They had it coming...

Posted by: Trihead

They had it coming... - 01/09/05 06:02 AM

apparently god was pissed at NO.

LINK
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 06:19 AM

Two days. That's as long as it took.

I can't wait until a tornado rips up that guy's house.

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 07:09 AM

i can't wait till someone rips up his ass.

karma.

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 07:13 AM

What an ass. This guy should be dragged into the street and shot...

The christian freaks are just as bad as the muslim freaks are just as bad as the environmental freaks are just as bad as the political freaks...

How come after a natural disaster, the freaks all think they should spin it for their *cause*? I get sick of this shiite... I know we live in a supposedly free society, but seriously, there's some kind of speech that we just don't need, here... And any freak that wants to blame a natural disaster on anything other than Nature, ought to just be "taken out", to use the phrase of a different christian freak...
Posted by: off2cjb

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 07:20 AM

Sorry you non-believers cannot accept the fact that our God is a vengeful one. The great flood, Sodom and Gomarrah, locusts, Red Sea, etc...

I am not saying the hurricane was sent from God to destroy NO days before a queer party, but He does make his presence known when He is pissed. His ways are not ours, so don't try wrapping your brain around it.

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
Sorry you non-believers cannot accept the fact that our God is a vengeful one. The great flood, Sodom and Gomarrah, locusts, Red Sea, etc...

I am not saying the hurricane was sent from God to destroy NO days before a queer party, but He does make his presence known when He is pissed. His ways are not ours, so don't try wrapping your brain around it.
[Spit] [Spit] [Spit] [Spit]

So, you're agreeing with this guy?

As one Christian to another, you need to read more of the New Testament than the Old.
Posted by: Claus

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 07:24 AM

Quote:

[LOL] [LOL] [LOL] you truly need a girlfriend

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 07:28 AM

the fact that you referred to the party as "queer" really says all we need to know about you. Maybe if you had something in your life you wouldn't have to cling to 3000 year old text for comfort. add him to the drag in the street and shoot list.

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
Quote:
[b]Sorry you non-believers cannot accept the fact that our God is a vengeful one. The great flood, Sodom and Gomarrah, locusts, Red Sea, etc...

[Spit] [Spit] [Spit] [Spit]

So, you're agreeing with this guy?

As one Christian to another, you need to read more of the New Testament than the Old.[/b]
No, I am not agreeing with this guy! If this was the case, wouldn't you think San Fran would have been toast by now. Yes, I know the difference between the Old and New. Thanks.

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 08:05 AM

you don't just have issues my friend, you have a subscription. San Frnasisco off the map? why? are you insinuating something? Are we all supposed to make the same prejudicial assumptions that you do about a city, or a culture that you obviously know nothing about.
im not homosexual but my brother is, and i guarantee you if you told him god would wipe him off the map, he would push your face through the back of your head, and leave you with a little rainbow smiley.

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Redsox1113:

im not homosexual but my brother is, and i guarantee you if you told him god would wipe him off the map, he would push your face through the back of your head, and leave you with a little rainbow smiley.[/QB]
That is a great quote.
Posted by: NY Madman

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 08:15 AM

Quote:
you don't just have issues my friend, you have a subscription. San Frnasisco off the map? why? are you insinuating something? Are we all supposed to make the same prejudicial assumptions that you do about a city, or a culture that you obviously know nothing about.
im not homosexual but my brother is, and i guarantee you if you told him god would wipe him off the map, he would push your face through the back of your head, and leave you with a little rainbow smiley.
It seems like you are the high strung individual in this thread.

Why don't you explain to all of us what you mean by their "culture". Are you claiming that homosexuality is a culture? If so, what kind of culture.

Up until now it was a behavior. A sexual behavior. When did it become a culture? It seems they even called their celebration "Southern Decadence". Decadence is a culture?

The guy is a nut for claiming God sent the hurricane to stop what was going to go on.

I am also fully confident that the gays will not let any hurricane stand in the way of their "culture". They will find another city to have their decadent celebration and engage in public sex acts in the streets and bars. After all... it's "culture" right?

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 08:40 AM

madman - im high strung?

your giving me a dictionary lesson on "culture" and "behavior" because i stood up for someone.

sounds like you need a hug. might i suggest the new location of the decadence gathering.

ha ha ha.

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 08:42 AM

Quote:
As one Christian to another, you need to read more of the New Testament than the Old.[/QB]
without getting into this too heavily, isn't 1 Corinthians in the New Testament?

1 Cor. 6:8-10
"8Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, and you do this to your brothers.

9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 08:48 AM

Quote:
madman - im high strung?
Seems so. You immediately went into attack mode on the other user because of your politically correct sensitivities.

Quote:
your giving me a dictionary lesson on "culture" and "behavior" because i stood up for someone.
I'm not giving you anything. I was asking you questions. Are you going to provide answers?

Quote:
sounds like you need a hug. might i suggest the new location of the decadence gathering.

ha ha ha.
I don't know. Let me guess. Your brother's house.

Ha ha ha...

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 08:56 AM

oh wow, your funny too! maybe i should introduce you to him for real. what do you bench?
Posted by: Peanut Butter

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 09:02 AM

This will be in ALR by lunch time. Have fun.

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 09:06 AM

Quote:
I'm sure your queer brother might try to throw his purse at me, but get real dude. Yo're writing checks your brother's body can't cash. Whether I use gay, queer, butt-pirate, or any other term does not change the fact he likes looking at another man's white pimpled hairy ass. Here's your rainbow... [Rainbow]

Someday you will get over yourself and realize the vast majority of us (Christians) have no problem with queers. It is their lifestyle choice, not the individual.
Posted by: Andre the Giant

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 09:09 AM

Anyone who believes that New Orleans was struck down by God has a few screws loose. They are no better than the muslims that rejoiced that Allah had sent Katrina, like a great jihadist, to destroy us infidels.

Fuck anyone who believes that. Anyone who takes delight in the misfortune of others is showing just what kind of "god" they worship.

As a Christian, you have to ask yourself... Do you believe in a loving, forgiving God, or a vengeful angry God?
Posted by: jorge

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 09:12 AM

Why can't have a single discussion where people disagree free of personal insults/threats?

Quote:
I'm sure your queer brother might try to throw his purse at me, but get real dude. Yo're writing checks your brother's body can't cash. Whether I use gay, queer, butt-pirate, or any other term does not change the fact he likes looking at another man's white pimpled hairy ass. Here's your rainbow... [Rainbow]

Someday you will get over yourself and realize the vast majority of us (Christians) have no problem with queers. It is their lifestyle choice, not the individual.
off2cjb, please tell why you have a problem with the "queer" lifestyle?

Also, what if it's not a "choice"?

There have been plenty of studies done showing both sides, so there is a chance that your God made him gay at birth.
Posted by: Andre the Giant

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 09:12 AM

How did this thread become so [Rainbow] ???

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 09:17 AM

"Someday you will get over yourself and realize the vast majority of us (Christians) have no problem with queers. It is their lifestyle choice, not the individual."

your a little sensitive, huh? do whatever you like, thats the point. let other people do that to. you dont have to jump all over someone (pun) to tell us how you feel. i was trying to say that we should be aware of what we say about people who are part of this forum and our community. If its ok to call gay people names is it ok for us to use slurs on race or religion as well? where does the XOC draw the line? Isn't this a family oriented community of X owners? let me know.

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 09:36 AM

Quote:
Isn't this a family oriented community of X owners? let me know.
You must be new... Yep. 36 posts...

[Too much XOC] laugh laugh [Too much XOC]

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
I don't know. Let me guess. Your brother's house.

Ha ha ha...
OK, that was kinda funny right there....
Posted by: XOC

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 09:38 AM

People who believe crap like that are some of the same people that still believe the world is flat.

Have you hugged your alterboy today??

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 09:40 AM

Quote:
where does the XOC draw the line? Isn't this a family oriented community of X owners? let me know.
I don't think there is a line...

Posted by: Kaiser

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 09:43 AM

Quote:
...If its ok to call gay people names
I think that's where the trouble started... nobody seemed to think that 'queer' was a slur but yourself.

I don't think he said it in a negative way... queers = fags = gay people... I don't think that constitutes name calling or negativity... that's just what they're called (I hear them refer to themselves as such all the time... 'course then I hear black people call each other the N word all the time, too... guess it's okay to say unless you're white).

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 09:43 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
[QB][QUOTE]Originally posted by NY Madman:
[qb]I don't know. Let me guess. Your brother's house.

i agree, that was funny. as far as i knew i was playing around with madman, but the other dude went way too far, especially cuz noone was talking to him.

im done, if you make hate a part of your life, get used to it, the world is round my friend.

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 09:47 AM

God talks to him.

And he drinks poison and he handles deadly snakes to prove his faith.
Posted by: monkeyman

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 09:49 AM

why must you all be so cruel..

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser:

I don't think he said it in a negative way... queers = fags = gay people... I don't think that constitutes name calling or negativity... that's just what they're called (.[/QB]
I'm pretty sure butt-pirate is negative.

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 09:52 AM

Quote:
[QUOTE]the world is round my friend.
So is a women's ass.

But I guess your brother and his "teammates" would never notice that.

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by evanbio:
without getting into this too heavily, isn't 1 Corinthians in the New Testament?

1 Cor. 6:8-10
"8Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, and you do this to your brothers.

9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."
Yes. It also contains:

Matthew 5:43-48
43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

and

John 15:12
"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."

and

Romans 5:8
"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

but the one I think applies most to off2cjb is this one:

Luke 11:37-46
37When Jesus had finished speaking, a Pharisee invited him to eat with him; so he went in and reclined at the table. 38But the Pharisee, noticing that Jesus did not first wash before the meal, was surprised.

39Then the Lord said to him, "Now then, you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness. 40You foolish people! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also? 41But give what is inside the dish [j] to the poor, and everything will be clean for you.

42"Woe to you Pharisees, because you give God a tenth of your mint, rue and all other kinds of garden herbs, but you neglect justice and the love of God. You should have practiced the latter without leaving the former undone.

43"Woe to you Pharisees, because you love the most important seats in the synagogues and greetings in the marketplaces.

44"Woe to you, because you are like unmarked graves, which men walk over without knowing it."

45One of the experts in the law answered him, "Teacher, when you say these things, you insult us also."

46Jesus replied, "And you experts in the law, woe to you, because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them.
Posted by: Smith

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Andre the Giant:
How did this thread become so [Rainbow] ???
You think it's [Rainbow] now, wait until Chris shows up.

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Smith:
Quote:
[b]How did this thread become so [Rainbow] ???
You think it's [Rainbow] now, wait until Chris shows up.[/b]
[Spit] [Spit] [Spit]

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 10:33 AM

Quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by evanbio:
[qb]without getting into this too heavily, isn't 1 Corinthians in the New Testament?

Yes. It also contains:

[b]Matthew 5:43-48

and

John 15:12
"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."

and

Romans 5:8

but the one I think applies most to off2cjb is this one:

Luke 11:37-46
[/b]
I wasn't trying to say it was ok to kill all the gays. I was just pointing out that yes, the New Testament speaks of God's feelings about homosexual sin as well. note i pointed out sin, and not the person who is homosexual. That's all I'm adding to this thread, especially now that it went so far as moving to the ALR.

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 10:47 AM

what is ALR?

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 10:47 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]...If its ok to call gay people names
I think that's where the trouble started... nobody seemed to think that 'queer' was a slur but yourself.

I don't think he said it in a negative way... queers = fags = gay people... I don't think that constitutes name calling or negativity... that's just what they're called (I hear them refer to themselves as such all the time... 'course then I hear black people call each other the N word all the time, too... guess it's okay to say unless you're white).[/b]
Isn't there a show called "queer eye for the straight guy" or something like that.....

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 10:49 AM

Quote:
oh wow, your funny too! maybe i should introduce you to him for real. what do you bench?
Because your brother can bench press alot....what does that have to do with anything?
Posted by: monkeyman

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fronterra:
Quote:
[b]oh wow, your funny too! maybe i should introduce you to him for real. what do you bench?
Because your brother can bench press alot....what does that have to do with anything?[/b]
he can pick up any man he wants [LOL]

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by monkeyman:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]oh wow, your funny too! maybe i should introduce you to him for real. what do you bench?
Because your brother can bench press alot....what does that have to do with anything?[/b]
he can pick up any man he wants [LOL] [/b]
[Spit]

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by monkeyman:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
he can pick up any man he wants [LOL] [/b]
[Spit] [Spit] [Spit]

Been a while since we've had a good ALR thread! smile

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 11:06 AM

So Life according to Off2giveBj's:

God got pissed at the Queers because the parade was going to be bigger than ever this year, so he stuck his finger in the Ocean and twirled up a storm that made oh let say 200.000 people homeless and who knows how many take the fast track upstairs (if you believe this sort of thing.

Popquiz hotshot:

Why whould he not just strike lightning and brimstone on all who like to fudgepack?. Was he hung over?, was he short of batteries on his lightning stick?. was he playing pingpong with the devil?.

I am trying to put myself in your birkenstocks and figure out what it must be like to live in a world of black and white.....

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
Why can't have a single discussion where people disagree free of personal insults/threats?

Quote:
[b]I'm sure your queer brother might try to throw his purse at me, but get real dude. Yo're writing checks your brother's body can't cash. Whether I use gay, queer, butt-pirate, or any other term does not change the fact he likes looking at another man's white pimpled hairy ass. Here's your rainbow... [Rainbow]

off2cjb, please tell why you have a problem with the "queer" lifestyle?

Also, what if it's not a "choice"?

There have been plenty of studies done showing both sides, so there is a chance that your God made him gay at birth.[/b]
Jorge, my problem with the lifestyle is once again based on my beliefs. It is that simple. No studies anywhere have proven one speck of evidence supporting either argument.

I know it is a choice because God would not create something he does not like. Once again, it is that simple. I do have close friends who are gay. I dine with them and travel with them just like anyone else. They know how I feel, and I know how they feel. It stays at that.

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 11:16 AM

Quote:
What does benching??? have to do with anything?

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 11:17 AM

QUOTE]he can pick up any man he wants

it only took 20 posts for someone to get that joke.

i thought i was being funny, but apparently there are some pretty angry dudes here. sorry.

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Trihead:
God talks to him.

Why aren't you the one who consistantly cries about the stereotyping that goes on here, yet here you are, stereotyping all Christians into this one neat box so you can hate.

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 11:19 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I don't think he said it in a negative way... queers = fags = gay people... I don't think that constitutes name calling or negativity... that's just what they're called (.
I'm pretty sure butt-pirate is negative.[/QB]
Its all opinion baby. Take it the way you want. I could care less. You cannot take away my right to free speech, no matter how hard you and the ACLU will try.

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Claus Christensen:
So Life according to Off2giveBj's:

God got pissed at the Queers because the parade was going to be bigger than ever this year, so he stuck his finger in the Ocean and twirled up a storm that made oh let say 200.000 people homeless and who knows how many take the fast track upstairs (if you believe this sort of thing.

Popquiz hotshot:

Why whould he not just strike lightning and brimstone on all who like to fudgepack?. Was he hung over?, was he short of batteries on his lightning stick?. was he playing pingpong with the devil?.

I am trying to put myself in your birkenstocks and figure out what it must be like to live in a world of black and white.....
You're an idiot Claus, nothing more and nothing less. No where in this thread did I ever agree with the guy in the subject of this thread. I fear that you are afraid to come out of the closet because you are always name calling men with little gay names. Come out Claus, you can date the strong big breasted brother of redsox something or other.

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 11:23 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]...If its ok to call gay people names

I don't think he said it in a negative way... queers = fags = gay people... I don't think that constitutes name calling or negativity... that's just what they're called (I hear them refer to themselves as such all the time... 'course then I hear black people call each other the N word all the time, too... guess it's okay to say unless you're white).[/b]
Isn't there a show called "queer eye for the straight guy" or something like that.....[/b]
OH OOOOOH OOOH - I just had a GREAT idea for a show.... wait for it.... wait for it....

"Nigga Eye for the White Guy"!!!!!!!

Gonna put some TWENTY TWO's on that Xterra mo FO!!! BLING BLING!!

[LOL]

Oh, and for the new guy with the muscley brother - this is just the way conversations go here...

Don't get to riled up about anything you see. People are either joking, trying to egg you on to see how mad you'll get (while laughing their asses off), or if they are really serious, they are not worth your time to argue with.

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 11:24 AM

off2cjb - you got it man, me and the ACLU are hard at work trying to censor you, man are you paranoid. forget it dude.
oh by the way, your aim handle in your profile is
"dingers4him"? thats hysterical!
if you like dinging men, why are you so bent out of shape? Its o.k. you can come out to the loving members here at XOC.

wink

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 11:27 AM

dude who said "muscley"?

it was a joke man. get it, he can pick up dudes.
i was trying to be funny till dingers4him started being a douchebag.

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 11:32 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]God talks to him.

Why aren't you the one who consistantly cries about the stereotyping that goes on here, yet here you are, stereotyping all Christians into this one neat box so you can hate.[/b]
Not me I think sterotypes are hysterical and I don't hate anyone.

I actually admire the faith of many Christians. I don't understand it most of the time and don't agree with it most of the time but hate isn't in my world. If it works for you I am happy to hear you have found peace. To me that is what is important. Some of the comments that you have made in the past have given me a mental picture of what you/who you are. I understand that what comes out in these forums is not always what a person is in real life.

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 11:38 AM

Quote:

Did I get anything wrong?.

My office staff of 13 contains about 25% Gays, they have an excellent sense of ha ha, dresses amazing, have excellent taste in almost everything. I have NOTHING against their lifestyle as I do not care what goes on in their bedroom, Nor do I care what hetro's do in the privacy of their own home....

If you thing being Gay is a choice you are a sad individual.

The only thing I do not see the point of is them having special rights...they are HUMAN BEINGS who were born different, should be accepted as long as the sexual part is kept private...

Sorry to dissapoint you off2blowalterboys, I am as hetro as they come, happily married with a gem of a daughter.

I believe you are judged on who you are not what you are, so the way I see it, God created Hetro's and Gay's equally, you sir, are going to hell for spreading your twisted views...
Posted by: ChuckH

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 12:42 PM

Amen, Claus!

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 12:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]God talks to him.

Why aren't you the one who consistantly cries about the stereotyping that goes on here, yet here you are, stereotyping all Christians into this one neat box so you can hate.[/b]
Not me I think sterotypes are hysterical and I don't hate anyone.

I actually admire the faith of many Christians. I don't understand it most of the time and don't agree with it most of the time but hate isn't in my world. If it works for you I am happy to hear you have found peace. To me that is what is important. Some of the comments that you have made in the past have given me a mental picture of what you/who you are. I understand that what comes out in these forums is not always what a person is in real life.[/b]
Kewl, thank you. I like your thought process. I too have respect for people of all faiths. We do have our share of those who tend to be out there. Yes you right, we all form a mental picture of each other based on what we read here.
Posted by: socalpunx

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Smith:
Quote:
[b]How did this thread become so [Rainbow] ???
You think it's [Rainbow] now, wait until Christ shows up.[/b]
Fixed. [Uh Oh !]
Posted by: BradLee

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 02:28 PM

Top notch, completly, hilarious, funny ass, thread.

Special Thanks too.

off2cjb
Claus
NY Madman

Redsox1113: Quote:how much do you bench?Quote Come on dude really. And No, I don't mean cum on a dude!

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 03:02 PM

Love a good web scrap.....

What makes it so much more enjoyable is that some people actually takes offense to it, prolly goes home and eats a pint of Ben and Jerry's...

[Finger]
Posted by: Weasel

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 05:01 PM

YAY RELIGION!

/I love this GIF

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 05:48 PM

Repent America. ????
GET THE FUCK OUT!
and no, I dont care how many of those stupid little trucks I have under my name

[Finger] [Finger] [Finger] [Finger] [Finger]
Posted by: lemsip

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 06:04 PM

Seems God is a passive aggressive in his wrath. What a dude, put thousands on the streets because some men like each others bum crumbs. Why would anyone worship such a cunt ?
Posted by: TJ

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 06:14 PM

Hey - as long as we have so many religeous scholars present...I have a serious question...

In the bible, we have things said by people other than God or Jesus...kind of like reporters or roving philosophers...big fans of Jesus, etc.

When they said things, we now seem to be acting as if a desciple's words are somehow the same as the words of Jesus, or God...

I mean, these guys were for slaves behaving and doing what they're masters told them to, and other questionable views...so some of what they say is taken as kind of a religeous law...as in if you go against what they say, its a sin....and some of what they say is ignored, even by religeous leaders....so there seems to be no clear cut way of interpreting their words...Judas was a desciple, he screwed up, but lets say he didn't screw up...today what ever he said would be something we're supposed to live by?

Are some of them considered more reliable than others....like we ignore Judas, but follow Luke?

If Jesus said it, does it mean more than if say, Luke said it?

So - What's the religeous experts opinion on how to interpret what desciples said?

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
Hey - as long as we have so many religeous scholars present...I have a serious question...

In the bible, we have things said by people other than God or Jesus...kind of like reporters or roving philosophers...big fans of Jesus, etc.

When they said things, we now seem to be acting as if a desciple's words are somehow the same as the words of Jesus, or God...

I mean, these guys were for slaves behaving and doing what they're masters told them to, and other questionable views...so some of what they say is taken as kind of a religeous law...as in if you go against what they say, its a sin....and some of what they say is ignored, even by religeous leaders....so there seems to be no clear cut way of interpreting their words...Judas was a desciple, he screwed up, but lets say he didn't screw up...today what ever he said would be something we're supposed to live by?

Are some of them considered more reliable than others....like we ignore Judas, but follow Luke?

If Jesus said it, does it mean more than if say, Luke said it?

So - What's the religeous experts opinion on how to interpret what desciples said?
It's actually pretty simple. When a priest tells you it's "our little secret", then it's obviously not coming from above...

But seriously, I can't figure this one out. The original article says the butt-pirates weren't having their fudge fest for another 2 days, right? So are you telling me God didn't know what day he was supposed to wipe out New Orleans?? He was 2 days early. I mean, I was taught to be on time... Is God trying to tell me I should be 2 days early to everything? SONUVA' BITCH!!! I haven't seen that in the freaking bible. Damn. Now I gotta' read the whole thing over again. Hope that fucking priest doesn't want me to come over and study anymore...

laugh

Re: They had it coming... - 01/09/05 08:30 PM

TJ,

If you really mean that as a serious question, I can offer you what I understand.

Assuming you are asking about the books in the New Testament which aren't part of the gospel (that being Mathew, Mark, Luke, or John)...

The majority of the rest of the new testament was penned by Paul (formerly Saul) and Peter (as in the disciple), through God's inspiration. So, in Paul and Peter's own words, they wrote the ideas that God put in their heads.

As for whether or not we worship Paul and/or Peter.. I certainly hope no Christian is worshiping them or Mary (Jesus' mother) for that matter. They were all sinners just like you and I.

Now, as for your question about taking the teachings in the New Testament as "religious law". Nothing in the books are religious law for there is no more religious law. Jesus resurrection set us all free from the law that the old testament had established, by fulfilling what the law had said.

I guess you could sum it all up in this command (paraphrased) 'Believe in your heart that Jesus is Lord, confess with your mouth that God raised him from the dead, and repent your sins.' The non-gospel books support this message.

If I didn't answer your question fully or you'd like me to expound on something, just ask. I'd be happy to discuss it with you.

The biggest problem people have in reading the books of the New Testament is that the books were written to specific groups of people for specific reasons. If you don't take care to understand what was being said and the context in which it was said, you can miss the point and the meaning can be drastically different. So, exegesis is very important. Few adolescents today know what all the metaphors in the Don McLean song "American Pie" mean. Yet, in the 70s, when Don wrote the song, people knew exactly what and who he was talking about.

Re: They had it coming... - 02/09/05 01:17 PM

Re: They had it coming... - 03/09/05 08:05 AM

Quote:
...Yo're writing checks your brother's body can't cash...

[QB]
was that a bad Top Gun quote?
Posted by: DocNo

Re: They had it coming... - 03/09/05 02:08 PM

Quote:
I know it is a choice because God would not create something he does not like.
OK, could go two ways with this statement:

1) How do you know? Spoken to God lately, have you?

or

2) Well, God created choice therefore if they choose to be gay he must like gay people

Quote:
Once again, it is that simple.
Yes, you are... :rolleyes:

Quote:
I do have close friends who are gay.
I doubt that. Either your lying or their stupid for associating with someone who thinks their very existence will send them straight to hell.
Posted by: oleblue

Re: They had it coming... - 03/09/05 03:58 PM

Quote:
Sorry you non-believers cannot accept the fact that our God is a vengeful one. ...
As a non-believer, I accept the "fact" that your God is very vengeful. That is why I will not put my faith in such an angry energy.

Now, you say if all followed this faith, then that energy would not have to be so angry. Might be true, but then that energy would have everyone in its corner and just wipe you out at once.

Sorry I pray to my boots, they have saved my life countless times.

Re: They had it coming... - 03/09/05 06:59 PM

Quote:
Well, God created choice therefore if they choose to be gay he must like gay people.
Dr. No, you've stumbled upon the paradox that is Free Will. We humans have the ability to choose whatever we like (right or wrong). We may chose to do right or we may chose to sin. It's up to us to choose. The fact that we choose wrong sometimes doesn't reflect poorly upon the God that gave us that freewill and expects/instructs us to do Good. It reflects upon our sinful nature.

That's the whole trick of freewill - the ability to disappoint a God who loves us and wants us to choose the moral good.

If we didn't have that free will, we would be no better than puppets on a string. Would a parent be proud of their kid for behaving well if their kid had no choice but to behave?

Re: They had it coming... - 04/09/05 04:38 PM

I'm pretty shocked and saddened by the insensitivity of some individuals to the suffering of other human beings. People are dying and people need help. I don't care what religion anyone is -- if your God says it's important to help your fellow man in need, please consider helping NOW:

I'm trying to help get the word out. Although they have gotten most evacuees out of New Orleans and are in a recovery mode in New Orleans, the Red Cross will need all the help it can get to run the hundreds of shelters it is setting up around the neighboring states, for many months to come. I was a refugee from VietNam, coming here with nothing, and I owe a great debt to this country, and seeing the horrible images both saddens me and moves me to take some kind of action. If it was a disaster in California, I'd want my fellow Americans to help too. Please help me spread the word! This information applies to my local area, but anyone can donate directly by calling 1800HELPNOW, online at redcross.org, or volunteer at your local Red Cross.
---------------------
With the devastation of Hurricane Katrina, many Orange Country residents want to help.

Here’s what you can do:

ORANGE COUNTY RED CROSS
The Red Cross has initiated a special hotline for inquiries about Hurricane Katrina. Call (714) 384-0754 for information on donations and volunteer opportunities. The Red Cross is specifically looking for individuals who have already received the following training:
• CERT
• Citizen Corp
• Sheltering training
• Other specialized disaster/first aid training

Disaster Workers Critically Needed!

The Red Cross is also offering a free introduction to disaster service for volunteers who are willing to travel and volunteer at the disaster site for one to three weeks as part of the national Disaster Services Human Resources (DSHR)system. Classes are currently being set up and participants must pre-register. Call (714) 481-5300 Ext. 5337 for specific times and dates

Financial donations are critically needed.

Go online to www.oc-redcross.org or send check to:

American Red Cross of Orange County
% Hurricane Katrina
P.O. Box 894324
Los Angeles 90189
Posted by: PrimeX

Re: They had it coming... - 06/09/05 10:04 AM

Quote:
Yo're writing checks your brother's body can't cash.[/QB]
Do you feel the need? The need FOR SPEED!?

Re: They had it coming... - 06/09/05 10:24 AM

Negative ghost rider, the pattern is full.

Re: They had it coming... - 06/09/05 10:28 AM

Slider, (sniff,sniff) you stink.

Re: They had it coming... - 06/09/05 10:33 AM

Yee Haw!! Jesters dead!

Re: They had it coming... - 06/09/05 10:35 AM

You know its bad when this thread gets hijacked by Top Gun quotes. Gotta love it!

Re: They had it coming... - 06/09/05 12:08 PM

Hard deck my ass....we nailed that son of a bitch.

Re: They had it coming... - 06/09/05 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BigDutch:
a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than
homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear
reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev. 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws?
(Lev. 20:14)

[/QB]
[LOL] [Spit] [Spit] [LOL]
Posted by: Weasel

Re: They had it coming... - 06/09/05 04:15 PM

Dutch

I SALUTE YOU