30,000 Mile Tune Up

Posted by: loopit

30,000 Mile Tune Up - 26/03/03 06:58 PM

My X has 30,000 miles and I have a few questions about the tune-up.

I looked at the PCV filter and it looked and sounded fine when rattling it. Do I really need to replace it?

Is it difficult to do the "Front-wheel bearing grease & free-running hub grease" and "Limited-slip differential gear oil"? If not, how do I do it? If so, how much would this cost at the dealer?

I need to replace my brakes cause they started to squek. I checked out XterraParts.com and they are $60. Are these the only ones that I should use or are there cheaper ones that work just as good available at like Advanced Auto Parts? How much do these usually cost?

Jeff
Posted by: defibvt

Re: 30,000 Mile Tune Up - 26/03/03 09:39 PM

Sounds like the PCV filter is good but heck change it anyway. It is pretty inexpensive to replace.

I haven't done my hubs yet but they are planned for this spring.

As for T-case fluid I would recommend getting a small hand pump to fill it. OffroadX post instructions at one time on here so do a search and you should be able to find them.

I did my brakes last year. They will run you about 50 bucks at Checker Auto parts for Raybestos pads. They are simple to do. In fact, purchase a Chilton/Hayes book for the year of your truck and you should be able to find instructions to help you do all the work you want to do.