Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plugs

Posted by: jwp32750

Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plugs - 17/02/02 11:43 PM

In an effort to "squeeze" more power from my 3.3L V-6, has anyone used the Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plugs for their Xterra? Any suggestions on other spark plugs for your Xterra for HP gains?

Thanks,
Jim
Posted by: XOC

Re: Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plugs - 18/02/02 01:18 AM

It's doubtful you will see any gains, but Bosch will refund the price of the plugs if you can't feel an improvement.

Bosch Performance Guarantee
Posted by: Sean

Re: Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plugs - 18/02/02 05:13 AM

I put a set of those +4 plugs in my old 2000 Grand Am GT, and it ran like crap. It felt a little more "peppy", but the idle was rough. I took them back for a full refund. I have heard good things about the NGK iridium plugs, but those are big bucks. Let us know what you come up with.
Posted by: NthLJ

Re: Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plugs - 18/02/02 01:34 PM

Stick with the NGK plugs. Little is gained in messing with Nissan ignitions. You will get a greater benefit in other areas.

Charlie
Posted by: DaveDatsun

Re: Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plugs - 20/02/02 06:25 AM

Jim -
I'll second the 'stick with NGK' comment. I've tried other brands in datsun/nissan engines dating back to 1967. NGK's have always worked out best. I suspect there is cooperation between nissan and NGK. You may want to consider a premium plug from NGK, but I would not bother with other brands- in a nissan anyway.

dave and xtoy - anti-sieze the threads
Posted by: goldberg

Re: Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plugs - 21/07/02 01:24 PM

you can alway try Troque Master.... http://www.torquemaster.com
I think they are like $16/each, and that's a hundred bucks I could spend elsewhere's
Posted by: Kerensky97

Re: Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plugs - 21/07/02 03:28 PM

Did you notice when the last post for this was made??