Let's argue politics and everything else...

Posted by: XterrAZ

Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:

You mean illegally obtained prescription drugs, right? Damn straight Rush should go to jail if he's convicted. He too should practice what he has preached.
How about if Rush said he needed the pills so his secretary could give him BJ's.... then asked everyone to define "is". Would you be willing to give him a pass so quickly?

Besides... Rush isn't going to jail. The DA in Florida said he had no evidence to convict so it's done. The money laundering story was bullshit muckraking. Rush is in the clear. He got the drugs with prescriptions and last time I checked, that's legal.

You really don't want to start a list of all the Democrats who do drugs do you? What about all the drug addicts Clinton had in the White House? We could go on all day.

And I want to rant about China in the other thread.. [LOL]
Here you go, knock yourselves out.
Posted by: NY Madman

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 09:10 AM

You can delete this. I was talking about the thread in the Clubhouse.

Hey AZ.... If I wanted a new thread I'm perfectly capable of creating one myself. If you wanted to make some kind of point you could have just said it in the other thread.

Unless you want to talk politics.... [Uh Oh !]
Posted by: XterrAZ

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 09:41 AM

Quote:
Hey AZ.... If I wanted a new thread I'm perfectly capable of creating one myself.
Are you? Then why do you (and others) continually take over threads with politics?

Quote:
Unless you want to talk politics.... [Uh Oh !]
That's not my thing but thanks for the offer.

I moved your last post here not to argue. The reason was so that you and others could continue this dicussion without interrupting another thread, a little late seeing that it is 15 pages, but a valiant effort just the same.
Posted by: MBFlyerfan

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 10:01 AM

I think most of the threads just kind of evolve when someone brings in a new point about something. Kind of like when a river starts to cut a new path by means of erosion. Now erosion is an interesting topic. The Grand Canyon was created by erosion from the mighty Colorado River. Or is it the snake river? Or are they the same river at different parts I dont know. I would like to visit the Grand Canyon some day. I hear its a real beautiful place.

Like that..... laugh
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 10:09 AM

Yeah, and nobody erodes an interesting conversation like Madman. [Laughing]

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 10:11 AM

How about this one? Greatest debate of all time!
laugh

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 10:12 AM

Yeah I agree. Sometimes a thread somehow gravitates to another topic. Sometimes politics, sometimes something else. Once in a while it is on purpose sometimes it is not and just naturally shifts in another direction. Many of us here are guilty of it. It is not always intentional or malicious. It also mostly happens down in the ALR and Clubhouse. Rarely in the other threads.

AZ .... In what you quoted .... I specifically said I was taking the debate to the China thread.

I understand your meaning though....

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELFTERRA:
laugh
No, I believe this was the greatest debate of all time!
Posted by: Sean

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 11:32 AM

Quote:

Yeah I agree. Sometimes a thread somehow gravitates to another topic. Sometimes politics, sometimes something else. Once in a while it is on purpose sometimes it is not and just naturally shifts in another direction. Many of us here are guilty of it. It is not always intentional or malicious. It also mostly happens down in the ALR and Clubhouse. Rarely in the other threads.

AZ .... In what you quoted .... I specifically said I was taking the debate to the China thread.

I understand your meaning though....
Are you done kissing ass yet?

Most the threads that get hijacked around here is from you right-wing freaks.

Case in point:

The thread from the "Log Master" Carlton himself. I start with saying things like "what if this happened", and the next thing you know I'm called a "Liberal" that can never take responsibility for my own actions.

:rolleyes:

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 11:56 AM

Quote:

Case in point:

The thread from the "Log Master" Carlton himself. I start with saying things like "what if this happened", and the next thing you know I'm called a "Liberal" that can never take responsibility for my own actions.
Us right wing freaks? I never realized you left wing freaks were such angels.

You hijack plenty of threads. I didn't even come into the log in the road thread until the end. By that time it had bounced through several topics.

I can just picture what you were like when you were a kid. When something happened you were always the first one to point a finger..."he did it".... Right?
Posted by: Todrick

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 12:07 PM

[Argue]

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 12:07 PM

Quote:

Case in point:

:rolleyes: [/QB]
Seanski, maybe you should go back and reread page 4 of the tailgater thread. You were the first one to bring up the liberal/conservative thing in response to my 'responsibilty' statement. At no time did I mention the "l" word up to that point. My statement was well within the topic at hand and you took it to the political ideology level. Funny how I mentioned taking responsibility (or lack therof)and you automatically equated it with being a liberal.

Talk about pot/kettle :rolleyes:

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 12:12 PM

Quote:

Us right wing freaks? I never realized you left wing freaks were such angels.

You hijack plenty of threads. I didn't even come into the log in the road thread until the end. By that time it had bounced through several topics.
When I said "You right-wing freaks", I didn't say YOU personally hijacked it.

Quote:
I can just picture what you were like when you were a kid. When something happened you were always the first one to point a finger..."he did it".... Right?
Ah come on now Madman, you can do better than that. Why don't you call me a "Flaming Hetrosexual" or something?

[LOL]

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MBFlyerfan:

Seanski, maybe you should go back and reread page 4 of the tailgater thread. You were the first one to bring up the liberal/conservative thing in response to my 'responsibilty' statement. At no time did I mention the "l" word up to that point. My statement was well within the topic at hand and you took it to the political ideology level. Funny how I mentioned taking responsibility (or lack therof)and you automatically equated it with being a liberal.

Talk about pot/kettle :rolleyes:
"Sean, is anyone ever responsible for thier own actions in your world? "

As if it wasn't implied, yeah right.

:rolleyes:

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 12:22 PM

Quote:

Ah come on now Madman, you can do better than that. Why don't you call me a "Flaming Hetrosexual" or something?
Maybe it was lame. I don't know. For some reason I picture you as that type of kid.

When you got into mischief as a kid, did you ever take the fall so your friends could run away?

The term coined by Howard Dean is "metrosexual". I think he coined it. He used it to describe himself. How pathetic is that for a guy running to be a commander-in-chief during a time of war? It refers to yuppie type guys who are in touch with thier feminine side.

Any guy who has a feminine side must be [Rainbow]

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 12:30 PM

[Sleep] [Sleep] [Sleep]

Wake me up when this is over, or when you start trashing each other's moms.

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 12:32 PM

Quote:

Maybe it was lame. I don't know. For some reason I picture you as that type of kid.

When you got into mischief as a kid, did you ever take the fall so your friends could run away?
No, I wasn't afraid to take the fall when I fucked up, and yes it's means you fucked up if you got caught.

wink

Quote:
The term coined by Howard Dean is "metrosexual". I think he coined it. He used it to describe himself. How pathetic is that for a guy running to be a commander-in-chief during a time of war? It refers to yuppie type guys who are in touch with thier feminine side.

You keep forgetting that I'm not a fan of EITHER party, I'm a Independent. I rag on the Republicans because they are the ones who are most vocal on certain issues. Believe it or not, I'd vote for Bush before I'd vote for Dean, and I actually like and voted for our Governor Mitt Romeny.

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:

[Sleep] [Sleep] [Sleep]

Wake me up when this is over, or when you start trashing each other's moms.
I won't mention any names, but two members here I debate with often have brought my family members into the fray on more than one occasion.

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 12:44 PM

Quote:

You keep forgetting that I'm not a fan of EITHER party, I'm a Independent. I rag on the Republicans because they are the ones who are most vocal on certain issues. Believe it or not, I'd vote for Bush before I'd vote for Dean, and I actually like and voted for our Governor Mitt Romeny.
Yeah right!!! I've never heard you criticize the Democrats. You sound exactly like Terry McAuliffe or James Carville in a lot of your political tirades and criticisms. Straight out of the DNC playbook. A touch of Molly Ivins in your Bush bashing too.

Let me tell you something about Bush. With all this expansion of the federal government, no slashing of wasted programs, no one fired after 9/11, all the friggin money this guy is spending and the increase of new socialized entitlement systems (the prescription drug behemoth), he may lose my vote too. I won't vote for president. I just may leave that lever in the booth blank.

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 12:46 PM

If I think it'll get a laugh, I'll go after someone's mom. I think that stuff is hilarious.

Problem is, some folks don't know when I'm just messing around, so I have to be careful doling out my witticisms

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 12:48 PM

Quote:
I won't vote for president. I just may leave that lever in the booth blank.
If you do that, then you lose all right to complain about how they're running things.
Posted by: Aero Steve

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELFTERRA:
laugh
Here\'s some info on that one

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 12:54 PM

Aero-Sweet Sig. Hopefully they won't choke this year in the playoffs! smile
Posted by: 2001frontier

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 12:57 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]I won't vote for president. I just may leave that lever in the booth blank.
If you do that, then you lose all right to complain about how they're running things.[/b]
I like Carlon's stance on this one. If I don't vote, I have every right to bitch about the guy the rest of you ass holes voted into office.

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 12:58 PM

Quote:

If I think it'll get a laugh, I'll go after someone's mom. I think that stuff is hilarious.

Problem is, some folks don't know when I'm just messing around, so I have to be careful doling out my witticisms
You don't know the rules? There are unspoken rules of conduct amongst civilized men. If you don't know them, then you are not a real man:

- You never insult a man's mother
- You never insult a man's wife or girlfriend
- You never emabarrass a man in front of aforementioned women
- You never embarrass a man in front of his children
- You never tell a man you want to bang his sister

Of course when dealing with lowlifes... all bets are off... [Spit]

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 01:02 PM

So, if I was to say "I donkey punched your girlfriend last night in front of your children, and was shocked when she told me that she's also your sister, so I went and slapped your momma."

That would be out of line? Damn, I've been saving that one.
Posted by: Accasbel

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 01:22 PM

Quote:
...The term coined by Howard Dean is "metrosexual". I think he coined it. He used it to describe himself. How pathetic is that for a guy running to be a commander-in-chief during a time of war? It refers to yuppie type guys who are in touch with thier feminine side.

First of all, let me say that I am not a big fan of Howard Dean.

Second of all, let me say that I respect that he is using the rule of law, running for office, to make change. He is standing in the light of day before all people asking if they agree with his vision, he is asking if he should be the one that leads. He is not hiding behind anonymity. His is not standing in the shadows, lurking, preying upon hate and intolerance.

And third, according to the website The Word Spy , the word metrosexual was coined a decade ago, and not by Howard Dean.

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Accasbel:

And third, according to the website The Word Spy , the word metrosexual was coined a decade ago, and not by Howard Dean.
I wasn't sure where it came from. One things for sure... most of America never heard it before he used it. Unless you were half-a- [Rainbow] to begin with.

This is actually worse than I thought:

[ The typical metrosexual is a young man with money to spend, living in or within easy reach of a metropolis — because that's where all the best shops, clubs, gyms and hairdressers are. He might be officially gay, straight or bisexual, but this is utterly immaterial because he has clearly taken himself as his own love object and pleasure as his sexual preference. Particular professions, such as modeling, waiting tables, media, pop music and, nowadays, sport, seem to attract them but, truth be told, like male vanity products and herpes, they're pretty much everywhere.
—Mark Simpson, "Meet the metrosexual," Salon.com, July 22, 2002 ]

We have a new form of DEVIANT.

Every friggin day ... a new form of insanity.

Oh... by the way... Dean is a dick. He flip flops on issues. He tries to portray his roots as a small town guy. He grew up a priviledged Manhattan Park Ave. baby. His family owned Dean/Witter. I don't trust the guy. He's a lefty one day...an NRA guy another day. A metrosexual another day....
Posted by: 2001frontier

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 02:20 PM

Quote:
So, if I was to say "I donkey punched your girlfriend last night in front of your children, and was shocked when she told me that she's also your sister, so I went and slapped your momma."

That would be out of line? Damn, I've been saving that one.
Bwahahahahah! You said donkey punch! laugh
Posted by: Paul H

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 02:24 PM

Hot Carl anyone? cool

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 02:58 PM

So, has anyone else been to the Grand Canyon? I hear it really cool. I personally, have never been there, but I would like to go someday.
Posted by: Andre the Giant

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 03:18 PM

Politics suck. Everything else sucks. We're all going to be enslaved by genetically altered super roaches in 10 years anyways. Why bother!

Sorry... I had an Ian moment.

laugh

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 03:23 PM

Quote:
Sorry... I had an Ian moment.
Are you still wearing your clown costume then?
OUT DAMNED SPOT!!! laugh
Posted by: number41

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 20/11/03 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MBFlyerfan:
So, has anyone else been to the Grand Canyon? I hear it really cool. I personally, have never been there, but I would like to go someday.
You know, I live in the freaking state, my parents have a vacation home a couple of hours away, you'd think I would have seen the Grand Canyon by now. I hear its very pretty, awesome, and scary all at the same time.

I should make it a point to see what's on my state's license plate. [ThumbsUp]

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 21/11/03 06:18 AM

Damn, you live in Arizona and have never been there? I would think that would be some kind of right of passage. Its like living in NJ and never going down the shore. Yo can go there for me to relive great Brady Bunch classics.

Bobby!?, Cindy?! Oh Mike where could they be? Bobby?!, Cindy!? laugh
Posted by: Guido

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 21/11/03 09:57 AM

I went there three yrs ago and the damn thing was full of clouds, couldn't see a f*cking thing!

We are going to be in AZ in January and thinking of trying again, wish me luck!

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 24/11/03 11:09 AM

Kinda quiet lately... [Sleep]

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 24/11/03 12:18 PM

Quote:
[Save the fine unicorns] You fucking jizz monkey! Crawl back under the liberal rock you came out from under! [Argue] [Finger] [Rainbow]

There we go... more activity in the ALR.
No offense WilMac.

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 24/11/03 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Andre the Giant:
Quote:
[b]Kinda quiet lately... [Sleep]
[Save the fine unicorns] You fucking jizz monkey! Crawl back under the liberal rock you came out from under! [Argue] [Finger] [Rainbow]

No offense WilMac.[/b]
[Spit]

Well put, you donkey raping shit eater!! [Laughing]
Posted by: Mobycat

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 25/11/03 03:46 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Kinda quiet lately... [Sleep]

No offense WilMac.[/b]
[Spit]

Well put, you donkey raping shit eater!! [Laughing] [/b]
At least come up with your own line, skunk fucker.

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 25/11/03 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:

No offense WilMac.[/b]
[Spit]

Well put, you donkey raping shit eater!! [Laughing] [/b]
At least come up with your own line, skunk fucker.
Hows this:

Eat shit, you skull fucking, ass ramming, donkey punching, ass clown!

Good enough? [LOL]
Posted by: Pathfinder_1988

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 26/11/03 10:22 PM

Okay, maybe I misunderstood this comment...
Quote:
Let me tell you something about Bush. With all this expansion of the federal government, no slashing of wasted programs, no one fired after 9/11, all the friggin money this guy is spending and the increase of new socialized entitlement systems (the prescription drug behemoth), he may lose my vote too. I won't vote for president. I just may leave that lever in the booth blank.
But As I take it you were critisizing Bush and his actions of wasting money and not helping the economy. (correct me if I am wrong) However, have you looked at the latest numbers? The US economy has hit a RECORD boost of over 8% in the last quarter of this year...looks to me like things are on the way up...

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 30/11/03 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pathfinder_1988:
As I take it you were critisizing Bush and his actions of wasting money and not helping the economy. (correct me if I am wrong) However, have you looked at the latest numbers? The US economy has hit a RECORD boost of over 8% in the last quarter of this year...looks to me like things are on the way up...
Let's hope it can sustain itself. But as many of the conservatives have pointed out, the President doesn't really have a lot of power over what the economy does.
Posted by: BigE515

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 01/12/03 05:00 PM

Let's argue politics...........

:rolleyes: [Save the fine unicorns]

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 02/12/03 12:40 PM

Politics suck. Everything else sucks. That's my opinion and everyone else is just [Rainbow] .
Posted by: Weasel

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 02/03/04 07:28 AM

I love when people talk politics or religion how they turn into children

Your so gay....no your so gay....yeah well your gay time infinity....yeah well pbbbbbbbbth (sticks fingers in ears)

Idiots...this is why people stay away from political processes and are not properly represented.
Why must it only be screaming unwashed hippies or the bubba hillbillies. Where are the regular, thoughtful people?

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 02/03/04 01:04 PM

You know what is really gay? Bringing back a topic that has been dead for 3 months. wink

Re: Let's argue politics and everything else... - 02/03/04 01:38 PM

I was going to post the same thing, MB. But then I thought....hey, that would be [Rainbow]

[Finger]