Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus...

Posted by: PrimeX

Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 24/10/05 08:05 PM

Rosa Parks passed away today.

R.I.P. Rosa Lee Parks. The world lost a good one today. frown
Posted by: Weasel

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 25/10/05 04:52 AM

A true American patriot back when civil disobedience was called disloyalty and godless communism.

Wheh...good thing times have changed and people dont think like THAT anymore
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 25/10/05 05:28 AM

A great lady. She'll be missed. frown
Posted by: dezurtrat

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 25/10/05 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
A great lady. She'll be missed. frown
Totally agree! What courage it took in those days for her to make a stand the way she did! [ThumbsUp]

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 25/10/05 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Weasel:
A true American patriot back when civil disobedience was called disloyalty and godless communism.

Oh please. She's even admitted in interviews, that she didn't do it because she was trying to make a statement. She was tired, and didn't want to stand back up and move.
Posted by: dezurtrat

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 25/10/05 01:01 PM

Tired or not, refusing to stand as opposed to giving up your seat on a bus in those days is no small feat! It took guts! [ThumbsUp]

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 25/10/05 01:27 PM

frown

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 25/10/05 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dezurtrat:
Tired or not, refusing to stand as opposed to giving up your seat on a bus in those days is no small feat! It took guts! [ThumbsUp]
agreed. [ThumbsUp]
Posted by: Kaiser

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 25/10/05 01:44 PM

Kinda weird... now I'm sad about someone dying that I had assumed until today was already dead confused

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 25/10/05 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Oh please. She's even admitted in interviews, that she didn't do it because she was trying to make a statement. She was tired, and didn't want to stand back up and move.
Do you gotta be a total dick all of the time?
Posted by: Mobycat

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 25/10/05 03:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]A true American patriot back when civil disobedience was called disloyalty and godless communism.

Oh please. She's even admitted in interviews, that she didn't do it because she was trying to make a statement. She was tired, and didn't want to stand back up and move.[/b]
Uh...guess again. She was tired, yes. But that isn't why she stayed put.

"I was thinking that the only way to let them know I felt I was being mistreated was to do just what I did - resist the order," Mrs. Parks recalled years later. "I had not thought about it and I had taken no previous resolution until it happened, and then I simply decided that I would not get up.

"I was tired, but I was usually tired at the end of the day, and I was not feeling well, but then there had been many days when I had not felt well. I had felt for a long time that if I was ever told to get up so a white person could sit, that I would refuse to do so."
Posted by: InfX708

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 25/10/05 03:56 PM

An interesting note - she asked the arresting officer why everyone treated blacks like they did. He said he didn't know, but it was the law.
I'll leave the analysis of that to someone else.

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 25/10/05 04:09 PM

It is sad...someone who really made a change in our country for the better. People who maintain the courage of their convictions are rare. She, for one, will never be forgotten. frown

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 25/10/05 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by InfX708:
An interesting note - she asked the arresting officer why everyone treated blacks like they did. He said he didn't know, but it was the law.
I'll leave the analysis of that to someone else.
Bruce Hornsby... "That's just the way it is."
Posted by: BigE515

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 25/10/05 07:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]A true American patriot back when civil disobedience was called disloyalty and godless communism.

Oh please. She's even admitted in interviews, that she didn't do it because she was trying to make a statement. She was tired, and didn't want to stand back up and move.[/b]
[LOL] Unbelievable!
Is there any thread on here that is safe from a jackass starting an arguement so that the thread ends up in the ALR???
Change the web address, abestoslinedroom.com!

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 25/10/05 10:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Oh please. She's even admitted in interviews, that she didn't do it because she was trying to make a statement. She was tired, and didn't want to stand back up and move.
Do you gotta be a total dick all of the time?[/b]
AHHHHHH!!!! I agree with Wilmac, AGAIN! I need a drink!
Posted by: 2001frontier

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 26/10/05 07:04 AM

Posted by: MBFlyerfan

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 26/10/05 07:11 AM

When I was little, everyone wanted to sit in the back of the bus. So we never got why it was such a big deal.

Of course as we got older we understood the significance of her actions.

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 26/10/05 07:33 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Oh please. She's even admitted in interviews, that she didn't do it because she was trying to make a statement. She was tired, and didn't want to stand back up and move.
this coming from you??

[Spit]

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 26/10/05 11:55 AM

Quote:
this coming from you??

[Spit]
When I'm a dick, I do it with flair.

You do it with a queef, pussy.
Posted by: monkeyman

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 26/10/05 11:58 AM

Quote:
Quote:
pot kettle laugh

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 26/10/05 12:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:
this coming from you??

[Spit]
When I'm eat a dick, I do it with flair.
Sorry I don't put on 10 pieces of flair every morning when I come into work. We can't all be as [Rainbow] as you Willy. I mean, I could try, but I just can't get all dressed up and excited about eating dick like you.

[Finger]
Posted by: socalpunx

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 26/10/05 12:09 PM

Well done guys. Really well done. :rolleyes:
Posted by: RedX

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 26/10/05 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
[LOL]
Posted by: GrayHam

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 26/10/05 12:41 PM

Quote:
All without a single ssssssnake . . .

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 26/10/05 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GrayHam:
Quote:
[b]Well done guys. Really well done. :rolleyes:
All without a single ssssssnake . . .[/b]
Sssssssssnake? [Freak]

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 26/10/05 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RedX:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Well done guys. Really well done. :rolleyes:
Sssssssssnake? [Freak] [/b]
Yes. That's how the gays say snake.
Also, if you were wondering, online snakes are gay

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 26/10/05 01:29 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
this coming from you??

[Spit]
[b]When I'm eat a dick, I do it with flair.
Sorry I don't put on 10 pieces of flair every morning when I come into work. We can't all be as [Rainbow] as you Willy. I mean, I could try, but I just can't get all dressed up and excited about eating dick like you.

[Finger] [/b]
A nice thread about Rosa Parks turns into your erotic fantasies.

Typical of a taint licking mung chugging bitchass such as yourself.

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 26/10/05 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Floydfreak:
Quote:
Originally posted by RedX:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
Sssssssssnake? [Freak] [/b]
Yes. That's how the gays say snake.
Also, if you were wondering, online snakes are gay

Got "gay" on the brain?.....Not that there's anything wrong with that......
[Freak]
Posted by: MidnightX

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 26/10/05 05:05 PM

Speaking of the title of this thread, didn't Rosa Parks sue Outkast for making this song?

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 27/10/05 08:54 AM

Yet another topic that results in willymac going on a name calling spree.

Nice to know there are some things you can just count on no matter what.
Posted by: Origami Gangsta

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 27/10/05 09:11 AM

Like death and taxes?

I'm going to have to second Cedric the Entertainer from Barbershop on this one.

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 27/10/05 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
Yet another topic that results in willymac going on a name calling spree.
HE STARTED IT!!!!! [Finger]

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 27/10/05 12:14 PM

Um, no he didn't. He made the comment about Rosa not moving because she was tired and you started in after that.

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 27/10/05 03:20 PM

Quote:
Um, no he didn't. He made the comment about Rosa not moving because she was tired and you started in after that.
He's a dick, you're an asshole, perhaps you two [Rainbow] 's should get together. [Finger]

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 27/10/05 03:35 PM

Tough talk from a little man.

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 27/10/05 03:40 PM

Quote:
Tough talk from a little man.
I see you made the cover! Congratulations!

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 28/10/05 11:15 AM

I've passed guys like you in my stool.

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 28/10/05 11:34 AM

Quote:
I've passed guys like you in my stool.
Huh...that sounds familliar...OH! I know!

Wow...so you're Phil Hartman in 1991?
Click Here
Quote:
Frank Sinatra: You're all talk, blondie! You want a piece of me? I'm right here!

Billy Idol: Don't provoke me, old man.

Frank Sinatra: You don't scare me. I've got chunks of guys like you in my stool!
Come up with some of your own material...and then maybe we can continue, mkay?
Posted by: babyX

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 28/10/05 12:23 PM

Anybody ever been to the Civil Rights Museum in Memphis? They've got a bus in the middle of it that you can climb on and sit where Rosa did. Then an audio track plays what the driver would have been saying to her at the time.

Personally, I probably would've just gotten up and moved in the face of that. I don't know that I'd call her a great lady, necessarily, but you can't deny how her actions helped change the nation.
Posted by: Smith

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 28/10/05 12:28 PM

Do you think they will put her in the back of the hearse???

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 28/10/05 12:35 PM

Prop her up in the front seat, else Jackson and Sharpton will be all over the whiteys.

Willymac, you're just too darn smart for me. I could get in a cut down contest with you and leave you quivering like the freshly fucked asshole that you are, but honestly, I just don't see the point.

Go buy a segway and hang out on their boards, MMkay?

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 28/10/05 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Smith:
Do you think they will put her in the back of the hearse???
[Spit] [Spit]

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 28/10/05 12:42 PM

Quote:
Willymac, you're just too darn smart for me. De derp duh derp da diddly doo blah blah blah...
Bring it.

(Actually, I'm just having so much fun at this point, I can't let it go. [Laughing] )

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 28/10/05 01:00 PM

Nope. Not continuing. I'm not being rude about it. You're just that insignificant.

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 28/10/05 07:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Willymac, you're just too darn smart for me. De derp duh derp da diddly doo blah blah blah...
Bring it.

(Actually, I'm just having so much fun at this point, I can't let it go. [Laughing] )[/b]
CRIPPLE FIGHT!

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 28/10/05 09:14 PM

[Spit]

Moby wins!
Posted by: Tonka Ross

Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus... - 28/10/05 10:38 PM

This thread is FUNNY! You know, in a dead, history defining black woman, kind of way.

But I still like cornflakes.

Anyway, great thread......... :rolleyes:

Spunky!!!!!!! (Spurt!)