Service Manuals

Posted by: BoarderPhreak

Service Manuals - 15/11/00 02:11 PM

Not exactly "owner manual" related, but pretty close.

Those of you that have either the electronic (CD-based, PDF file) service manual or the dead tree version... I assume it's definately worth it, judging by a few pix I've seen out of it.

The price tag on these things is outrageous, though - $295?! Anyone out there find a similar product that's any good for less? Something like the ol' trusty Bentley manuals or such?
Posted by: XOC

Re: Service Manuals - 15/11/00 08:03 PM

You won't find anything.

Hayes and Climber just got around to doing 1994 Pathfinder books, and they're nothing close to the service manual (2000+ pages).
Posted by: livelife123

Re: Service Manuals - 15/11/00 09:35 PM

227 at http://208.203.130.150/x/acc.html
for the cd rom version

dave
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: Service Manuals - 15/11/00 09:53 PM

I still haven't gotten around to having a look, but I have access to the Mitchell On Demand software. I understand it has Xterra coverage, and if it's what it's cracked up to be it should be very good. It's updated quarterly.

Then again, it's $3300 for a 1 year subscription...

Brent

[This message has been edited by OffroadX (edited November 15, 2000).]
Posted by: kayak_x

Re: Service Manuals - 16/11/00 01:29 PM

The $230 is worth it for the CD manual. I used it recently to help visualize some of the steps in Offroadx's mod instructions for decoupling the AC from the defrost settings (Thanks Brent! Works like a charm). I don't like tinkering unless I know what to expect behind the panel I'm about to remove.

------------------
- kayak_x
2000 Alpine SE 4x4
Posted by: kayak_x

Re: Service Manuals - 16/11/00 01:31 PM

And at least the CD-ROM service manual fits in the glove box which is more than I can say for the regular owner's manual. More proof that the engineering and documentation departments don't talk to each other.

------------------
- kayak_x
2000 Alpine SE 4x4
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: Service Manuals - 16/11/00 03:08 PM

Happy to be of service

Brent

Re: Service Manuals - 16/11/00 08:10 PM

Quite honestly, I'm gonna go for for the CD version from the Xterra Store one way or the other, but I was wondering what else, if anything - was out there. The nice thing about the CD/PDF format is that you can scale it, snip out relevant pieces and print out all you want and not worry about trashing the normal paper manual. You can CD-R yourself a copy for the car or garage, etc.
Posted by: BlueSky

Re: Service Manuals - 18/11/00 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kayak_x:
And at least the CD-ROM service manual fits in the glove box which is more than I can say for the regular owner's manual.

We keep our owner's manual in the driver's side door bin. Put it in and slide it all the way forward. Works like a charm and frees up the glovebox.

Russell

Re: Service Manuals - 20/11/00 10:25 AM

Oh, we're talking about the service manual which is optional... Not the owner's manual.

But yeah - that's where I keep mine, too. Driver side door pocket. Damned thing won't fit in the glove box anyway.