I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road

Posted by: Anonymous

I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 21/09/07 11:25 PM

When I bought my X gas prices under $2 per gallon. If I had known things would get this bad I would have never have bought it. I compensate by driving less and only when necessary. My 2005 X only has 7600 miles on it. In fact, I will soon be putting it on the market.

Sorry to sound so self-righteous, but:

I can't understand why the demand for SUVs is still so high. With gas prices the way they are and how badly things are going in Iraq, not to mention all this talk about attacking Iran, I wonder why I'm still seeing all these SUVs on the road (including X's) with new dealer plates on them. When the attack on Iran comes, expect prices to shoot up to at least $6-7 per gallon. All indications show an (unprovoked) attack on Iran is inevitable.

Even without another war, more SUVs on the road raises the demand for gas even more, and therefore makes gas prices go up even higher. Its a vicious cycle.

Are American consumers just mindless, self-centered idiots or what? Are we capable of paying attention to anything beyond our own little bubble? I don't like to advocate violence, but sometimes I feel that people who are still buying SUVs or any gas-guzzling vehicle at this time should be kicked upside the head and get some badly needed sense knocked into them.

*end of rant*

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 22/09/07 05:41 AM

Corect me if I'm wrong, but didn't you buy an SUV???? Yeah that's what I thought. YOu have the nerve to to go off on people buying SUV's when you yourslef own one???? Give me a break, you bought yours when gas prices were affordable and that was OK. Now that you maybe can't afford paying 3 bucks a gallon you get all self-righteous.
Posted by: BlueSky

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 22/09/07 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by limowreck:
Are American consumers just mindless, self-centered idiots or what?
Many are, yes.

I also find your rant quite odd considering you bought an X. The price of gas when you bought your vehicle is irrelevant - it still burns the same amount and that's far more than many other vehicles you could have purchased.

I'm very pro-environment, and I drive an SUV. A contradiction? Yes, but what I try to do is balance the situation by conserving energy wherever possible (driving my wife's more efficient vehicle when able, using compact fluorescent bulbs etc.), recycling everything (even carrying stuff home from work that would otherwise be tossed in the trash), contributing to conservation organizations, and so on.

My advice is to quit ranting and start doing something if you're not already.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 22/09/07 06:36 AM

I don't own a SUV. But I've got a truck that gets roughly 8 mpg (when it's moveable...), and a just bought a car that gets a whopping 18 mpg... I guess I'm still one of your inconsiderate Americans...

I won't blow smoke up your arse and say I try to conserve either. I don't. Energy is dirt cheap in the USA, relatively speaking, and until somebody gives me a darn good reason why I should spend MORE money on the "socially responsible" things (like a crappy hybrid, florescent light bulbs, etc.), I'm not buying them. It's a waste of my money.

$3 a gallon is not really that bad. Go to Europe. Then you'll see how expensive fuel REALLY can be... Until it hits those kind of levels, car buying habits in the US aren't going to change.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 22/09/07 07:44 AM

You have a 2005 X w 7600 miles on it. So that is only 3800 miles per year.

You are bitching about gas prices breaking your bank and you only drive 3800 miles per year!!!

Quit your whining like a little bitch and sell it you priss. You could never afford it in the first place. [Finger]

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 22/09/07 07:55 AM

why did you buy an SUV? Any specific reason? I'd imagine that any reason you give it not good enough considering you don't drive all that often. Maybe Americans need SUV's because were all fat and can't fit in passenger cars?

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 22/09/07 08:29 AM

Whiny little bitch...grow a brain...asshats like you give the rest of us SUV owners a bad name.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 22/09/07 08:55 AM

Jeez. 3800 miles a year and you are bitchin.

I drive close to 30k a year or more and I'm not complaining. Why? Because I thought about it before I bought it. Yes, the pocket hurts sometimes but oh well.

Sell yours and be done with it. Someone's gonna get an awesome deal on an '05 with barely any miles and they will actually enjoy it.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 22/09/07 10:24 AM

i agree that many people buy SUV's because they are cool. I would suspect that is less the case with Xterras cause they are real 4X4's. I bought mine because I wanted to go off road, and for the added bonus of being able to pull a trailer. I also think that 16 in town and 21 on the highway is pretty good for an SUV with this kind of power. My first 4X4 was a Chevy pickup with a 454. It got 6 mpg loaded or unloaded, in town or on the road. That truck really sucked literally.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 22/09/07 11:14 AM

Reading things like this make me want to puke. I bought my X for some of the sports I participate in. It's great for hauling dive gear, bikes, skis, pretty much anything I decide I want to do. I certainly didn't buy it for the mileage, but it was a consideration when I was car shopping. If you can't afford it, don't buy it in the first place. Plain and simple. If you bought it and you discover you can't afford it, get rid of it and don't whine about it, just be done with it. We all made our decisions when we bought these vehicles, and from what I've read here, most are satisfied with the choices they made.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 22/09/07 11:47 AM

To admin:

I actually meant to put this thread in the off-topic section. Feel free to move it to the Clubhouse if you can. Thanks!

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 22/09/07 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
You have a 2005 X w 7600 miles on it. So that is only 3800 miles per year.

You are bitching about gas prices breaking your bank and you only drive 3800 miles per year!!!

Quit your whining like a little bitch and sell it you priss. You could never afford it in the first place. [Finger]
I'm whining because I can't drive it as much as I would like to. Gas prices are bad now, but will get much worse.

If you bought the X if you need the 4 wheel drive features, you live in snow country or rough terrain, etc. that would be a perfectly legitimate reason to buy an X IMHO.

But out here in SoCal, where we have the highest gas prices in the nation and very fair weather, brand new X's are everywhere and there's really no reason for it other than personal vanity.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 22/09/07 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JMo:
Corect me if I'm wrong, but didn't you buy an SUV???? Yeah that's what I thought. YOu have the nerve to to go off on people buying SUV's when you yourslef own one???? Give me a break, you bought yours when gas prices were affordable and that was OK. Now that you maybe can't afford paying 3 bucks a gallon you get all self-righteous.
Well, I bought the X mainly for its excellent value, long list of standard features and relatively low price. I'm also an auto technician, so I can put all my expensive tools in the bed without worrying about theft. So to me the X is more like a covered truck with the security of an SUV, tinted windows, etc. People can't steal what they can't see.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 22/09/07 12:26 PM

So you join the xterra club to rag on us. You got a lot of nerve what response did you expect you dumb ass. Quit being a little bitch and get a better job so you can afford the X you bought or sell your X.Ya know what you should sell your X you do not deserve it.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 22/09/07 12:40 PM

This is probably not a good forum to tell everyone that has purchased a new X since you did, that we are all self centered, indulgent, gas guzzlers with big egos and no cares about our earth. I recycle, I combine trips, I'm concerned about the earth. I also like to rock hound, camp, and hike. If I want to get to the areas I'm interested in, I need 4WD! I could have gone Suburban or some such "tuna boat", but I tried to find the smallest 4wd vehicle that would work for me. I love my X, it's everything I hoped it would be, I hate the gas station, but there are things in life you don't like. As soon as they come out with a hybrid X, I will get in line for it, but in the meantime, I will enjoy the X I have. Regardless of where you intended to place your "rant", I would say anywhere on this forum you would be flamed. I honestly think that most people that have X's do love the wilderness and are eco friendly, and leave no footprints.(well I guess that doesn't apply to mud smile )Hey, if that gas thing is driving you crazy get a tiny car, but don't try to take it 4wheelin'. You pay for your idea of fun one way or the other. lj

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 22/09/07 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by slmh1296:
So you join the xterra club to rag on us. You got a lot of nerve what response did you expect you dumb ass. Quit being a little bitch and get a better job so you can afford the X you bought or sell your X.Ya know what you should sell your X you do not deserve it.
Nope. I joined the Xterra Club two years ago.
Things were a bit different then. I had no reason to 'bitch' until now. I can afford my X just fine. I just don't like giving my money to these crooked oil companies and politicians(dems and repubs alike) to feed their reckless war machine.
Posted by: BlueSky

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 22/09/07 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
...until somebody gives me a darn good reason why I should spend MORE money on the "socially responsible" things (like a crappy hybrid, florescent light bulbs, etc.), I'm not buying them. It's a waste of my money.

Bush and his Big Oil buddies must really love people like you. :rolleyes:

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 22/09/07 02:17 PM

Quote:
When I bought my X gas prices under $2 per gallon. If I had known things would get this bad I would have never have bought it. I compensate by driving less and only when necessary. My 2005 X only has 7600 miles on it. In fact, I will soon be putting it on the market.

I can't understand why the demand for SUVs is still so high. With gas prices the way they are and how badly things are going in Iraq, not to mention all this talk about attacking Iran, I wonder why I'm still seeing all these SUVs on the road (including X's) with new dealer plates on them. When the attack on Iran comes, expect prices to shoot up to at least $6-7 per gallon. All indications show an (unprovoked) attack on Iran is inevitable.

Even without another war, more SUVs on the road raises the demand for gas even more, and therefore makes gas prices go up even higher. Its a vicious cycle.

Are American consumers just mindless, self-centered idiots or what? Are we capable of paying attention to anything beyond our own little bubble? I don't like to advocate violence, but sometimes I feel that people who are still buying SUVs or any gas-guzzling vehicle at this time should be kicked upside the head and get some badly needed sense knocked into them.

*end of rant*
Sounds like moonbat needs to lay off the starbucks.....

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 22/09/07 02:21 PM

[Crybaby] :rolleyes: [Finger]

typical "SoCal" crybaby..

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 22/09/07 07:24 PM

I have an '06 with under 10K on it because I do not drive a lot. This makes me think...

Should I have a mint car that is used for expeditions and random trips and nothing else? Sometimes I feel bad for having a good car sitting w/o doing any work. Sometimes I love the fact that I can actually go to places w/o worrying that something will go bad to my car (diff issues aside). Hell, I will be honest with you: Sometimes I feel bad for idling in traffic and polluting the environment. But gas prices is something that I never think about.

Here is the deal: Buddy, it sounds like you got a car that you could not afford. If you bought car thinking that gas prices were going to stay the same, then shame on you. By my standards $3 for a gallon of gas is nothing. Take a look at world gas prices and you will see these prices are pretty damn low for an industrialized nation. If gas prices go higher, then all of us are screwed. Once gas reaches $6 per gallon, then being able to afford the X will be the last thing on your "to-worry-about" list.

I do agree with you on one thing -- it appears that most people have SUVs without any use for them. A month after I got a car, I put it through some roads in Death Valley. My friends thought that I was nuts for taking a brand new car into a harsh environment. "Why do you want to put scratches on it?" Well, becuase this car is a vehicle made for adventure. If you are not willing to use an SUV for its intended purpose, then I really do not understand why you would want one. I keep seeing these lowered SUVs and trucks on 22" with low profile tires and I can never understand their purpose. I don't want to destroy the car intentionally, but if life happens then it happens smile

You asked a question to which I don't have a definite answer. I suspect that people buy SUVs are divided into two groups:

1. People who will actually use them for something other than groceries. Outdorsy folks who like to hike, camp and do something in remote places, etc.

2. Folks who do not give a fuck. Be it because they are not smart enough to realize that an SUVs are not really safer than a sedan or because they like big cars and what they like is matters the most.

The X had a positive effect on me. The more I travel and see, the more I want to preserve the great outdoors. I started recycling and conserving energy. I don't drive to places I can reach within 40 minutes of walking and generally I became more aware of the environment and what needs to be done to save it. All these things happened because my car took me to places that are still more or less preserved. Now my motto is "If I don't need a 4LO, then there is no point to go."

On a separate note, if you drink bottled water, then you should probably not be complaining about gas prices. In many cases bottled water is more expensive than gas wink

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 23/09/07 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by whiterussian:

Here is the deal: Buddy, it sounds like you got a car that you could not afford. If you bought car thinking that gas prices were going to stay the same, then shame on you. By my standards $3 for a gallon of gas is nothing. Take a look at world gas prices and you will see these prices are pretty damn low for an industrialized nation. If gas prices go higher, then all of us are screwed. Once gas reaches $6 per gallon, then being able to afford the X will be the last thing on your "to-worry-about" list.

How many times do I have to say it? I paid cash for my X. I have a good job and I am debt free. Affording it has nothing to do with it.

But once the lunatics in our government decide to start World War 3 by invading Iran, which is probably inevitable at this point, then gas prices will of course double or even triple. At which point hardly anyone including myself will be able to afford the X. I want to get rid of mine before that happens. Because no one will want to buy an SUV when gas prices are at $8 per gallon.

What concerns me more than anything else is the extremely unstable situation in the ME caused by our reckless presence in Iraq, and the effects that will have here at home in the near future as a result. The situation is extremely bad and getting worse. People should wake up before its too late but I'm afraid most of us are more concerned about who's going to win the next American Idol then what's going on in the world around us.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 23/09/07 05:44 PM

limowreck, I see your point entirely. I'm perhaps in a similar situation. I also find it hard to get my head around driving my Xterra when it is so impractical and imprudent to do so. Back in the 1980s when gas was expensive (for its time) I drove VWs. Perfectly adequate transportation, practical and fun. Although nowadays I drive much less and earn much more I don't feel cool about doing my daily routine in an Xterra. A shame really, because my Xterra has been very reliable and secure transportation.

So will also be selling my Xterra in a few months. No idea on what will be its replacement but no doubt it will be considerably more fuel efficient.

_Lazza

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 23/09/07 06:13 PM

Well there you have it, If all of us on this board sell our X's, we can save the world from world war 3. I'm convinced....dumb ass!!!

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 23/09/07 06:28 PM

Okay, so you think that by selling your car you will prevent a war?

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 23/09/07 06:41 PM

well if limowreck says it, then it must be true.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 23/09/07 06:41 PM

hell my X gets better gas mpg then the cougar sitting in the carport.I am saving money driving my ex and no matter what gas prices do you pay for it and keep going...

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 23/09/07 07:02 PM

why would u be complaining about too many x's being on the road with a v-6 , when there are alot more gas guzzlers out there , uh lets see hummers ,tahoe's, basically any dodge ,

plus doesnt make sense to bag on an x ,on an x forum , but what do i know i have a frontier (basically same thing as an x )

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 23/09/07 07:24 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]

How many times do I have to say it? I paid cash for my X. I have a good job and I am debt free. Affording it has nothing to do with it.

But once the lunatics in our government decide to start World War 3 by invading Iran, which is probably inevitable at this point, then gas prices will of course double or even triple. At which point hardly anyone including myself will be able to afford the X. I want to get rid of mine before that happens. Because no one will want to buy an SUV when gas prices are at $8 per gallon.

What concerns me more than anything else is the extremely unstable situation in the ME caused by our reckless presence in Iraq, and the effects that will have here at home in the near future as a result. The situation is extremely bad and getting worse. People should wake up before its too late but I'm afraid most of us are more concerned about who's going to win the next American Idol then what's going on in the world around us.[/b]
Let me guess, you believe everything the media spoonfeeds you, right? Here's an idea, sell your X, move to NYC preferably up by Columbia University that way you won't need a vehicle and you can be by the terrorist loving fruitcakes that invited the leader of one of the countries that hates us most to come speak and visit ground zero. I know you love them...

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 23/09/07 07:34 PM

I have an ever better idea for a city boy. Carry your ass over to the ME for a couple of years visiting the different countries. Pretty sure you will see things differently.

MMC(SW) USN (Ret.)

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 23/09/07 09:45 PM

Dear limowreck,

Lets get one issue perfectly clear before we begin, this is an XTERRA forum, not a CNN blog site. So before you start spouting off about things that you think might happen in the future, and the current state of politics, remember where you are. Nobody cares about politics here, just Nissan Xterras. So take your nostradam-ass predictions about WW3 and stick em'.

You continue your posts by complaining about the current state of American consumer affairs, and our gas prices. If your so goddamned concerned about gas prices and the economy, SELL YOUR XTERRA! Dont piss and moan about gas prices to people who own the same fucking automobile you do, we all know how much fun it is to fill the 20gal tank these days.

And there are plenty of other automobiles that provide both storage, security, and get better gas mileage. Buy a van, or a wagon. That might help your situation. Or better yet, buy a Toyota Prius. You live in california right? You will fit right in.

"Thanks!!!!" - (South Park, 'Smug Alert')

Not like you need a 4X4 to get through all the massive California snow drifts, or 3 foot blizzards you get every year. Jag-off.

In conclusion, you have just proven to everyone on this site who takes the time to read this thread that your a half-ass.

Be sure to post a picture of your Xterra so those who live in the 'SoCal' area can piss on it.

No charge for the education, my wisdom is free of charge.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 23/09/07 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cold Iron:
I have an ever better idea for a city boy. Carry your ass over to the ME for a couple of years visiting the different countries. Pretty sure you will see things differently.

MMC(SW) USN (Ret.)
[ThumbsUp] well said.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 24/09/07 02:07 PM

I'm just wondering if this Kali whiner isn't one of Al Gore's minions...

"Sell your SUV... Don't buy SUV's... They're evil..."

and then later,

"Please pay no attention to MY SUV hiding behind the black curtain... No... I've had that one for years, so IT'S ok..."

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 24/09/07 02:42 PM

If everyone in california didn't live 60 miles from where they work driving SUV's wouldn't be such a problem. Most of the people I hear complaining about gas live an hour from where they work.

Live closer, gas prices don't hit you as hard. I don't hard core off-road my X, but I can't imagine owning a house without having a truck or SUV. Too many things you need to do that you can't fit things in a car.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 24/09/07 02:50 PM

Sounds like a moonbat troll that never owned an X. Yeah there are no Hummers or Escalades in So Cal. Please sell your X. You aren't worthy of it.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 24/09/07 04:11 PM

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 24/09/07 08:07 PM

I will add my last post to this already useless thread.

First of all, the guy is thinking out loud. There is nothing wrong with critical thinking. It is the price we pay for thousands of years of evolution (unless you are from Kansas). Granted, posting such questions to the site that is biased towards Nissan SUVs was going to get appropriate feedback and I hope that what has been said in this thread was not unexpected.

Sorry that I missed your post about buying the car with cash. If everything that you say is true, then it shows that your thoughts are indeed genuine. You see all the other people driving SUVs and contributing to pollution. This is a no fucking brainer, I am sorry to disappoint the rest of the off-roaders on this board, but if you do not see how over usage of cars contributes to environmental issues, you gotta check your head. What you do about it, is a different thing.

Selling your car is not going to stop the war or the global warming. I am sorry. I had to be honest with you. Just think about it for a second: What will happen to your car when you no longer own it? Somebody else will be driving it even harder than you're driving it now! Yes sir, it is highly unlikely that you will sell a car to a doped out hippy who is going to burn it. Also, the fuel consumption will not go down because of you selling the X. There is nothing you can do about it. Period!

If you really want to make a point, why not become a responsible SUV owner? Why not use the X only when needed? Who cares what other people drive? Act as you think and people will respect you for it. Just because everybody drives to work in an SUV does not mean that you have to do the same. Show an example! Bike, plant trees, hike go to remove places and bring back stories. Take your kids out to the middle of nowhere and show them what stars look like at night. You really do not have to act and do what everybody else does. And you're right, once gas hits higher prices people will review their car usage. I, for one, hope that gas gets to around $4.5 per gallon. Fewer cars, less traffic for those who absolutely must have a car to get somewhere.

Go ahead, flame all you want. I am out.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 25/09/07 05:42 AM

Quote:

Selling your car is not going to stop the war or the global warming. I am sorry. I had to be honest with you. Just think about it for a second: What will happen to your car when you no longer own it? Somebody else will be driving it even harder than you're driving it now! Yes sir, it is highly unlikely that you will sell a car to a doped out hippy who is going to burn it. Also, the fuel consumption will not go down because of you selling the X. There is nothing you can do about it. Period!

If you really want to make a point, why not become a responsible SUV owner? Why not use the X only when needed? Who cares what other people drive? Act as you think and people will respect you for it. Just because everybody drives to work in an SUV does not mean that you have to do the same. Show an example! Bike, plant trees, hike go to remove places and bring back stories. Take your kids out to the middle of nowhere and show them what stars look like at night. You really do not have to act and do what everybody else does. And you're right, once gas hits higher prices people will review their car usage. I, for one, hope that gas gets to around $4.5 per gallon. Fewer cars, less traffic for those who absolutely must have a car to get somewhere.

Short of not buying an SUV in the first place the best one can do is sell the SUV you have. Of course, as you point out, the SUV will be just be transferred to someone else. Only over time will the SUV die a natural death. Even if the gov't suddenly outlawed all new SUVs it would take 15 years to get rid of most that are on the road now. (No, I am not suggesting outlawing SUVs.)

As for buying an SUV and only using it when needed, I agree this would be perfect. But this most often not the case ... in practice it would require being a three car family (his, hers, and the SUV).

I lived overseas from 1990 until 2004. Upon my return I was amazed at all the SUVs. Back in 1990 there were only Jeep Cherokees, 4Runners, and few others (...yet there were lot more minivans [ThumbsDown] ). We might want to remember how we lived w/o SUVs. Surely life wasn't that hard.

_Lazza

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 25/09/07 07:40 AM

Quote:
We might want to remember how we lived w/o SUVs. Surely life wasn't that hard.
Do you really want to go back to riding around in a woody station wagon?? 'Cause that's what was around in BSUV (before suv time)... No thank you. That's the reason why I detest "crossovers" with a passion...they're NOT "crossovers"; they're frickin' station wagons with slightly bigger tires.. Screw that.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 25/09/07 08:50 AM

Growing up we took all vacations with 2 of the 6 in our family sitting in the back of a station waggon with no seats or seat belts. My X serves as family truckster, scout troop transport, daily driver, and weekend offroad toy. It stings a little to spend $75 a week in gas when my wife's car uses $30 but I am paying for the flexibility.
Anyone who thinks the Prius or other hybrids are a responsible alternative needs to do a little more research! They do burn less fuel but they have one of the largest environmental footprints of any vehicles on the road.
With information doubling at an unprecidented rate maybe status quo for a few more years is all it will take before we figure out real long term solutions to our energy needs. Knee jerk reactions often pose new and greater unseen problems.
Posted by: GrayHam

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 25/09/07 08:58 AM

My wife and I both drive Gen II Xterras.

We both live about 10 miles from work.

We both drive, alone, into work.

I like to spend my lunch-hour parked under a shady tree, idling, while I read a book . . .

Fuck the environment.
I wish I could find a spotted owl to use as an antenna-topper . . .

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 25/09/07 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GrayHam:
My wife and I both drive Gen II Xterras.

We both live about 10 miles from work.

We both drive, alone, into work.

I like to spend my lunch-hour parked under a shady tree, idling, while I read a book . . .

Fuck the environment.
I wish I could find a spotted owl to use as an antenna-topper . . .
[Laughing] [Spit] [LOL]

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 25/09/07 10:52 AM

Quote:
I wish I could find a spotted owl to use as an antenna-topper . .
eek [LOL]

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 25/09/07 02:10 PM

Uhm, mini-vans don't get stellar gas mileage either, and depending on what you want to do with them, they might not be as functional.

And those old station wagons for those of you going down memory lane. They had big old V-8's in them at got like 12 mpg. Some of the new station wagons are probably more practical. SUV's aren't as evil as people try to convince you.

When there is alternative fuel source I'll use that. Until then, an SUV fits my lifestyle and my needs. But if you want to get a 4 cylinder station wagon, you can lead the charge.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 26/09/07 09:26 AM

The Xterra isn't THAT thirsty. You could be running around in a v10 excusion or f-250.

I'm not gonna take any flak over a 19-20 mpg 6 cyl truck. I traded down and sold my (older) powerstroke and my jeep to update my fleet (of 2 cars).

I have a new 5.7L toyota tundra and have already hit 18 mpg once during the 650 miles I have manged to put on it so far. I kept the X because it is cheaper to drive. Maybe I should have bought a prius, but felt guilty about the acid rain the nickel plant that makes the batteries spewed out when they made it. Plus they look gay.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 26/09/07 09:59 AM

cool Well, of course I don't work, but I have a 2001 Ford "EDGE" and my 2006 X--

--I use the Ford, to go to the dump and carry junk-14 mpg on a goood day

--The X, I 4wd and go camping, 22 mpg-Life is good-

[Wave] [Wave] --JIMBO

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 26/09/07 10:22 AM

As a recent buyer of 2 X's I'll tell you that we bought them because they do almost everything we need and want with better fuel economy / less polution and enough power to avoid being run over in DFW traffic. And they do it for less up front cost.

By comparison, my V8 pickup and toyota corrolla can't compare, which is why we don't have them any more. Couldn't carry our dogs in either vehicle. Couldn't carry the family in the pickup. Couldn't afford gas for the pickup. Couldn't afford the insurance for the corolla. Also couldnt afford anyone else's alternative.

For my situation Xterras rule. My wife thinks so too. She works for the county hospital and water too high for my car is not a valid excuse for not coming to work.

Maybe you don't have to worry about being run over, hauling family, hauling dogs, or crossing flooded metropolitan intersections. Go drive an electric and save some gas for those who need it.

Sorry don't mean to be sarcastic (yes I do). Just tired of folks who think their's is the only perspective that's valid, and the only and opinion that matters. Know what I mean?

Have a blessed day!
Rufus

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 26/09/07 10:50 AM

Quote:

*end of rant*
Dude get real. I'm 21, I drive an X that gets about 14-16 mpg, i pay cali prices for gas, and cali prices for insurance! If I can afford it, I bet you can you tightwad! I just payed $3.60 a gallon to fill up my truck, and I dont care! you know why!?!?! Cause the U.S. still gets the bad mofo discount on gas. Europenas pay about 4 to 6 euro per liter, which is about a 1/4 of a gallon, for fuel. Quit complaining, you still pay less in gasoline and make more money than 85% of the world!
Posted by: Rickster43

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 26/09/07 10:54 AM

confused [Crybaby] [Crybaby] ...Sell it, and Bitch some where else....

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 26/09/07 03:15 PM

Sidebar, I haven't read anything on it, but was talking to a coworker who is an electrical engineer. She said that the carbon footprint for a hybrid car is greater than that of a regular car. Granted if you get a civic, it will get a lot better mileage than an Xterra, but doesn't sound like Hybrid's are really the answer for the evironment. Just clever marketing to make the hippies feel better.

I have done no independent research so take that for what it is worth, but I thought it was interesting.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 30/09/07 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by roygil15:
Sidebar, I haven't read anything on it, but was talking to a coworker who is an electrical engineer. She said that the carbon footprint for a hybrid car is greater than that of a regular car. Granted if you get a civic, it will get a lot better mileage than an Xterra, but doesn't sound like Hybrid's are really the answer for the evironment. Just clever marketing to make the hippies feel better.

I have done no independent research so take that for what it is worth, but I thought it was interesting.
WORD. It is a world of misinformation, brother. I consider myself environmentally concious, but I'm also educated and informed. Driving hybrids and recycling sound great on paper, but so many people just don't have the big picture.

Recycling for example...the ONLY material that is both cost and, more importantly, environmentally friendly to recycle is aluminum. Re-using glass is close also. Paper is HORRIBLY environmentally unfriendly to recycle, due to chemical usage and transportation emissions. It's better to source new paper from tree farms. That's just one example, yet no one knows this stuff. They are too busy being self-righteous.

As fas as gasoline, who cares? There's no environmental responsibility in using less of it! Either way there is X amount left. We either burn it in ten years driving Hummers, or in fifty driving Priuses, and it creates the same emissions along the way. It's just delaying the inevitable. The only advantage is to your personal wallet, not the planet.

laugh

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 30/09/07 09:35 AM

Sounds like he needs a Moped! [Crybaby]

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 03/10/07 10:00 AM

Even without another war, gas prices will still climb ever higher due to the continued US presence in Iraq, the refusal of most idiots in the US to cut back on conspicuous consumption, etc.

According to most experts, the price of gas will hit $4 per gallon by next year, and will continue to rise from there. I'm glad i just got rid of mine.

Dumbshits!

-----------------

Triple-digit oil prices to become norm

By Steve Gelsi, MarketWatch
Oct 2, 2007

Triple-digit oil prices to become norm: analyst
By Steve Gelsi, MarketWatch
Last Update: 2:35 AM ET Oct 2, 2007
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Oil prices of at least $100 a barrel are expected to become the norm as early as next year, as conventional supplies continue to decline and consumption in the developing world rises, CIBC chief economist Jeff Rubin said Tuesday.

"We're in a world of triple-digit oil prices for the foreseeable future," Rubin said at the CIBC 2nd Annual Industrials Conference. "Whether it's $100 or $140 a barrel ... is up to debate, but the bottom line is we're in the bottom of the ninth inning of the hydrocarbon age."

[URL=http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/cibc-economist-predicts-triple-digit/story.aspx?guid=%7b2D5D7DA1-1C71-4FB3-AAE6-F4B66CDE7F63%7d&print=true&dist=printTop]Marketwatch[/URL ]

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 03/10/07 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Onix:
Sounds like he needs a Moped! [Crybaby]
We're all going to need a moped pretty soon, dipshit.

"Whether it's $100 or $140 a barrel ... is up to debate, but the bottom line is we're in the bottom of the ninth inning of the hydrocarbon age."

- Jeff Rubin, DOW JONES chief economist

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 03/10/07 10:32 AM

Limowreck, I'm glad you sold yours. Now leave.

[Wave]
Posted by: GrayHam

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 03/10/07 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AHTOXA:
Limowreck, I'm glad you sold yours. Now leave.

[Wave]
You misspelled "fuck right off". laugh

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 03/10/07 10:45 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Limowreck, I'm glad you sold yours. Now leave.

[Wave]
You misspelled "fuck right off". laugh [/b]
Something like that. laugh

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 03/10/07 10:53 AM

Oh this has my blood boiling now. I'm sick of people turning forums into their own political propaganda billboards. I've driven honda accords and civics for the past 12 years after my blazer was stolen. I've been shopping for Xterras for the past 3. I knew the minute I bought one that I was gonna be paying more for gas and become one of your dumb american suv owners as you've put it. Can't pull lawn equipment in a civic. Can't put 3 backpacks, 2 dogs and 3 buddies in a civic. Nissan developed the Xterra for one specific group of people. Those of us who enjoy outdoors activities and need a way to get there WITH all of our gear. They weren't designed for grocery getters, soccer moms and daily commuters.

I applaud your concern on the environment but you have no place to come into a group devoted to a vehicle and tell everyone they are idiots. Why don't you run into a Klan rally and tell those guys they shouldn't hate other races. I know gas prices are going to continue to escalate to even more ridiculous prices. And you know what... I'm gonna keep right on buying more gas.

Why don't you turn your frustration towards the oil companies? Gas supposedly being in short supply and demand keeps growing so they have to raise prices and at year's end they post $250 billion dollar profits. Explain that one to me. [Save the fine unicorns]

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 03/10/07 11:14 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Limowreck, I'm glad you sold yours. Now leave.

[Wave]
You misspelled "fuck right off". laugh [/b]
Something like that. laugh [/b]
Who died and made you the admin?

[LOL]

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 03/10/07 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake N Bama:
I know gas prices are going to continue to escalate to even more ridiculous prices. And you know what... I'm gonna keep right on buying more gas.

Why don't you turn your frustration towards the oil companies? Gas supposedly being in short supply and demand keeps growing so they have to raise prices and at year's end they post $250 billion dollar profits. Explain that one to me. [Save the fine unicorns]
I don't understand this kind of thinking at all.

I call it the crackhead mentality. Uniquely American. Once the dealer has you hooked on his smack, there's no price you won't pay. What is the cause of it? Mass mental illness? Cultural degradation? Something in the water? Extreme vanity? Lack of penis size?

Their children can go hungry, they can lose their house, their savings, whatever. As long as we can drive around in our 2 ton tanks, life is good!

The oil companies are laughing all the way to the bank at the sheer idiocy/lunacy of the American consumer.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 03/10/07 12:37 PM

Crackhead mentality? WTF are you talking about?

A self-proclaimed philanthropist out to save the world from our own demise. It's actually a simple case of supply and demand. We demand more so they charge more. Simple economics. Am I going to give up my outdoor hobbies because gas is too expensive? No. I accept the fact that I'm at the beckon call of the suppliers. I'm not depriving myself of things I enjoy because I "don't feel it's right".

And something to consider... talk about me if you wish and if that's what gets you off (because apparently it does), talk about what I drive if you feel like it but you should leave people's families out of your soapbox charade. My family is not starving and my house is paid for. If I wasn't concerned with their welfare or my money situation do you think I would have waited 3 years to buy an Xterra? So fuck you and good day! [Finger]

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 03/10/07 12:52 PM

Woooow! what a thread. I knew I took too long to get back here smile I'm not gonna chew this guy off, cause I could see where he could be comming from. I personally think that as long as it does not polute the air more than that 4 banger Civic standing besides you at the red light, drive it. If you can afford driving a Titan or Xterra or anything else, drive it. I personally drive it because of safety reasons. I prefer to be higher and see more through the glass. I dont off road anymore but ordered a shrock bumper because this kind of armor saved my life twice on my previous X. The difference between 89 fuel and 93 is no more than 30 cents. When you add that up, there is your Sturbucks latte. Just make the cut somewhere else. Dont go to Micky D's, make your lunch at home. Sure the, gas milage is low, and believe me, it feels good not having to tank every 4 days and make 400 miles on a tank, rather than 260. But it is all a personal preference. I understand this guys point, but he should've phrased it differently. Sell my X? Nope. I'll cost me more to get a 4banger now days. Average 4banger starts at $16K these days for a base. Enjoy what you drive, sell it if you dont. Just dont flame anyone. Wrong thread for ranting about the war and combining it with the X.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 03/10/07 01:10 PM

So since limowreck started this huge thread, tell us dude, have you sold your X-Terra in favor of a Mountain Bike and a Vespa, moved to Washington and now use solar power on your roof? Seriously, it appears you sold your X so what do you drive now and where did ya move to?

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 03/10/07 05:53 PM

Quote:
But out here in SoCal, where we have the highest gas prices in the nation and very fair weather, brand new X's are everywhere and there's really no reason for it other than personal vanity.[/QB]
Worry about yourself. People may have very good reasons for owning one, and even if they don't it's none of your business!
Posted by: xterra3202

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 03/10/07 06:13 PM

My X would be gone now but it's paid for so its still cheaper than another car note!!!! [Finger]

Tim

PS- Only $2.39 yesterday at the Fort Gordon PX!!!!

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 04/10/07 07:39 AM

Conspicuous consumption is not an American exclusive. Been to China lately? The Beijing airport has a Cadillac Escalade on display in the ticketing area. GM is probably not gonna sell as many Hummer h2's here at home since a lot of people are getting on the enviro-bandwagon, but I'm pretty sure the production numbers will remain steady...They love those things in Asia. The H2 and escalade play second fiddle to only the 7 series BMW for a status symbol.

They feel the same way we do..If they can afford the gas, they run it. If they can't, they get an 800 cc chanjang suzuki car. The market price of fuel generally sets the people into conservation VOLUNTARILY.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 04/10/07 12:43 PM

Been reading this since it started. It's pretty obvious limowreck bought his X as a status symbol and now its bitten him in the ass. Plain and simple. I bought my X because we (family of 3) ski, bike, dive, hike, and drag a boat around. I bought what was suitable for me, don't live beyond my means and don't preach to anyone else about what they should be doing with their money. If society wants to pay $100 a gallon for gas, so be it, it will go that high. That will also affect the cost of everything else that is bought and sold. In the late 70's gas hit 85 cents a gallon. Adjusted for inflation, that makes it around $3.50 a gallon in today's prices. Look at the big picture, we really are not paying all that much for gas.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 04/10/07 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Xdrivingogre:
Been reading this since it started. It's pretty obvious limowreck bought his X as a status symbol and now its bitten him in the ass. Plain and simple. I bought my X because we (family of 3) ski, bike, dive, hike, and drag a boat around. I bought what was suitable for me, don't live beyond my means and don't preach to anyone else about what they should be doing with their money. If society wants to pay $100 a gallon for gas, so be it, it will go that high. That will also affect the cost of everything else that is bought and sold. In the late 70's gas hit 85 cents a gallon. Adjusted for inflation, that makes it around $3.50 a gallon in today's prices. Look at the big picture, we really are not paying all that much for gas.
Wow, yet another idiotic comment that has absolutely no truth to it.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 04/10/07 01:02 PM

Really? Do the math, adjust prices for inflation for some of the basic things like gas, milk, bread, eggs etc. over the past 20 years. Going to be some interesting results. Adjusted for inflation, milk has actually gotten cheaper over the past few years, but that has been changing. Fuel is cheaper, as is bread and eggs. If you are going to complain about the cost of goods and make a moronic response to something posted, at least don't pick a post made by an economics major. It's too easy for me to pick you apart.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 04/10/07 01:20 PM

Quote:
Really? Do the math, adjust prices for inflation for some of the basic things like gas, milk, bread, eggs etc. over the past 20 years. Going to be some interesting results. Adjusted for inflation, milk has actually gotten cheaper over the past few years, but that has been changing. Fuel is cheaper, as is bread and eggs. If you are going to complain about the cost of goods and make a moronic response to something posted, at least don't pick a post made by an economics major. It's too easy for me to pick you apart.
Economics major, eh? What school did you go to? The University of Stupid?

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 04/10/07 01:29 PM

You are not worth arguing with. I'd have to spell it all out for you not using any long words so you would be able to understand it. Anyone else got a simple explanation for this? Obviously some on here don't have the cranial capacity to figure things out.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 04/10/07 01:30 PM

limowreck, you're not going to change any of our minds on here. You sold your X, now politely leave the rest of us alone. None of us care. If you want a civic, great. We don't. It's your money, the rest of us will spend our money as we want.

Belittling people doesn't make you sound smart, and won't get any of us to sell our trucks. So, save yourself the effort. When there is a non-fossil fuel option available. I'll look into it, until then, I'll take what I can get.

And for most of us, what you give up by getting rid of the Xterra is not worth the savings in gas.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 04/10/07 02:11 PM

Quote:
You are not worth arguing with. I'd have to spell it all out for you not using any long words so you would be able to understand it. Anyone else got a simple explanation for this? Obviously some on here don't have the cranial capacity to figure things out.
When oil company profits have more than quadrupled with gas price increases in recent years, what the hell does inflation have to do with anything? [Huh?]

U of S? [LOL]

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 04/10/07 03:52 PM

No one said it was due to inflation. They were just saying, compared to the cost of things that have experienced inflation, the cost of gas is still relatively cheap.

The increased gas prices has to do with a lot of things. A major one being the fact that they did not re-build the refineries that were destroyed after hurricane Katrina. We are now importing gas that has all ready been processed. Crude oil per barrel prices are not at historic highs. The oil companies are making record profits. And we can still afford the gas.

You can't or don't want to, that's your own decision. We don't care what you drive.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 04/10/07 07:30 PM

limowreck needs to be deported. if you don't like it, then leave jackass.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 04/10/07 11:41 PM

Petroleum companies are drawing massive profits because they are not putting their profits back into their companies for the development of new refineries and maintenance on the existing ones. The problem with gas today is there aren't enough refineries to handle the crude oil available. Now don't misinterpret what I'm saying. We are gorging ourselves on fuel consumption and it is not a limitless resource. What I'm saying is the problem RIGHT NOW is the lack of refineries. And like was mentioned earlier, the oil rigs and refineries that were destroyed by Katrina have not been rebuilt nor are there immediate plans to do so. The last oil refinery constructed in the U.S. was in 1976 in Garyville, Louisiana.

Want to see something interesting? BP recorded 7.24 billion dollars in REFINING profits in 2006. Go to google.com and enter BP violations and see how many OSHA, EPA and federal code violations and lawsuits they have been hit with due to poor management, poor maintenance and cutting corners. It's sickening to think of where that money is going.

And now I will step down off of my soapbox because I'm done with this thread and definitely done with Limowreck. I'm going to dicounttiredirect.com and look for new tires for my gas-guzzling, ozone depleting Xterra that I enjoy so much and tomorrow I'm going to go pay a ridiculous amount of money for a full tank of gas of which I will burn up over the weekend driving trails and thoroughly enjoying myself. [Smoking]

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 06/10/07 02:50 PM

This is my first post, so cut me some slack while I stumble around this site. I believe limowreck has so many misconceptions about peoples motives for how they conduct their lives, that any rebuttal will fall on deaf ears. That being said, it's still worth a try. I just bought an 07 X, traded my 99 Cherokee on it. I drive 500-600 miles a week, through the Lake Erie snow belt, to the job site my employer assigned me to. Much of this is on Pa. rural roads, I must carry work clothes, safety gear, manuals, tools etc. There is no excuse, except closed roads, for not getting to where they need me. I don't wheel, hike, hunt-no free time.There are many, many reasons why people drive what they do. Vanity or stupidity is seldom the cause of the decision, in most cases necessity rules. As to assigning blame, or predicting the future, give it up-you're not that smart. No one is. Try a little more tolerance, less judgment. People are worth the effort.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 06/10/07 04:37 PM

If gas hits $6 a gallon there's just going to be fewer drivers on the roads between me and off road locations.

Around town there is always the option for a smaller two seater that gets good gas mileage.

Life is too short to spend it in a Yugo.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 06/10/07 10:03 PM

I hate to kill this endless thread, but nice pic's, your X looks good! [ThumbsUp] lj

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 07/10/07 09:55 AM

Quote:

*end of rant*
So what is your DU ID???

Really my wife drives ours 7 miles a day, we can afford it. I also have a YJ with SOA and 33's you don't see me driving it to work, (270 miles this year so far) I have a Accord that gets 34mpg for my DD.

About your liberal part of your rant, it's nice you're able to read the democrat talking points that the DNC hands out.

Give it up...Al Gore isn't going to run in 2008.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 11/10/07 05:11 PM

Is there somewhere to vote to have a thread locked?
This one smells.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 04/11/07 03:59 AM

Quote:
[QB]gas prices will still climb ever higher due to the continued US presence in Iraq

Actually, if you did research on prevailing market forces, instead of mindlessly quoting something you read on "The Internet," you would know that current oil prices are due to unregulated speculation in energy commodities.

If you look at world supply, transportation and refining capacities, and true demand, you would see that theres no reason for oil to be more than $55 a barrel right now. Infact, the Department of Energy is reporting supply in crude is rising. Explain that, could you?

So before you go blaming the "US Presence In Iraq" like so many Sheeple out there, open your eyes, and do some homework.

To quote Jules from Pulp Fiction, "You wanna play the blind man, go walk with a Shepherd. But me, my eyes are wide fuckin' open."
Posted by: DocNo

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 04/11/07 11:34 AM

Eh, don't like the gas prices, get a different car. No one says you have to have a new one either. I picked up a 16 year old Miata with 192K miles on it for $1500. It runs great, get's 30+ on the highway when I commute and is a blast to drive.

The gas savings of commuting in the Miata easily pays for it (only basic insurance, taxes and registration since I paid cash for it) and I have the flexibility of two vehicles. Plus the top goes down cool

I have no intention of selling my X - heck, I have to fill it up with premium! Premium was well under $2 a gallon when I bought - go whine somwhere else [Finger]

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 04/11/07 12:04 PM

Who dug this bitch out of the grave?!?!

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 07/11/07 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 05XterraS:
So since limowreck started this huge thread, tell us dude, have you sold your X-Terra in favor of a Mountain Bike and a Vespa, moved to Washington and now use solar power on your roof? Seriously, it appears you sold your X so what do you drive now and where did ya move to?
I'm in Seattle now. I live close to my job downtown, so I'm no big hurry to get another car anytime soon. Beautiful city with a great public transportation system.

So glad to be out of fugly-ass Califernia---the home of fast food, stupid car culture, and people who are as fake and pretentious as their plastic boobs.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 07/11/07 10:03 PM

This thread sucks rocks.
[ThumbsDown] [ThumbsDown] [ThumbsDown]
Can we lock it? or delete it??

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 07/11/07 10:31 PM

Good bye, CA will not miss you. Enjoy nuclear winter in the great northwest...BTW, the worst urban planning in the US, just wait until you need to make it to the east side sometime and find out that they have not built anything in 20 years.

Bye bye, we will not miss you.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 10/11/07 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 05XterraS:
Good bye, CA will not miss you. Enjoy nuclear winter in the great northwest...BTW, the worst urban planning in the US, just wait until you need to make it to the east side sometime and find out that they have not built anything in 20 years.

Bye bye, we will not miss you.
Nah, Seattle is considered a model of urban planning. One of the most truly beautiful cities in the US.

Are there any cities in California that could be considered beautiful? San Francisco perhaps? Though much of San Francisco consists of slums and high crime, and downtown areas are overrun with the homeless.

But every other city is practically a carbon copy of each other. That is, consisting of basically endless miles of parking lots, chain-store and suburban sprawl. Some people might call that great wonderful. I call it sterile and mind-numbing.

You can be randomly dropped in a hundred different cities in CA, and you'd be hard-pressed to tell 99% of them apart.

Yeah, but ain't it fun commuting two hours to work every morning in a4-ton SUV? Isn't that the highlight of any real Californian's day? Ahh yes the thrill of that bi-weekly visit to the gas station, emptying your wallets and purses at the gas pump. All for the privilege of cruising around and posing in your 4-wheel behemoth, looking like a pretentious douchebag. O joy! [LOL]

Well, whatever makes people happy. Go ahead and enjoy that soul-less work 'til you drop, fast food and Wal-Mart culture. If you can call it a culture. Not to mention all those wonderful year round wild fires and earthquakes to look forward to. Look on the bright side. At least there's something to break up the mind-numbing monotony.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 11/11/07 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by limowreck: Well, whatever makes people happy. Go ahead and enjoy that soul-less work 'til you drop, fast food and Wal-Mart culture. If you can call it a culture. Not to mention all those wonderful year round wild fires and earthquakes to look forward to. Look on the bright side. At least there's something to break up the mind-numbing monotony.
Sounds like someone needs to get out of the states just to see how well off they really are...

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 15/11/07 09:47 PM

The Puget sound is the worst. Lets look at the 520 bridge, a good storm can knock it out overnight. The 405 is the worst, no major freeways built in 25 years. Seattle is the worst, period!!!!!

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 15/11/07 09:52 PM

and BTW, I live in Half Moon Bay, a sleepy coastal town where fresh salmon and crab is bought from the local fisherman, you can leave your car door unlocked and overall it is a great place to live. I work for Microsoft, I'm here alot. Enjoy nuclear winter up here, clearly you needed a change and Seattle ain't the worst place to live.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 15/11/07 09:56 PM

Limowreck,

Good for you. Live where you're happy.

We are all glad that you're in Seattle. Because everybody knows that Seattle is such a good freaking place. Best city in the world in fact. I would like to thank you personally for moving out of CA. The more people follow your steps, the better!

We will continue to off-road in our rigs and enjoy women with fake boobs. Life it too short!

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 16/11/07 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudy*:
Quote:
[b]
Sounds like someone needs to get out of the states just to see how well off they really are...
[/b]
You mean to say, we should be proud because we're better off than Africa and Mexico?
Wow, such high standards those Californians have, huh? I'm impressed.

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 18/11/07 07:17 AM

Wonder if this guy also believes algore should ban Christmas lights?

Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road - 18/11/07 08:29 AM

cool -Yo LIMO, I really feel the pain, of the Flora and Fauna, every time I go out to the Boonies (often)--

--When I can afford a New FORD HYBRID EXPEDITION, I'll probably--

--Go to Montana fishing instead of getting rid of my poor mileage SUV--

--Hell, I probably wouda voted for Gore, if he had wion--

-- [Wave] [Wave] CHEERS (we'l leave the light on for ya--JIMBO