TCC SOLENOID VALVE ...

Posted by: mygreenX

TCC SOLENOID VALVE ... - 17/10/02 02:58 PM

CAN SOME ONE TELL ME WHERE THE TCC SOLENOID VALVE IS? ...MY S.E.S LIGHT CAME ON(00'X)-I GOT THE DIAGNOSTIC TEST DONE AND MY TCC SOLENOID VALVE NEEDS REPLACING.... IF ANYONE CAN HELP I'D REALLY APRECIATE IT...THAN"X" [Freak]
Posted by: XOC

Re: TCC SOLENOID VALVE ... - 17/10/02 04:35 PM

See that key on your keyboard labeled "CAPS LOCK" ?

Turn it off.
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: TCC SOLENOID VALVE ... - 18/10/02 08:31 AM

It's your torque converter control solenoid, and it's on the valve body inside your transmission. Not a quick and easy replacement for a DIY type.

Brent
Posted by: Nut

Re: TCC SOLENOID VALVE ... - 19/10/02 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mygreenX:
CAN SOME ONE TELL ME WHERE THE TCC SOLENOID VALVE IS? ...MY S.E.S LIGHT CAME ON(00'X)-I GOT THE DIAGNOSTIC TEST DONE AND MY TCC SOLENOID VALVE NEEDS REPLACING.... IF ANYONE CAN HELP I'D REALLY APRECIATE IT...THAN"X" [Freak]
I wouldn't be to quick to replace that solinoid without verifing it's bad. The TCC fault code is for the Torque Converter Clutch circuit and is not a hard code, it's Assumed by the ECU. Road test to verify if the converter is locking up after going into overdrive, feels like the tranny shifts again but only drops a couple of hundred RPM. If not then check the resistance of the circuit/solinoid. If it does seem to lock up but still sets the code you got a bigger problem then the solinoid, ie. pull the tranny/transfere case to check the o-rings at the front pump and input shaft from the converter. Could be tranny time.
[Crybaby]