Vinyl Decal Side Graphics

Posted by: Med24601

Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 06/10/03 04:49 PM

Driving around the other day I saw this yellow X with
a tribal-esque decal along her sides, going across both front and rear doors. Are there any pictures of
other X's with side graphics/decals on them? It got me thinking of adding one on mine, but not sure how the different designs would look on my X [Huh?] . Any thoughts?
Posted by: ChuckH

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 06/10/03 07:27 PM

Boy are you asking for it! Don't make me answer.
Posted by: Canadian5150

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 06/10/03 08:03 PM

Be NICE !!!!
Posted by: imacsae

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 06/10/03 08:05 PM

You will have many complain about doing designs on your truck. It will be called ricey amongst other things. Personally I say to each their own. I have seen a zebra striped X around here and it looks great. I also have some subtle graphics on mine. I think it is an easy way to differentiate your X from the thousands out there. I personally would like to see some more themed trucks. As long as you don't go overboard and do it tastefully I say go for it. in the picture below you can see my hood graphic.

Posted by: panhandleX

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 06/10/03 08:56 PM

Seeing the graphics on your hood reminded me off the topic about painting the center of the hood black like the Land Rovers. So went searching for it. Didn't find it. Anybody have any thought what else to look under in attempts to find it? Thinking about maybe trying it out. Thanks
Posted by: Paul H

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 07/10/03 01:47 AM

All I see is a mexican hanging out the window laugh

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 07/10/03 06:26 AM

What? How did one of those get in there. Oh and since you are HXOC tell fletch he sucks nuts for not making gox this year.
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 07/10/03 06:37 AM

Rhombus from SOXC painted the center of his hood black:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8068

As for "tribal" graphics, that's just ricey. Do something original...

Brent
Posted by: Mapman

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 07/10/03 07:18 AM

Hey imacsae, is that the Empire/Old Republic symbol from Star Wars?
Posted by: wordtothis

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 07/10/03 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
Rhombus from SOXC painted the center of his hood black:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8068

As for "tribal" graphics, that's just ricey. Do something original...

Brent
i have been itchin' to do that and have wondered how it would look, but that link doesn't work for me, is there anywhere else i could get a look at his truck, none of those links show up on my computer, they all have the little red x in them.
david
Posted by: xcanuk

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 07/10/03 08:18 AM

Rhombus

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 07/10/03 08:29 AM

Yeh I figured some folks weren't going to be happy with side decals or custom paint on the X (damn purists laugh ) but what the heck.
Yeh the plain tribal art is nice and all but its over done on everything, so I wont be going that route. I'm trying to come up with ideas that would look cool on the sides (was thinking dragon, but who knows).
Maybe even somthing small on the pretruding section on the back door.
Like you said, just a little something to keep it from looking like all the other great X's out there.
Nice picture by the way.
Posted by: KJ_dragon

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 07/10/03 02:06 PM

Contact this guy. If I remember correctly, he is in the graphics business:

This is TK1 from the Utah Xterra Owners Club (UXOC).

TK1\'s member page

http://www.uxoc.org

TK1 also goes by that name on XOC.
Posted by: TK1

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 07/10/03 02:27 PM

I only do paint though, no vinyl.

www.tkcustoms.com

It's only a page right now until I find time to finish my site.

And another pic of my X.

Posted by: Paul H

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 07/10/03 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by imacsae:
What? How did one of those get in there. Oh and since you are HXOC tell fletch he sucks nuts for not making gox this year.
He dropped out of the club and was selling his Xterra for a minivan.

Trust me we gave him lots of shit over it.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 07/10/03 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EAP:
Hey imacsae, is that the Empire/Old Republic symbol from Star Wars?
That was my first thought too!! Be more appropriate opn VaderX's hood!! [Smoking]

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 07/10/03 04:17 PM

UUhhh, that is VADERX's hood. :rolleyes:
I seem to remember someone at the chilicookoff saying an XOC'r made "kill stickers". I'd be interested in those. Black bear, Imogene pass? Hurricane pass? and from MOAB, poison spider and golden spike too. [Smoking]
Posted by: XTONKA

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 07/10/03 04:20 PM

There is a guy out here that has a major jungle scene on his yellow H2. Looks like it is sitting in very tall plants and vines surrounded by a couple big cats and some snakes and if I remeber correctly there is a Toucan and or a Macaw painted on it as well. Looks pretty cool but a little busy for my likings. (I'm one of those damn purists.) There is a company called Cosmics Custom Airbrush here in Hawaii and they will paint what ever you want wherever you want. Sorry I know that doesn't help all you mainland folk but thought I'd put in my 2 cents.

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 07/10/03 04:46 PM

Well then, that settles it. Ok folks, I think we will have to all go out to Hawaii just to see this craxy looking X and to check out this custom paint shop laugh . Finally a great excuse to get to hawaii. "Seriously honey, its for the X, not me".

Nice work by the way TJ. Not sure if I want to go with the permanance of paint just yet, but hey who knows.

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 07/10/03 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
UUhhh, that is VADERX's hood. :rolleyes:
I seem to remember someone at the chilicookoff saying an XOC'r made "kill stickers". I'd be interested in those. Black bear, Imogene pass? Hurricane pass? and from MOAB, poison spider and golden spike too. [Smoking]
My most humble and deepest apologies to VaderX.

I think I saw those decals on XterraStuff

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 07/10/03 05:32 PM

Gracias; anyone (IAN?) know how to rustle up some Ouray area trail stickers? If there is such a beast?

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 07/10/03 06:34 PM

Yeah that is VADERX in the pictures up there. Imacsae drives VADERX is the situation. It sometimes gets confusing that my screen name and my trucks name are not the same. That being said the decal on the hood is the symbol of the empire.
Posted by: Canope

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 08/10/03 06:06 AM

Just a vinyl Xterra sticker, but it goes across both doors... [img]http://www.grovestreet.com/jsp/onepic.jsp?id=188955[/img]

Sticker
Posted by: Mapman

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 08/10/03 07:15 AM

That's pretty sweet Imacsae, I just got a Fett Skull to put on the back hump, but it's only like 5 by 7 inches so I might put it somewhere where it won't look small.

By the way where did you get huge Empire symbol?

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 08/10/03 09:17 AM

As usual I design my decals on my computer and then take the images in to the graphics shop. She then cuts them out and I apply them. Applying the hood one was kind of a pain in the arse. I almost screwed it up but it turned out pretty good. A fett skull is a kewl thing to do. It would look great in red on like a canteen X. I would put it on the rear hump so that it is off center like the character.

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 16/10/03 11:26 AM

Canope, I tried emailing you but it was blocked and I can't PM you either. So, here I am.

Where'd you get that decal? I've been looking for one like that and can't find what I'm looking for.

GREAT looking X BTW.

PM me if you can.

Thanks, Gonzo
Posted by: Team Foster

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 17/10/03 07:15 AM

You should be able to go to any local sign shop and have them make it for you. Check your local yellow pages.

-Adam
Posted by: Team Foster

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 17/10/03 07:29 AM

If for some reason you cant find a local shop. I know a guy whos local to me who can make it and ship to you.

Adam
Posted by: Canope

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 17/10/03 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gonzo:
Canope, I tried emailing you but it was blocked and I can't PM you either. So, here I am.

Where'd you get that decal? I've been looking for one like that and can't find what I'm looking for.

GREAT looking X BTW.

PM me if you can.

Thanks, Gonzo
It was in the showroom like that. Brand new with a sticker! When I first bought it, I thought it was factory. The Nissan dealer is in Hanover Twp Pa. Tel 570 825 4581. Next time I'm there I will ask. Either give a call or wait a week or two for me to find out.

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 16/11/03 04:19 PM

I found a great graphics site at
defebographics.tripod.com He will make and install anything you like or if you want to install it yourself he will send it to you. My rigg is posted at this site.

Re: Vinyl Decal Side Graphics - 16/11/03 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TK1:
I only do paint though, no vinyl.

www.tkcustoms.com

It's only a page right now until I find time to finish my site.

And another pic of my X.

i like the design TK but..what is it?