any Brand

Posted by: Anonymous

any Brand - 01/09/03 09:16 AM

anybody has any preference on Brands (wax,wash,etc.)
or "wax is wax" "suds are suds" go for the cheapest (inexpensive)..or what???
Posted by: Xterra Kid 2003

Re: any Brand - 01/09/03 09:28 AM

If you look around you will hear alot about this kinda stuff from what i have seen Meguires seems to be the favorit. I like Eagle One products.
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: any Brand - 01/09/03 10:27 AM

Yup, you're far from the first person to ask for advice, try reviewing older topics (see the "show topics from last XXX days below).

Brent
Posted by: epapazia

Re: any Brand - 01/09/03 02:45 PM

I use this stuff called MALMS it is 100% pure carnuba.
Posted by: NetJunkie

Re: any Brand - 01/09/03 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by epapazia:
I use this stuff called MALMS it is 100% pure carnuba.
That's not a good thing. Not sure why people still use Carnuba wax. It's bee wax. It gives the car/truck a yellow tint and only lasts about a month. Go get a nice synthetic clear wax. No color change and it'll last a good 6 months.

Zaino is good. Liquid Glass is good... several others out there.
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: any Brand - 01/09/03 07:59 PM

Um, carnauba wax is NOT bee wax, it comes from a plant.

Check out www.collinite.com for some hard-core wax.

Brent
Posted by: NetJunkie

Re: any Brand - 01/09/03 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
Um, carnauba wax is NOT bee wax, it comes from a plant.

Check out www.collinite.com for some hard-core wax.

Brent
You're right. My mistake. Either way, it doesn't last. Meguiars might look good..but it's gone in about a month.
Posted by: Booya

Re: any Brand - 02/09/03 05:00 PM

I know commercial paint supply stores stock Meguires #26 for wax and Meguires #00 for a deep wash. I've talked to an auto painter and he loves it.

I've used it and I'm not looking to change products from Meguires ever.
Posted by: RckyMtnHi

Re: any Brand - 03/09/03 08:17 AM

Used em all, can't beat Griot's Best Of Show.

Carnuba is boss, don't listen to NetJunkie.

Edit to add Meguiars soap is the best. Cleans great and doesn't remove the wax. Use Dawn to remove everything before a good clay, polish, and wax job.
Posted by: Loop Choke

Re: any Brand - 03/09/03 09:36 AM

I like Turtlewax Emerald Series wax. It leaves no dust.

Jason
Posted by: Xterra Freak

Re: any Brand - 03/09/03 05:23 PM

I have had the best results with DURAGLOSS car wash, and polish. Made by a local company in burlington,NC. Vehicle always has the wet look.Duragloss makes a full line of car care products, check out their site. [B]https://www.duragloss.com . The glass water spot remover is the best. Nothing wrong with Meguires either.
Posted by: Southernx7

Re: any Brand - 03/09/03 06:53 PM

mother's brands for me, with multiple step waxing including cleaner, sealer, wax then protection it's always been my favorite, especially in multiple layers for that added close quarters off-road tree protection.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: any Brand - 30/09/03 12:45 PM

Ok,

But what do you guys use to put the wax on the truck? I bought some yellow cotton towels recently. (The package said they were great for waxing. yeah right), I began to wipe them on my truck and all these little yellow fibers began to stick to the truck. I immediatly stopped and now I need to buy something different. What should I get to put the wax on?

thanks,
Ben E Gas
Posted by: DaveDatsun

Re: any Brand - 30/09/03 03:57 PM

Ben -
The foam applicator pads such as the items sold by meguiars are excellent for waxing.
http://www.meguiars.com/product_showroom/showproducts_template.cfm?SrcLine=CT

Use 100% (USA made) cotton towels to remove the wax. Labeling of furrin towels is not reliable. Wash new towels first. Do not use fabric softener. Remove the label and trim off the edge stiching - they be made of synthetic thread and that can scratch your paint.

dave and xtoy - the shine is under the dirt wink
Posted by: rrdstarr

Re: any Brand - 30/09/03 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveDatsun:
Ben -

Use 100% (USA made) cotton towels to remove the wax. Labeling of furrin towels is not reliable. Wash new towels first. Do not use fabric softener. Remove the label and trim off the edge stiching - they be made of synthetic thread and that can scratch your paint.

dave and xtoy - the shine is under the dirt wink
Dave is right, as usual! The towels Griot has are 100%, even the stitching is cotton. http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_1000&L2=L2_1001&SKU=14600
These are the applicator Pads you want: http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_1000&L2=L2_1005&SKU=11212

Griot's isn't brand loyal! He scours the world to find the best stuff, then puts his name on it, or resells it if someone else makes it.