Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior)

Posted by: Anonymous

Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior) - 31/01/07 08:09 PM

Hi guys,

Do any of you have LoadWarrior roof basket by Yakima? If so, would you recommend one?

Thanks,
/v

Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior) - 31/01/07 08:20 PM

yes i do, and yes i would.

Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior) - 31/01/07 08:24 PM

X2.

Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior) - 31/01/07 08:52 PM

I really want one too. I'm guessing a 33" tire would fit up there? If anyone could post a pic of a 33 in the basket, that would be excellent...I'm just a little curious to see how it looks.

Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior) - 01/02/07 07:34 AM

Not that it matters much, seeing as they are owned by the same company, The Thule basket is preety sweet to . Its called a Play Pen.

Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior) - 01/02/07 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BigTom6565:
Not that it matters much, seeing as they are owned by the same company, The Thule basket is preety sweet to . Its called a Play Pen.
Yakima and Thule are owned by the same company? Really? You sure about that?

Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior) - 01/02/07 11:45 AM

I have a Load Warrior, it's great! Make sure you get the net for it too. I also have my bike rack up there too.

Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior) - 01/02/07 12:16 PM

is $175 a good price for the load warrior, extension kit, & net? it was used a lot but is in decent shape. I found one for sale here locally so I can just pick it up. What did you all pay?

Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior) - 01/02/07 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SupaXSE:
is $175 a good price for the load warrior, extension kit, & net? it was used a lot but is in decent shape. I found one for sale here locally so I can just pick it up. What did you all pay?
Um, yeah!
http://www.xterraparts.com/Merchant2/mer...ode=999R2-Y7070

Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior) - 01/02/07 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BigTom6565:
I have the Thule MOAB basket. It's very similary to the Loadwarrior, but I'm pretty sure Thule and Yakima are not owned by the same company.

Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior) - 01/02/07 07:44 PM

I've got the Load Warrior with extension. On the 2nd Gen you won't be able to open the gear basket but I don't use it anyway. And get the net.

Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior) - 01/02/07 09:33 PM

I've had the LoadWarrior for about 5 years on a couple of different 4x4s, but recently switched to a Thule M.O.A.B. basket...it's not called the PlayPen anymore...they changed that about a year or so ago...maybe more. No, they're not the same company...but a lot of their accessories and mounts work together...for example, my Thule M.O.A.B. mounted up perfectly to the Yakima crossbars....the shovel/axe mount "almost" fit the M.O.A.B. I had to "tweak" it a little to get it to work...otherwise, yes, you can use many other Yakima bike and ski/snowboard accessories with the Thule baskets with no issue. I like the looks of the Thule basket better, and the basket is a little deeper as well.

Here are some shots of the Thule basket on my Xterra:

Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior) - 02/02/07 05:25 AM

I have the Yakima Loadwarriar spare tire mount on my Thule MOAB, and it fit fine without any tweaks.

Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior) - 02/02/07 08:17 AM

Dave I love your truck. That is close to what I had in mind for mine and I think I am slowly getting there. Nice work.

Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior) - 03/02/07 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave03X:
I've had the LoadWarrior for about 5 years on a couple of different 4x4s, but recently switched to a Thule M.O.A.B. basket...it's not called the PlayPen anymore...they changed that about a year or so ago...maybe more. No, they're not the same company...but a lot of their accessories and mounts work together...for example, my Thule M.O.A.B. mounted up perfectly to the Yakima crossbars....the shovel/axe mount "almost" fit the M.O.A.B. I had to "tweak" it a little to get it to work...otherwise, yes, you can use many other Yakima bike and ski/snowboard accessories with the Thule baskets with no issue. I like the looks of the Thule basket better, and the basket is a little deeper as well.

Here are some shots of the Thule basket on my Xterra:

NICE!!!!!

Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior) - 03/02/07 01:27 PM

Thanks guys...I love it as well laugh It's getting somewhat of an "overhaul" in the next month or so...some exciting stuff going on with the rear bumper/tire carrier (custom fab work)...going to be something never before done on an Xterra...also, different tires, and just some rehab on the front end (new steering components, new t-bars, just overall better quality stuff as my front end is sloppy as a mofo). Was going to SAS, but now that's been put on the back burner indefinitely because of our recent news of a 3rd child on the way...so priorities of course have to be considered.

I was wondering whether the Yak. Tire Carrier fit the Thule..not that I'd use it, but I was just wondering for info sake. Glad you got it to work out Anthony [ThumbsUp]