Yo, I'm thinking of upgrading to a high performance owners manual.

Posted by: Matt Peckham

Yo, I'm thinking of upgrading to a high performance owners manual. - 30/11/01 10:08 AM

Any suggestions?
Posted by: Strom

Re: Yo, I'm thinking of upgrading to a high performance owners manual. - 30/11/01 10:18 AM

Make sure it has the twin turbo kit. Other than that, you should be very happy.

Don't be fooled by cheap imitations...the high performance manual has a "Type-R" sticker on it.
wink
Posted by: socalpunx

Re: Yo, I'm thinking of upgrading to a high performance owners manual. - 30/11/01 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Peckham:
Any suggestions?

Matt you are looking for more performance in the actual book ? Are you looking for more speed and accuracy with page turning ? Or do you want it to be able to handle more severe conditions? Might I suggest looking at the basics first : lighter paper , a hard cover (kevlar is a possibility ) and a stronger binding.

If you want to really go to the extreme you might want to consider sizing. Possibly reformatting it into a smaller package with lightweight paper and a kevlar cover with a high tension binding would add portibility as well as strength.

Matt , can you be more specific as to what kind of performance you are looking for ? Are you looking at more torque , more low end or more top end ? What will the apliction be that you will be using this new performance for?

Re: Yo, I'm thinking of upgrading to a high performance owners manual. - 30/11/01 10:55 AM

well, as it is, I have noticed it is especially hard to turn pages when you have gloves on. and it's DEFINITELY too heavy, but I wouldn't mind if it were fatter AND lighter.

I like what you are saying, Socal, that kevlar idea is interesting, but what about perhaps a retractable flat panel display instead book? That would be cool, and maybe get steering wheel controls so you can read it while driving. Maybe even, no way, it's too crazy....

Re: Yo, I'm thinking of upgrading to a high performance owners manual. - 30/11/01 11:04 AM

Kevlar covered ,high intensity binding, steering wheel mounted, larger formated ,printed on superstrong tissue paper to keep the weight down, tabs for easy topical access with a remote! Why hadn't anyone thought about this before? 1st the superrack now the high performance owner's manual. You ARE some sort of mad scientist aren't you ?

Re: Yo, I'm thinking of upgrading to a high performance owners manual. - 30/11/01 11:17 AM

well, I was thinking Tyvek pages, unwrippable, and waterproof! In an emergency they can be used as tourniquets, and they don't mind being wrinkled.

Now, for the cover I was thinking dimond plate, aluminum, 5 ||||| cross. Like the Land Rovers have. I'll sacrifice a little weight for some style. maybe anodized blue.....

Now we are getting somewhere.

You were supposed to ask me about my crazy idea before I forget it, bitch!

Re: Yo, I'm thinking of upgrading to a high performance owners manual. - 30/11/01 11:25 AM

Of course it needs to have some sort of security feature so it can be locked and opened by remote. You don't want anyone stealing it with all of your notes on your own personal R&D and ripping off your soon to be patented ideas .
Posted by: Saline

Re: Yo, I'm thinking of upgrading to a high performance owners manual. - 30/11/01 01:24 PM

I would like to see a section in the manual that contains toilet paper,not the cheap stuff with woodchips in it , I mean the real Macoy, like charmin er somthing along those lines.
Posted by: stormy

Re: Yo, I'm thinking of upgrading to a high performance owners manual. - 07/12/01 02:08 PM

I think Matt has cranked his torsion bars too high. that's why he's not getting the page turning performance that he's looking for.

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: stormy ]
Posted by: Paul H

Re: Yo, I'm thinking of upgrading to a high performance owners manual. - 10/12/01 02:33 AM

Quote:
Any suggestions?

Get a job you have to much time on your hands wink
Posted by: jamesR

Re: Yo, I'm thinking of upgrading to a high performance owners manual. - 27/12/01 09:20 PM

here is an idea. We go above the Aluminum and move straight to the big time metal titanium. light weight very strong and durable. As for the pages get rid of them and add a Palm pilot loaded with with all the infor you need for you X and allows you to add notes anytime. Add in a cell-phone modem and you can connect to XOC any time. Tissue paper dispenser could also be added but it would have to be high density tissue that would be soft but could double up as a first aid bandage. laugh
Posted by: Jeffrey Robinson

Re: Yo, I'm thinking of upgrading to a high performance owners manual. - 05/01/02 12:29 PM

Quote:
well, I was thinking Tyvek pages, unwrippable, and waterproof! In an emergency they can be used as tourniquets, and they don't mind being wrinkled.

So are you going to remove the binding, or just use some quick disconnects to make the pages acessable? Maybe lifting the manual would give you the clearance to get your gloves in between the pages for ease of turning.

If you used a large enough Titanium cover with the disconnects, you could possibly use the cover as a waffle.

I'm guessing you'll want the cover in Solar Yellow.
Posted by: mineralblue

Re: Yo, I'm thinking of upgrading to a high performance owners manual. - 07/01/02 10:42 AM

I always keep my manual on the floor... I think being low to the ground gives it better handling wink
Posted by: mmUTK

Re: Yo, I'm thinking of upgrading to a high performance owners manual. - 07/01/02 09:30 PM

I don't have a manual I have an auto

:p