Rush Limbaugh.

Posted by: xterrapin

Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 04:25 AM

Looks like Captain Morality ain't so perfect after all. "Rush Limbaugh investigated for illegal drug purchases." Of course, I'm sure it's just the liberal media trumping something up, right Madman? :rolleyes:
Posted by: MBFlyerfan

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 04:40 AM

If he did it then he should face the consequences. I find it hilarious that the article states he is being investigated for getting illegal prescription drugs, and almost completely ignores that subject to talk about his comments on ESPN. There is only one line in the second paragraph that actually talks about the drugs. And then one or two more in the paragraph after.

Living here in the Philadelphia area, I see McNab play week in and week out. If Limbaugh left out the racial stuff and just concentrated on the stuff about McNabb being overated as a quarterback this controversy wouldve been was smaller.

The real problem is that he had every right to say what he did. Just because a person makes a comment about race does not mean that he is a racist. The NFL has been making a very public effort to promote black coaches. The media around here as on a number of occasions referred to him and other as BLACK quarterbacks. The media around here on occasion has bandied about whether he is overrated. Can we honestly say that if James Carville made these statements people would go as crazy as this?

As a quarterback I too think he is overated. And by that I mean actual quarterback skills like accuracy and ability to read defenses and the like. He makes up for these deficiencies by being very mobile, fast, and tough. And he also has a gun for an arm. But the bottom line is that the Eagles defense has carried that team over the last few years. You may disagree with the method, but the statement had some merit. Even if it was not completely accurate. But hey, thats his opinion.

Now if we can find an article that ACTUALLY talks about the drugs...... Ahh, here\'s one.

edited to add...this story seems fishy, National Enquirer and all, but where there's smoke.... :rolleyes:
Posted by: NY Madman

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by xterrapin:

Looks like Captain Morality ain't so perfect after all. "Rush Limbaugh investigated for illegal drug purchases." Of course, I'm sure it's just the liberal media trumping something up, right Madman?
Damn... It's pile on Rush week.

A saw this on the NY Daily News site a couple of minutes ago. A lot to digest before I even finish my morning coffee.

I was never aware Rush was a paragon of morality but if that's how you see him, fine. His business is politics and entertainment. (His new business could be making Florida license plates). Hey.... You live in Florida... maybe you could visit him in jail.

Bottom line ... we will have to wait and see. It is after all The National Enquirer that is making these allegations. The maid sold the story to them? I'm sure the DA's office is real happy with her selling this story while there is an ongoing investigation. It could jeopardize any immunity agreements she made with the prosecutors office. After all she claimed that she was his supplier. Something doesn't sound right about how this is unfolding.

We will have to see what this investigation turns up.

Plus I just heard on the radio he is having a press conference at 9AM.

If the guy is guilty... he did it to himself and will have to answer to the law. Then maybe his show can be replaced by a guy that talks about conservative issues and the problems that face this country. Not just Republican Party issues.
Posted by: off2cjb

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 05:42 AM

The big Democratic candidates call on ESPN to fire Rush for his non-racial comments, but the same three do not call on the Chicago Cubs organization to fire Dusty Baker for his racial comments. How interesting.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 05:54 AM

Rush Limbaugh is not some diety we conservatives hold upon high. In fact, I think he is mostly just a schill for the Party. I agree with him sometimes, I disagree with him sometimes. Just Like I agree with O'reilly sometimes, I disagree with him sometimes. I like Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity. There is no one out there that any of us completely agrees with all of the time. Then we would be just robots. But I find that if I agree with that person the majority of the time (remember thats only 51%!) I tend to listen to what they have to say. Listening to what a person has to say is not the same as doing what they say.

But I still cant listen to James Carville. (How does that marriage work? [Uh Oh !] )
Posted by: Mobycat

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MBFlyerfan:

The real problem is that he had every right to say what he did. Just because a person makes a comment about race does not mean that he is a racist.
No, the problem is that as a high-profile personality, he needs to know what to say and what not to say.

And yes, he absolutely has every right to say what he said.
Posted by: TravelingFool

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 06:09 AM

I've always liked rush. I'm not sure if I like him as a sports commentator, however, his career" there didn't last long enough to form a strong opinion).

Two things I'll add here:

1. Sports radio is a bacterial swamp of opinions. Its the nature of the job. They have every right to express their opinions and you have every right to change the channel. I think the "outrage" over his comments is a bit over hyped by the media and way "over-reported." Jimmy the Greek got less coverage when he prattled and spewed the shit about "Civil war era slave owners breeding their big black bucks to their biggest women to produce bigger stronger blacks and that's where todays athletes come from."

2. The current NFL is completely infested with racism. How on earth can Dennis Green get away with suing the Lions organization? He was invited to an interview, he turned it down, they hired a different coach, who happened to be white, and suddenly Dennis believes he was discrimminated against? BS. That's only one example, but there's more.

Personally, I believe the media DOES "over hype" black quarterbacks to a certain extent. If I hear one more local clear channel or disney owned sports caster glorify Dante Culpepper as God's second born, I'll hurt somebody. He had more fumbles last year BY HIMSELF than 28 other ENTIRE TEAMS did last year and he finished with a major loosing record. He's on pace to fumble as many times this year and he hasn't decisively beaten ANYBODY, yet Gus Frerote's flawless performance last Sunday has gone completely unreported, unannounced, and un-covered by the local sports talk. The guys on KFAN even announced that they were going to start "hanging up on callers who wanted to suggest that Gus start next week." You can't tell me Rush was "wrong."
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 06:44 AM

You guys are going to flip out, but I honestly think that Rush is getting a bum deal with this. Watching the clip on Yahoo, it wasn't that offensive. He was stating a position in a debate type argument, and I wasn't offended when he said it...

The truth of the matter is that what he's saying is right. There IS a push to be less discriminatory in the NFL. But that's not a BAD thing. The effort is being made, and that's all that me and my lefty friends are asking for. A little bit of effort to make things better. smile

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
You guys are going to flip out, but I honestly think that Rush is getting a bum deal with this. Watching the clip on Yahoo, it wasn't that offensive. He was stating a position in a debate type argument, and I wasn't offended when he said it...

The truth of the matter is that what he's saying is right. There IS a push to be less discriminatory in the NFL. But that's not a BAD thing. The effort is being made, and that's all that me and my lefty friends are asking for. A little bit of effort to make things better. smile
You and I agree for once. It seems that today when someone makes a comment that just INVOLVES race anymore. The media starts the whole insensitive racism BS. It PC run amok. It all started getting crazy when Cosell made his "Monkey" comment. There wasnt a racist bone in that man's body.
Posted by: 2001frontier

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 06:59 AM

The NFLs new 'anti-discrimination' policies are racist in nature. Just like affirmative action, the policies insinuate that minorities are to stupid to get somewhere on their own. Fining the Lions like they did should be a crime.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
The NFLs new 'anti-discrimination' policies are racist in nature. Just like affirmative action, the policies insinuate that minorities are to stupid to get somewhere on their own. Fining the Lions like they did should be a crime.
Beside, no matter how you slice it, Mariuchi was the best candidate.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 07:05 AM

Yep, but that doesn't mean anything. We have to give the poor millionaire TV announcers the job ahead of them because their skin is a different color. If we don't we are evil white men, trying to keep a brother down.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 07:20 AM

Quote:

It seems that today when someone makes a comment that just INVOLVES race anymore. The media starts the whole insensitive racism BS. It PC run amok. It all started getting crazy when Cosell made his "Monkey" comment. There wasnt a racist bone in that man's body.
True... But it's even worse than that. There is a double standard there too. How come a Democrat senator can use the N word on a radio show and no one raised a stink. One of the Democrat candidates for governor in CA has used the N word in public. No one said a thing.

There is a double, double standard. Minorities can say anything offensive against whites, jews and no one says a thing. Democrats can say racist things and it is overlooked.

A white republican or conservative says anything that can even remotely be construed or twisted out of context and they want to put him up against a firing squad.

Rush's comment about McNabb was not racist. It also was directed at the media, not McNabb.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
How come a Democrat senator can use the N word on a radio show and no one raised a stink. One of the Democrat candidates for governor in CA has used the N word in public. No one said a thing.
Give me a name and a link.

Quote:
There is a double, double standard. Minorities can say anything offensive against whites, jews and no one says a thing. Democrats can say racist things and it is overlooked.
You want some cheese with your whine?

Quote:
A white republican or conservative says anything that can even remotely be construed or twisted out of context and they want to put him up against a firing squad.
Cheddar or Swiss?

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 07:34 AM

How about proving his statement wrong? The double standard in this country most definately exists.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 07:37 AM

Blah blah blah.

When he provides a link, then I can debate. Until then, it's just hearsay and inadmissable in court.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 07:38 AM

I did not know we were in a court. :rolleyes: The CA governor candidate would be one Cruz Bustamante. I guess it is OK for him though since he is a minority.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 07:43 AM

Quote:

You want some cheese with your whine?

Cheddar or Swiss?
That's the best your educated, enlightened and progressive mind can come up with?

Are we to assume you agree with these double standards?

Some links:
Sen. Robert C. Byrd\'s (D-W.Va.) using the N word. The media seemed to have overlooked it and the NAACP forgave him right away.

Cruz Bustamante says the N word. This is a link to a liberal web site also. The media conveniently forgot about that. Cruz is also linked to the racist organization La Raza. The media is overlooking that.

All the while the LA Times is printing all kinds of shit today about Arnold 5 days before the election... and this is stuff they sought out and held until today.

But there is no bias in the media right?
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 07:46 AM

Just exactly what role does Rush Limbaugh play in the grand scheme of things anyway? Why do people hang on his every word, or jump at the chance to smack him down? He's just another windbag that has somehow found an audience when he should be ignored.
Posted by: GrayHam

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
He's just another windbag that has somehow found an audience when he should be ignored.
Pot calling the kettle black . . .
laugh

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 07:59 AM

DAMN! Our company normally goes to NAB Radio. This year we aren't (it's happening right now). And who is a keynote speaker? Rush. In Philly! That'd been pretty interesting, really.
Posted by: GrayHam

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Pot calling the kettle black . . .
laugh
eek

I mean, pot calling the kettle color-to-be-determined . . . didn't mean to imply . . . I mean, I never . . .

Oh shit . . .

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 08:12 AM

Touche` Graham, that's funny (first reply)

Brent

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 08:18 AM

Look...all of them apologized for it.

Bustamante obviously didn't mean anything by it. He's (as the article says) apologized for it over and over. That's why nobody's reported it, because he apologized for it immediatly.

Byrd apologized also! I'm no fan of Byrd (he's kind of the crazy old man...he's the democrat version of Strom Thurmond), but he apologized. If they apologize, and know they're wrong, then there's no reason to report it, because there's no story or mystery there.

The Arnold story is old news. It's basically a reprint of an article written in Premiere magazine two years ago. The information has always been out there. I'm no fan of Gray Davis either (the man gives Democrats a bad name), and I'm actually rooting for Arnold. I think he has some good MODERATE ideas. But it's OLD NEWS.

Please, I beg of you, tell me...what is your point??
Posted by: kirby34

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 08:19 AM

He'd feel right at home, here in the XOC ALR, Brent.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 08:23 AM

The media crucified Trent Lott for complimenting Strom Thurmond and he didn't even say anything derogatory, and still lost his job. Bustamante and Byrd are racist piles of poo. Hell Byrd used to be a klansmen for christ sakes!

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 08:34 AM

Quote:
Look...all of them apologized for it.

Bustamante obviously didn't mean anything by it. He's (as the article says) apologized for it over and over. That's why nobody's reported it, because he apologized for it immediatly.

Byrd apologized also! I'm no fan of Byrd (he's kind of the crazy old man...he's the democrat version of Strom Thurmond), but he apologized. If they apologize, and know they're wrong, then there's no reason to report it, because there's no story or mystery there.

The Arnold story is old news. It's basically a reprint of an article written in Premiere magazine two years ago. The information has always been out there. I'm no fan of Gray Davis either (the man gives Democrats a bad name), and I'm actually rooting for Arnold. I think he has some good MODERATE ideas. But it's OLD NEWS.

You are making our point for us. Are apologies only good when liberals make them? :rolleyes:

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 08:38 AM

Quote:

Short attention span there?

The point is we were discussing double standards.

How many times did Trent Lott apologize? He even went on a week long "apology tour". Because he was a Republican, no one in the media gave two shits if he was sorry and he never said anything even remotely as bad as these guys previously mentioned. He never even said anything racist. It was twisted and contorted out of context to appear racist. He had to step down from his leadership post and many wanted him to resign the Senate all together.

Same with Rush on ESPN.

It's all part of the double standard. The double standard is an example of bias in the media.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 10:02 AM

Double standard in YOUR mind. Lott only apologized when the pressure was on for a LONG time. Byrd and Bustamante apologized immediatly. They knew what they did was wrong, and admitted as much. They didn't wait for three days after.

There is no double standard, and therefore, you have no point.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 10:03 AM

PS...I think Rush is getting a raw deal by the way.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 10:08 AM

Quote:

Double standard in YOUR mind. Lott only apologized when the pressure was on for a LONG time. Byrd and Bustamante apologized immediatly. They knew what they did was wrong, and admitted as much. They didn't wait for three days after.

There is no double standard, and therefore, you have no point.
You lefties are a pisser.

You are very consistent and predictable with your hypocrisy.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 10:47 AM

Yet, you didn't counter my argument. You made yet another blanket statement about liberals. Come on, give me a counter argument. Try harder.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 10:49 AM

I agree on this one. The double standard is everywhere. It is OK for minorities to have groups based on their race, but if some white dudes try it they are labeled racists by the media. Three days is such a LONG time. :rolleyes: The only reason he apologized is to apease the hypocrit racists. He didn't think he did anything wrong. Unfortunately for him, his apology looked like an admission of guilt and they jumped on him for it. The double standard makes people scared to voice their opinions even if their opinion is not racist. Saying that affirmative action is wrong for example is in no way racist, but if a conservative politician does it they are automatically labeled racist by the left.

Heston is a perfect example of this. What Moore did to him in that 'documentary' of his was bullshit. Heston is in no way a racist. He marched with MLK at the beginning of the civil rights movement. Moore tried to twist his words to make him appear to be racist.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 10:54 AM

Quote:

Yet, you didn't counter my argument. You made yet another blanket statement about liberals. Come on, give me a counter argument. Try harder.
Counter argument to what? Most of the thread is a counter argument. You're being hypocritical in your argument. That's your answer.

Go back and read the thread again if you want a counter argument. Your answer regarding the Democrats and the N word vs Lott and his non-racist remark wasn't an answer.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 10:58 AM

Quote:

Heston is a perfect example of this. What Moore did to him in that 'documentary' of his was bullshit. Heston is in no way a racist. He marched with MLK at the beginning of the civil rights movement. Moore tried to twist his words to make him appear to be racist.
I wouldn't even call Moore's work "documentaries". It's propaganda.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 11:03 AM

Of course it is propoganda. Hell the movies is chock full of flat out lies. That is why I put quotes around the word 'documentary'.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 11:06 AM

Quote:
You can't use the fact that he marched as proof he isn't. I personally think *everyone* is to a degree, whether they want to admit it or not. Strom Thurmond had blacks on his staff - did that automatically make him non-racist?

There is no real way to prove whether you are or whether you aren't. It's simply something you know yourself.

HOWEVER, you do have to be careful what you say in a public forum - especially if you are a public figure.

(For the record - I've never seen Bowling For Columbine, so I don't really know what Heston said.)

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 11:08 AM

Why is it OK for libbies to call everyone that disagrees with them in the least a racist then? I think a white Hollywood actor marching with a black man in the beginning of the civil rights movement shows Heston's beliefs very well. You have to realize how unpopular this was with Heston's audience, the crackers. smile

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 11:11 AM

Quote:

That is why I put quotes around the word 'documentary'.
Sorry.. didn't catch the quotes. I know you know Moore's work is BS. The liberals know it is BS too.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 11:12 AM

Look, I'm not going to say what they did was right. But every link you sent said that they apologized immediatly. (Go back and read them. Your own facts hang you.)

Lott, on the other hand, exposed himself quite openly when he said that "If Sen. Thurmond had been elected, we wouldn't have had all of these problems today."

Now, honestly, he might have not even known what he was saying. But he should have. Because he made the SAME comment a couple of years before at a press conference, and was called to the carpet then too! He didn't learn his lesson.

On top of that, he took three days to apologize for his comments. There IS NO double standard. The two that you cite immediatly apologized profusely. Lott, on the otherhand, begrudgingly (that means "to give or expend with reluctance" Madman. I don't want to have to explain it to you later.) offered his apology only when Republican leaders asked him to, under much pressure.

The difference is the heart, and I don't see Lott having one.
Posted by: KJ_dragon

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 11:16 AM

Rush was hired by ESPN to make news. Many people like Rush alot. Many people dislike Rush alot. Either way, both of those groups will be listening to every word he says. ESPN got exactly what they were looking for. Now everyone is talking about ESPN and I am sure their ratings are up.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 11:18 AM

That last line was classic. He doesn't have a heart. Nice try. How about the fact that Bustamante belongs to a racist organization? This is generally ignored by the media, while if a white conservative candidate belonged to something similar he would be crucified?

WHAT DID LOTT SAY THAT WAS RACIST EXACTLY? WHY IS IT OK FOR A DEMOCRATIC SENATOR TO BE A FORMER MEMBER OF THE KKK? WHY IS IT OK FOR GANGSTERS LIKE JESSE JACKSON TO HOLD UP COMPANIES FOR MONEY?
Posted by: Bucweet X

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 11:21 AM

Quote:
PS...I think Rush is getting a raw deal by the way.
The man chose to resign, nobody forced him to leave. Disney and ESPN knew who they hired and should have been prepared to back him up if necessary. I'm glad he quit though. NFL Sunday Countdown was the wrong forum for his particular brand of commentary.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bucweet X:
The man chose to resign, nobody forced him to leave. Disney and ESPN knew who they hired and should have been prepared to back him up if necessary. I'm glad he quit though. NFL Sunday Countdown was the wrong forum for his particular brand of commentary.
Sure he did. I would bet money the asked for his 'resignation'. We all know how that one works.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 11:24 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]PS...I think Rush is getting a raw deal by the way.
The man chose to resign, nobody forced him to leave. Disney and ESPN knew who they hired and should have been prepared to back him up if necessary. I'm glad he quit though. NFL Sunday Countdown was the wrong forum for his particular brand of commentary.[/b]
I wasn't speaking about that. I was talking about that the actual story itself was being blown way out of proportion.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 11:27 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]The man chose to resign, nobody forced him to leave. Disney and ESPN knew who they hired and should have been prepared to back him up if necessary. I'm glad he quit though. NFL Sunday Countdown was the wrong forum for his particular brand of commentary.
Sure he did. I would bet money the asked for his 'resignation'. We all know how that one works.[/b]
I thought Rush spoke his mind? Is he so afraid of ESPN that he can't say he was asked to leave? Wouldn't that play right into his hands to say he was asked to leave?

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 11:33 AM

Dunno. That is total speculation by me. Of course you could look at it as he is being a good guy by resigning to protect ESPN. I dunno really. I wouldn't have quit myself.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 11:33 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]The man chose to resign, nobody forced him to leave. Disney and ESPN knew who they hired and should have been prepared to back him up if necessary. I'm glad he quit though. NFL Sunday Countdown was the wrong forum for his particular brand of commentary.
Sure he did. I would bet money the asked for his 'resignation'. We all know how that one works.[/b]
Limbaugh said ESPN not prepared for reaction

"According to Limbaugh, just after his comments, ESPN officials agreed with him that he had said nothing wrong. But as the firestorm over his comments mushroomed, it became clear to him that the situation was getting too hot for ESPN, he said.

Limbaugh said his on-air colleagues felt uncomfortable after they were criticized this week for not responding to his comments during the show.

"The path of least resistance became for me to resign at ESPN," Limbaugh said. "

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 11:34 AM

Well then there is the good guy angle I was talking about. [Finger]

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 11:35 AM

Limbaugh did the right thing here. Instead of fighting it, he resigned for the good of others.

Guess Limbaugh is becoming more of a socialist by the day. wink

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 11:41 AM

Quote:
Well then there is the good guy angle I was talking about. [Finger]
Yeah, if he's 'right' then he must be good. :rolleyes:

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 11:44 AM

Quote:

Look, I'm not going to say what they did was right. But every link you sent said that they apologized immediatly. (Go back and read them. Your own facts hang you.)

Lott, on the other hand, exposed himself quite openly when he said that "If Sen. Thurmond had been elected, we wouldn't have had all of these problems today."

Now, honestly, he might have not even known what he was saying. But he should have. Because he made the SAME comment a couple of years before at a press conference, and was called to the carpet then too! He didn't learn his lesson.

On top of that, he took three days to apologize for his comments. There IS NO double standard. The two that you cite immediatly apologized profusely. Lott, on the otherhand, begrudgingly (that means "to give or expend with reluctance" Madman. I don't want to have to explain it to you later.) offered his apology only when Republican leaders asked him to, under much pressure.

The difference is the heart, and I don't see Lott having one.
That's just it. We've reached an impasse. You don't see the double standard. You never will. You don't want to see it. Even if you do, you will never admit to it. I think you do see it. That's why I said you are a hypocrite. You are very comfortable with the double standard.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 11:49 AM

Quote:
[QUOTE]That's just it. We've reached an impasse. You don't see the double standard. You never will. You don't want to see it. Even if you do, you will never admit to it. I think you do see it. That's why I said you are a hypocrite. You are very comfortable with the double standard.
You quit!! I WIN!!!
Posted by: Sean

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 11:54 AM

Quote:

I WIN!!![/QB]
Actually I think Xterrapin won. Here we are 4 pages into this discussion/debate/argument and he hasn't posted anything since starting this thread.

[Too much XOC]

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 11:55 AM

The winner is the one with the last post. I think everyone can agree that I've won every arguement I've been in since joining this board.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 12:05 PM

I haven't seen a single one that you have won yet. What have you won exactly?

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 12:12 PM

Quote:
That last line was classic. He doesn't have a heart. Nice try. How about the fact that Bustamante belongs to a racist organization? This is generally ignored by the media, while if a white conservative candidate belonged to something similar he would be crucified?

WHAT DID LOTT SAY THAT WAS RACIST EXACTLY? WHY IS IT OK FOR A DEMOCRATIC SENATOR TO BE A FORMER MEMBER OF THE KKK? WHY IS IT OK FOR GANGSTERS LIKE JESSE JACKSON TO HOLD UP COMPANIES FOR MONEY?
Here is the post I wanted you to respond to. I didn't mean to bring it up in the other thread.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 12:35 PM

The reason Lott is wrong in saying "If Strom Thurmond had been elected President, we wouldn't have all these problems today," is that Strom Thurmond ran on the Dixicrat ticket, which disagreed with the civil rights legislation being proposed by the Democratic party. Their charter states that they "stand for the segregation of the races and the racial integrity of each race...We oppose the elimination of segregation...the control of private employment called for by federal bureaucrats in the misnamed Civil Rights program...We oppose and condemn the action of the Democratic Convention in sponsoring a civil rights program calling for an elimination of segregation."

Now...tell me...how would Strom Thurmond being elected have made things better now with a platform like that?

The key is, Thurmond changed his ways long after this, but Lott was talking about electing the man long BEFORE he changed.

Byrd changed. Notice that you write "FORMER" member of the KKK. Not "CURRENT."

Bustamante, well, I can't defend him being in MeCha, but you also have to remember...he was in COLLEGE at the time of his joining. We all do stupid crap when we're in college.
As far as them wanting to annex Texas and California to the rightful owners (Mexico)...well...I'm sure if there were more than two Indians still left around they'd want Florida back too...but it's not going to happen...Mecha is quite comical...I have to study more about them. smile

As far as Jesse Jackson goes, heck, even us Democrats are embarassed of him.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 12:56 PM

Like I said earlier I will give you the Lott argument. I don't think he intended it the way it was taken though.

BTW, Bustamante has said the he still supports the group. Byrd is a moron. Jackson is never exposed as the fraud that he is, except by the evil O'Reilly.

These things illustrate the double standard very well.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 01:05 PM

Whatever. You haven't provided a counter-argument. I win.
Posted by: Todrick

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 01:09 PM

Quote:
Whatever. You haven't provided a counter-argument. I win.

Yup, you won

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 01:09 PM

You are a fucking idiot. I just provided three examples. You agreed with two of them. WTF?

Jesse Jackson is a media darling, and all he does is run around blackmailing companies. He is a complete racist. If a white man tried to do his scam he would be labeled as such.

Bustamante still supports his racist organization, yet you never here anything about it. You sure heard about Arnold's father being a Nazi though.

These AGAIN, are two examples of the double standard that you choose to ignore. I WIN! :rolleyes:

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 01:15 PM

[Spit]

Oh man, Todrick, that was FUNNY!!!

Good pic.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 01:17 PM

Quote:
You are a fucking idiot. I just provided three examples. You agreed with two of them. WTF?

Jesse Jackson is a media darling, and all he does is run around blackmailing companies. He is a complete racist. If a white man tried to do his scam he would be labeled as such.

Bustamante still supports his racist organization, yet you never here anything about it. You sure heard about Arnold's father being a Nazi though.

These AGAIN, are two examples of the double standard that you choose to ignore. I WIN! :rolleyes:
Simple blanket statements don't make an argument. Were you in debate, or do you know the rules of debating? You need cold hard facts, and all you're doing is opinionated statements.

I WIN!

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 01:17 PM

i was racing to get it up after your posts... several others on here are fond of posting it

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 01:22 PM

Quote:
[QBSimple blanket statements don't make an argument. Were you in debate, or do you know the rules of debating? You need cold hard facts, and all you're doing is opinionated statements.

I WIN![/QB]
Fuck it. You are a completely dishonest debater. Nothing in that post was a blanket statement. Why can't you just admit there is a double standard? There are countless examples of it. Every minority scholarship is an example. How many white only scholarships are there? How about affirmative action in general? It is a double standard by definition. Damn man, you are going to have to do better than that. The double standard is institutionalized in this country.

Whatever happened to the original thought of the civil rights movement? MLK said that men should be judged by their character, and not by the color of their skin. We have gone now to the polar opposite of his dream.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 01:53 PM

Yawn....I've heard it fifty times from you. Give me facts.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 02:09 PM

Huh? I have just given you plenty of examples of the racial double standard. What facts do you want? Again, you are disengenuous and I didn't really expect anything more from you. You have not provided a single fact to support your side other than saying Lott waited three days to apoligize which really does not prove a damn thing.

Tell me this. How is affirmative action not a double standard? The standards for the potential job or whatever are not equal because the minority gets preferential treatment. That means there are two standards for the same job or scholarship or whatever. One side has an advantage based on the color of their skin. This is a fact, and is in fact a double standard. You lose!
Posted by: Stonecoldchavez

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 07:03 PM

A little late into this game (I haven't been around here in a few days....) but here is my take on the Rush Limbaugh issue:

There is a conspiracy to promote black athletes by the NFL. Face it.

I have one thing to say about Rush Limbaugh:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! Finally, someone has publicly mentioned what me and my friends have been saying for years now.

How does a quarterback who has won NOTHING (AJ Feely should have started the playoff game) get to be the HIGHEST paid player in the NFL? Tell me why? Same goes for Dante Culpepper in Minnesota. This guy leads the league in fumbles last year and is REWARDED with a $100 million contract. Huh? I just don't get it. Gus Frerotte proved this weekend that it is the SYSTEM, not the player. Does that mean if Joe Montana was still playing today he would be worth $150 million? $200 million? And he won four Superbowls.......

The NFL is so consumed with have a black "anything" in power that it is absurd. It tries to force these black coaches and athletes into positions they are not qualified for. It makes the divide between whites and blacks even greater, just like affirmative action does. You earn what you get, not a position that was "given" to you because you are black or a minority. This really aggravates me.

I firmly believe the NFL is being black-balled by the likes of Jesse Jackson and Johnnie Cochran into promoting black athletes and coaches. Tell me where does an NFL team come up with $113 million for one average, at best, quarterback? The NFL HAS TO BE subsidizing these teams with incentives and money to promote these players.

How come blacks can make comments about white athletes, i.e. Stewart Scott on ESPN constantly calls white athletes "white boy" and no one raises an eye to that. But god forbid a white person makes any comment towards a black athlete....and they media calls for his head. What a double standard.

I personally feel that Rush Limbaugh said nothing wrong. He was clearly making an observation about a quarterback who is "supposed" to be the "upper" elite in quarterbacks who has lost his last four games dating back to last season.

I would like to had that I throw a better spiral than Donovan McNabb. You CANNOT run the West Coast offense if you cannot make a simple ten-yard dump-off pass to the running back. The back should not have to catch passes at his ankles. These are typical Donovan throws. Look at that awesome catch James Thrash made at the end of the Buffalo game. Everyone praises Donovan. Bull. How about the leaping ability of Thrash to catch that awful high pass?

Stone

PS: Another topic is that a-hole Terrell Owens and what a disgrace to the NFL he is. Would he blow up like that on a Bill Parcell's team?.........I think not. If I was San Francisco, T.O. would be on the waiver wire this week. As my high school football coach used to say, "There is no "I" in TEAM". Get rid of T.O.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 02/10/03 07:08 PM

I hate T.O. He is a punk bitch. What he did on the Star at Texas Stadium made me want to through a brick through the damn TV. Fucker! mad

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 03/10/03 06:42 AM

Frontier, Wilmac is just pushing your buttons. Any right thinking individual knows that with affirmative action. NAACP, Miss Black America, Latino Grammy's etc etc etc all being accepted as part of our culture, of course there is a double standard.

Wilmac, what would be done or said if there was a legitimate NAAWP, or a Miss White America Pageant, or the Honky Grammy awards. (Country Music Awards dont count wink )

I have a few questions you could answer.
1)Would the networks carry either show? Why or why not?
2)Would an organization that called itself the NAAWP be accepted as a legitimate organization or would they be called racist?

If you answer the questions honestly you win!

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 03/10/03 07:17 AM

Quote:
Oh man, Todrick, that was FUNNY!!!
Wow, didn't think there was anyone left that hadn't seen that before...
Posted by: Kerensky97

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 04/10/03 05:58 PM

Quote:
I have a few questions you could answer.
1)Would the networks carry either show? Why or why not?
2)Would an organization that called itself the NAAWP be accepted as a legitimate organization or would they be called racist?

If you answer the questions honestly you win!
1. Neither of them would make the air, people would finnaly realize that treating somebody differently based off skin color is wrong.
2. The NAAWP would be called Racists, considering the current NAAWP was started by the Arian Nation, or the KKK (I don't remember which) there's no way they could not be though of as Racists.

What do I win!? smile

The thing is that creating White oriented groups and events is just as bad if not worse then creating Black oriented events in the first place. If you create a Group like NAAWP just to counter NAACP then you're a hypocrite.

I think the only way to get rid of the problem is for the NAACP to focus more an showing how people are the same rather then trying to balance equality by treating people differently.

Come to think of it the NAACP are hypocrites for perpetuating the view that there is a difference between Black and White. They want equality but they're getting equality by treating Blacks differently (not as equals).
Posted by: aquamander

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 05/10/03 07:54 AM

They knew what they were getting when they hired Rush. He started off with the kind of commentary that they knew they were going to get a rise out of him. When they got it, everyone wanted to chop his head off. On that context, I think he did get a raw deal.

The one thing that bothers me more is the total hipocracy he has demonstrated. I don't listen to him much, but I do know he has had the opinion that anyone using drugs should be in jail. And he has been pro war on drugs. Now he is being investigated by the local DA for getting his people to go out and try to obtain oxycontin, methacodone, and vicodin for him. (any other poor bastard would go to jail for a 1/4 oz of pot)

Rush seems to be one of those say as I do, but you don't have my kind of money so do as I say kind of guys. I don't think the DA would be making open accusations unless there was something there. Where there is smoke, there is bound to be fire.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 06/10/03 04:41 AM

Well, after watching the whole Eagles game yesterday, I have come to the conclusion that McNab is overated as a quarterback. He threw high, he threw low, he threw behind, he threw too hard, and his feet saved his ass. Limbaugh was right, he IS overated, but not because he is black. It took a bad overthrow by Ramsay to save the Eagles bacon.
Posted by: off2cjb

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 06/10/03 07:29 AM

Rush didn't mean anything by McNabb being overrated and black. I think he is overrated because his team did so well, no thanks to him. He is being heralded as a great QB because he is black. Same with Vick and Culpepper. You don't hear about Manning or Couch or Bulger anymore. The NFL has chosen they want to see a wide open offensive game and when these young black QB's enter the league showing they run and dazzle, the NFL feels they got lucky and will do everything to endorse them. I have nothing about anyone gaining equality, but the NFL has taken it too far. Suing the Lions and this whole black coaching thing. If there are no candidates, there are no candidates. Just being black shouldn't qualify you for a job, anywhere. Rush is absolutely correct in what he said concerning this whole situation. PC or not.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 06/10/03 07:44 AM

I agree. The Eagles did fine without McNabb when he was hurt. Their defense got them to the conference finals.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 06/10/03 11:38 AM

Here's how dumb a conservative can be...

Sending out his maid to get his illegal pills. How fricken dumb do you have to be to send the MAID to pick up your drugs?

I've always thought Rush was stupid, but WOW.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 06/10/03 11:51 AM

Quote:
Here's how dumb a conservative can be...

Sending out his maid to get his illegal pills. How fricken dumb do you have to be to send the MAID to pick up your drugs?

I've always thought Rush was stupid, but WOW.
Thats IF he did it. Remember, the woman sold her story to the National Enquirer. If it his true, he needs to pay the piper. But you speak as if he has already been tried and convicted. Here in America we have due process, not like in your beloved Socialist USSR. wink laugh

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 06/10/03 11:55 AM

If the woman who sold her story to the National Enquirer was untrustworthy, why would the legitimate press grab hold of it and run with it...even a paper as conservitive as USA Today?

And on top of that, have the DEA investigating him? The alligations must be pretty stone cold.

Heh heh heh...for Rush to be so much for the so called "drug war" (fiasco), and for this to happen is hilarious.

And you can "ditto" me on that, sucka!

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 06/10/03 12:18 PM

Quote:
If the woman who sold her story to the National Enquirer was untrustworthy, why would the legitimate press grab hold of it and run with it...even a paper as conservitive as USA Today?

And on top of that, have the DEA investigating him? The alligations must be pretty stone cold.

Heh heh heh...for Rush to be so much for the so called "drug war" (fiasco), and for this to happen is hilarious.

And you can "ditto" me on that, sucka!
Really? Didnt Linda Tripp and Monica all have thier story ran with by the "legitimate" media? And didnt they have a special prosecutor (Ken Starr) investigate the allegations against him? The allegations must've been pretty stone cold.

As for "running" with the story. I searched Google news and couldnt find anything that wasnt already old. I searched both Philly papers today, you would think with all the hatred for him in that city there would be ONE story about his alleged drug use. I didnt search LA Times or NY Times because they will obviously be putting it on thier front page every day. There doesnt seem to be anything (at least trumpeted as huge news) on CNN.com. Zero on Fox news. MSNBC.com? nada. USAToday.com has an article about his McNabb comments. Hmm, seems the legitimate media are really running hard. :rolleyes:

If he did it, he deserves what he gets. But it seems to me since the allegations first surfaced, there has been nothing new, and it been almost a week. The legitimate media must be out of breath and cant speak about it any more because of all that running. laugh

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 06/10/03 12:53 PM

Quote:
Really? Didnt Linda Tripp and Monica all have thier story ran with by the "legitimate" media? And didnt they have a special prosecutor (Ken Starr) investigate the allegations against him? The allegations must've been pretty stone cold.
Yeah, the allegations were stone cold. But Lewinsky never was TRYING to prosecute Clinton. She was pissed off that he hadn't called her back. Tripp conned her into talking into tapes that were ILLEGAL to begin with, and Clinton was prosecuted for lying about a blow job. Come on, you're telling me you would have admitted to it with the ENTIRE WORLD watching?? Give me a fricken break.
Besides, that was a consentual affair that should have remained behind closed doors.

Quote:
As for "running" with the story. I searched Google news and couldnt find anything that wasnt already old. I searched both Philly papers today, you would think with all the hatred for him in that city there would be ONE story about his alleged drug use. I didnt search LA Times or NY Times because they will obviously be putting it on thier front page every day. There doesnt seem to be anything (at least trumpeted as huge news) on CNN.com. Zero on Fox news. MSNBC.com? nada. USAToday.com has an article about his McNabb comments. Hmm, seems the legitimate media are really running hard. :rolleyes:
CNN

Miami Herald

Plus USA Today's story ran on their front page ALL WEEKEND.

I cut out the Washington Post, the LA Times and the NY Times, because you'll obviously call those "Liberal Media Outlets" so, whatever.

Quote:
If he did it, he deserves what he gets. But it seems to me since the allegations first surfaced, there has been nothing new, and it been almost a week. The legitimate media must be out of breath and cant speak about it any more because of all that running. laugh
I like how you say it's been almost a week. The alligations came out on Friday. Your weekend must have been a lot longer than mine.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 06/10/03 02:37 PM

You just made my point for me. Your CNN link was 4 days old, and your Miami herald link was 3 days old. FYI, I first heard of the allegations last Tuesday. Heck, even the link in the first post in this thread is from last Thursday. So, lets see, today is Monday....Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, stay with me here, Friday, Saturday, Sunday......Monday. Almost a week. Truly you have a dizzying intellect. :rolleyes:
Posted by: Stonecoldchavez

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 06/10/03 04:36 PM

Quote:
Well, after watching the whole Eagles game yesterday, I have come to the conclusion that McNab is overated as a quarterback. He threw high, he threw low, he threw behind, he threw too hard, and his feet saved his ass. Limbaugh was right, he IS overated, but not because he is black. It took a bad overthrow by Ramsay to save the Eagles bacon.
MB,

That is what Rush was saying all along......

The DEFENSE won that game yesterday. How come Jimmy Johnson (the defensive coodinator) doesn't make $100mil? smile

I like that fact that Tom Jackson bascially back-stabbed Rush yesterday morning say "We didn't want him here. We didn't think he fit the mold of the show." Funny how Rush fit in the first four weeks....... I lost a lot of respect for TJ yesterday. He showed his true "color(s)".

The reason the four of them (Boomer, Steve Young, Irvin, and TJ) didn't say anything at the time is because NOTHING was said wrong. The media completed twisted the whole issue.

Can someone finally "get rid of" Al Sharton too?

Stone

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 06/10/03 06:17 PM

Quote:
Because it's Rush Limbaugh.

Quote:
And on top of that, have the DEA investigating him? The alligations must be pretty stone cold....
Once again Wil, you seem to be fabricating information. From what I heard, the local sheriff is looking into the allegations that were made against him. I would be willing to bet they are more interested in a pharmacy that may be taking money for drugs though.

Quote:

What do you enjoy more, guilt before proven innocent or total invasion on his personal right of privacy? Could be no more than here say and you're celebrating. Ever think that this person is probably trying to get even or get rich? You may hate the guy, and that's cool. I've never liked him all that much. But I can see the left trying to beat him down as usual.

Typical. Can't win the arguement attack the arguer. :rolleyes:

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 06/10/03 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by aquamander:

Once again Wil, you seem to be fabricating information. From what I heard, the local sheriff is looking into the allegations that were made against him. I would be willing to bet they are more interested in a pharmacy that may be taking money for drugs though.
Hey aqua.... Forget about this guy WilPac and his bullshit. He is a pure leftist and spouts typical leftist bullshit and propaganda. When people get sick of responding to his bullshit he childishly posts "I win". As if this was a contest.

Regarding the Rush situation.... there were a couple of arrests made already. Check this out...

I agree the national media pounced on the story for one reason. They are biased in favor of liberals, leftists and Democrats (mostly one in the same these days).

The local DA also feels he doesn't have much of a case involving Rush and there probably never was a case to begin with. It was all predicated on the word of this maid. (Her husband has a criminal record for guess what?.. selling drugs)The maid sold the story to the National Enquirer for a sum exceeding $300,000. This jeopardized any investigation that could have been in place. I don't think there was anything on Rush, and I believe he will probably sue the maid and the National Enquirer in the very near future. I hope he does. This is obvious slander and defamation of character.

Getting back to what Rush said.... CBS also said that McNabb was overrated. Pete Prisco said McNabb gets the "Most Overrated Player Award". That was on Sept. 18.. long before Rush said anything. As we both know, Rush's racial comment was directed at the media, not McNabb... but the leftists that run the media will not allow any question of race unless it means giving them special treatment because of their skin color.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6650947

Forget about WilPac. I think he is one of Sean's leftist office friends brought onto the board as a lefty ringer. (Maybe some moderator like Socal should check their daytime IP addresses to see if they originate from the same domain).

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 06/10/03 08:00 PM

Thanks NY, I don't really. I knew he was trolling when I read the whole "Islamic World rising" statement. [Uh Oh !] This guy's no fun. At least Todrick [Crybaby] (sorry to drag you into this buddy) can flame with a little more informative zeal. This guy just throws anything out there. Hell, he may be even making up some shit! wink

I'm not a full blown supporter of Bush, nor am I completely politically conservative. Back during the Clinton impeachment hearings, I was pissed at the Repubs for forcing this country to spend $70 million on trying to prove something we all knew already. Billy got a buffy in the ovary office. I'm sure that hasn't happened before.

I do consider myself to be somewhat a moral conservative though, and I'm sick of the libral media creating a "victim" situation out of anything or anyone. Telling me I have to openly accept people who mean to harm us. (all of us) Sorry assed MF's who want everything to be given to them by the government in the form of a handout. Removing morality from being taught in schools. (government institutions) While telling them that being gay is normal. Having DEFACS called to my house because a teacher didn't like the way I addressed the fucked up things she was teaching the kids in my sons class. (so she said she suspected abuse which was proven to be without any truth what so ever.) I'm sure you know where I'm coming from.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 06/10/03 08:12 PM

Quote:

I'm sure you know where I'm coming from.
I know exactly where you are coming from. You are right to feel the way you do.

You want to get mad and hear more bullshit? Check this site out. It is an op/ed by the Leftist/Islamic alliance. Did you know that Muslims discovered California?

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/observer/news/6942996.htm
Posted by: Paul H

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 07/10/03 02:37 AM

And it only took 110 posts for us to realize wilmac was an idiot.

Oh wait nevermind we knew right away.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 07/10/03 04:59 AM

Quote:
I do consider myself to be somewhat a moral conservative though, and I'm sick of the libral media creating a "victim" situation out of anything or anyone. Telling me I have to openly accept people who mean to harm us. (all of us) Sorry assed MF's who want everything to be given to them by the government in the form of a handout. Removing morality from being taught in schools. (government institutions) While telling them that being gay is normal. Having DEFACS called to my house because a teacher didn't like the way I addressed the fucked up things she was teaching the kids in my sons class. (so she said she suspected abuse which was proven to be without any truth what so ever.) I'm sure you know where I'm coming from.
Morality should never be taught in school. That's something for YOU to do at home with YOUR kids. Take some responsibility. If they believe that being gay is normal, and you don't, then give your kids a counter argument.

What exactly did you tell the teacher that made them suspect abuse? If you went that far, maybe they had a right to suspect.

You talk about how you hate people playing the victim, and here you are doing it.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 07/10/03 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Hartwig:
And it only took 110 posts for us to realize wilmac was an idiot.

You call me an idiot, yet these people that I've been arguing with have not offered me one simple counter argument to prove me wrong. Every step of the way I have argued them into the ground, to the point where you all have resorted to name calling.

Name calling gets you no points in a debate. Didn't ANY of you take debate in high school?Prove me wrong!

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 07/10/03 10:42 AM

Quote:
[QUOTE]Morality should never be taught in school. That's something for YOU to do at home with YOUR kids. Take some responsibility. If they believe that being gay is normal, and you don't, then give your kids a counter argument..
That's exactly what I do thank you. I was trying to make a point that some things need not to be discussed in school. The home is where these things need to be taught. You'll get no arguement from me there.

Quote:

What exactly did you tell the teacher that made them suspect abuse? If you went that far, maybe they had a right to suspect.
The whole issue was over a scuffle that happened between two first graders over a toy or something of that nature. She didn't really have the patience to deal with kids. After a short investigation, we found out that she saw only the end of the scuffle, and apologized for jumping too quickly before she found out the facts (two kids actually jumped on my kid, He just finished it.) I told her in front of her boss that if she couldn't handle the kids, that maybe she was in the wrong line of work.

Later that evening she called DFACS, and told them I was teaching my children to fight or something of that nature. She also told them my wife had a black eye. Which she did. She hit herself with the rope swing on the kids playset. (likely story I know...) In the end, she claimed that she was mistaken and she felt that circumstance was hinting at abuse. She was forced to apologize and we decided not to pursue it any further.

(That's really it. More than I cared to discuss on this board.)

Quote:

You talk about how you hate people playing the victim, and here you are doing it.
Oh please. :rolleyes: I was just trying to give an example of how quick someone can be attacked on heresay. And how fast everyone is to put aside the facts and destroy someone because they want revenge. I hope this never happens to you or anyone else for that matter. It's wrong. My intention wasn't to play the victim, quit reading more into it.
Posted by: Paul H

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 07/10/03 02:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Hartwig:
[b]And it only took 110 posts for us to realize wilmac was an idiot.

You call me an idiot, yet these people that I've been arguing with have not offered me one simple counter argument to prove me wrong. Every step of the way I have argued them into the ground, to the point where you all have resorted to name calling.

Name calling gets you no points in a debate. Didn't ANY of you take debate in high school?Prove me wrong![/b]
Actually they have. I do not take sides in arguements over the internet as they are pointless so consider my observations non-biased. However, if I were keeping score I would say you are the one losing as everytime someone does offer a counter arguement you spout off how it is not and that you won. Get over yourself as being a great debater and move on. Each time you post you have moe and more rectal cranial inversion. (see my other post)

Or just go on and keep calling yourself a master-debater, whatever gets your rocks off.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 07/10/03 02:20 PM

Yeah I have not seen an argument you have 'won' yet. You just ignore posts that you have no answer for and claim victory. :rolleyes:

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 07/10/03 02:28 PM

Oh come on, me screaming "I won" is FUNNY...it's meant to be FUNNY...you guys need to LIGHTEN UP and LAUGH a little. How ridiculous to think that there actually is a win or lose to this. THATS WHAT MAKES IT FUNNY

Jeez Louise.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 07/10/03 06:12 PM

I just have one question...

If we have a thing called "due process" and Rush is going to benefit from it (as he should, of course)...

Why are people still harping about Whitewater? Or Filegate? Or Vince Foster?

Did not the due process say that there was no wrongdoing in those cases?

Oh wait... a double standard.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 07/10/03 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

Well it could be because the Clinton's still control much of the political dialogue and discourse in this country. They totally control the Democratic National Committee (DNC). Hillary is a sitting senator and never shuts her mouth and is always constantly making false accussations about the current administration. Bill as a former president has totally broke the long standing precedent that ex-presidents never publically criticize their successors. Basically because the fucking Clinton's never shut up and suck all the air away from their fellow Democrats.

That's probably the main reason....

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 07/10/03 07:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Well it could be because the Clinton's still control much of the political dialogue and discourse in this country. They totally control the Democratic National Committee (DNC). Hillary is a sitting senator and never shuts her mouth and is always constantly making false accussations about the current administration. Bill as a former president has totally broke the long standing precedent that ex-presidents never publically criticize their successors. Basically because the fucking Clinton's never shut up and suck all the air away from their fellow Democrats.

That's probably the main reason....
OK, I'll give you that. But still - shouldn't you only be giving them shit about stuff that is still possible? (Reasonably so, that is - not stuff like Vince Foster).

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 10/10/03 12:39 PM

Just in on CNN at 3:32pm on 10/10/03. (Just in case you don't believe me, since Fox isn't running it)

Rush Limbaugh just admitted to being addicted to perscription pain medication.

So...should Rush be thrown in jail, like he's said should be done for other illegal drug users? No, Rush is going into REHAB.

Huh...someone gets busted for a small amount of pot and Rush screams for their head...RUSH gets busted, and he gets to go to REHAB.

Rush is a two faced SOB.
Posted by: Samueul

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 10/10/03 12:48 PM

Did he admit to obtaining them illegally???? It is not illegal to be addicted to anything... it's illegal to be addicted to illegal substances, or obtain prescription substances illegally.......

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 10/10/03 12:53 PM

looks like he did... i didn't hear it but the news just said that he is talking about cooperating witht he authorities...

they are more interested in where he got them, then nailing him

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 10/10/03 12:55 PM

Rush\'s Press Release

My guess is he was getting the perscription from his doctor illegally. The doctor will be the one going to jail. Notice he's talked to his doctor about it, and has twice gone to get medical help about it.

So the doctor is going to take the fall for it. That's what I see happening.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 10/10/03 01:00 PM

Here is what he said....

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031010/laf041_1.html

He says he got hooked of prescription medication for back pain that was highly addictive.

I heard him saying this on the radio on my way home before. I believe this is some audio:

http://mfile.akamai.com/2493/wma/premrad.download.akamai.com/2493/rushlimb/101003_rushstatement.asx

He's not allowed to talk about the maids story by his lawyer he just said it was inaccurate.
Posted by: electrobuzz

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 10/10/03 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
Did he admit to obtaining them illegally???? It is not illegal to be addicted to anything... it's illegal to be addicted to illegal substances...
You got it right with your first statement. It is not illegal to be "addicted" to anything.

So, it is not, as you assert, "illegal to be addicted to illegal substances".

This message brought to you by XOC Semantics Police, a division of XOC SpellingPoliceInc.
Posted by: Samueul

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 10/10/03 01:03 PM

Oops Meant that if he obtained illegal substances then yes he is in the wrong, not that he is in the wrong for being addicted to them. smile
Posted by: electrobuzz

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 10/10/03 01:22 PM

S - Roger, that! laugh

Check out the video of his statement from www.rushlimbaugh.com.

Interesting how reports from several sources do not note this: Rush stated that he still is in pain from surgery, now in the neck. Dude is at times a pain in the neck, but outlets should at least report the whole story!

What I did see reported, on just a few sites (and I do like his humility here): "I'm no role model...there are people you never hear about, facing long odds...who don't resort to escapes, they face it. Those are the real heroes. I'm not a victim...I take full responsibility"

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 10/10/03 01:24 PM

Quote:
Just in on CNN at 3:32pm on 10/10/03. (Just in case you don't believe me, since Fox isn't running it)

Rush Limbaugh just admitted to being addicted to perscription pain medication.

So...should Rush be thrown in jail, like he's said should be done for other illegal drug users? No, Rush is going into REHAB.

Huh...someone gets busted for a small amount of pot and Rush screams for their head...RUSH gets busted, and he gets to go to REHAB.

Rush is a two faced SOB.
I guess fox is completely ignoring the story. :rolleyes:

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 10/10/03 01:25 PM

MB...I guess you're ignoring the rest of my post.
:rolleyes:

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 10/10/03 01:35 PM

Quote:
MB...I guess you're ignoring the rest of my post.
:rolleyes:
Is the drug he is addicted to illegal? Last I looked it wasnt. And until it is proven he obtained it illegally, I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 10/10/03 01:40 PM

Besides the back problems, he was virtually deaf for a while. The guy has had a lot of medical problems.

But since he is a conservative all his enemies on the left will use this against him.

If he were some hollywood dirtbag or an athlete, the same people would be hailing him as a hero for confronting his problems. In hollywood it is almost a fad and chic to go to a rehab center.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 10/10/03 02:30 PM

Quote:
If he were some hollywood dirtbag or an athlete, the same people would be hailing him as a hero for confronting his problems. In hollywood it is almost a fad and chic to go to a rehab center.
Want to know something else about me?

I think Kobe Bryant did it, and should go to jail.

I think OJ killed those people, and got off scot free.

I think Alec Baldwin talks too much, but that Bruce Willis doesn't. (Bruce was quite effective on Fox the other day, talking about his trip to Iraq. Almost got me behind the war....almost.)

I think that drug treatment facilities should be in jails, not resorts.

So, would you say that I glamorize those people? No way! I don't believe they should be treated any different from anyone else. Even justice for all people across the board. If one person goes to jail for obtaining Oxycotin with illegal perscriptions, then RUSH should go to jail for the same exact thing.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 10/10/03 04:02 PM

Rush absolutely deserves the chance to dry out before serving any kind of time.

What I don't understand is someone like Robert Downey, Jr. I realize it is extremely difficult for some to kick the habit, but this fucker (talented actor though he may be) has been given so many chances, it's ridiculous.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 10/10/03 05:19 PM

Quote:
If one person goes to jail for obtaining Oxycotin with illegal perscriptions, then RUSH should go to jail for the same exact thing.

I agree to a point. Not very many people would go to jail for this to begin with unless there was a criminal history there.If that normal person never had a criminal record, he/she should be allowed to attend treatment and get some kind of probation. If, on the other hand, they had been busted previously for selling pot, or coke, or prescription drugs for that matter, then it can be shown they are a repeat offender and should pay a stiffer price, IE jail time. I think RUSH deserves treatment, he should also pay a stiff fine and be on probation. Which is about what a "normal" person would recieve as a first time offender.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 10/10/03 09:20 PM

Quote:
Rush absolutely deserves the chance to dry out before serving any kind of time.

What I don't understand is someone like Robert Downey, Jr. I realize it is extremely difficult for some to kick the habit, but this fucker (talented actor though he may be) has been given so many chances, it's ridiculous.
This is Rush's third time in Rehab.

How many chances has Downey Jr. had, I thought he only had four or five?

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 10/10/03 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kerensky97:
Quote:
[b]Rush absolutely deserves the chance to dry out before serving any kind of time.

This is Rush's third time in Rehab.

How many chances has Downey Jr. had, I thought he only had four or five?[/b]
He appears to have finally started to get away from drugs, but he has been in and out of rehab for a good 15 years (1988 was his first rehab try).

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 10/10/03 10:19 PM

I'm somewhat skeptical of the other stories about Rush's previous rehab attempts.

He may have done it.. but they couldn't have been very good.

I could be wrong but I don't ever recall him ever taking 4 to 5 weeks off at a time before. Isn't that the minimum amount of time for at least a successful rehab?

If there were previous attempts.. they must have been bullshit attempts.

Also... There are more people in America addicted to prescription drugs than anything illegal. A lot of this blame has to start at a doctor somewhere.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 10/10/03 10:28 PM

Quote:
A lot of this blame has to start at a doctor somewhere.
This I agree with. A doctor should not be allowing someone to get that far. To me, it is a violation of the Hippocratic Oath.

Unethical and illegal. If the doctor is supplying him knowing the reasons, he should at the minimum be put on some sort of probation. Investigate whether his license should be yanked.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 10/10/03 10:43 PM

Quote:

This I agree with. A doctor should not be allowing someone to get that far. To me, it is a violation of the Hippocratic Oath.

Unethical and illegal. If the doctor is supplying him knowing the reasons, he should at the minimum be put on some sort of probation. Investigate whether his license should be yanked.
Look at our society today. How many times do you see pharmaceutical companies advertising prescription drugs directly to the public on TV ( this happens too much) ... and in print ads? Something is wrong here. People see these commercials and demand the drugs from their doctors and the doctors comply. Maybe there is collusion. I don't know. That is a serious indictment but it might not be far from the truth.

Doctors are not what they used to be. There are no "Marcus Welby's" anymore.

My parents are getting older and due to their age, things naturally have started to go wrong. I have dealt with my share of doctors over the last few years. I have to say with most of them... the trust factor is low.... and that is a shame.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 11/10/03 06:18 AM

Quote:

A doctor should not be allowing someone to get that far. To me, it is a violation of the Hippocratic Oath.

If you were Rush's doctor, and he continually complained about being in pain, would YOU deny the famous Rush Limbaugh pain medication? How do you know the doctor didn't precribed the normal amount of refills, and Rush got his "Extra" medication illegally? You can't blame the doctor for that.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 11/10/03 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Quote:

[b]A doctor should not be allowing someone to get that far. To me, it is a violation of the Hippocratic Oath.

If you were Rush's doctor, and he continually complained about being in pain, would YOU deny the famous Rush Limbaugh pain medication? How do you know the doctor didn't precribed the normal amount of refills, and Rush got his "Extra" medication illegally? You can't blame the doctor for that.[/b]
Well, that's why I said "knowing the reasons." Also, it appears to me that Rush may not have had a prescription for the pills He may have, but at this point, who knows. And if he did have a prescription, there wouldn't be any investigation...it would have been perfectly OK.

My dad is a physician (retired) and would NEVER have allowed it. Here's an example of how squeaky clean he was: my brother has HORRIBLE allergies. He was taking benadryl shots for it. My dad could have brought home the stuff making it easier for my brother. We even asked him one time why he doesn't. His reply? Because it was wrong. He absolutely refused (and still does) to break the law or do anything even remotely unethical. He wouldn't advertise on TV because, "doctors just don't do that." He wouldn't give a rat's ass how famous or rich his patient was.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 11/10/03 07:06 AM

As a former drugaddict, I just hope he gets better. I seldom agree with the man, but I know what he is going through. I did gain some respect from him for what he said though.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 11/10/03 09:12 AM

Don't forget that sometimes doctors will prescribe medications because they know the medical history of the patient. I think sometimes they justify it by calling it "maintenence" Some people have to use these drugs daily in order to live somewhat a normal life. The downside to this being the unwanted side affect of addiction. Not to mention the long term effects from taking that kind of drug. I fault no one who needs the drug to control pain.

He should live by example now. Go get treatment and if he's broken any laws he should have to face the consequences just like the rest of us would. That would probably be his opinion if it were someone else.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 12/10/03 06:18 PM

Even if doctors are somewhat at fault for giving out too many pills I still think that modern society is a little too quick to pop pills for instant relief.

I'm sick of drug ads that tell you to see if poly-pro-axin is right for you without telling you what it's meant to combat. We just figure that if we don't feel great about going to work everyday then we need to be on medication to make us "normal".

Here in Utah we've got some of the highest use of Prozac in the nation. People think that if your sick of work and life's hard that you must be depressed. In reality life's just hard, you stick it out and deal with what happens.

Doctors need to quit prescribing more pills than needed and we need to quit asking for pills we don't need.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 12/10/03 10:02 PM

As a pharmacist, I can totally agree with most of these last couple of posts. One of the little talked about national crises is antibiotic resistance. Streptococcus is one of the few bacteria still susceptible to penicillin. Bronchitis, sinusitis, pneumonia?? dont even try it!! The biggest reason for this is the complete and total overuse and misuse of antibiotics. People go to the doctor/ER with a 2 degree fever for a day and a half and wont leave without a script for micoxisphalin (also the "technical" name for Viagra) is crap. Fever is the body's natural way of fighting infection. Viruses (ie cold,flu,enteritis) cause just as many infections and ALL THE ANTIBIOTICS IN THE WORLD WONT DO SHIT AGAINST THEM.

There are a lot of scam artists, abusers, junkies and just flat out liars that go into a prescriber's office saying "oohhh myy backkk hurts" and gets a script for Vicodin. But what is really sad are the people that do have legitimate medically justifiable need for these heavy painkillers like Oxycontin that cant get them because many pharmacies wont carry them for fear of beoming a target for the abusers or worse armed robbers.
What happens when someone is on these medications for a long period of time what happens when the patient requires higher and higher doses of the medication is called tolerance, not addiction. When someone goes through withdrawal after voluntarily or involuntarily stopping the drug, this is physical dependence. Neither of these are addiction in the clinical sense. Addiction is actually a psychiatric diagnosis involving that MAY involve tolerance and dependence but the biggest difference is the seeking behavior. Doing whatever one must to get that next fix. Lie cheat steal, ignore family, friends,work, hiding your use/abuse. Sound familiar??? Anyone try to quit smoking out there?? That is an addiction with a physical dependence component.

Personally, I think Rush is a loud mouth opinionated close minded pig but I do listen to him on occasion because he irritates the hell out me most of the time and I hope he gets through this personal nightmare mentally and physically intact. Life would get too boring without that fat SOB!

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 13/10/03 12:25 PM

Thanks Vt! You're right. I called it addiction when in fact it is tolerance.

As a chronic migraine sufferer, I've tried everything in the book and then some to relieve my headaches. I know in fact that methaqualone was the cure for migraine headaches. Because of it's overabuse in the 70's and 80's, I can't get the one drug that I know is a slam-dunk for my problem.
Now, I take midrin, frova, imitrex, zomig and a partrige in a pear tree.(whatever works at the time) Lately, I've had better luck with migraine strength Excedrin. My Dr. tells me I can't take it for more than 48 hours without relief though. He says that possible damage to the gastro-intestinal system is worse than taking these drugs. Now they are saying imitrex is a possible health risk.

If I don't take these meds, I live with a constant headache. So that's why I can't fault a person when they need medication.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 14/10/03 04:59 AM

Quote:
If I don't take these meds, I live with a constant headache. So that's why I can't fault a person when they need medication
Find a good chiropractor. My wife's migraines are almost non-existant now in the two years we have been going. Before that they were almost daily.

Read
Read

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 14/10/03 05:38 AM

Thanks for the links MB...

I see a D.O. (who is also a chiropractor) and I see an M.D. Sometimes one works and the other doesn't or vice-versa. I have been medication and headache free for about two months now. My migraines seen to originate from my sinuses and my eyes.

I do know other people who have to take oxycontin to live normally. Rush probably built a dependance and never got off the drug. I fault his doctor for that. You would think that a doctor would know the signs and want to treat a person who has had to use a drug like that for any extended length of time.

Even Rush has his skeletons. Amazing how all this broke about the time of the big McNabb issue... wink

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 31/10/03 02:23 PM

One of the best articles I've read about the Limbaugh-McNabb blowup...

Limbaugh-McNabb Controversy

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 31/10/03 02:30 PM

I got about half way through that article. I thought you agreed with Rush on that one, or was it that you just thought he should have kept his job?

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 31/10/03 02:52 PM

I half agreed with Rush (McNabb is overrated), and thought he should have kept his job.
Posted by: NismoXse02

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 31/10/03 03:06 PM

Wilmac, I've got to ask. Do you even own an Xterra? You haven't listed what it is yet, you haven't posted anywhere besides "Off Topic"?

Or, are you an original member using a different name strictly for "Off Topic"?

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 31/10/03 09:11 PM

My X is a 2000 blue SE. I haven't done any mods to it, as a news photographer's salary doesn't really allow me to. I got it because it works well for loading all of my lights, cameras, and tripods, for shoots where I can't get the news van.

My profile has been updated, as I get asked this a lot.

Plus, I only have posted down here because I haven't had the money to do any mods to it, and am currently saving up for my honeymoon, so that takes up a lot of my time.

but in time.... smile

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 14/11/03 07:26 AM

Rush will be back on Monday. Should be interesting.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 14/11/03 08:28 AM

Quote:

Interesting for who, people who like soap operas and story telling? I'd rather be put through a root canal. At least the pain wouldn't last as long as his show does.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 14/11/03 08:28 AM

Quote:
Wow...already been a month. Time flies. Hope he's kicked it.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 14/11/03 09:21 AM

Wonder if they locked him in a room, with a bowl for his shit and a bottle for his piss, like in "Trainspotting"? smile

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 14/11/03 10:55 AM

Quote:
Quote:

[b]Rush will be back on Monday. Should be interesting.
Interesting for who, people who like soap operas and story telling? I'd rather be put through a root canal. At least the pain wouldn't last as long as his show does.[/b]
Well, at least interesting for the 20,000,000 people that tune in every day.

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 14/11/03 11:09 AM

Quote:

Quote:
[b]
Quote:

Interesting for who, people who like soap operas and story telling? I'd rather be put through a root canal. At least the pain wouldn't last as long as his show does.[/b]
Well, at least interesting for the 20,000,000 people that tune in every day.[/b]
Yep, like P.T. Barnum once said "There's a sucker born every minute".

laugh

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 14/11/03 11:12 AM

Quote:
Quote:

[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:

Well, at least interesting for the 20,000,000 people that tune in every day.[/b]
Yep, like P.T. Barnum once said "There's a sucker born every minute".

laugh

Nya nya nya nya nya [Finger]

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 17/11/03 10:13 AM

As I was saying....... laugh

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 17/11/03 02:39 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:

Actually, according to Arbitron, he only has 12,000,000 daily listeners. But 20,000,000 weekly. Way to jack up his numbers 75%. :p

Re: Rush Limbaugh. - 20/11/03 06:01 AM

Now he may be facing more trouble.