in that shiny black X, he said 'That thing looks good!'. All worth every minute of keeping it spotless. Until we hit the trailhead...-stu

------------------
2000 SE 4X2
SUPER BLACK
Posted by: Carl

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 20/03/01 07:34 PM

Hardest = Black

Easiest = White

------------------
-Carl
Silver XE 4x4
5-Speed
Posted by: Chrisedge

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 30/03/01 11:28 AM

My Goldrush looks killer! (I still wash it once a week)

------------------
2001 Xterra SE 4x4 AT
Gold Rush My X
Posted by: mercyd21

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 30/03/01 01:35 PM

I have a silver ice X and I wanted to get a Black one. But after seeing a neighbors black X I am sure now I made a good choice. Black is nice only in the Showroom....

------------------
01 Silver Ice SE 4X4
Posted by: Vince

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 26/04/01 08:28 AM

Silver X always waxes up in showroom condition if you take care of it.

------------------
Vince
01'Silver Ice SE 4x4
Trek STP 400 OCLV MTB
Colnago (roadie)
Posted by: imacsae

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 26/04/01 05:06 PM

I own a black X and I wouldnt trade it for anything. The best color hands down for any vehicle is black in my humble opinion. It looks fantastic clean and rugged muddy. It does take a bit more elbow grease and some effort to keep it looking good but in my opinion it is worth it.

------------------
'01 Ultra-black XE
Waag front and rear gaurd
Tinted Windows
Souped up system
love it.
Posted by: monkeyman

Re: Easiest color to keep clean - 27/04/01 03:35 PM

clear............like wonder womans airplane

------------------
]00 BLK SE[