Metallica sues again.

Posted by: Origami Gangsta

Metallica sues again. - 17/07/03 04:00 PM

Lars Ulrich sues over guitar chords.

Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Metallica sues again. - 17/07/03 04:44 PM

Quote:
Ulrich states that he's not trying to prevent Unfaith from using the two chords, only that he feels Metallica should be credited for them whenever used, and is calling for 50% of all revenue generated from any song using them.

"It's nothing personal against them," he added. "We intend to enforce our rights with any band intending to use Metallica-branded chords in the future."
50% for the use of two cords?! Are you f'n kidding me?! "It's nothing personal against them," he added. "We intend to enforce our asinine stupidity on any band that's come up with anything remotely better than the crap that we've been playing lately." Lars needs to have an E & F shoved up his a$$!

mad
Posted by: number41

Re: Metallica sues again. - 17/07/03 04:56 PM

Metallica...I remember when they didn't suck ass and Lars kept his big mouth shut. Its really sad that one person can destroy so many fan loyalty.

:rolleyes:
Posted by: krisjon

Re: Metallica sues again. - 17/07/03 05:00 PM

Lars is a good drummer, but a total penis. I met him a few times when I was growing up in the Bay Area...even back in the early days, he had a shitty attitude and was so full of himself. I'm not surprised by this at all.

It's too bad because Hetfield and the rest of the guys are very cool.
Posted by: superjens

Re: Metallica sues again. - 17/07/03 05:46 PM

Hey dorks, it's not real.

Actually it is.

I have some swampland to sell you in Florida, too.
Posted by: number41

Re: Metallica sues again. - 17/07/03 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by superjens:

Actually it is.

Even so, Lars is still a cocksucker.
Posted by: Origami Gangsta

Re: Metallica sues again. - 17/07/03 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by superjens:

Actually it is.

Dammit Jens, I had them going. :p
Posted by: X-Fire

Re: Metallica sues again. - 21/07/03 12:19 AM

It\'s ironic how believable it really was... [LOL]
Posted by: MBFlyerfan

Re: Metallica sues again. - 23/07/03 08:29 AM

When you first posted I couldnt read your link. So I didnt comment. But After I was able to read it , it definately sounded pretty ridiculous.

It does go to show how far Mettalica has descended into the realm of haters. Maybe they should take notice that if people could actually believe they would sue over E and F, maybe they should be rethinking thier positions on alot of other matters.
Posted by: PrimeX

Re: Metallica sues again. - 23/07/03 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mbflyerfan:
maybe they should be rethinking thier positions on alot of other matters.
Like thinking they can still write music worth listening too?

They seriously used to be one of my favorite bands, but now I wouldn't accept a free copy of the absolute shit they're putting out. Fuck Lars.
Posted by: Firebraun

Re: Metallica sues again. - 24/07/03 05:55 PM

OK, so what exactly does this E-F progression that's so associated with metallica's music sound like?
Posted by: coferj

Re: Metallica sues again. - 25/07/03 08:37 AM

Goddamn! Lars is a big fucking douche bag!

(Lars)
Posted by: bennet

Re: Metallica sues again. - 25/07/03 10:31 AM

They say their signature sound is the E F chord combination?

I thought it was a snare. laugh
Posted by: MBFlyerfan

Re: Metallica sues again. - 25/07/03 11:07 AM

it was a joke people. All it did was illustrate what people feel about Mettalica. That people would believe that metallica actually WOULD sue over the use of chords, goes to show that most think they are a litiguous bunch of jerks.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Metallica sues again. - 25/07/03 11:19 AM

There are only so many chords to choose from. You can't copywrite a chord- a melody or lyrics, yes, but not a chord. It's like Pepsi trying to sue coke for using water to make their product. Metallica sucks anymore anyway.
Posted by: bennet

Re: Metallica sues again. - 25/07/03 11:36 AM

mbflyerfan, EVERYBODY KNOWS ITS A JOKE. Don't worry, nobody's being fooled. It's only been stated about four times in this short thread. That doesn't mean that people are going to stop making comments and dumb jokes.