Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish

Posted by: Tom G

Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish - 29/04/02 10:55 AM

I got some of this stuff and plan to use it on my stainless exhaust...anyone used it on stainless before? I thought I had heard of a mothers stainless polish...or was that just a normal stainless polish.
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish - 29/04/02 11:22 AM

Why would you want to clean your exhaust? It's under the truck and it won't stay that way for long.
It's stainless so it won't rust, not to look nice.

Brent

Re: Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish - 29/04/02 12:33 PM

I have the stainless nissan exhaust. it's pretty dirty, and thought I'd give it a wipe down on the tip. it's stainless...I might as well have it LOOK stainless.
Posted by: DaveDatsun

Re: Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish - 29/04/02 06:16 PM

Just about any metal polish will work on stainless steel. Stainless is a harder metal than aluminum so changes should be minimal.
By all means, the tip of the sport exhaust, which is easy to notice, looks better all cleaned up.

dave and xtoy - take advantage of what you've got

Re: Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish - 29/04/02 07:22 PM

Thanks very much Dave, that is what I was looking for!
Posted by: Ag Bullet

Re: Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish - 07/05/02 05:47 AM

I use the Mothers metal polish on my tip to help get off residue and stuff that doesn't wash off. It isn't the mag cleaner. It is a paste that comes in a small red and white can, usually near the waxes...
Posted by: BoarderPhreak

Re: Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish - 07/05/02 06:40 AM

You might also try this stuff I've been using for years... Works awesome.

It's called "Magic Wadding" but has been known to have different names, depending on where you get it. You can find it in auto and boat stores, generally. It's an all-purpose metal polish.

It's basically a rough cotton wad, soaked in cleaning/polishing agents. It works on precious metals, aluminum, steel, copper, brass... You name it. It works fantastic.