So I am being tailgated today...

Posted by: Carlton McMillan

So I am being tailgated today... - 13/11/03 07:10 PM

I am on this narrow two lane road just after a hard rain and I notice that I have a nice shiny new BMW right on my ass (and I was going the posted speed limit)

So this moron is riding my ass for about a mile or so when an interesting thing happens...

I am coming up to an intersection and because I am not tailgating the car in front of me I notice that there is a rather large (8"+ dia) log that is in the middle of our lane. The cars in front of me are all going out of their way to avoid hitting this log. Remember that BMW that is tailgating me??? I sure do.. And so I drive right over it and do not so much as hit a skid plate..

Not the case for Mr I want to sniff your tailpipe.
He hits it dead on (does not even have enough time to try to avoid it) He proceeds to have the front end of his car lifted off the ground and is stuck in the road as I continue on.. Now cars are going around him because he is stuck..

What a wonderful day it is... [Laughing]
Posted by: sandmanX

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 13/11/03 07:12 PM

[LOL]
Posted by: Firebraun

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 13/11/03 07:16 PM

That's priceless! It's refreshing to see that once in a while a jacka$$ actually gets what they've got coming!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 13/11/03 07:21 PM

Chalk one up for the good guys!!! [Spit]
Posted by: Paul H

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 13/11/03 07:25 PM

sweet deal [Spit]

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 13/11/03 07:27 PM

Great story! I've had more than my share of tailgaters, and one of these days I want to do the same thing that you did, only with a skunk! (just my luck, it will pop it's head up just as I was passing over it - clunk!) [Uh Oh !]
Posted by: sandmanX

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 13/11/03 07:35 PM

Just to make sure I understand... did the beemer high center on the log?

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 13/11/03 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sandmanX:
Just to make sure I understand... did the beemer high center on the log?
Yes.. after what looked like some body/plastic damage.
Posted by: oleblue

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 13/11/03 07:49 PM

Way to go, justice is served. That’s even better than having a rear window washer that points straight back.
Posted by: Griffin2020

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 13/11/03 07:49 PM

Bet he was cussing you.

Hey carlton...email me, I need to send you some $$$...

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 13/11/03 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Griffin2020:
Hey carlton...email me, I need to send you some $$$...
Wow, if I email you, do I get some $$$, too? laugh
Posted by: Biohazard

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 13/11/03 08:05 PM

[LOL] That's great! Prick got what he deserved!

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 13/11/03 08:45 PM

points, laughs!!

the untold beauty of driving an SUV, getting to screw with a$$hole$ like that!! [Spit]
Posted by: Rickster43

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 13/11/03 08:48 PM

Yahoooo!!! I am so proud...I hate tail-fuckin'-gaters...you should have went back with a Camera and took some Pics of the Prick...

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 13/11/03 08:54 PM

Damn, Carlton, isn't that the second time you've had that happen? You need to get a "Karma Police" sticker for your X.

Either that, or stop following landscaping trucks around - you sick freak. laugh
Posted by: defibvt

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 13/11/03 09:01 PM

Fortunately nobody was hurt or at least that is what we think. What about our insurance claims that go up because he had an accident. You didn't say that you attempted to get him off your back while he was tailgating you. Did you attempt anything other than helping to damage his car. Now if he would have rearended you then that would have been his help but you helped to damage his car. Nice job. You must be so proud.

For the record, I was rearended once by an SUV. The Land Rover did not drive away. Thank God no was hurt in that accident. Just some sheet metal damage to my truck. However, I would never knowingly damage some other persons vehicle. What you did is the same as keying someones vehicle. This my opinion and I don't expect you to agree.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 13/11/03 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by defibvt:
...You didn't say that you attempted to get him off your back while he was tailgating you. Did you attempt anything other than helping to damage his car.

maybe the tail-gater will and hopefully learn his lesson, and pay attention next time...
Posted by: Tagawichin

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 13/11/03 11:35 PM

That brings back "fawn" memorys of when a motorcycle was riding a bit to close to my back side on the interstate. I strattled a fresh gooy looking pile of lasts nights deer, and he did not.

I was impressed that he did not lay the bike over after that speed bump.
Posted by: ClaptoVaughn

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 13/11/03 11:48 PM

i was an almost identical situation.
but instead of a log, it was a random car tire. and instead of a bmw tailgating me, it was some dropped truck with a body kit.
phew, if there was ever a reason not to drop a truck, it was then.
Posted by: RJ

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 13/11/03 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ClaptoVaughn:
i was an almost identical situation.
but instead of a log, it was a random car tire. and instead of a bmw tailgating me, it was some dropped truck with a body kit.
phew, if there was ever a reason not to drop a truck, it was then.
Why didn't he just pop his hydraulics up? laugh

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 12:50 AM

Quote:
Fortunately nobody was hurt or at least that is what we think. What about our insurance claims that go up because he had an accident. You didn't say that you attempted to get him off your back while he was tailgating you. Did you attempt anything other than helping to damage his car. Now if he would have rearended you then that would have been his help but you helped to damage his car. Nice job. You must be so proud.

For the record, I was rearended once by an SUV. The Land Rover did not drive away. Thank God no was hurt in that accident. Just some sheet metal damage to my truck. However, I would never knowingly damage some other persons vehicle. What you did is the same as keying someones vehicle. This my opinion and I don't expect you to agree.
Is everyone up north cranky. How on earth did Carlton help him damage his car. The guy was tailgating him and thus was unable to see the danger ahead as he was to close to carlton. Carlton had the ability to drive over the obstical and it was probably safer to do so than to swerve so he did and the dipshit behind him hit it because he was on his ass. Why should I or anyone else have to look out for other peoples cars? Why should carlton have to try to get this guy off of his ass before the damage? Seriously I do not see you point at all?
Posted by: Sean

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 05:07 AM

Why not just pull over to the right and let the jerk pass? Your threshold for revenge is pretty low, huh?

:rolleyes:

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Why not just pull over to the right and let the jerk pass? Your threshold for revenge is pretty low, huh?

You seems to miss the whole "it was a two lane road" you know... the kind with no shoulders?

[Wave]

edit..
And this brings to mind a saying I once heard.. "Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine"
Posted by: great pyr-hauler

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 05:40 AM

Looks like we have at least 2 other idiot tailgaters in here. Dumbasses.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 05:54 AM

Quote:
What you did is the same as keying someones vehicle. This my opinion and I don't expect you to agree.
How do you figure that?

Had he been obeying the law and not tailgating me he would have seen the log and slowed and avoided it. It is not my job to look out for other drivers who are doing stupid things. Think of sort of like Darwinism for cars.

Sure it would have been "nice" of me to warn him. But I did not see the need to warn him because by his actions he seems to have some of those lightning fast reflexes.. Why else would he be that close to my bumper??

And you are correct.. I do not agree with your opinion.. but we knew that already :-)
Posted by: bonesnTX

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Carlton McMillan:
Quote:
[b]Why not just pull over to the right and let the jerk pass? Your threshold for revenge is pretty low, huh?

You seems to miss the whole "it was a two lane road" you know... the kind with no shoulders?

[Wave]

edit..
And this brings to mind a saying I once heard.. "Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine"[/b]
AND...You drive a 4X4...Designed for offraod use? I get off the road way too often to let the dumb shits pass.

The knucklehead got at least part of what he deserved.
Posted by: puffdc

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 06:20 AM

Quote:

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 06:21 AM

Quote:

[Wave]

edit..
And this brings to mind a saying I once heard.. "Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine"
Your Xterra is a 4x4, right? Anyway, how do you know this guy wasn't rushing to the hospital or something? You don't because you didn't stop to find out.

Posted by: off2cjb

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 06:24 AM

Quote:
Quote:

[b]You seems to miss the whole "it was a two lane road" you know... the kind with no shoulders?

[Wave]

edit..
Your Xterra is a 4x4, right? Anyway, how do you know this guy wasn't rushing to the hospital or something? You don't because you didn't stop to find out.

:rolleyes: [/b]
Good point Sean. There could have been some type of emergency and you dicked him Carlton. Then again, maybe he was being a complete jerk.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 06:29 AM

[Finger] [Finger] [Finger] Mr. Beamer Man!

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 06:40 AM

Quote:

First.. there was no place for me to go even IF that was where he was going (and if he was he was going the wrong way..) And why should I endanger myself by going off a paved road into a wet soft shoulder (with a steep incline) for some inconsiderate driver that likes to ride on peoples asses? I bet money that he drives like that all the time. At least did. [Crybaby]

Second that is a lame excuse anyway. With him not being in an emergency vehicle he has to operate under the same traffic laws that we all do. He was not flashing his lights or making any other attempt to let me know he NEEDED to pass so I think it is safe to say that he was just like so many dicks out there.

You know.. the ones that think that they are the best drivers.. don't use turn signals.. tailgate.. run red lights.. got their license from a cracker jack box, etc..

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 06:42 AM

Quote:
Quote:

[b]You seems to miss the whole "it was a two lane road" you know... the kind with no shoulders?

[Wave]

edit..

If he was in such a hurry "emergency" or such...He would have passed Carlton. Some people just don't seem to know where they are going except behind the bumper in front of them.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 06:48 AM

That was classic... the only thing better then this story would have been if you went back and took a nice picture of him stuck. Then posted it on here!

Where I live the little bastards tail gate all the time. This is why there are so many rear end collisions. Even if it's pooring rain, they don't care. To top it off, everyone around here is always at least 10mph over.
Posted by: sb

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 06:59 AM

if he was a jackass there was no reason for you to do the same, you just went down to his level, you didn't teach him anything just got everybody's insurance higher
sergei
Posted by: RedX

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 06:59 AM

My simple opinion....the f*cker got what he deserved. Period.

I am amazed that anyone would actually try and justify a dangerous and stupid act such as tailgating, as being anything other than what it is. It is an outward expression of aggressiveness and self-righteousness. The BMW driver felt it was his right to break the law of proper following distance, and by cramming his vehicle up the ass of Carlton's X, thought he could use at least a modicum of intentional suggestion that Carlton either speed up or move over for this gentlemen's obviously more pressing need to be somewhere sooner.

I suppose, had Carlton been faced with a sudden braking situation, in the eyes of some members here, it would have been Carlton's fault, rather than the BMW driver's fault that he rear-ended the Xterra. This logic is no different. The Beamer driver gambled by practicing dangerous and unnecessary behavior, and lost. Screw him. Not Carlton's problem.

If the Beamer driver was in a legitimate hurry for and emrgency reason, he has flashers that I'm sure work (and if they don't, he again is responsible for the properly maintained condition of his vehicle). He should have been using them.

But he was not dealing with an emergency situation, at least not one that justified the act of extreme tailgating and dangerous driving. He was just exemplifying behavior we all see everyday.....the need to be somewhere sooner than he is, due to either poor planning on his part or over-extension of obligations.

I would like to think that this behavior would be altered by his little mishap.....but I fear that as soon as his little race rocket is mended, he will be out there driving in the same assinine fashion again. Let's just hope his behavior doesn't lead to more devastating results next time.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sb:
if he was a jackass there was no reason for you to do the same, you just went down to his level, you didn't teach him anything just got everybody's insurance higher
sergei
So you wanted him to do a civilian traffic stop and brief him? Please.
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 07:06 AM

Hooray for Carlton and Tagawichin! Those idiots deserve to have the shit scared out of them, and they're responsible for every bit of what they got.
[Finger] to anyone that thinks Carlton had ANY obligation to make any effort to let the schmuck pass him. Carlton was doing the speed limit on a 2-lane road, he was dead-center within the letter of the law, and the jackass in the Bimmer can stew all he wants.
I think those of us that know Carlton even a little can be certain that if he thought for a moment there was any chance the Bimmer jackass could have been injured by the incident, he would have stopped to check on the guy.

Justice served, [ThumbsUp] Carlton!
Brent

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 07:09 AM

On a side note:

About a week ago I was driving home through a residential area on the main road. The speed limit was 35 MPH and there was a solid double yellow line on the whole road as it was residential and windy. Well, I see children out so I am going about 32 MPH. The SUV behind was right on my ass trying to make me speed up. This went on for about 1 minute and Mr. Antsy Pantsy got tired and passed me on the left hand side, crossing the double yellow line and almost running into an oncoming car head on.

The funniest part of this whole thing is the idiot turned into the very next section of the neighborhood indicating to me he/she was almost home. Guess those 5 seconds were so important that they were willing to risk life.

I will also note that this same vehicle almost hit me at the intersection prior to me turning on the road. I was an all way stop. I had made my stop and was taking a left onto the road. I was already in the intersection and they ran their stop sign almost hitting me, they slammed on the breaks at the last minute.

So for all those tailgaters... [Finger]
Posted by: Mapman

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 07:23 AM

I want a bumper sticker that says "I Slow for Tailgaters". I feel like I am always either taping the brakes or just letting off the gas to let the morons know I don't like being taligated. Tailgaters deserve whatever they get. Cheers to you Carlton! [ThumbsUp]
Posted by: Coop

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 07:30 AM

Tailgaters suck. Even if there's an emergency, there's no reason to tailgate. How much faster is trying to ram your nose up some other vechicle's ass going to get you to your destination? None. Posistioning your car so I can't see your headlights is the easiest way to get me to slow down 10 MPH.

This knob got what he deserved. The laws regarding following two close are there EXACTLY for this type of situation. He broke the law, and got nailed by what the law was trying to prevent. If that ain't justice, I don't know what is.
Posted by: MBFlyerfan

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 07:31 AM

Good work Carlton. That beamer driver is responsible for his own actions. Those here that suggest any different can [Save the fine unicorns]
Posted by: Kaiser

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 07:36 AM

Quote:
edit..
I LOVE it... that will have to be my new motto.

As to the event in question... I don't think I would have done what Carlton did... but I really can't fault him for it. That guy screwed himself - Carlton just chose not to try to keep him from screwing himself.

Hey Suspect2 - aren't you a cop? I don't know what your legal restrictions are... but it would be nice to follow the dude home in uniform and give him a good lecture... or watch that neighborhood while on duty and try to catch him doing something wrong again...
Posted by: GrayHam

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 07:49 AM

What the hell was Carlton supposed to do?

Tailgaters can fuck right off. To hell with 'em.

"Oh, oh, but he could have pulled off to the side of the road!"

Fuck off. If the guy in the BMW had stones, he could have waited until the road was clear, and passed Carlton. Last I looked, Beamers are speedy little machines, with excellent passing capabilities--especially compared to Xterras.
But he didn't. He was just trying to be a jerk.

The guy in the BMW was being an asshole, and he was the one who reduced his vision of the road, which reduced his warning lead time for roadway hazards, which in turn led to him driving over a fucking log.

Tough shit.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 07:56 AM

Quote:

First.. there was no place for me to go even IF that was where he was going (and if he was he was going the wrong way..) And why should I endanger myself by going off a paved road into a wet soft shoulder (with a steep incline) for some inconsiderate driver that likes to ride on peoples asses? I bet money that he drives like that all the time. At least did. [Crybaby]
You could have stopped completly, and let him pass. How many people a day actually ride your bumper?

Quote:
Second that is a lame excuse anyway. With him not being in an emergency vehicle he has to operate under the same traffic laws that we all do. He was not flashing his lights or making any other attempt to let me know he NEEDED to pass so I think it is safe to say that he was just like so many dicks out there.
No, that was a lame excuse for your sophmoric actions. What if this guy swung left to miss that log, then went head-on into the on-coming traffic? Would that have made you feel good? Besides, if I had to drive a member of my family to the hospital in a hurry, I wouldn't be worring about the speed limit, or a courtesy flash.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by distant planet:
[Finger] [Finger] [Finger] Mr. Beamer Man!
It's Bimmer...not Beamer... [Smoking]

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham:

"Oh, oh, but he could have pulled off to the side of the road!"

Fuck off. If the guy in the BMW had stones, he could have waited until the road was clear, and passed Carlton. Last I looked, Beamers are speedy little machines, with excellent passing capabilities--especially compared to Xterras.
Did you skip your anger managment class last week? I know why you wouldn't have pulled over for this guy, you would have got stuck.

[Finger]

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 08:09 AM

Quote:
You could have stopped completly, and let him pass. How many people a day actually ride your bumper?

What if this guy swung left to miss that log, then went head-on into the on-coming traffic? Would that have made you feel good? Besides, if I had to drive a member of my family to the hospital in a hurry, I wouldn't be worring about the speed limit, or a courtesy flash.
Stop completely? On a two lane curvy road right after a rain with a speed limit of 40? You are nuts. Really you are.

Speaking of What if's and coulda happend.. What if by delaying his movements I stopped him from running a red light and him killing a family on the way to church? Or if he was a terrorist and was in a rush to go bomb a daycare but because he was delayed all the kids were picked up and went home?

We can go both ways on the what if thing..

Fact is.. he was driving in an unsafe way by tailgating me to the point that he could not see a road hazard and he payed for it with a bit of bump and grind.

And if you are that kind of driver I hope you don't kill anyone rushing your kid to the hospital with a sprained ankle. [Huh?]

edit.. He did not swerve because he was too freaking close to my bumper to see anything more than my rear tire. How could he have seen the log?
Posted by: Excelagator

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 08:20 AM

I think what Carlton did was perfectly fine. Driving 101 says 1 car lenght for every 10 MPH. The conditions Carlton describes he (BMW) should have been at least 6 lenghts IMHO, no matter what you drive or your driving skill.
Really on a peasonal note. What the hell is with H2s now! In my area they are tailgating like crazy here. These assholes think they are god-like driving these things!
Dan

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 08:21 AM

Quote:

Stop completely? On a two lane curvy road right after a rain with a speed limit of 40? You are nuts. Really you are.
I can brake from 40 on a wet road safely, can you?

Quote:
Speaking of What if's and coulda happend.. What if by delaying his movements I stopped him from running a red light and him killing a family on the way to church? Or if he was a terrorist and was in a rush to go bomb a daycare but because he was delayed all the kids were picked up and went home?
Nice story. At least my senario was believable.

Quote:
Fact is.. he was driving in an unsafe way by tailgating me to the point that he could not see a road hazard and he payed for it bit a bit of bump and grind.
And the other fact is you let him run over that log, and you're lucky no one got hurt.

Quote:
And if you are that kind of driver I hope you don't kill anyone rushing your kid to the hospital with a sprained ankle. [Huh?]
Pretty poor statement for deflecting the real issue here. Piss poor actually.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 08:27 AM

Oh....now it is Carlton's fault that the log was in the lane!!! confused eek [Laughing] [LOL] [Spit]

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LmtdSlip:
Quote:
[b] [Finger] [Finger] [Finger] Mr. Beamer Man!
It's Bimmer...not Beamer... [Smoking] [/b]
You say Potato, I say Pototo, you say Tomato, I say Tomoto... [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 08:37 AM

Sean, is anyone ever responsible for thier own actions in your world? The guy in the BMW is TOTALLY at fault. He was the one tailgating. He was the one driving irresponsibly. He was the one playing a dangerous game on a one lane highway. It is not Carlton's job to to be nursemaid for other drivers on the road. What the BMW should have done was back off. End of story. No excuses. Why should Carlton put himself in danger by stopping or pulling off on a small or non-existant shoulder just to let this asshole by? The safest play for him was to go over the log, he knew he had the clearance. Why should endanger himself by trying to go around it? He could lose control on the shoulder, or worse, could have endangered oncoming traffic.
It was no ones fault but the BMW driver for following too close. There is no excuse. Karma can be a beautiful thing.

Quote:
Originally posted by excelagator:

Oh....now it is Carlton's fault that the log was in the lane!!! confused eek [Laughing] [LOL] [Spit]
Who said it was Carlton's fault the log was there? Making up shit to be funny, huh? Keep trying, you're still not funny.

If Carlton would have either pulled over enough to let this person pass, or stop completly, and then this guy still hit that log, well it's all Mr. BMW's fault. Carlton still hasn't answered my question about how many times this scenaio of people riding his ass happens a day. I drive in rush hour traffic on rt 93 just about everyday, and rarely does someone ride my bumper like Carlton has described, and that's at speeds much higher than 40 mph.

Quote:
And the other fact is you let him run over that log, and you're lucky no one got hurt.
Damn you Carlton....how dare you LET him run over that log.

[LOL]

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 08:43 AM

Quote:
I can brake from 40 on a wet road safely, can you?
Yes.. But can I expect others on a busy road to do the same? Should I stop traffic and cause a hazard to allow someone who is driving in an unsafe manner to make an illegal pass on a two lane road? Am I responsable for that other drivers actions when he makes that illegal pass and runs someone in the opposite lane off the road? Or worse causes a head on collision? He was not paying attention when he was tailgating so why should I expect him to pay attention when he makes this illegal pass?

Quote:
Nice story. At least my senario was believable.
No more than mine. But in the end, they are both just stories. Nothing more.

Quote:
I was in no danger of being hurt so I guess that I am lucky, I was paying attention to the road. But that is not luck.

Quote:
Pretty poor statement for deflecting the real issue here. Piss poor actually.

And what would the real issue be here? I would like to know your thoughts.
Posted by: Loop Choke

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 08:43 AM

Good job Carlton. I commend you for your actions. Jerkoff got exactly what he deserved.

Jason

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MBFlyerfan:

Sean, is anyone ever responsible for thier own actions in your world?
Why am I not suprised with this personal jab of your's? Leave it to you to make this discussion a weak political/idealogy stand. Why don't you just come right out and blame me for being a liberal?

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 08:45 AM

Quote:
[QUOTE] Carlton still hasn't answered my question about how many times this scenaio of people riding his ass happens a day.
What does that matter?

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 08:52 AM

Quote:
Quote:

[b]Sean, is anyone ever responsible for thier own actions in your world?
Why am I not suprised with this personal jab of your's? Leave it to you to make this discussion a weak political/idealogy stand. Why don't you just come right out and blame me for being a liberal?[/b]
O.K. I will say it then.. Does anyone in your world ever take responsibility for their actions?

It was HIS responsiblity to mainain a proper distance between himself and the car in front of him.

It was HIS responsiblity to watch the road in front of him to make sure that there were no dangers.

At no point was it my responsiblity to be big brother to this idiot. Should I have put a warning label on the back of my truck saying please obey the law and keep back? Are people that stupid that we need to hold their hands for everything?

I suppose he could sue someone for not protecting him from his own stupidity.
[Freak]

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 08:57 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Why am I not suprised with this personal jab of your's? Leave it to you to make this discussion a weak political/idealogy stand. Why don't you just come right out and blame me for being a liberal?[/b]
That is not the point. It seems like you are trying any lame argument possible to exonerate this idiot of any wrong doing. You actually stated that Carlton let this guy hit the log. As if it was his responsiblity not only to be in control of his own vehicle, but the BMW as well. Instead of trying to figure out a reason whythis idiot was tailgating, cant you just admit that he shouldnt have been? No matter what the circumstances. Why are you so quick to assume that the BMW driver was doing nothing other than being an asshole?

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 08:58 AM

From a legal standpoint, it is ALWAYS the responsibility of a person driving behind a vehicle to leave a safe distance between themselves and the car in front of them. On the flip side, to drive defensively also means it is the responsibility of the lead driver to conduct themselves in a manner that does not put others in harms way (including themselves).

Don't get me wrong, I would have probably done the same thing myself. But what about the minivan full of kids that could have potentially been behind the Bimmer and got into an accident as a result. I consider both drivers aggressive in this circumstance. Now let me get off of my high horse and say...fuck the bimmer driver. He should have been paying more attention and left more distance. An expensive lesson to learn...

-dp [Smoking]

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser442:
Quote:
edit..
I LOVE it... that will have to be my new motto.

As to the event in question... I don't think I would have done what Carlton did... but I really can't fault him for it. That guy screwed himself - Carlton just chose not to try to keep him from screwing himself.

Hey Suspect2 - aren't you a cop? I don't know what your legal restrictions are... but it would be nice to follow the dude home in uniform and give him a good lecture... or watch that neighborhood while on duty and try to catch him doing something wrong again...
Yes I am but I was in my truck off duty and unarmed. Unless I am armed and someone is gonna die I aint doing shit!

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 09:02 AM

Scary thing is that there others who believe as Sean does.....

As exemplified by the many filed AND won lawsuits by people who clearly are in the wrong....

confused

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 09:06 AM

Quote:
From a legal standpoint, it is ALWAYS the responsibility of a person driving behind a vehicle to leave a safe distance between themselves and the car in front of them. On the flip side, to drive defensively also means it is the responsibility of the lead driver to conduct themselves in a manner that does not put others in harms way (including themselves).

Don't get me wrong, I would have probably done the same thing myself. But what about the minivan full of kids that could have potentially been behind the Bimmer and got into an accident as a result. I consider both drivers aggressive in this circumstance. Now let me get off of my high horse and say...fuck the bimmer driver. He should have been paying more attention and left more distance. An expensive lesson to learn...

-dp [Smoking]
And Carlton, by not swerving in a matter that may have lost him control of his vehicle, put no one else in harms way. The BMW did that to himself by following too close.

Carlton was in no way driving aggresively. had a minivan full of kids hit the BMW, it wouldve been a)The fault of the BMW for not allowing proper following distance. and B) The fault of the minivan for not allowing proper stop time. Either way Carlton is not at fault.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 09:09 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Oh oh... he OUTED himself!!!

Hi ho - hi ho - it's off to ALR we go...

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 09:11 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Personal responsibility anyone?
Posted by: OnlyOneDR

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 09:22 AM

In this entire thread no one addressed the root of the problem (pun intended). Why was the log in the road, and WHY does NO ONE ever stop to get road hazards off on the shoulder so that EVERYONE can safely pass.

And before someone says another snide remark, Yes, I have stopped in the middle of the road to get "obstacles" out of the way, just because I can drive over it does not mean the next vehicle can (as evidenced in the original post). We all have hazard flashers, was that not a hazard in the road?

In no way am I suggesting that we all try to cause traffic accidents to remove debris from the road, but it seems that no one makes the effort to ensure everyone's safety. Just yesterday I was on the highway near downtown Houston and traffic stopped dead just around a curve. Cars were pointed in 3 different directions, but everyone was stopped between 2 lanes of traffic. The cars jockeyed around and everything started rolling again, and as I rolled by I saw the problem, it looked like a new windsheild fell out of a truck or something and was busted in a few pieces in the middle of the road. Now I was already rolling by with thousands of cars right behind me, but what of the people that were stopped in the road just before I went by? They could have put it in park, popped the flashers on, and grabbed the big chunks and threw them off the side of the road (it was on the left side of the far right lane). People.
Posted by: great pyr-hauler

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 09:44 AM

Sean is either a)dumber than the log that was in the road or b)messing with you guys for fun.
Posted by: cbx

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 09:57 AM

That is F#$%ing GREAT! hahahahahhhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 10:06 AM

Quote:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MBFlyerfan:

[qb]That is not the point. It seems like you are trying any lame argument possible to exonerate this idiot of any wrong doing. You actually stated that Carlton [b]let
this guy hit the log. As if it was his responsiblity not only to be in control of his own vehicle, but the BMW as well. Instead of trying to figure out a reason whythis idiot was tailgating, cant you just admit that he shouldnt have been? No matter what the circumstances. Why are you so quick to assume that the BMW driver was doing nothing other than being an asshole?[/b]
The tactic I was using here was "Playing Devil's Advocate", and it just goes to show how fast people get bent here and jump all over the few that share a different opinion on something. No one here, including Carlton, knew why this guy was riding his ass.

Kudos for great pyr-hauler for being the only one here smart enough to know my original intent. Really, sometimes it's just to easy. And to think I didn't even have to hide in the "Supporting Members" section to do it.

Now for the people who don't believe that was my initial intent here, here's some more fodder for the shit slingers:

Personally I still would have let the person pass me because if the road was as dangerous and busy as Carlton has suggested, it wouldn't be worth risking a serious accident over something as petty as someone riding my ass. I kept asking Carlton how often this happens because obviously he felt the need to exhort a little revenge here with the BMW driver, so much for driving defensively. It's also obviouse he was proud of his actions, or he wouldn't have posted it to begin with, hence he shouldn't get upset when someone disagrees with his actions. I don't know about you, but I have bigger things in life to be worry about, and I definitely wouldn't have posted something a high school student would have done in the same situation.

And another thing, I definitely would have tried stopping for that log in the road before someone else hit it (as someone here already suggested). Sounds to me there might have been a chance since we're only talking a 2 lane road here, not a major highway.

Flame away.

[Wave]
Posted by: IceChickenX

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 10:15 AM

Of all the things I have read on this board, this one takes the cake...

All of you who says it's Carlton's fault for any of this....you are a liberal!!!

All of you who say he should of pulled over to let the moron pass....needs to review their driving laws. Carlton has no responsibilty for other's driving habits...never does it state in any driving law mandated by the gov't to pull over because other poor decision making skills....heck if that was a law...then we should all pull over when someone cuts us off (are we at fault for that?); when someone SPEEDS past us over the posted speeding limit (ar we at fault for that?); when someone passes us on a no passing zone (are we at fault for that?)...we can't hold the hand of others to do right in this world.

There are consequences to life...good or bad based on your decisions...Based on Carlton's decisions, he "suffered" good consequences...Going the speed limit on a two lane road NOT TAILGATING others in front of him allowed him to react/adapt to changing road conditions...justice served!

The jack a$% behind him chose poorly...and got what he deserved...what's he going to say to the police? "Ah, I was tailgating the guy in front of me and he didn't give me enough warning"

The police would laugh in his face....as a matter of fact the law states 1 car length for every 10 mph...and that's on a dry surface!!!

Liberals are always trying to push the responsibility (and poor decision making) of themselves on to others....they hate accountability.

Remember "Everything is permissable, but not everything is Beneficial".

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 10:23 AM

Let me restate. If Carlton drove over that log because he knew that his 4x4 could handle it and it looked like fun--then no, he was not being aggressive. If Carlton drove over that log because he was fucking with the Bimmer driver and knew that it would cause problems--then yes, I consider that aggressive. And, if in fact this was Carlton's thinking, then his actions clearly set a chain of events in motion that could have potentially resulted in a more dangerous road incident.

From a legal standpoint, Carlton is not to blame. But one would argue that he showed bad judgment in doing what he did (if in fact he did it with ill-intent). Only Carlton can tell us what he was thinking at the time. Now...if Carlton's actions were innocent, he has every right to gloat about that idiot Bimmer driver who, because he was in a rush, clearly "followed the leader" and underestimated the abilities of his own vehicle.

-dp

Quote:
And Carlton, by not swerving in a matter that may have lost him control of his vehicle, put no one else in harms way. The BMW did that to himself by following too close.

Carlton was in no way driving aggresively. had a minivan full of kids hit the BMW, it wouldve been a)The fault of the BMW for not allowing proper following distance. and B) The fault of the minivan for not allowing proper stop time. Either way Carlton is not at fault.

Quote:
Originally posted by IceChickenX:

Of all the things I have read on this board, this one takes the cake...

All of you who says it's Carlton's fault for any of this....you are a liberal!!!

Liberals are always trying to push the responsibility (and poor decision making) of themselves on to others....they hate accountability.

IceChickenX,

The cat is already out of the bag here, you can calm down now.

As for your blanket statement about liberals, you really need to get a life, really.

Posted by: KJ_dragon

This thread is pretty [Rainbow] .

Maybe its time for a good old fashioned XOC Religion debate or political debate. I think some people here are going thru internet arguing withdrawl and are iching to bitch about any little thing.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:

Maybe its time for a good old fashioned XOC Religion debate or political debate. I think some people here are going thru internet arguing withdrawl and are iching to bitch about any little thing.
My excuse is I was bored, it's Friday, and the Madman hasn't posted all day.

laugh

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 10:31 AM

Ok Sean, fine. You were playing devils advocate. In light of our previous jousts and our obvious philosphical differences, it is hard to tell. To me it sounded like a postion you would normally take.

Depending on the situation, I too, wouldve moved the (insert item here). If it was a major highway like the windshield story, probably not. There is too much risk involved. More than likely in that situation you will be leveled by oncoming traffic and now you are the debris in the road.

I dont have enough info in Carltons case to say whether I wouldve moved the log. Is the road curvy? Are sight lines good enough that I could be seen at a distance? Could my parked X with flashers on be seen? Is there enough shoulder that I wouldnt be in traffic thus causing an even greater hazard. Is light good? All in all I would probably not move it in this case because it sounds like it would be hazardous to my health to try to move it. None of us want to become road kill.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by OnlyOneDR:
In this entire thread no one addressed the root of the problem (pun intended). Why was the log in the road, and WHY does NO ONE ever stop to get road hazards off on the shoulder so that EVERYONE can safely pass.
Sounds to me like the guy in the BMW did a relatively effective job of both stopping and removing the debris from the road....

[LOL]
Posted by: Todrick

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 10:33 AM

ok this is nuts.

anyone who thinks carlton was the one who was wrong is just insane.

I am mellower now(after years of riding a motorcycle) but when i was younger, on two seperate occasions, I got so sick of the guy riding my ass that i simply jumped on my brakes... HARD. Causing them to rear-end me... when interviewed by police i said "a cat ran in the road"

the guys that hit me both had the same answer... "I couldn't see ahead of him."

fuck them, they deserved it. as did the jackass tailgating carlton.

Truth of the matter is they still caused the accident, they were following too close and could not react to the situation presented to them.

I wouldn't do the same thing now, but i will "brake check" people. Hit the brakes hard for a split second... just long enough to make them think they are gonna die.... works best at highway speeds.

I have driven in every major city in the continental united states, as well as many in canada... and I have to honestly say no where can hold a candle to Phoenix for high speed tailgaters other places have bumper to bumper traffic but the valley of the sun is the king of not being able to see the grill of the car behind you at 70mph

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 10:41 AM

I wish Carlton would of had a cam rolling or at least some pics for us. If it was pre-meditated as has been suggested he'd have at least one or both. The SOB tailgating got a little of what he deserved.

Next "X Mod" ...Remote Log Dropper?

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 10:43 AM

To put an exclaimation point on my previous post, it reminds me of a similiar story that happened to me a couple months ago.

I was coming down a hill on a relatively busy road at a relatively un busy time of day.(around noon.)

I notice that up ahead of me a car is sitting in the middle of the lane with flashers on. I slow down and finally stop, wondering what the hell this idiot is doing. I finally realize that he is watching a turtle cross the street and did not want to hit it. I put my flashers on and get out to help the guy.

Cars are stopping behind us because they see what is happening. Cars coming the opposite way are also slowing down. Its all nice and cozy.

Anyway, the turtle crosses the center line. A few cars coming the other way slow down and go around it. About 5 seconds after, here comes another car, it isnt slowing down, and runs over the turtle. Visibilty on this road in either direction is a good half mile. Its a nice straight road. he never stopped, never slowed down. Dead turtle, and about 6 people in my lane direction just looking on in disbelief. I almost cried.

Moral of the story: Not everyone is paying attention to thier surroundings. And that is why most of us don't get out and move the debris because there is always someone who will add us to the pile.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 10:44 AM

Hey, this situation sounds like a great idea for a new mod! Maybe Calmini could come up with a sort of 007ish log/debris releasing rear bumper to combat asshole tailgaters all the time. [LOL]

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 10:45 AM

Quote:

Ok Sean, fine. You were playing devils advocate. In light of our previous jousts and our obvious philosphical differences, it is hard to tell. To me it sounded like a postion you would normally take.
You may have branded me a "Liberal", but I'm not an asshole. As for our differences, we have less than you think.

Quote:
Depending on the situation, I too, wouldve moved the (insert item here). If it was a major highway like the windshield story, probably not. There is too much risk involved. More than likely in that situation you will be leveled by oncoming traffic and now [b]you are the debris in the road.[/b]
Agreed. Carton did mention that he was "coming up to an intersection" when he noticed the log, and that "The cars in front of me are all going out of their way to avoid hitting this log", so I assumed that if he had time to acknowledge he had someone on his ass, an intersection coming up, and a log in the road that everyone in front of him was avoiding, that he must of had time to possibly stop to get that log out of the road.
Posted by: John Doe

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 10:45 AM

Carlton does not need to "accomidate" anyone else's speeding or tailgating. I say way to go Carlton. When I'm being tailgated, I slow down to make myself safer if they were to hit me, and to make it easier for the tailgater to pass. If any of you are tailgaters in the Chattanooga area and you get on my ass you will be in the slow lane [Finger] .

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 10:51 AM

Its log log, its better than bad its good. Everyone wants a log, everyone loves a log.
Posted by: TravelingFool

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 10:59 AM

Way to go Carlton! I'd do it in a heartbeat if I had the chance. Just so I'm clear, exactly how fast can an Xterra go while flawlessly absorbing a log? How big was the log? What mods have you done to your rig that would help in "log cruising?"

Details man... we need to do the math!

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Suspect2:

Yes I am but I was in my truck off duty and unarmed. Unless I am armed and someone is gonna die I aint doing shit![/QB][/QUOTE]

I did that once while off duty, some prick passed me by the right, freak me off, pissed me off, enough that I followed him hime ( bout 30 seconds away, just like in your story ) and briefly informed him that what he had done was illegal and dangerous. He was obviously annoyed about what I was telling him, and told me to go check with police and that what he had done was proper. I then told him that I had forgotten to tell him that I was a RCMP member, and that I was the one patrolling that road. He was even more annoyed and just went home.
The following day, his girlfriend came to the office and asked for excuses, saying that I wasn't supposed to tell people how to drive etc.. The officer taking the complaint was furious ! Kicked her out of the office, and went looking for the boyfriend for weeks after, trying to nail him good.
Complaint was dismissed, and I stop carring about what people are doing while I'm off-duty.
I just get pissed cause I don't get any tailgaters when I drive police cruiser, but in my truck, they're everywhere.

As for this topic story, the BMW was driving dangerously, took risk, and had an accident because of his actions.
Deserve a ticket, and a huge increase in insurance.

Dob
Posted by: Bucweet X

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 11:38 AM

Quote:
Its log log, its better than bad its good. Everyone wants a log, everyone loves a log.
[LOL]

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 11:56 AM

That is great!!

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:

Haven't seen this one in awhile:

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 12:31 PM

I always love when people get their arguement thrown out of the water and look like complete asses always come back with " I was just playing devil's advocate, or I am just bringing up another point".

No you were not. You were trying to be a dick or trying to be funny neither of which worked. It is a bit late to try and open your mouth and insert your foot. [Finger]
Posted by: Darren K

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 12:51 PM

This is such a great story, Carlton! I don't care if the whole situation could've been avoided or not.

I guess Sean had to use his screen name because distant planet was taken? Even devil's advocate has no place in such a thread. :rolleyes:

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 12:57 PM

HOW BIG WAS THE FLIPPIN' LOG???
HOW FAST WAS HE GOING???
WHAT MODS DID CARLTON DO TO MAKE THIS POSSIBLE??

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
HOW BIG WAS THE FLIPPIN' LOG???
HOW FAST WAS HE GOING???
WHAT MODS DID CARLTON DO TO MAKE THIS POSSIBLE??
Calm down Ken [Too much XOC]

the log was about 8" dia. and about 2 ft long ( guess )

We were going the posted speed limit of 40mph

Only mods were a lift kit and knowing where all my low hanging stuff is under the truck (and the skid plates for added assurance)I am sure the 32" tires helped with the clearance too..

did you get my PM?

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 01:05 PM

Oops... my bad. Off to check my messages (and to re-acquaint myself with my "low hangy downies")!
Posted by: Guido

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 01:05 PM

Hey Carlton...

2 final questions.

When and where are you moving to MN?

(I want to make sure I avoid following any heavily modified white Xterras too closely)

laugh

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 01:06 PM

Quote:
Oops... my bad. Off to check my messages (and to re-acquaint myself with my "low hangy downies")!
Just make sure you keep your "low hangy downies" to yourself!! [Uh Oh !]

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Guido:
Hey Carlton...

2 final questions.

When and where are you moving to MN?

(I want to make sure I avoid following any heavily modified white Xterras too closely)

laugh
:p

We will be in our new home near the end of the month.. And that is in Lakeville

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 01:09 PM

Quote:
:p

We will be in our new home near the end of the month.. And that is in Lakeville
Good, you'll be closer to Ken...I'm well north of you! (I will be on the look out on my trips to Iowa though!)

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Darren K:
I guess Sean had to use his screen name because distant planet was taken? Even devil's advocate has no place in such a thread. :rolleyes:
Hey dipshit, I merely stated that he was aggressive in what he did--whether justified or not. If you read my earlier posts, I mentioned that I probably would have done the same thing as him had it happened to me. I never stated that he was at fault or should be blamed for what happened. As an aside dipshit, I'm entitled to my opinion. [Finger]
Posted by: Darren K

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 01:31 PM

Whoa there! My apologies! Just to clarify, as I must have written it poorly, I wasn't referring to you or your posts, as I'm sure I agree with them (I'd have to re-read) whole-heartedly. I was merely referring to the simple fact that it would be a perfect screen name for him. wink

For the record, I would've done the same.
Posted by: Mapman

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 01:31 PM

So Carlton are you going to be at the Midwest GOX next May? I'm sure we can find plenty of logs in Northern Wisconsin for you! laugh

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EAP:
So Carlton are you going to be at the Midwest GOX next May? I'm sure we can find plenty of logs in Northern Wisconsin for you! laugh
It should be close enough!!

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Hartwig:

I always love when people get their arguement thrown out of the water and look like complete asses always come back with " I was just playing devil's advocate, or I am just bringing up another point".

No you were not. You were trying to be a dick or trying to be funny neither of which worked. It is a bit late to try and open your mouth and insert your foot. [Finger]
You can believe what you want sparky, it's a free country. Maybe if you spent more time in the ALR, you'd see that I excel at "Devil's Advocate". By the way, how was I acting like an ass? I suppose none of my possible scenario's couldn't have happened in this case?

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 02:40 PM

I was driving down a 2 lane road the other day and when I got home I noticed that my backend had opened on it's own and now I can't find the log that I wanted to put in my fireplace! Has anyone seen it? *bump* [Uh Oh !]

Great thread -- beats the heck out of reading the newspaper tonight!
Posted by: Xorand

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 02:47 PM

Yeah, this has been a good read. Can't say I feel sorry for the driver of the Bimmer. If you're going to follow that close, you can expect to find unexpected surprises coming your way (whether underneath the lifted X in front of you, or suddenly stopping traffic).

Of course, I'm still a little leary of the whole story. Carlton, you didn't install that trap door under your rear seat yet, did you? Just wondering if you were on the way home from picking up some firewood and.....

laugh
Posted by: hattrik21

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 03:09 PM

Way to go Carlton. Serves the guy right. Too bad you didn't turn around and take a pic. laugh If he were following at a safe distance, he could have avoided F@$king up his ride.
Posted by: DocNo

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 06:27 PM

Of all the moronic things to argue about....

Quote:
Do you read what you post before you post it?

Now you want him to STOP on a narrow two lane road with no shoulder to let some asshole who is tailgating to pass?!?!?!

What coior is the sky in your world exactly?

Quote:
No, that was a lame excuse for your sophmoric actions. What if this guy swung left to miss that log, then went head-on into the on-coming traffic?
So Carlton was supposed to swerve in traffic to give the idiot tailgating him ample warning???

What kind of logic is it you are using? You might want to ask for a refund....

Quote:
Besides, if I had to drive a member of my family to the hospital in a hurry, I wouldn't be worring about the speed limit, or a courtesy flash.
Then you would be another idiot jerk endangering the public for your own selfish reasons.

And to hell with all the hypothetical bullshit, Carlton did exactly what any normal one of us would have loved to have done. Bottom line, if the guy wouldn't haven't run into the log if he would have been driving responsibly - period. The BMW driver caused his outcome.

What is so hard about people taking responsibility for their own actions or inactions? Do we really need to put "WARNING: Coffe is extremly hot on the outside of coffe cups? How is natural selection supposed to work? Aren't we subverting nature with all of this coddling and sheltering of stupid people from themselves?

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 06:34 PM

Quote:
And to think I didn't even have to hide in the "Supporting Members" section to do it.
Ahh, if you only knew what we really talk about in there...

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 06:43 PM

Quote:
Yup - my other favorite is "If we see you smoking, we will presume you are on fire and take appropriate acction"

Great story, Carlton. I was going to say ignore the "what if" idiots, but I think that would be redundant at this point.
Posted by: Gator Saver

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 07:25 PM

I'm with Brad on this one "Sounds to me like the guy in the BMW did a relatively effective job of both stopping and removing the debris from the road...." [LOL]

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 07:40 PM

Quote:
You can believe what you want sparky, it's a free country.
I know isn't that the beauty in the whole thing. Your a moron and in this free country I can call you that.
Quote:
Maybe if you spent more time in the ALR, you'd see that I excel at "Devil's Advocate".
Exactly the reason I do not spend much time in their other than to read your pathetic attempts to stir the pot in their only trying to illicit responses from others not smart enough to see through you.
Quote:
By the way, how was I acting like an ass? I suppose none of my possible scenario's couldn't have happened in this case?
I never said you were an ass just a jerk, but let me restate you were just being yourself. Be it an ass or a jerk or whatever I do not know as I have never met you. Maybe some of your scenario's could have been possible but you seemed to shun all of Carlton's without as much as a second glance. Maybe one of Carlton's scenario's was the true event. Or maybe like the original story goes the guy was just an ass tailgating and hence got what he deserved.

Carlton should not have to risk his own safety to ensure the safety of another idiot driver. He has clearly stated it was dangerous for him to do anything other than to continue upon his original route, driving the speed limit, and maintaining the proper distance with the vehicle in front of him. Really then end of the story.

No need to respond I am through with you now.
Posted by: bn300

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 08:48 PM

Yeah, what Ken said. I was under the impression that you actually 'jumped' the log. I summize that you actually straddled it and the BMW hit it head on.
Good work. Serves the loser right.
Hey! Can I get in on this Midwest GOX thing? I do bring a certain degree of credentials to the party.
[Freak]
(0)IIIIIII(0)

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 09:06 PM

Carlton,
How did you keep driving without laughing your ass off? I get tailgated all the time.

Quote:
Originally posted by bn300:
Yeah, what Ken said. I was under the impression that you actually 'jumped' the log. I summize that you actually straddled it and the BMW hit it head on.
Good work. Serves the loser right.
Hey! Can I get in on this Midwest GOX thing? I do bring a certain degree of credentials to the party.
[Freak]
(0)IIIIIII(0)
BN300
Yes, everyone is invited. Look in Midwest Fourm and you can bring your credentials!!
Dan
Posted by: johnnyx

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 09:48 PM

Thought I'd add my story which I mentioned in an AZXC thread from yesterday or day before. Almost the same, but without the log. Heh heh - you said "log". [LOL]

Quote:

johnnyx wrote:
It's dumping pretty hard at my place right now too. Some nice giant puddles on the road too. Went to get some diapers a few min ago and this guy was tailgating me on a 30mph road. I don't think he saw the massive puddle coming up so I didn't slow down and he backed off after I blew through it and sent him some complimentary H2O. laugh [LOL] [Wave]
Lastly, logman got what he deserved. [Wave]

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 10:05 PM

Hey Carlton! We have plenty of limbs on the road for tailgators!

BTW everyone, I loved the new logo so much that I've posted it above my classroom door...

---I brake for tailgators!
Posted by: Big Daddy Chia

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 14/11/03 11:03 PM

And just remember people when he claims it on his insurance it will be covered under the title Act of God.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 15/11/03 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Hartwig:

Exactly the reason I do not spend much time in their other than to read your pathetic attempts to stir the pot in their only trying to illicit responses from others not smart enough to see through you.
Sounds like you and DocNo fell for it hook, line, and sinker. In fact DocNo get's so fired up over this he infers that people like me can't accept responsibility, and that others are talking about me in the "Supporting Members" section. I care because...?

All I can say is this scenario could have ended must worse than it did, and you people know it. The driver's response could have been a lot different, someone could have got hurt, there even could have been kids in that BMW. To me exhorting revenge on a tailgater by slamming on the brakes or letting them drive over a log in the road is just not worth it. Do you really think this driver learned a lesson in all this? I don't think so.

Could have that BMW driver just been a jerk, sure he could have, but when I encounter people like this, I just let them pass. I highly doubt a road with a 40 mph speed limit is so thin a driver can't pull over at least enough to let someone pass safely. That's my read on this story, if others think it's moronic, or it pisses people off, so be it.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 15/11/03 07:11 AM

Carlton, I can see no downside at all to your actions.

1) The claim that he might have had a legitimate reason to tailgate because he was in an emergency:

First, only an idiot would race down the road in an emergency without turning on his emergency flashers.

Second, It takes LONGER to pass from a tailgating position than from following at the proper distance; when tailgating, you cannot accelerate until you are fully in the other lane. If following at a proper distance, you can start accelerating before moving out into the other lane, and therefore spend less time there.

2) The guy just doesn't know how to drive properly, and did not understand the hazard he was placing himself in.

You have now explained it to him in a manner he is not too likely to forget.

3) The claim that you should have taken some action to ensure the safety of someone that was driving dangerously.

You did. You stopped him an a manner that did not hurt him, and removed him from the road before he hurt himself and possibly lots of other people as well.

4) The claim that you have caused all of our insurance rates to go up.

For a tailgater, high-centering out on a log is just about the least damaging accident he could have had. If the log had been a 24" instead of 8", and the other lane had traffic - what shape would he be in after the little BMW slid under the rear of your hard braking X?

Shoot, Carlton - you are a HERO! You probably saved this jerk's life.

How often can anyone perform such a heroic act, and have so much fun doing it??

Terry
Posted by: BurgPath

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 15/11/03 08:05 AM

Quote:
Quote:

[b]First.. there was no place for me to go even IF that was where he was going (and if he was he was going the wrong way..) And why should I endanger myself by going off a paved road into a wet soft shoulder (with a steep incline) for some inconsiderate driver that likes to ride on peoples asses? I bet money that he drives like that all the time. At least did. [Crybaby]

Quote:
No, that was a lame excuse for your sophmoric actions. What if this guy swung left to miss that log, then went head-on into the on-coming traffic? Would that have made you feel good? Besides, if I had to drive a member of my family to the hospital in a hurry, I wouldn't be worring about the speed limit, or a courtesy flash.[/b]
You cant really be THAT stupid can you?!
Posted by: BurgPath

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 15/11/03 08:06 AM

Quote:
Quote:

[b]"Oh, oh, but he could have pulled off to the side of the road!"

Did you skip your anger managment class last week? I know why you wouldn't have pulled over for this guy, you would have got stuck.

[Finger] [/b]
Yeah, I guess you are...... [Finger]

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 15/11/03 09:26 AM

Quote:
In fact DocNo get's so fired up over this he infers that people like me can't accept responsibility
You past history doesn't leave much room for inferance...

Quote:
and that others are talking about me in the "Supporting Members" section.
Talk about falling for it...

Quote:
All I can say is this scenario could have ended must worse than it did, and you people know it.
Yup, the idiot could have rear ended a minivan full of kids later on down the road pushing them into an oncoming semi-truck, causing a chain of events that eventually wiped out the entire midwest

You can what-if and twist things around all you want, but it still doesn't change the FACTS:

(1) idiot following to closely

(2) obsticle in the road that vehicle in front easily clears is not avoided by idiot following to close becuase (drumroll) he's following too close

That's it! If the driver in the BMW would have been concerned about any of the bogus scenario's you have been trying to use to justify your warped stance, then he/she should have used common sense and backed off - this wouldn't have happened.

That's all there is to this. That's why everyone is getting pissed at you - it's pretty simple, really - the fact that you can't see things for what they are is what frustrates people that do have common sense.

Me, I just had way to much time on my hands last night, and obviously this morning too. Enough of this, time to get some chores done...

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 15/11/03 09:42 AM

You idiots think this is funnie? for yuor information i think i was in the bmw in question mad . nobody laughing now huh? my friend sent me the link to this gay board. we were on the way across memphis wenesday following a jacked up goofy looking whit X-terra that was gowing waay slow so we pull up a little closer. this idiot got even slower. next thing wee knew we hit something in the rode. well thanks to this spazztic, jim's beemer is gettin a new spoiler and radeator suport and you people think its funny thet this happned?? how would you like it if it hapened to your x-terrra's ?? i doubt you'd dig it much so how about quitting laughing about it huh? mad [Save the fine unicorns] what a bunch of goobers. mad
i'm beginning to think we should hav called the law. mr. carlton wouldn't think it wus soo funny if the police showd up chargin him wit leeving the sene of an acident would he?? he'd be crying in jail geting it in the backside. [Rainbow]
now sit down and be quite
Posted by: J9'sXterra

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 15/11/03 09:49 AM

Maybe people should take a spelling test before being allowed to drive BMW's.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 15/11/03 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by classy man:
You idiots think this is funnie? for yuor information i think i was in the bmw in question mad . nobody laughing now huh?
Sure we are.. we're laughing even harder now! [Laughing] [LOL] laugh [Wave]
Posted by: xterrabull

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 15/11/03 10:01 AM

Quote:
You idiots think this is funnie? for yuor information i think i was in the bmw in question mad . nobody laughing now huh? my friend sent me the link to this gay board. we were on the way across memphis wenesday following a jacked up goofy looking whit X-terra that was gowing waay slow so we pull up a little closer. this idiot got even slower. next thing wee knew we hit something in the rode. well thanks to this spazztic, jim's beemer is gettin a new spoiler and radeator suport and you people think its funny thet this happned?? how would you like it if it hapened to your x-terrra's ?? i doubt you'd dig it much so how about quitting laughing about it huh? mad [Save the fine unicorns] what a bunch of goobers. mad
i'm beginning to think we should hav called the law. mr. carlton wouldn't think it wus soo funny if the police showd up chargin him wit leeving the sene of an acident would he?? he'd be crying in jail geting it in the backside. [Rainbow]
You thinke just bekaws ya kin't speel riht, we all goine ta baleive yur frum tennsee?
(all apologies to those in Tennessee who completed grade school & can spell)
If you are who you say, please admit you & your buddy are idiots & have at least learned a valuable lesson about tailgating...and then please move along.
Posted by: Deer hunter

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 15/11/03 10:24 AM

XTERRA RULES!
And yes I think it is funny
[LOL] [Finger] [LOL]

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 15/11/03 10:50 AM

Carlton,

I found this on the BMW Forum from the guy who ran over the log. He specifically referred to an incident involving a white Xterra. He sounded pissed:

click here for a picture of the BMW involved in the accident

-dp [LOL]

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 15/11/03 12:13 PM

Quote:
[LOL] Fucking Moron!
Posted by: XtremeFlyer

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 15/11/03 12:18 PM

Quote:
Carlton,

I found this on the BMW Forum from the guy who ran over the log. He specifically referred to an incident involving a white Xterra. He sounded pissed:

click here for a picture of the BMW involved in the accident

-dp [LOL]
Where is this BMW Forum? The picture you have is from a crash in Germany from 2001..
Posted by: johnnyx

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 15/11/03 12:42 PM

You guys really don't believe this fool, do you?

What are the chances of him:
A) thinking that the Xterra "caused" the accident?
B) searching out an Xterra board and finding this thread?

Yeah, I thought so.

And if it is really him/her/whatever, you got what you deserved. Drive "blind"...hit stuff. [Wave]

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 15/11/03 12:49 PM

Carlton was in no way at fault and would NOT be charged with leaving the scene. In order for him to be charged with leaving the scene or hit and run he would have to be INVOLVED in the accident, which he obviousy was not. If anything... and I am speaking from personal experience, as a cop.

If both parties had stopped and I rolled up. I would get both stories and any witnesses. Once figuring out the BMW was following to close I would let Carlton be on his way and write 2 tickets for the BMW. Following to close, and speeding for road conditions.

Carlton did nothing wrong. If the BMW was too close to react in time then he was obviously following to close to Carlton for the current conditions. REGARDLESS. Just because Carlton made a decision to negotiate the obstacle differently than a BMW does not in any way shape or form put him at fault.

I applaud you Carlton for doing the speed limit. I could drive down the road right now and 9 out of 10 vehicles are over the limit. As for the BMW... if you have the money to own one in the first place then you have the money to fix it. Be thankful you didn't hurt anyone or get and violations.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 15/11/03 12:54 PM

XtremeFlyer, it was a goof. I'm not a doctor, but I would say that half the people who responded to this thread need some Valium. I took some this weekend and it worked wonders.

In the words of Rodney King..."Can't We All Just Get Along?"

-dp [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [Smoking]
Posted by: xterrabull

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 15/11/03 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by johnnyx:
You guys really don't believe this fool, do you?

What are the chances of him:
A) thinking that the Xterra "caused" the accident?
B) searching out an Xterra board and finding this thread?

Yeah, I thought so.

And if it is really him/her/whatever, you got what you deserved. Drive "blind"...hit stuff. [Wave]
Maybe he found this site through the Nissan commercial. laugh
(Would that be, err, ironic?)
Posted by: OnlyOneDR

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 15/11/03 01:21 PM

I've kept following this thread since I posted and have gotten so many good laughs out of it that I do believe it's the funniest thing I have ever read on XOC!

Thanks to Calton for starting it all!

Do people take everything on here seriously?

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 15/11/03 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by OnlyOneDR:

I've kept following this thread since I posted and have gotten so many good laughs out of it that I do believe it's the funniest thing I have ever read on XOC!

Thanks to Calton for starting it all!

Do people take everything on here seriously?
Unfortunately for most on this board, yes. The funniest part was how pissed off people were getting, then how it turned into a "Mob Rule" kiss Carlton's ass party.

He got a driver in a BMW that was driving too close to his bumper to run over a log in the road. He later posts this adventure of his as to brag about his heroic and glorious victory for all to see, big fucking deal.

People here need to learn to not get so bent when someone expresses their opinion, afterall this is a message board isn't it?. I should hope not even Carlton would have thought 100% of the people reading this thread would have agreed with what happened.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 15/11/03 04:26 PM

I don't think anyone is kissing Carlton's ass here bud, it's just that most everyone that has come along wishes they could have been so lucky as to be able to do the same and witness such poetic justice being served.

The ONLY thing Carlton could have done better would been to remove the log, but I get the impression if he had tried to stop before he encountered it he would have ended up with a BMW under his rear bumper instead.

Brent
Posted by: Ericj12v

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 15/11/03 04:36 PM

i have not posted much, but i do read a lot. when i see these personal negative comments, i don't think they have much of a place here. i thought we might have a little more respect for each other seeing as we are all on the same team. but i must say, after reading nine pages of this thread...
sean, don't be a dick. let it go. [Save the fine unicorns]
save your crap for people who want to hear it.
Posted by: puffdc

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 15/11/03 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ericj12v:
sean, don't be a dick. let it go. [Save the fine unicorns]
save your crap for people who want to hear it.
i concur [Finger]
Posted by: Xtracurricular

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 15/11/03 05:31 PM

Man, what a great opportunity to get a new rear bumper and tire carrier from Calmini. Carlton, you either already have one, or have a lot of reserve. People make their own luck. He set himself up for failure, and then failed all on his own. This guy will hopefully learn from this and not do it again...yeah right!
Posted by: bn300

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 15/11/03 05:34 PM

I'm thinking Brent cut the tree down and put it on the road?
[Smoking]
Posted by: wmtrout

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 15/11/03 06:12 PM

Originally posted by Sean
Quote:
I should hope not even Carlton would have thought 100% of the people reading this thread would have agreed with what happened
Hell yes! Why not? There are way to many asshole drivers that will only learn by experierce like this.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 16/11/03 05:19 AM

Quote:
Alright, which one of you posted this? laugh Comon, its pretty damn funny with the mispelling and the "Classy Man" name. Own up! laugh Is that you Hosscat? wink

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 16/11/03 11:39 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately for most on this board, yes. The funniest part was how pissed off people were getting, then how it turned into a "Mob Rule" kiss Carlton's ass party.

He got a driver in a BMW that was driving too close to his bumper to run over a log in the road. He later posts this adventure of his as to brag about his heroic and glorious victory for all to see, big fucking deal.

People here need to learn to not get so bent when someone expresses their [b]opinion
, afterall this is a message board isn't it?. I should hope not even Carlton would have thought 100% of the people reading this thread would have agreed with what happened.[/b]
Seriously Sean, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the driver of that BMW? or related to that driver or something?

Why the hell do you act stupid like that all the time? Go over to one of the Bimmer boards and share your sour feelings with them if that makes you feel any better.

Oh yeah, I was following some guy too closely today while walking. He started walking down a fleet of stairs but since I was walking so closely behind I didn't see the steps. I tripped and fell. Thanks a lot to that idiot in front of me who didn't warn me ahead of time! Now everyone's medical insurance is going to go up because I broke my arm.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 16/11/03 03:04 PM

He should have stopped and let you pass since you were obviosly in a hurry and needed to pass. [Too much XOC]
Posted by: rrdstarr

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 16/11/03 03:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]You idiots think this is funnie? for yuor information i think i was in the bmw in question mad . nobody laughing now huh?
Sure we are.. we're laughing even harder now! [Laughing] [LOL] laugh [Wave] [/b]
Hehehehe! Hooked on Fonics werked fer me!

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 16/11/03 06:51 PM

Okay, everyone. I've read this whole thread and you all need a different viewpoint. So here's mine - albeit a philosophical one.

There is no such thing as luck. You make your own karma by the actions you choose. Every action has a reaction and every reaction is also an action to cause other reactions. To put it simply, only you can cause your own suffering and your own happiness. Nobody else can take either blame or credit for your life but you.

If this story is true, and I am not even going to try and answer that, the BMW driver caused his own suffering. Granted, maybe there was something Carlton could have done to gain merit on this by looking out for other drivers to come behind him, but it was (is) not necessary, if the conditions are not present for him to do so. And from the sounds of it, he wouldn't have had that opportunity in this case.

So, Carlton was in the right by making the choice he made at the time - i.e., to avoid putting himself in danger (by hitting the log or possibly running off the road to avoid it). The BMW driver on the other hand made a bad choice and suffered the consequences - just as the Law of Karma requires - immediate and proportionate retribution for his deeds. If you understand this simple law, you can sit back and watch it happen all the time and it can be very interesting to watch too.

End of story.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 17/11/03 07:01 AM

Quote:
If both parties had stopped and I rolled up. I would get both stories and any witnesses. Once figuring out the BMW was following to close I would let Carlton be on his way and write 2 tickets for the BMW. Following to close, and speeding for road conditions.

Carlton did nothing wrong. If the BMW was too close to react in time then he was obviously following to close to Carlton for the current conditions. REGARDLESS. Just because Carlton made a decision to negotiate the obstacle differently than a BMW does not in any way shape or form put him at fault.

I applaud you Carlton for doing the speed limit. I could drive down the road right now and 9 out of 10 vehicles are over the limit. As for the BMW... if you have the money to own one in the first place then you have the money to fix it. Be thankful you didn't hurt anyone or get and violations.
so what you'r saying is it doesn't matter that he was trying to cause the accident? have you not ever heard of a "intent to cause harm" statute? sounds like you're a typical wal mart rent-a-cop. how about geting to know your law huh? you think you're all that because you wear that badge. i know your type. when it comes down to it you put your britches on one leg at a time just like the rest of us.

and for you clowns laughing at my spelling i was just a little bit drunk the other day so what ?? is that some big deal?

i'm interestted in seeing what this "carlton" fellar has to say when i press charges on him. all the bravado and charisma will vanish in thin air i promise you that. [Crybaby]

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 17/11/03 07:22 AM

This thread has been beaten to death. Let it go my brothers... Final Word

-dp [Smoking]
Posted by: wordtothis

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 17/11/03 07:29 AM

oh, and it's stupid, it happened, get over it. sure if someone with maybe 4 posts had done this then maybe they would be labeled with giving xterra owners a bad name, but that's beside the point.
this thread is too big and this topic touches home for too many people, that's the reason it's gotten 10 pages of replies in a couple of days and it's the same reason that i think it should be dropped off in a field.
david [Geek]

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 17/11/03 08:15 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]If both parties had stopped and I rolled up. I would get both stories and any witnesses. Once figuring out the BMW was following to close I would let Carlton be on his way and write 2 tickets for the BMW. Following to close, and speeding for road conditions.

so what you'r saying is it doesn't matter that he was trying to cause the accident? have you not ever heard of a "intent to cause harm" statute? sounds like you're a typical wal mart rent-a-cop. how about geting to know your law huh? you think you're all that because you wear that badge. i know your type. when it comes down to it you put your britches on one leg at a time just like the rest of us.

and for you clowns laughing at my spelling i was just a little bit drunk the other day so what ?? is that some big deal?

i'm interestted in seeing what this "carlton" fellar has to say when i press charges on him. all the bravado and charisma will vanish in thin air i promise you that. [Crybaby] [/b]
Soooo, whats your excuse for your spelling this time? Ever hear of a shift key?

Go ahead and press charges on him. They will laugh. You are a moron. Face it, you or whoever was driving is an idiot. What are you going to do next, get up real close behind a salt truck and then blame them for the damage from the sprayer. Maybe you should stick your head in your Microwave, I am sure you could get a substantial settlement from whoever manufactered it. I am curious to see how loud the police laugh at you when you try to press charges. You'll be sure to post that won't you? Dumbass.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 17/11/03 08:25 AM

"classy" man, Suspect2 is a state trooper, dipshit.

I'm sure Carlton will be eagerly awaiting the summons that will never come.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 17/11/03 08:50 AM

Quote:

Go ahead and press charges on him. They will laugh. You are a moron. Face it, you or whoever was driving is an idiot. What are you going to do next, get up real close behind a salt truck and then blame them for the damage from the sprayer. Maybe you should stick your head in your Microwave, I am sure you could get a substantial settlement from whoever manufactered it. I am curious to see how loud the police laugh at you when you try to press charges. You'll be sure to post that won't you? Dumbass.[/QB]
Sooo what do we have here? thats what i thought. An internet big guy who kicks butt huh? i don't think so. more like a little boy with a bigg mouth trying to be manly to make up for his lack of manlyhood. you tell me the cops will laugh? my aunt sewed her farmer employer because she got her hair caught in a conveyer. she was awarded 150,000 bucks. thats not pocket change. the fact that she didn't have her hair net on did't have anything to do with it. she got her money.

please don't lecture me on law little feller. and by the way, i really don't think you want to go threatning violence. trust me.
[Crybaby]

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 17/11/03 08:54 AM

Quote:
Sooo what do we have here? thats what i thought. An internet big guy who kicks butt huh? i don't think so. more like a little boy with a bigg mouth trying to be manly to make up for his lack of manlyhood. you tell me the cops will laugh? my aunt sewed her farmer employer because she got her hair caught in a conveyer. she was awarded 150,000 bucks. thats not pocket change. the fact that she didn't have her hair net on did't have anything to do with it. she got her money.

please don't lecture me on law little feller. and by the way, i really don't think you want to go threatning violence. trust me.
[Crybaby]
Sooo what do we have here? thats what i thought. An idiot troll . . .

Posted by: wordtothis

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 17/11/03 08:58 AM

xoc is not the people's court, tell wapner and leave the forum, you don't drive an xterra and you don't even seem to think they're cool.
this thread has gotten out of hand, the very concept of threatening someone over the internet is so damn [Rainbow] that i don't know what's worse, the original situation which caused all this crap in the thread, or the fact that someone felt it needed to be bragged about

david [Geek]

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 17/11/03 08:58 AM

XOC Moderators, can you please tell us which member is hiding behind the "classless man" display name?

You log IP addresses, and should be able to find out.

Inquiring minds want to know. laugh

-dp [Laughing]
Posted by: IceChickenX

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 17/11/03 09:34 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by IceChickenX:

[b]Of all the things I have read on this board, this one takes the cake...

IceChickenX,

The cat is already out of the bag here, you can calm down now.

As for your blanket statement about liberals, you really need to get a life, really.

Yeah, I know the cat was out, just wanted to chase it some more...

Life already obtained, it wasn't a blanket statement about liberals...b/c not all are bad....it was a blanket statement about all who thought Carlton was wrong...just trying to stir the pot like everyone else...and have fun!!!!
Posted by: mil1982

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 17/11/03 09:43 AM

one of the mods should move this to ALR. This thread has just gotten way out of hand

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 17/11/03 09:59 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Go ahead and press charges on him. They will laugh. You are a moron. Face it, you or whoever was driving is an idiot. What are you going to do next, get up real close behind a salt truck and then blame them for the damage from the sprayer. Maybe you should stick your head in your Microwave, I am sure you could get a substantial settlement from whoever manufactered it. I am curious to see how loud the police laugh at you when you try to press charges. You'll be sure to post that won't you? Dumbass.

[Crybaby] [/QB]
Seems to me you are the only one threatening violence dipshit. What are you going to do, misspell me to death? Also sounds like your aunt didnt fall too far from the tree either. What did she sew, a nice patch on his arm. If she sued her employer and won all that money because she was a dipshit too, well then I guess the system needs to be changed. Maybe with that $150,000 she could buy you a sixth grade education. Why dont you go to McDonalds (if you dont already work there) and spill coffee on your lap, I hear thats an easy enough way to make money too. Do you want my address so you can threaten violence on me in person? :rolleyes:
Posted by: Mobycat

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 17/11/03 02:44 PM

Quote:
my aunt sewed her farmer employer
Man, that had to hurt. Did she use a Singer?

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 17/11/03 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RJ:
Seriously Sean, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the driver of that BMW? or related to that driver or something?

Why the hell do you act stupid like that all the time?
Sean is part of the "entitlement generation." He's of the opinion that he and people of his "ilk" are "owed" something because their parents are (for the most part) well to do yuppies from the boomer generation who over-provided and spoiled their kids to the point where they take no respnsibility for their actions and they don't understand what it means to EARN something for themselves.

I swear, if he strained his back loading groceries into his X he'd sue the Grocery chain because the sacker didn't distribute his groceries properly across the sacks. On a different day with the same load of groceries more evenly distributed, he'd sue because he got tired and strained himself lifting too many sacks.

I have no patience for idiots like him.
Posted by: BoneCrusher

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 17/11/03 03:34 PM

i wonder if classless man was drunk while he was driving his Reamer.....oops mispelled beemer you can excuse that though cant ya beemer boy. Oh and for the record if had been me you were tailgating i would have slammed my brakes and laughed as your 15,000 dollar LEASED beemer slid under my rear wheels. and another thing if your following somoene that close and you hit something in the road its YOUR fault noone elses. Carlton didt ask you to mouth his tailpipe. Carlton didnt ask you to stare in his reaerview and he didnt ask you to be so damn close. The fact that you were too close was what caused YOUR accident. noone else to blame but yourself. So go drown your sorrows in a bottle of jack daniels (if your man enough to dirnk a real drink) And cry in someone elses beer. American beer is too watered down anyway bleagh.

Oh and to anyone who doesnt respect my opinion thats fine. I got over the games along time ago
Goodnight gracey

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 17/11/03 03:58 PM

Quote:
What are you going to do, misspell me to death?
If I had been drinking anything I would have choked to death over that comment! [Spit]

Hey, maybe I could sue YOU for making me choke?

Classy whatever has got to be someone from the group having fun. No one, and I mean, no one can be this stupid.

And if there really is a CG, I live in SoCal, you can't miss my truck, come on out and ride my ass sometime and the log will be the last thing you need to worry about.
[Too much XOC]

I'm nowhere near as nice as some of these other fine people on the board and quite frankly can afford the damage to my truck just to screw with a little piss ant such as yourself.
Posted by: DKX01

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 17/11/03 04:56 PM

All "what if's?" aside, what happened is hilarious. I only wish I could have been witness to it. [LOL]

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 17/11/03 04:59 PM

So which XOC member is classy man mods. PLEASE!!!!!

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 17/11/03 06:54 PM

Did anyone ask Cletus the slack jawwed yokel if he knows the difference between Bmw's and porcupines?
The pricks on the outside of a porcupine .
Seriously Cletus, if you can't stop, smile as you go under.
[Finger] (wishing I wasn't smiling now..)
Posted by: roofgoat

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 17/11/03 07:18 PM

Why are jagoffs so common today? NO FEAR OF CONSEQUENCES OR RETRIBUTION?

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 17/11/03 07:37 PM

Take it easy, this "jagoff" doesn't understand "big" words like consequence, or retribution. Try shorter, more simplistic themes; like "whut hapens when yuz hits tha roadtree" and "whut the reazins fer not datin' yer sisterz iz" (I know, :rolleyes: it's a stretch)
This is ridiculous.
Let this shmuck wash away like the mud and dirt we (you know who you are laugh ) bought our X's to roll around in and have the fun we do.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 18/11/03 05:30 AM

Quote:

Sean is part of the "entitlement generation." He's of the opinion that he and people of his "ilk" are "owed" something because their parents are (for the most part) well to do yuppies from the boomer generation who over-provided and spoiled their kids to the point where they take no respnsibility for their actions and they don't understand what it means to EARN something for themselves.

I swear, if he strained his back loading groceries into his X he'd sue the Grocery chain because the sacker didn't distribute his groceries properly across the sacks. On a different day with the same load of groceries more evenly distributed, he'd sue because he got tired and strained himself lifting too many sacks.

I have no patience for idiots like him.
That is the poorest attempt to drag someone into an argument I've ever read. You pulled more things out of your ass there than a gay porn star.

As for being a yuppie, if I've attained more education, material objects, or wealth than yourself, it's because I've worked harder than you.

I have no patience for idiots like you.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 18/11/03 06:09 AM

Quote:
As for being a yuppie, if I've attained more education, material objects, or wealth than yourself, it's because I've worked harder than you.
Wow! That sounds like a conservative point of view. wink Have you come back to the good side, young Padawan? laugh

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 18/11/03 06:44 AM

Quote:

Wow! That sounds like a conservative point of view. wink Have you come back to the good side, young Padawan? laugh
Master to you. laugh

I've always been on the "good side", never left it. I have been, and always will be extremely independent about all matters of life. To be called a brainwashed member of the collective is the worse insult you could ever give me. I've never been afraid to go against the "norm", and will always look at both sides of the argument before I make a stand. My grandfather always said I would've made a good lawyer, oh well.

laugh

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 18/11/03 08:19 AM

Quote:
Quote:

[b]Wow! That sounds like a conservative point of view. wink Have you come back to the good side, young Padawan? laugh
Master to you. laugh

I've always been on the "good side", never left it. I have been, and always will be extremely independent about all matters of life. To be called a brainwashed member of the collective is the worse insult you could ever give me. I've never been afraid to go against the "norm", and will always look at both sides of the argument before I make a stand. My grandfather always said I would've made a good lawyer, oh well.

laugh [/b]
I, on the other hand, don't mind being lumped in with the collective, because I've looked at what conservatives stand for, and realised I didn't want any part of it.

I am, however, against abortion, so if that makes me a moderate liberal, then so be it. laugh

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 18/11/03 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:

I, on the other hand, don't mind being lumped in with the collective, because I've looked at what conservatives stand for, and realised I didn't want any part of it.
I consider the right-wing conservatives "The Collective".

One just has to look at history to see how the "Radicals" (i.e. independent thinkers) like Galileo for instance, were persecuted by this very same "Collective". That's OK though, Rush, O'Reilly, or even Pat Roberson can't stop evolution no matter how hard they try.

This poppy-cock about all liberals not accepting the concept of responsibility, or working hard in order to obtain something near and dear is pure bullshit. Anyone who believes this blanket statement is part of this "Collective".

laugh

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 18/11/03 09:05 AM

WOW!!! 12 Pages on this thread...

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 18/11/03 09:07 AM

Holy Jesus!! Is this debate STILL going on?!?!? I think that the Bimmer got what he deserved...Tailgaters Suck Ass!!! [Finger] End of story!

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 18/11/03 09:16 AM

Quote:
Quote:

[b]I, on the other hand, don't mind being lumped in with the collective, because I've looked at what conservatives stand for, and realised I didn't want any part of it.

One just has to look at history to see how the "Radicals" (i.e. independent thinkers) like Galileo for instance, were persecuted by this very same "Collective". That's OK though, Rush, O'Reilly, or even Pat Roberson can't stop evolution no matter how hard they try.

This poppy-cock about all liberals not accepting the concept of responsibility, or working hard in order to obtain something near and dear is pure bullshit. Anyone who believes this blanket statement is part of this "Collective".

laugh [/b]
ok...I'm NOT a part of the collective now...whew... laugh
Posted by: DGX Factor

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 18/11/03 09:21 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]If both parties had stopped and I rolled up. I would get both stories and any witnesses. Once figuring out the BMW was following to close I would let Carlton be on his way and write 2 tickets for the BMW. Following to close, and speeding for road conditions.

i'm interestted in seeing what this "carlton" fellar has to say when i press charges on him. all the bravado and charisma will vanish in thin air i promise you that. [Crybaby] [/b]
Carlton will say the same things we are saying if you tell him that, so STFU troll. How do you plan to get a good story lined up on that one, since it seems you don't even have respect for the law in the first place. Like Suspect2 probably, I would have to laugh at you there Classy-fag.......
Posted by: Firebraun

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 18/11/03 11:50 AM

I think Carlton is Classy Guy, and he did it to see how many pages he could get this up to! laugh
Posted by: 2001frontier

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 18/11/03 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Firebraun:
I think Carlton is Classy Guy, and he did it to see how many pages he could get this up to! laugh
Ah, I think this is a pretty good explanation, and highly likely. laugh

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 18/11/03 12:32 PM

nope

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 18/11/03 03:38 PM

Ok. Long time reader, first time poster, here.

But this thread is just too good to NOT respond to.

There were a lot of "what ifs" thrown around early on in the post, so my first answer starts from the question, "what if an ass-clown responded to the original post by saying the Bimmer was not at fault for hitting the log in the road"...

But I already got an answer to that "what if" by reading more posts...

Anyways, just thought I'd throw out another "what if" that hasn't been discussed. What if the Xterra did swerve around the log? Odds are, the original ass-clown in the bimmer still would not have had time to swerve and miss the log CAUSE HE WAS FREAKING TAILGATING!!! So then what happens to the bimmer? Instead of breaking some plastic body parts and grounding himself, his bimmer now hits the log off-center of his car. Well, there's not too much important stuff over there. Just some more plastic...and suspension/steering components. Oops, there went a tie-rod. Oops there goes the bimmer careening out of the lane and off to who knows where...

So basically my point is, F the bimmer that was tailgating. If he was far enough back to see in front of him, he wouldn't have hit anything. There's too many "What If" situations that did NOT happen, so why even talk about them. That driver should just take some freaking responsibility for his own dumbass actions.

And now let the flaming on the new guy begin. All liberal junkies feel free, 'cause the last time I voted Democrate was...umm...hold on, still thinking. Oh yeah, that's right. There hasn't been a single democrat worth voting for in my lifetime, so I guess I haven't voted for one.
Posted by: rrdstarr

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 19/11/03 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Ok. Long time reader, first time poster, here.

But this thread is just too good to NOT respond to.

There were a lot of "what ifs" thrown around early on in the post, so my first answer starts from the question, "what if an ass-clown responded to the original post by saying the Bimmer was not at fault for hitting the log in the road"...

But I already got an answer to that "what if" by reading more posts...

Anyways, just thought I'd throw out another "what if" that hasn't been discussed. What if the Xterra did swerve around the log? Odds are, the original ass-clown in the bimmer still would not have had time to swerve and miss the log CAUSE HE WAS FREAKING TAILGATING!!! So then what happens to the bimmer? Instead of breaking some plastic body parts and grounding himself, his bimmer now hits the log off-center of his car. Well, there's not too much important stuff over there. Just some more plastic...and suspension/steering components. Oops, there went a tie-rod. Oops there goes the bimmer careening out of the lane and off to who knows where...

So basically my point is, F the bimmer that was tailgating. If he was far enough back to see in front of him, he wouldn't have hit anything. There's too many "What If" situations that did NOT happen, so why even talk about them. That driver should just take some freaking responsibility for his own dumbass actions.

And now let the flaming on the new guy begin. All liberal junkies feel free, 'cause the last time I voted Democrate was...umm...hold on, still thinking. Oh yeah, that's right. There hasn't been a single democrat worth voting for in my lifetime, so I guess I haven't voted for one.
Good first post!
No one can flame you for what you said! You have to be responsible for your own actions, plain and simple! Tailgate and you'll pay for it!

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 19/11/03 06:31 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:

[b]I, on the other hand, don't mind being lumped in with the collective, because I've looked at what conservatives stand for, and realised I didn't want any part of it.

laugh [/b]
ok...I'm NOT a part of the collective now...whew... laugh [/b]
Are you really that stupid to believe the liberals accept responsiblity? Lets look at Clinton, lets look at Carter, lets look at welfare, lets look at abortion, lets look at all the newly-found mind disorders, lets look at healthcare, etc.... There is not one liberal who accepts responsiblity. Not one. There is not one liberal who values working hard, no matter what the reason. Your party's platofrm is built around doing everything for everyone. Where is the responsibility? Where is the accountability? You people make me sick.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 19/11/03 06:45 AM

While I agree with you in principle to a certain extent about the mindset of liberals, those blanket statements are ridiculous.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 19/11/03 07:26 AM

Oh, OK, there might be a few liberals out there, but not many.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 19/11/03 07:34 AM

I hate all people who make generalizations about people wink
Posted by: Ruger1022

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 19/11/03 07:56 AM

Welcome Porsche996! Kaiser442... that was good... lost on too many people, but good...
MV

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 19/11/03 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
Are you really that stupid to believe the liberals accept responsiblity? Lets look at Clinton, lets look at Carter, lets look at welfare, lets look at abortion, lets look at all the newly-found mind disorders, lets look at healthcare, etc.... There is not one liberal who accepts responsiblity. Not one. There is not one liberal who values working hard, no matter what the reason. Your party's platofrm is built around doing everything for everyone. Where is the responsibility? Where is the accountability? You people make me sick.
You are right. There are some in my party that DO feel that way, just as there are those in your party that favor taking everything for themselves. There are extremests on both sides. But to make the blanket statements you do is just ridiculous.

For instance. I'm not in favor of abortion as birth control. I've said on more than on occasion that I'm against abortion except in cases of rape, incest, and the life of the mother.

I value working hard. But I also know the pain of being unemployed and needing assistance from the government to survive. I was unemployed for a year, and in that time I went out and found work along with getting some assistance from my parents. I never went to the government, but it would have been a last resort had I not found my current job. So I can identify with those that need help and are on disability or on welfare. When conservatives make blanket statements such as the ones you made, it makes me furious, because I've been there, and know what it's like. We're not all lazy. We're not all loafers. But you make the assumption that everyone on welfare are lazy and refuse to work. There are some that are, granted, but many people on welfare just need some help for a small amount of time.

In regards to your statements on "mental disorders," they do exist. They're not an excuse, but I have seen criminals with mental disorders get the help they need in jail. I had two friends that were violently bi-polar in high school. One was in a gang, and one was an orphan that lived with my best friend. Both of them were locked up for a time, and both of them recieved the help they needed. The gang member is now managing several restaurants in Wichita, and the other is a musician in LA. Without studying and figuring out what is wrong with people with these diseases, by just throwing them in jail and forgetting about them as you would like to do, they would not be the upstanding members of society that they are today!

Your blanket statements are ridiculous, and I think you are just wanting to start an argument.

Not starting an argument here...just personalizing your comments.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 19/11/03 09:07 AM

What I meant by mental disorders were the ones you hear about so much on TV today. Prozac is killing our children. Boys will be boys. If they wrestle with each other or push each other around in the hall ways, it is being boys. We must attempt to prove who is the Alpha. We don't need to drug them so they act like little girls at tea parties. With every new complaint, comes some new mental disorder originating from some liberal minded drug company and excuses from the ACLU.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 19/11/03 09:27 AM

Quote:
What I meant by mental disorders were the ones you hear about so much on TV today. Prozac is killing our children. Boys will be boys. If they wrestle with each other or push each other around in the hall ways, it is being boys. We must attempt to prove who is the Alpha. We don't need to drug them so they act like little girls at tea parties. With every new complaint, comes some new mental disorder originating from some liberal minded drug company and excuses from the ACLU.
I'll agree with you that kids are overmedicated today. I think a lot of it is parents who just don't want to discipline their kids. I wouldn't blame the ACLU (although I feel they give liberals a bad name...now THESE are true liberal wacknuts...NAMBLA my ass...) but I do agree with you that kids are kids, and are going to sometimes not pay attention, are going to be fussy, and are going to fight. They're kids! Parents need to learn discipline again. Time out is BS. Sometimes to get their attention, a kid needs a good smack on the butt.

But that's not the ACLU's fault, as wacky as they may be.

And while I'll agree with you that the drug companies are partly to blame, I think you have to also blame the doctors that are in bed with the drug companies. If the doctors wouldn't write the perscriptions, then the kids wouldn't be overmedicated.

It comes down to doctors who are in it for the money, and not the patient. If there were more doctors that truly cared about people and not the paybacks from each perscription that they write, then America would be a lot healthier and less drug dependant.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 19/11/03 09:35 AM

Quote:

We must attempt to prove who is the Alpha? What kind of bullshit is that? I don't know about you but I want my tax dollars going towards educating my child, not defining a pecking order amongst kids with learning disorders. If your son was constantly being beat up by another child in the class that was twice his size, what would you do? Show him how to defend himself? If so, you watch too many movies because in the real world the bullies have friends (its called a gang) just waiting for you at the end of the day.

If you ask me, this is one of the main problems at public schools, dealing with the few who just don't what to learn or even be there in the first place, all they want to do is disrupt the class. I always thought the main purpose of school was to learn, not to be part of a family of baboons.

In my town, most the asshole jocks and "tough guys" became land scapers or town workers, and now work for a lot of the very same kids they used to pick on in school.

[LOL]
Posted by: bennet

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 19/11/03 09:39 AM

I saw a commercial the other day about Adult ADD. Well maybe it was just a day ago. No, it was like two days. It was late at night after I woke up because I couldn't sleep. Things have been stressful lately and I'm not sleeping well. Anyway, that night after I woke up because I couldn't sleep there was a show on late called The 5th Wheel. It was after David Letterman, and I think he had Britney Spears on that night. She was hyper. Anyway, the 5th Wheel is a dating show where they hook up two couples who swap, and then they throw a fifth person in the mix. The fifth person that night was a lady who had no personality and no sense of humor. She didn't get picked. But they make out pretty hot and heavy on that show. Anyway, I think it was during that show where I saw the ad for Adult ADD. That was what they called it, and they were pushing some drug for it. That is the first time I heard of it.

I think I have it. I think I need that drug to help me.
Posted by: bennet

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 19/11/03 09:50 AM

Quote:
Quote:

[b]What I meant by mental disorders were the ones you hear about so much on TV today. Prozac is killing our children. Boys will be boys. If they wrestle with each other or push each other around in the hall ways, it is being boys. We must attempt to prove who is the Alpha. We don't need to drug them so they act like little girls at tea parties. With every new complaint, comes some new mental disorder originating from some liberal minded drug company and excuses from the ACLU.
We must attempt to prove who is the Alpha? What kind of bullshit is that? I don't know about you but I want my tax dollars going towards educating my child, not defining a pecking order amongst kids with learning disorders. If your son was constantly being beat up by another child in the class that was twice his size, what would you do? Show him how to defend himself? If so, you watch too many movies because in the real world the bullies have friends (its called a gang) just waiting for you at the end of the day.

If you ask me, this is one of the main problems at public schools, dealing with the few who just don't what to learn or even be there in the first place, all they want to do is disrupt the class. I always thought the main purpose of school was to learn, not to be part of a family of baboons.

In my town, most the asshole jocks and "tough guys" became land scapers or town workers, and now work for a lot of the very same kids they used to pick on in school.

[LOL] [/b]
Dude, I think he was saying that "we" ("we" being a group of adolescents trying to establish the social relationships with each other) need to define the alphas (that is, the boys need to interact a certain way to define themselves or others as alpha).

Not "we" as parents and school administrators need to develop programs to establish the level of alpha in each kid.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 19/11/03 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bennet:

Dude, I think he was saying that "we" ("we" being a group of adolescents trying to establish the social relationships with each other) need to define the alphas (that is, the boys need to interact a certain way to define themselves or others as alpha).

Not "we" as parents and school administrators need to develop programs to establish the level of alpha in each kid.
That's exactly the way I took it. Kids are kids, not animals. School should be a place of learning and not like an episode of "Boston Public".

I'd have no problem though having Jeri Ryan as my teacher:

laugh

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 19/11/03 10:39 AM

Didn't she sleep with her student on "BP"?

If I was her student, man....whoa...

Sorry, I went to my happy place. smile

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 19/11/03 11:20 AM

No he was one of the teachers.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 19/11/03 11:21 AM

Quote:
Quote:

[b]What I meant by mental disorders were the ones you hear about so much on TV today. Prozac is killing our children. Boys will be boys. If they wrestle with each other or push each other around in the hall ways, it is being boys. We must attempt to prove who is the Alpha. We don't need to drug them so they act like little girls at tea parties. With every new complaint, comes some new mental disorder originating from some liberal minded drug company and excuses from the ACLU.

[LOL] [/b]
Totally off what I was getting at. But, your point is correct.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 19/11/03 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
No he was one of the teachers.
Damn...thanks for ruining the fantasy...

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 19/11/03 01:59 PM

The other teacher slept with one of her past students.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 19/11/03 05:32 PM

Quote:
With every new complaint, comes some new mental disorder originating from some liberal minded drug company and excuses from the ACLU.
Funny thing... Eli Lilly is the maker of Prozac. I grew up in Indiana, 50 miles from their headquarters. I have friends who currently work for them in Indy. If you think Lilly is a liberal minded drug company, you've been taking too much stuff from Glaxo.

It has NOTHING to do with liberal/conservative. It's called $$$$.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 19/11/03 06:50 PM

Nothing to add, just wanted to push it to 200. [Wave]

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 19/11/03 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BigYella:
Nothing to add, just wanted to push it to 200. [Wave]
Aww...too bad you were 199. laugh
Posted by: Kerensky97

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 19/11/03 06:57 PM

I just read the first and last pages of this thread and it's amazing how off topic it is. laugh

It starts out making fun of a tailgater that got burned and ends up a Right/Left fight about pills and school.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 20/11/03 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kerensky97:
I just read the first and last pages of this thread and it's amazing how off topic it is. laugh

It starts out making fun of a tailgater that got burned and ends up a Right/Left fight about pills and school.
"Do you see me jumpin all willynilly from tree to tree?!" [LOL]

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 20/11/03 05:24 AM

I didn't mean liberal in their politics, but in there thinking. These drug companies and the such are certainly in it for the money, but they created their drugs from the liberal minded side of the house. As a general rule, liberals do not take responsiblity as discussed in another thread. That is why they come up with diseases like ADT. Sure, some kids are more hyper than others, but it isn't a disease. They don't need medicated. This is not a conservative mind planning all this out. They are shifting blame to some fictitious disease.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 20/11/03 05:44 AM

I know you guys are going to say I am nuts, but most ADD like disorders are rooted in diet and food allergies.

You give a kid too much sugar, they are going to get hyper. There is also (I kid you not) allergies to red dye that make kids hyper, unable to concentrate. My wife is allergic to red dye. My bosses children are all allergic to it.

I even know a kid that is allergic to apples. I feel many Dr.s are irresponsible prescribing Ritalin, Prozac, Buspar, etc for over active children when they should be analyzing a child diet. What a kid eats affects them in many ways. There is red die in so much of the junk we feed our kids today. From hot dogs, to condiments, and all the ready-made, microwavable crap that they all eat because they are "on-the-go." Its also in many medicines from Day-Quil, Ny-Quil, Tussin, etc etc.

I am not nessesarily saying its all red dye, but everyone needs to analyze and give more creedence to a child's diet, and look into changing that first. You are what you eat is a truism that many seem to overlook anymore. Flame away.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 20/11/03 06:11 AM

Personally, I think it's Yellow Dye #5. Damn Twinkies.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 20/11/03 06:30 AM

Quote:

I didn't mean liberal in their politics, but in there thinking. These drug companies and the such are certainly in it for the money, but they created their drugs from the liberal minded side of the house. As a general rule, liberals do not take responsiblity as discussed in another thread. That is why they come up with diseases like ADT. Sure, some kids are more hyper than others, but it isn't a disease. They don't need medicated. This is not a conservative mind planning all this out. They are shifting blame to some fictitious disease.
Becareful, your stupidity is starting to show again. First off ADD/ADHD is a DISORDER:

dis·or·der ( P ) n.

An ailment that affects the function of mind or body: eating disorders and substance abuse.

Not a disease:

dis·ease ( P ) n.

A pathological condition of a part, organ, or system of an organism resulting from various causes, such as infection, genetic defect, or environmental stress, and characterized by an identifiable group of signs or symptoms.

Second, as usual you have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to a subject based on science. But then again, living in the "Stone Age" is a common trait when it comes to the right-wing. I suggest you actually LEARN a little something about a subject before you start bad-mouthing it, perhaps this will help:

http://www.adultadd.com/index.jsp
Posted by: NY Madman

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 20/11/03 07:55 AM

Quote:

Ritalin, Prozac, Buspar, etc for over active children when they should be analyzing a child diet.
It's alright to dope up kids. Sedate them. Load them up with pills. It's easier than actually being a good parent. Why should people have to be responsible for these inconveniences who are byproducts of sex? They should be lucky they weren't aborted.

It's only wrong when conservative talk show hosts take drugs. Then they should go to jail.

Come on Flyer... get with the liberal program here.. [Uh Oh !]

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 20/11/03 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
It's alright to dope up kids. Sedate them. Load them up with pills. It's easier than actually being a good parent. Why should people have to be responsible for these inconveniences who are byproducts of sex? They should be lucky they weren't aborted.

It's only wrong when conservative talk show hosts take drugs. Then they should go to jail.

So, you're equating illegal drug use with overmedicating children via perscription? You're ranting again. Get a grip.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 20/11/03 08:20 AM

Quote:

So, you're equating illegal drug use with overmedicating children via perscription? You're ranting again. Get a grip.
You read a lot of crap into things don't you?

I was being facetious.

My point was most liberals seem to have no problem doping up their kids. A very high percentage of young boys in this country are sedated on all kinds of medication because parents and teachers are too lazy to actually deal with them. The same liberals who give their kids tons of drugs complain when an adult like Rush takes drugs to kill pain.

Get it now? It doesn't matter. I feel a China rant coming on. We'll have to continue this in the other thread.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 20/11/03 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:

You mean illegally obtained prescription drugs, right? Damn straight Rush should go to jail if he's convicted. He too should practice what he has preached.

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 20/11/03 08:29 AM

Quote:

You mean illegally obtained prescription drugs, right? Damn straight Rush should go to jail if he's convicted. He too should practice what he has preached.
How about if Rush said he needed the pills so his secretary could give him BJ's.... then asked everyone to define "is". Would you be willing to give him a pass so quickly?

Besides... Rush isn't going to jail. The DA in Florida said he had no evidence to convict so it's done. The money laundering story was bullshit muckraking. Rush is in the clear. He got the drugs with prescriptions and last time I checked, that's legal.

You really don't want to start a list of all the Democrats who do drugs do you? What about all the drug addicts Clinton had in the White House? We could go on all day.

And I want to rant about China in the other thread.. [LOL]
Posted by: XterrAZ

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 20/11/03 08:48 AM

Quote:
I am on this narrow two lane road...He hits it dead on... Now cars are going around him because he is stuck..

What a wonderful day it is... [Laughing]
Drive stupid, pay the price. Thanks for sharing that story Carlton. Good thing they weren't hurt and hopefully the driver will learn a lesson in driving from it.

Now, for the rest of you "turn every thread into something political" fuckers....KNOCK IT OFF! Quit hijacking threads for your personal arguements, it's really annoying.

I've opened another thread in the ALR so you can all have at it. Go here
Posted by: DKX01

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 20/11/03 11:57 AM

No doubt! Last time I checked, this post was about tailgating...when the heck did it turn into a political debate, then to a discussion about prescription drugs?

Oh wait, we didn't argue about abortion yet...there's another 10 or 12 pages of posts we could add :rolleyes:

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 20/11/03 12:58 PM

Abortion rules! [Finger]

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 04/12/03 07:34 PM

Quote:
No doubt! Last time I checked, this post was about tailgating...when the heck did it turn into a political debate, then to a discussion about prescription drugs?
Has anyone noticed that NYMadman's post numbers grows the fastest here? The last time I took notice of that guy he had 1000 or so, now he's added 800 more of his political crap. I wonder how many of those 2000 posts are actually about the Xterra.

So Madman, go and find a politics board and practice your typing skills there. mad

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 05/12/03 04:15 AM

Hey RJ [Save the fine unicorns] laugh

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 05/12/03 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RJ:
Has anyone noticed that NYMadman's post numbers grows the fastest here? The last time I took notice of that guy he had 1000 or so, now he's added 800 more of his political crap. I wonder how many of those 2000 posts are actually about the Xterra.
I'd say 4 or 5, tops.

. . . or about 3 less than me. laugh
Posted by: Smith

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 05/12/03 09:03 AM

My pet sea turtle laid eggs today. smile

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 05/12/03 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Smith:
Really? That mustve been kinda cool. How long before they hatch, and how many will hatch? Will you be overrun with sea turtles? Or will you let the seagulls eat most of them as they leave the beach?

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 05/12/03 10:11 AM

I saw a couple of red-eared sliders gettin' it on in the tank at the pet store the other day. That or they were practicing for a Yertle The Turtle-like turtle stacking... wink

I like frosted flakes (isn't that the cliche` here?)
Posted by: Andre the Giant

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 05/12/03 12:53 PM

Quote:
I'll bet a sea turtle would fuck up the front end of a bimmer pretty well. Just like a log would.

Serves the tailgating bastard right.

I
Love
Cornflakes
[Finger]

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 05/12/03 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Andre the Giant:
Quote:
[b]My pet sea turtle laid eggs today. smile
I'll bet a sea turtle would fuck up the front end of a bimmer pretty well. Just like a log would.

I
Love
Cornflakes
[Finger] [/b]
This thread needs a snake . . .

Sssssssssssssnake!!
Posted by: Trihead

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 05/12/03 01:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]My pet sea turtle laid eggs today. smile

I
Love
Cornflakes
[Finger] [/b]

Sssssssssssssnake!![/b]
Hell Yeah I have been waiting for the snake thread for awhile it has been to long pun intended.

[Rainbow]

Might as well throw in the gay pride smiley

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 05/12/03 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Trihead:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:

I
Love
Cornflakes
[Finger] [/b]

Sssssssssssssnake!![/b]
Hell Yeah I have been waiting for the snake thread for awhile it has been to long pun intended.

[Rainbow]

Sanke snake snake snake . . .

Watch the snake grow . . .
Posted by: Ramstein92

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 05/12/03 01:38 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
quote:

I
Love
Cornflakes
[Finger] [/b]

Sssssssssssssnake!![/b]

[Rainbow]

Diamondbacks are cool...
Posted by: Andre the Giant

Re: So I am being tailgated today... - 05/12/03 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramstein92:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
quote:
quote:

I
Love
Cornflakes
[Finger] [/b]

Sssssssssssssnake!![/b]

[Rainbow]

Diamondbacks are cool...

I prefer the salt and pepper king snake.