Super Black X dulling....

Posted by: Gauravvv

Super Black X dulling.... - 29/11/01 01:33 PM

Hey guys, after a wash recently, I noticed that the X didnt have the same brilliant black shine, I washed again thinking that it was prob still dirty, but still seemed really dull, almost like the paint faded in the upper portion of the liftgate. Could it be that it needs to be waxed? I just waxed it a month ago
Posted by: Philosopher

Re: Super Black X dulling.... - 29/11/01 02:01 PM

Black paint fades faster than any other color.
Posted by: sam

Re: Super Black X dulling.... - 29/11/01 03:17 PM

i thought red does
Posted by: sam

Re: Super Black X dulling.... - 29/11/01 03:17 PM

i thought red does
Posted by: socalpunx

Re: Super Black X dulling.... - 29/11/01 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Philosopher:
Black paint fades faster than any other color.

Especially black 2WDs .
Posted by: Todrick

Re: Super Black X dulling.... - 29/11/01 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:

Especially black 2WDs .

laugh
Posted by: defibvt

Re: Super Black X dulling.... - 29/11/01 03:36 PM

Try using the Meguiars 3 step process. This may help your situation. Go to www.meguiars.com for a complete explanation and information where you can get the products.
Posted by: gearhead1972

Re: Super Black X dulling.... - 29/11/01 04:35 PM

My super Black will be 2 years old in January and it still shines like the day I got it . Though it has many more scratches laugh

Re: Super Black X dulling.... - 30/11/01 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:

Especially black 2WDs .

Ouch man, low blow, an X is an X
I didnt need the 4x4, as I dont go off roading
But i still have fun in the X when it snows around here wink

Re: Super Black X dulling.... - 30/11/01 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaurav Masala:

Ouch man, low blow, an X is an X
I didnt need the 4x4, as I dont go off roading
But i still have fun in the X when it snows around here wink

dont worry it wasn't a shot at you but at some of the 4x4 owners... both socalpunX and i have Super Black 4x2's as well

Re: Super Black X dulling.... - 30/11/01 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:

dont worry it wasn't a shot at you but at some of the 4x4 owners... both socalpunX and i have Super Black 4x2's as well

I think 2wd Super Black X owners are of a special breed..don't you think?? wink

Re: Super Black X dulling.... - 30/11/01 01:13 PM

deffinately...
seems most x owners i meet and get along well with are Super Black owners... there are exceptions
Posted by: XXXMark

Re: Super Black X dulling.... - 30/11/01 07:58 PM

As an owner of a '01 Super Black SE 4x4, I've got to let you know that I just tried some products from Griot's Garage and they just blew away Mother's and Meguires without a doubt!! I just washed with a BOAR'S HAIR BRUSH (I was hesitant), clayed, hand polished and finished with their carnauba wax. It now shines like a big black marble on four wheels, without the swirls that the other products couldn't remove!! In addition, keep in mind that Griot's carnauba wax contains the highest wax percentage available, 30%. It's still easy on/off, and provides the best protection against the elements (or so I'm told). I just did the roof and hood in preparation for the winter and will do a complete job in the spring. I'll update at that time, but am thrilled so far. Good luck!! See griotsgarage.com. laugh laugh
Posted by: X-tina

Re: Super Black X dulling.... - 30/11/01 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XXXMark:
As an owner of a '01 Super Black SE 4x4, I've got to let you know that I just tried some products from Griot's Garage and they just blew away Mother's and Meguires without a doubt!! I just washed with a BOAR'S HAIR BRUSH (I was hesitant), clayed, hand polished and finished with their carnauba wax. It now shines like a big black marble on four wheels, without the swirls that the other products couldn't remove!! In addition, keep in mind that Griot's carnauba wax contains the highest wax percentage available, 30%. It's still easy on/off, and provides the best protection against the elements (or so I'm told). I just did the roof and hood in preparation for the winter and will do a complete job in the spring. I'll update at that time, but am thrilled so far. Good luck!! See griotsgarage.com. laugh laugh

I have a black X and last weekend I used Mothers's 3 step (no boars hair brush) but I did use an orbital buffer - took out all the swirls from previous washes..... it looks great again, the paint had what looked like a haze on it before, its gone now though..
Posted by: xcanuk

Re: Super Black X dulling.... - 30/11/01 08:30 PM

I've got an Ebony X.. Canadian Version of super black, the only thing I've noticed is a half dozen fade points, maybe 1" in diameter at different points on the hatch. If I didn't know better, I would swear I had been carrying something on my hatch and they were rub points. Tried everything mentioned above... think I'll have to bring it in for a compound job.