WTB Automatic Locking Hubs

Posted by: Deer hunter

WTB Automatic Locking Hubs - 05/10/14 02:01 PM

I am looking for automatic locking hubs for a 2001 Xterra. They do not seem to be on the market anywhere I have looked, not sure why?
Chris
Posted by: TJ

Re: WTB Automatic Locking Hubs - 21/10/14 09:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Deer hunter
I am looking for automatic locking hubs for a 2001 Xterra. They do not seem to be on the market anywhere I have looked, not sure why?
Chris

You can get them from a JY, or, new from the dealer, or, from someone who replaced theirs with manual hubs.

Re: WTB Automatic Locking Hubs - 24/10/14 07:54 PM

TJ,

Thanks for the reply. I tried many dealers and none carry this part. Looks like it has been discontinued, I wonder why? I tried a few junk yards and ebay and had no luck.
Below is the message from most dealer sites.

[40560] HUB ASSY-FREE RUNNING
"This part number is no longer available from Nissan North America nation-wide. It is still possible that one or more dealers have it in stock. Please contact us if you have questions."

http://www.courtesyparts.com/40560-hub-a...?cPath=532&
Posted by: TJ

Re: WTB Automatic Locking Hubs - 19/11/14 06:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Deer hunter
TJ,

Thanks for the reply. I tried many dealers and none carry this part. Looks like it has been discontinued, I wonder why? I tried a few junk yards and ebay and had no luck.
Below is the message from most dealer sites.

[40560] HUB ASSY-FREE RUNNING
"This part number is no longer available from Nissan North America nation-wide. It is still possible that one or more dealers have it in stock. Please contact us if you have questions."

http://www.courtesyparts.com/40560-hub-a...?cPath=532&

Did you contact courtesy nissan with questions? They might be able to see which dealers DO have it in stock.

laugh

Re: WTB Automatic Locking Hubs - 22/11/14 01:29 PM

Yes, I did call courtesy Nissan. I was told this part was discontinued about 2 years ago. The person I spoke with could not provide any information in regards to why it was discontinued or who may carry it.