Oil Filter Specifications

Posted by: GABELLE

Oil Filter Specifications - 09/08/01 11:51 AM

The owners manual is DEFINITLEY not specific on the kind of filter I should use..The type of oil is in there, but not the filter. Can someone help me please?

2001 White Xterra XE owner :rolleyes:
Posted by: Rumpy

Re: Oil Filter Specifications - 09/08/01 02:50 PM

Ummmm This one? http://www.xterraparts.com/cgi-bin/miva?...ode=15208-00001

If you are asking for the generic code, it varies on brand. Usually the store you buy the filter in will have one of those reference books that will tell you
Posted by: Rev'n X

Re: Oil Filter Specifications - 09/08/01 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GABELLE:
The owners manual is DEFINITLEY not specific on the kind of filter I should use..The type of oil is in there, but not the filter. Can someone help me please?

2001 White Xterra XE owner :rolleyes:

Need to be careful here. I've seen an X come into the shop with a Penzoil (ie Fram) filter that was rubbing against the alternator bracket. Came from a quick lube place. If the thing had time I wouldn't guarantee that the can might not wear through and the results would be a disaster. Nissan filter is a good choice as far as I'm concerned.
Posted by: Kerensky97

Re: Oil Filter Specifications - 09/08/01 11:09 PM

Just do a Search.

Don't flame me I meant the web not the XOC.

Choose what brand you want, goto their website and look for Oil Filter Applications.

Both the K&N and Mobil websites have specs for the Xterra, I wouldnt use any other store bought oil filter, except maybe Amisol but they don't sell around here.