2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers

Posted by: Anonymous

2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 30/12/05 05:12 PM

I don't want to rattle Carlton too much, so y'all can check out info. as you want.

But AC (http://www.4x4parts.com) just released 2.5" lift coils AND rear AAL or Shackles (your pick) for $197.50. That beats the hell out of the "cheap" spacer lifts that are available (for a higher price, I might add!)

If you just want the lift coils, they're only $139.99.

2005+ Xterra Lifts

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 30/12/05 05:41 PM

that's cool

The only thing I don't like is having to extend my break lines and ABS. As I am still getting my hands dirty this look more out of my reach and would have to bring it to a shop to do the work.

I like it though

Now do you think that you could add both this lift and the other together and get your 4.5" of lift?

Or was that just a really dumb question and I should leave now.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 30/12/05 05:46 PM

Don't leave now.
You'd think that they would provide you with the things you need to do the MOD correctly. Why not put in the wires for the ABS and the extra brake lines, charge us, at least we won't have to hunt down parts trial and error.

OR, Give us resources to get the parts locally, part numbers etc. Shock lengths vendors.

Looks like just what I want, besides the missing parts.

MC

How stupid can they get?

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 30/12/05 06:24 PM

Yea for new options! Couple things though,
First:
Why wouldn't we need new front shock/struts since it is extending the travel?
Why would you need to alter the lines if they are the same size shackles as the Daystar lift and no changes are needed there?

No more questions yet, but this looks like a better solution, eh?

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 30/12/05 06:28 PM

Am I wrong or this a better way to lift the X by 2.5 inches then the daystar solution? PLEASE SOMEONE WITH MORE TECH KNOWLEDGE HELP EDUCATE ME... Are they right that a this will not change the CV angles? If that is the case then no alignment would be needed afterwards, correct?
This seems to be a great Solution / Package.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 30/12/05 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AZN8iveX:
Am I wrong or this a better way to lift the X by 2.5 inches then the daystar solution? PLEASE SOMEONE WITH MORE TECH KNOWLEDGE HELP EDUCATE ME... Are they right that a this will not change the CV angles? If that is the case then no alignment would be needed afterwards, correct?
This seems to be a great Solution / Package.
Reread what they are saying as the CV angles will change just like they will with the Daystar lift. The only thing they are saying is that the CV joint angles will not get too extreme to cause problems.

You will still need an alignment with this kit.

Using longer coils is better than spacers like the Daystar lift but the installation will be more of a hassle since you need spring compressors to do it.

The fact you need to dig up longer lines for the brakes and ABS adds a certain hassle factor also.

The coils should handle more weight as is mentioned for a front winch and bumper so this also would be a plus for the longer coil lift if you are going that way.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 30/12/05 07:10 PM

The Add says...

"…Coils keep the factory CV angles and steering components within factory design parameters."
( EDITED after re-re-reading it I think I see what you are saying...)

This to me means "No change" of CV angles and No alignment necessary. Am I misinterpreting it?

( EDITED after re-re-reading it I think I see what you are saying...)

I aggree about the brake hoses, ABS lines, and the need to compress the coils makes this a hard install, but I am more concerned about the actually product in use. Plus I will get to use braided lines for the brakes for added safety.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 30/12/05 08:13 PM

No matter what they say those springs are going to be puttin' a hurt on those stock front shocks/struts... i would try to find shocks just a little bit(about an inch) longer than stock. -jus my 2 cents

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 30/12/05 08:16 PM

Quote:

This to me means "No change" of CV angles and No alignment necessary. Am I misinterpreting it?
An alignment IS necessary after the lift, without question. A shop coil press, is the only safe way to install the coils with this setup. One of those rental/harbor freight presses would make for a damn scary day doing a mod.

Performance wise this is the best lift available so far....

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 30/12/05 08:28 PM

Gabe,
Who in town should I have do the work? This is likely beyond me.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 30/12/05 08:37 PM

well, any shop should have the press available. Some place like desert rat would probably be able to do the install and alignment in one shot.

Cheaper method:
You could probably take off your stock coils and shocks, take them with the new coils to a shop and have them do the swap for you, take them home and put the back on, then drive to an alignment. The rear add a leaf and shackles can be done in about an hour tops. I would call a firestone or other type of shop and see if they would just swap the coils for you.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 30/12/05 08:39 PM

Thanks Gabe.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 31/12/05 01:38 PM

So which is a better solution AAL's or Shackles on the rear? How do you know that extension lines have to be put in. I don't remember hearing anything from daystar about this with there kit.

Just a few more questions. Are the coils with these kits different lengths?, because the kit with the shackles says you get 1.5 inches of lift and the AAL's claims 2.5 inches of lift.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 31/12/05 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bgloveX:
So which is a better solution AAL's or Shackles on the rear? How do you know that extension lines have to be put in. I don't remember hearing anything from daystar about this with there kit.

Just a few more questions. Are the coils with these kits different lengths?, because the kit with the shackles says you get 1.5 inches of lift and the AAL's claims 2.5 inches of lift.
As for the rear, if you are looking for more suspension travel in the rear the shackles will allow the rear tires to droop and stuff more. AAL will make the rear pack stiffer and more difficult to bottom out. Shackles have more of an "offroad" benefit. AAL serve more for towing or for someone who carries more weight in the rear of the X (keeps the rear from sagging.

As for the brake lines the ability to droop the rear further probably causes the brakelines to extend more than stock allows thus needing longer ones. True the daystar kit doesn't require them and uses longer shackles as well but AC must have done some research on this.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 31/12/05 01:51 PM

Thanks Gabe.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 31/12/05 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by USMC XTERRA:
Don't leave now.
You'd think that they would provide you with the things you need to do the MOD correctly. Why not put in the wires for the ABS and the extra brake lines, charge us, at least we won't have to hunt down parts trial and error.

OR, Give us resources to get the parts locally, part numbers etc. Shock lengths vendors.

Looks like just what I want, besides the missing parts.

MC

How stupid can they get?
How much of a mod princess are you? Have you ever heard that trucks are built not bought. You are the type of guy who would complain about the calmini SAS because they don't give you the axle too, or a number of someone who has one for sale or a shop to put your gears in :rolleyes:

As for the "how stupid can they get?" lets see you get off your ass and put months and thousands of dollars worth of engineering into a lift that is A: functional B: cost effective and then we will all sit and see if you want to go state by state and list all the suppliers of brake lines/shocks/and all other potential parts some customer may need. Gimme a break. If you really want the kit you will put some effort into making it work for your vehicle. Sorry if you are offended by my comments but I am impressed more by people who do the work with their own hands instead of paying a shop and those who use their god given ability to think, problem solve and adjust. Than those who brag about how someone else put their lift on and did all thier work and then try to show off as if they are the hands and minds behind the work.

--I do appreciate the contribution you make to our armed forces, freedom is not free.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 31/12/05 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gbizzle:
Quote:
Originally posted by bgloveX:
[b]So which is a better solution AAL's or Shackles on the rear? How do you know that extension lines have to be put in. I don't remember hearing anything from daystar about this with there kit.

As for the rear, if you are looking for more suspension travel in the rear the shackles will allow the rear tires to droop and stuff more. AAL will make the rear pack stiffer and more difficult to bottom out. Shackles have more of an "offroad" benefit. AAL serve more for towing or for someone who carries more weight in the rear of the X (keeps the rear from sagging.

As for the brake lines the ability to droop the rear further probably causes the brakelines to extend more than stock allows thus needing longer ones. True the daystar kit doesn't require them and uses longer shackles as well but AC must have done some research on this.[/b]
I have to seriously doubt the need for extensions. I think the Daystar lift has 2 inch rear shackles while this lift has only 1.5 inch rear shackles. Additionally, the Daystar lift has already been installed on an X for a few months and we haven't heard about any problems with the lines.

Won't be sure until someone gives it a shot though.

EDIT: I just realized that there are two lifts available. The shackle lift is 1.5" and should not require extensions. The AAL lift is 2.5 inches and does appear to require extensions.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 01/01/06 09:32 AM

I'm seriously considering the 2.5" over the Daystar option. I can do brake lines, I'll just replace with braided, but it's the ABS wiring I'm more concerned with if that requires extended, is there some kind of harness extension that will clip right in, or is this gonna require some cutting / soldering?

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 01/01/06 10:04 AM

Rinky I thing the lines are my biggest concerns too. The other gotcha on the 2.5 inch lift is that it requires longer shock for the rear. I am really hoping to hear from Double D on this issue. His expertise may be invaluable. He is a living Xterra 05 / 06 suspension expert.
Maybe he could recommend the appropriate replacement shock for this upgrade or if they are truly needed.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 01/01/06 12:35 PM

Another nice thing about the AAL (other than the price), is that it should fix the bottoming out problem that some people are experiencing. The shackels likely won't fix the bottoming out.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 01/01/06 11:51 PM

I really really
really
really cannot imagine needing longer shocks with either lift...I did a 2" lift with my last vehicle, 2wd '99 Dodge Durango and those incredibly awful and inadequate shocks didn't give me a second of problem with the added distance.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 02/01/06 07:42 AM

haha.. I like the term "Mod Princess". If you don't like it, just wait for about a 1/2 a dozen people to figure out how to do it before you get involved.

As far as the brake lines..usually, in jeeps, I was thinking to bend the coiled braided reinforced part down and then drill and remount the rubber line mount a little lower- assuming it comes off the frame. I prefer rubber lines, braided ones won't stretch, they just snap.

I don't know about the abs wiring. This type of lift shouldn't exceed 2 inches or so, otherwise and IFS subframe job should be done. What I like is the option to put more spring rate in to compensate for skid plate and winch weight.

even so, I would only want a winch mount- not the whole bumper. the front diff is kind of small and weight is bad in general.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 02/01/06 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mike100:
haha.. I like the term "Mod Princess". If you don't like it, just wait for about a 1/2 a dozen people to figure out how to do it before you get involved.

As far as the brake lines..usually, in jeeps, I was thinking to bend the coiled braided reinforced part down and then drill and remount the rubber line mount a little lower- assuming it comes off the frame. I prefer rubber lines, braided ones won't stretch, they just snap.

I don't know about the abs wiring. This type of lift shouldn't exceed 2 inches or so, otherwise and IFS subframe job should be done. What I like is the option to put more spring rate in to compensate for skid plate and winch weight.

even so, I would only want a winch mount- not the whole bumper. the front diff is kind of small and weight is bad in general.
All true. But adding some sort of mount to your current bumper will NOT fix one the major problems with the X bumper: APPROACH ANGLE. With the aftermarket bumper, you don't just get a winch mount. You get a huge improvement in approach angle; this is a life saver off-road and its value cannot be overestimated.

IMHO getting the stronger springs up front, then adding a bumper and a winch to them, is the best option.

Personally, I decided to cancel my Daystar order and wait to see how this new lift works for people. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that the spacers just weren't an option for me; because I'm getting the Shrock bumper and will also add a winch at some point in the future.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 02/01/06 10:29 AM

So what will it take to fix the abs problem on this?
Just re-wireing?

-G

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 02/01/06 03:19 PM

Anybody know what size tire will clear with both of these lifts?
Posted by: defibvt

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 03/01/06 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
I'm seriously considering the 2.5" over the Daystar option. I can do brake lines, I'll just replace with braided, but it's the ABS wiring I'm more concerned with if that requires extended, is there some kind of harness extension that will clip right in, or is this gonna require some cutting / soldering?
My lift which is Daystar is 2.5 to 3 inches. No problems with lines whatsoever. I was there for the before and after measurements. As a side note, I don't take it easy on the lift either. I have the scars and scratches to prove it.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 03/01/06 07:10 AM

Well if the $4700 commission check I just got paid is correct (Highly unlikely) then this will be on order later today! lol. Damn payroll screwing with me tho I think, that's about 20x my normal commission.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 03/01/06 08:26 AM

For those of you trying to decide between the daystar lift and ac lift, this might help. Jane over at AC told me, "The lift will work in conjunction with the future lifts we will be releasing."

So if you plan to lift it higher in the future, AC lift will be a good bet.
Posted by: TJ

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 03/01/06 09:26 AM

A clarification...most of the time, if wording mentions staying within design parameters, it means it can be compensated for by the rest of the system, NOT that it won't affect it.

Kind of like the 3" SL for the pre-'05's...sure, it messed up the alignment, but not beyond the available range of adjustment to get it aligned again.

laugh

Most of the time, especially for a modest SL, you can just loosen the brake line attachment points, and flex it out to see where it goes...and then relocate/re-attach as appropriate.

Chances are the front IFS travel won't change a whole lot, you are just pre-drooping the suspension to get lift, eating downtravel to get more uptravel and ride height....so front shock travel will probably be fine stock as far as length goes.

I haven't measured a rear shock on a '05, but the pre-'05's shocks were too short to take advantage of the 3" SL.

The longer shocks really let the rear droop much further.

I'm not sure if Darlington Skidderz fit the leaf packs on the '05's either, but, if they do, going with the top mount shock version would let the stock shock, or a longer one too, droop further before running out of shaft.

laugh

Check the lengths of the breather tubes too, not just brake lines...I forgot to do that on a lift, once,...not pretty when the water gets in there.

laugh

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 03/01/06 09:29 AM

Does anyone know, are these shipping now? I am going to try and cancel my Daystar order. I do like this setup a lot more.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 03/01/06 10:39 AM

I just got off of the phone with Jane at AC and she said that if you go with the shackles you may not have to do anything with the brake lines and ABS as the test truck they used did not need to do anything to the brake system. IF you go with the AAL then you will need to do modification with the brake system.

They said they are also working on a kit for steel braided lines and ABS extension kit that they hopefully will have available to order within a week. Also she wanted me to pass this along: THEY ARE NOW SOLD OUT OF THE LIFT KITS. THEY WILL HAVE ANOTHER RUN IN THREE WEEKS. ANY ORDERS PLACED WILL BE ON BACK ORDER so she asked me to pass along to hold off on placing any orders until the three weeks have passed. You can call her to see if they have any more in stock.

She could not figure out how they got so many orders that quickly. I told her that it was talked about on just about every Xterra club that I have come across. She was very impressed with the amount of word of mouth that was out there on these kits.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 03/01/06 10:40 AM

Well if they sold out that quickly, hopefully they make a few more next time! smile The ABS extension kit sounds sweet. They should throw that all in with the AAL kit and charge a little more for it, I'm sure folks like myself would pay the extra $50 or whatever.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 03/01/06 10:48 AM

This product is evolving into a pretty awesome package. I am definitely ordering mine on the next run if they have all the extension kits, etc...

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 03/01/06 10:48 AM

I was surprised as well about it. I don't think they were expecting that kind of a result when they listed it on their site. I knew that it was coming out right around X-mas time but didn't know the exact date. I've been talking with her about this kit and other things for the past couple of months now. I think that they now have a good idea of how popular these are and about the pricing. I told her that they are beating out the Daystar pricing and a few people have actually talked about cancelling their orders with Daystar to run AC's stuff. I just placed my order with her while on the phone which was the last one as she had it held for me.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 03/01/06 10:51 AM

Quote:
This product is evolving into a pretty awesome package. I am definitely ordering mine on the next run if they have all the extension kits, etc...
She said that if you get the shackle one you won't need to do anything to the lines, etc as they didn't do anything to their test rig. The only one you need to do anything to is the AAL kit. I also asked her if the possibility to run the AAL's in conjunction with the shackles like with the first generation is possible. She said she doesn't know as they haven't tried it but she said that they might try it.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 03/01/06 02:57 PM

Hey Dan, any news about the BL coming? laugh

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 03/01/06 05:52 PM

sweet, well I'll be ordering in 3 weeks. I'd also buy the ABS/brake line extension if they offer one, in case anyone wants to know.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 04/01/06 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PonyBoy:
Hey Dan, any news about the BL coming? laugh
I'll ask her about it when I call her on Thursday or Friday and will let you know.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 04/01/06 01:12 PM

I just got an email from Mike at AC,
Quote:
keep checking the web page for new updated pictures and upcoming 3" body lifts for Xterra and Frontier, scheduled to be released later this week.
Good things come to those who wait...

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 05/01/06 12:18 PM

Just an update for everyone.

I just talked with Jane and she will have more of the lift kits in on the 20th of this month.

They still are accepting orders and putting people's names on a list for those that are interested in getting the kit.

In addition to that I asked her about the 3" BL kit and she said that it will hopefully be on the site either today or tomorrow. She wasn't 100% sure on the price but said it might be in the $200-$300 range. I guess there is a lot involved with the BL as the radiator and other things are relocated with the lift hence the price being as high as it is.

The good thing is the radiator won't sit so damn low any more. laugh

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 05/01/06 01:04 PM

Wow, wonder what kind of tires you can shove under there with a 2.5" SL and a 3" BL. I mean the body line of the 05 was as high as an 04 with a 2" BL.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 05/01/06 01:30 PM

You can probably go up to a 35". The reason that you can't go past a 33" as of now is because the wheelwell is only 34" so you'll have to do some trimming in order for anything to fit. With the BL you might be able to do that because it should be up high enough to be able to clear it with no issues. Won't know until they come out and someone tries it.
Posted by: hattrik21

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 06/01/06 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Galusha:
Quote:
[b]This product is evolving into a pretty awesome package. I am definitely ordering mine on the next run if they have all the extension kits, etc...
She said that if you get the shackle one you won't need to do anything to the lines, etc as they didn't do anything to their test rig. The only one you need to do anything to is the AAL kit. I also asked her if the possibility to run the AAL's in conjunction with the shackles like with the first generation is possible. She said she doesn't know as they haven't tried it but she said that they might try it.[/b]
I'm confused by this comment as I'm not the most mechanical so bare with me. If shackles provide better artculation then that would mean more wheel travel over all.. correct?

The AAL's have an extra inch of clearance but not as much travel, right?

Will the shackles not provide more drop distance than the AAL or will the articualtion differance between the 2 lifts going to be less than an inch?

If you don't need to make the change with the shackles with better wheel travel I don't see why the change would be needed on the AAL but then again, I'm sure they tested it.... right? smile

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 09/01/06 01:56 PM

Basically the shackles provide 1.5" of lift, the AALs 2.5"
The coils up front are the same so you are either going to level out the X with the shackles and you will end up with about the same nose drop as the factory difference with AALs.
The extra inch requires new brake lines (which will be ready to order by 1/20)

My question, IYO would a full Shrock bump/front skid compress the coils much?

W/ AALs would it start to look really raked? [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsDown]

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 11/01/06 12:08 PM

Just got them in right now. I can't wait until Friday so that I can go and do the install. They coils aren't that bad. They are pretty light and doing the intall yourself will be doable with the spring compressor from your local auto parts store.

I will have pics taken during the install. Here's the two pics that I just took after getting them out of the box and unwrapped. I'm going to talk with the guy as to the reason that he says you can't do an AAL and shackle combo since we could do it one the first generations.

Yes that is actually in graved into the side of the coil.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 11/01/06 12:45 PM

Cool Dan! Good luck on the install

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 11/01/06 01:14 PM

So for those who are gonna get this lift, who's going with the AAL and who is gonna go with the shackle?

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 11/01/06 01:57 PM

For the AAL you will need to do the brake mods. When I was talking with Mark I believe is his name he said that they will have only the brake line extensions. The ABS is just a wiring harness so from what he was saying you are responsible for cutting your own harness and splicing in the additional amount of wires needed to do it. I'm going to wait and see if they will just have the brake line extensions and that's it. If that's the case then I don't know how many people will actually buy the AAL as you will need to do your own extension to the harness.

I also asked him about running the AAL and shackle combo like I had on my first gen X and he said that he is not recommending it to anyone as it will make the Xterra sit to high in the rear and I guess make it unsafe?? I never had a problem with my set up on the other X. I might just order the AAL any how and then if I don't like the way that it looks then will take it off as it doesn't take all that long to put them on any ways.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 11/01/06 02:18 PM

I liked the AAL simply for more clearance for one but it should also stiffen up the leafs and I hope it will also correct the bottoming out we all know about. I am a little weary of moving wires but brake lines aren't that hard to do if they provide the correct lengths.
Posted by: Walrus

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 11/01/06 02:59 PM

I would think you could install the AAL 2.5" lift, and keep the stock rear shocks, which would limit downtravel, and wouldn't require extending anything.

Once you put on long travel rear shocks, you will then need extensions.

I can see the rear leafs doing the same thing as the 1st gen Xterra.. sack out if you put on a shackle.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 11/01/06 06:35 PM

I ordered the shackle kit last week. My first ever offroad mod ever. Can't wait.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 11/01/06 07:06 PM

Once the wire kit is available or I figure out how to do the extension I am ordering the AALs.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 12/01/06 04:28 PM

I ordered the shackle kit for the sense of ease.
I want to keep the brand new stock Bilsteins, I really like the AAL though, I think the shackles will actually make you a tad higher in the front. If you can run stock shocks with no brake line extensions it would be a no brainer to go AAL.
Also the cost of either isn't bad so it would be an easy change (or addition if it's possible!)
Spacers/coils up front & AAL/Shackles in back = one nice cheap lift!

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 15/01/06 07:07 AM

Dan,
Was wondering if you got your install done and how it went? Could you post some pics of the finished product and give your opinions on the difficulty of doing this lift yourself etc...

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 16/01/06 09:52 AM

Well,

Man this weekend really sucked for me as far as the lift is concerned. The Friday the 13th carried over the entire weekend. On Friday by the time I got into my space at the hobby shop and started to take the spring off the guy asked how long it will take me. I told him about 4 hours because I am taking pics and writing down the tools needed to do the thing. He said unless I can do that amount of work in 2 hours then I shouldn't start. So I put the connecting rod back onto the front sway bar, tighened everything back up and then left. The nice thing is that I didn't have to pay.

I talked to my dad and his friend has a driveway but no garage that I could have used to do the lift as it was suppost to be nice the entire weekend up there the last time he heard. Well it rained all day on Saturday and then it was crappy out side on Sunday so I couldn't do the lift then. I'm totally disappointed as there are a lot of people there were waiting for me to get this thing on this weekend. If I didn't have to take the wife up there for the baby shower then it would have been on for sure. (I'm not complaining about taking her there as we got a lot of nice things for the baby). So now I have to wait until Wednesday to get it put on. I don't care how tired I am it's going to be put on that day. I got the lift in the back of the truck and then I'll be going to the hobby shop to do it. I might just make the long drive down to the one in Oceana to get it on since they open at 9 am compaired to the one here at NOB which opens at something like 11 am.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 16/01/06 10:48 AM

Dan your so fired.....JK. Just take your time and do it right, I'm sure a few more days won't kill us.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 16/01/06 11:04 AM

Damn it. Fired again. [Crybaby] laugh I'll get it on by Wednesday. Sorry for the delay. Seems like there are a lot of people waiting to see what it looks like. I guess I can say I'm the first one to get one of these from them so I also have to send in a report to Jane along with Pics.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 16/01/06 11:33 AM

Shouldn't we be paying for this kind of service? laugh

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 16/01/06 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by KS:
shhh!

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 16/01/06 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KS:
I'll gladly accept donations. I need some other stuff for the truck as well. laugh

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 17/01/06 07:39 PM

Well to let everyone know. I'm running
the 3BL and 2.5 Coil with AAL. Looks great
Just that i don't have tires yet... Mine was
the test model for all you offroad junkies!
See ya on the trails SXFC

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 17/01/06 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Xterra_309:
Well to let everyone know. I'm running
the 3BL and 2.5 Coil with AAL. Looks great ...

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 17/01/06 08:06 PM

Well excuse me [Uh Oh !]
http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html/shop/shop_image/product/6dced079e9269f6ee891974aae4113bd.jpg
sorry i don't have a digital camera.
iknow i know its 2006, every1 has one.
This is also with out the SL on

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 18/01/06 10:19 AM

Xterra309,

Looks like it's just you, me and the one they own that has one right now. I'm getting ready to go to the shop now to get mine on. laugh

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 18/01/06 12:52 PM

I thought they sold out of this lift?

I want to install the 2.5" lift, but don't have the money for the new shocks right now.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 18/01/06 01:24 PM

Maybe they only made 2 smile

I will be placing my order for the AAL kit here this week and then just wait for the break lines. I can handle the ABS cable extensions. I just want to make sure I get the lift before they run out again. smile

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 18/01/06 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Muzikman:
Maybe they only made 2 smile

I will be placing my order for the AAL kit here this week and then just wait for the break lines. I can handle the ABS cable extensions. I just want to make sure I get the lift before they run out again. smile
Actually the ABS cable extensions shouldn't be that difficult. Just need to make sure you make good water proof splices.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 18/01/06 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kokopop:
Quote:
Originally posted by Muzikman:
[b]Maybe they only made 2 smile

Actually the ABS cable extensions shouldn't be that difficult. Just need to make sure you make good water proof splices.[/b]
That's what I figure. I am confident in my wiring/soldering skills, so it won't be a problem. I'm pretty sure I could even find break lines that would work, but that seems to be too much trouble in my mind. I'll just wait for them.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 18/01/06 01:39 PM

Cool, I just read you only need to replace the rear shocks on the AAL lift. 1/2 the shock budget I had figured.

I really need to crawl under there and see what connectors are on the ABS lines.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 18/01/06 01:46 PM

Yeah, only need to replace rear shocks. Not only does it make it cheaper, it's also makes it easier.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 18/01/06 06:39 PM

I replaced the rear shocks with
Rancho 9000's. I picked it up from the
shop today. I've been staring at it all day.
Your all going to be very happy with the products. laugh

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 19/01/06 10:16 AM

pics please!

borrow someones digital camera

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 19/01/06 03:21 PM

Since we know new shocks are needed with the AAL, is that to have full articulation or to prevent the shocks from being ripped apart? Any ideas on a Bilstein model that will work yet?

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 19/01/06 03:50 PM

ok so i just want to get this right with the shackle i dont need to mess with breaklines but do i still need new shocks or not.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 19/01/06 04:35 PM

With the shackle lift you do not need new shocks. I haven't looked into getting replacement Bilsteins. I would like to get them though, because they are one of the best shocks for the $$.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 19/01/06 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by hattrik21:
Since we know new shocks are needed with the AAL, is that to have full articulation or to prevent the shocks from being ripped apart? Any ideas on a Bilstein model that will work yet?
The only thing that the new shocks will do is as you stated in your first question. It will allow you to have full range or articulation.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 19/01/06 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dandan:
ok so i just want to get this right with the shackle i dont need to mess with breaklines but do i still need new shocks or not.
You are correct you don't need to mess with the brake lines with the shackle lift kit.

As for your second question the answer that someone already gave to you stating that you don't need to have new shocks is entirely correct. Any other questions just ask.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 19/01/06 05:43 PM

I'm running stock brake linenes right
now. The rear suspension just hanging down,
tires off the ground. Brakes lines were okay just
enough slack. Articulated i'm not sure yet.
I'm still adding longer lines.. Revolver shackles are next!

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 19/01/06 10:31 PM

well, decided on the AAL 2.5 system. I'm not getting new shocks however, I can't justify replacing brand new Bilstien ORs this soon. I'll sacrifice some articulation.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 20/01/06 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by waiora:
well, decided on the AAL 2.5 system. I'm not getting new shocks however, I can't justify replacing brand new Bilstien ORs this soon. I'll sacrifice some articulation.
That's kinda what I'm thinking. I plan on updating them a little down the road.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 20/01/06 07:30 AM

Just sell off the Bil's to someone who has a non OR 05-06 X.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 20/01/06 07:45 AM

I can see the rears an easy sell, but the fronts would be a pain in the butt.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 20/01/06 08:30 AM

You don't need to change the fronts.

Re: 2.5" coil lifts now availabe; NOT spacers - 20/01/06 08:41 AM

Sorry getting my message boards mixed up.