Super Charger

Posted by: TOCAN

Super Charger - 05/05/02 10:44 PM

I own a 2001 X. is it possable to install a 2002 super charger for the X? Or is it not worth the time and money? [Wave]
Posted by: DaveDatsun

Re: Super Charger - 06/05/02 04:55 AM

It would be cheaper to trade for a SC'ed model. The cost in parts, if available would be very high. You even need a new hood!

dave and xtoy - or buy a 240 hp pathfinder
Posted by: LastRites

Re: Super Charger - 06/05/02 07:23 AM

laugh
Posted by: BoarderPhreak

Re: Super Charger - 06/05/02 08:56 AM

ROFL...

Nawz? Like NOS?

Re: Super Charger - 06/05/02 12:22 PM

Nawz? Like NOS?
Right....like Nitrous Oxide Systems. I think that was posted on some Honda hater site. After TFATF came out that term just got so annoying. Anyway, its a performance enhancing product along the lines of TT's and SC's (Of course if you really need all this crap in an X there is medication available for you). laugh

Re: Super Charger - 06/05/02 01:25 PM

Oh yeah, I know about N.O.S. - just never heard "nawz" before, LOL! laugh
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: Super Charger - 06/05/02 01:44 PM

I thought it was "noss"

Anyway, to me NOS means "new old stock" as in a factory produced part that has been sitting in storage for a long time and is highly coveted for restoration work.

Brent

Re: Super Charger - 06/05/02 01:58 PM

Brent, it could mean either... "New Old Stock" or "Nitrous Oxide Systems." "N.O.S." is correct - but you can't really see it in that picture. The blue bottle is their signature style, I think - but I think that some sort of color coding is mandatory on all bottled gases (oxygen is green, for example).

They also put in additives so that you can't run the foggers INSIDE the passenger compartment. wink
Posted by: vwroom

Re: Super Charger - 06/05/02 11:01 PM

Theres a speed shop in denver that will R&D and install a supercharger for 6 grand.

Bryan

Re: Super Charger - 07/05/02 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by coxterra:
Theres a speed shop in denver that will R&D and install a supercharger for 6 grand.

Bryan
Not that a $6K price is even close to being where it should be, but what shop is it?

Re: Super Charger - 07/05/02 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by coxterra:
$6k?! That's insane. eek

You can get a modest turbo kit for $3k from Turbo City. Of course, you'll have to install it and probably do a bit of fabrication since they don't have any X kits.

If you're really crafty and have the right welding equipment, go to a junkyard and pick up a turbo from another vehicle and fab it all yourself...
Posted by: MeWantSnow!

Re: Super Charger - 07/05/02 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
I thought it was "noss"

Anyway, to me NOS means "new old stock" as in a factory produced part that has been sitting in storage for a long time and is highly coveted for restoration work.

Brent
I've been seeing that popping up alot while I've been researching parts for my Jeep commando...never knew what it meant. Thanks!!
Posted by: vwroom

Re: Super Charger - 08/05/02 12:09 AM

The name of the shop is performance west I believe.

Bryan