So I tried Scratch X

Posted by: Anonymous

So I tried Scratch X - 15/12/03 10:36 AM

Any other ideas on how to remove some nifty scratches off the X withouth having to spend serious $$$ ScratchX is a no go!
Posted by: rb42

Re: So I tried Scratch X - 15/12/03 11:08 AM

If you can feel it with a fingernail, it's too deep for pretty much anything I've ever seen.

You can use touch-up paint, but I noticed theres a company selling a scraper/squeegee for touch-up use that eliminates the overcoating problems those little bottles seem to have... suposed to give you a very professional touch up result.

ANyone else know what I'm talking about? I Can't remember the company...
Posted by: RI Xterra

Re: So I tried Scratch X - 15/12/03 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rb42:
If you can feel it with a fingernail, it's too deep for pretty much anything I've ever seen.

You can use touch-up paint, but I noticed theres a company selling a scraper/squeegee for touch-up use that eliminates the overcoating problems those little bottles seem to have... suposed to give you a very professional touch up result.

ANyone else know what I'm talking about? I Can't remember the company...
Well I know Plasti-coat(or something like that,can be found at Pep Boys) has the touch up paints that have an attachement thats sorta the effect of a ball point pen so theres not as much of a build up as if you use the little brush...
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: So I tried Scratch X - 17/12/03 05:46 AM

Thanks Guys!

I'll try those methods

Regards,

Juan