This is what your government is doing...

Posted by: PackRat

This is what your government is doing... - 29/07/03 08:29 PM

Apologies to those abroad....

WHAT
THE
HELL
???

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/07/29/terror.market/index.html
Posted by: NY Madman

Re: This is what your government is doing... - 29/07/03 08:50 PM

I think it was a stupid idea. I'm sure some idiot at the Pentagon thought it would attract terrorists and then they could track them from there. Who knows?

It was stupid and probably someone should be fired. One of Bush's main problems is he does not like to fire anyone. You would have thought someone would have been fired after 9-11 but no...

Maybe it was John Poindexter. I don't like the fact that he is back with the government working on secret Pentagon projects.
Posted by: Origami Gangsta

Re: This is what your government is doing... - 30/07/03 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Maybe it was John Poindexter. I don't like the fact that he is back with the government working on secret Pentagon projects.
Come on, with a name like that, are you really suprised?
Posted by: BlueRebel

Re: This is what your government is doing... - 30/07/03 05:33 AM

Oh come on guys give'em a little credit, atleast they're trying to be creative in the tools they use and the ways they're going about dealing with the current geo political situation. The way everyone talks about this it makes it sound like we were experimenting with new bio weapons on children or something. They had an idea, they caught to much flak for it, so they canned it, done and done. Give'em a break.
Posted by: PackRat

Re: This is what your government is doing... - 30/07/03 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueRebel:
Oh come on guys give'em a little credit, atleast they're trying to be creative in the tools they use and the ways they're going about dealing with the current geo political situation. The way everyone talks about this it makes it sound like we were experimenting with new bio weapons on children or something. They had an idea, they caught to much flak for it, so they canned it, done and done. Give'em a break.
No.

With all due respect, such complacency is what these sorts of politicians count on.

A
Posted by: sdx

Re: This is what your government is doing... - 30/07/03 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PackRat:
With all due respect, such complacency is what these sorts of politicians count on.
Actually big shooter politicians had nothing to do with it. they were the ones that called it into question. This was merely a research group proposing an idea.... it got shot down, no big deal. confused
Posted by: BlueRebel

Re: This is what your government is doing... - 30/07/03 11:36 AM

As i understand it the idea came from a military think tank and they played with it, the politicians didnt like it, so it was shot down...the system actually worked. Gotta be creative and have wierd off the wall ideas in order to make any progress. Wierd idea came up, the peoples representatives didnt like it and as a result it was stopped, sounds like the system worked it gives me faith that atleast we're trying to do something new and different to confront the problems facing us, i just didnt see it as that big of a deal, thats all.
Posted by: MBFlyerfan

Re: This is what your government is doing... - 04/08/03 05:14 AM

I understand the idea behind it. Even if it is a tad misguided. It almost seems slike a sting operation. Monitor who is making "investments" at a certain period of time and keep an eye on those people. I mean, imagine how much money you wouldve made if you shorted stock in a company that was in the World Trade Center on 9/10. I'll bet Osama and many other members of Al Queda did just that.
Posted by: off2cjb

Re: This is what your government is doing... - 05/08/03 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mbflyerfan:
I understand the idea behind it. Even if it is a tad misguided. It almost seems slike a sting operation. Monitor who is making "investments" at a certain period of time and keep an eye on those people. I mean, imagine how much money you wouldve made if you shorted stock in a company that was in the World Trade Center on 9/10. I'll bet Osama and many other members of Al Queda did just that.
Agreed.